You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Unknown local spottings / Unknown operator questions

Unknown local spottings / Unknown operator questions

RE: Unknown local spottings / Unknown operator questions
Ukar (what was Northern Rock) seem to have some sort of shuttle bus.
Saw it at Heworth not too long ago.

No operator branding, other than Ukar logos
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Probably some bloke running it from an estate somewhere in Middlesbrough, but saw a Karaoke mini bus tonight.

M reg Merc, possibly a Patient Transport vehicle in its past life.

Lambrini, cheap perfume, VPL's and tacky birthday/hen party badges galore behind the tinted windows I fear.
Re: RE: Unknown local spottings / Unknown operator questions
(11 Apr 2014, 9:28 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Lambrini, cheap perfume, VPL's and tacky birthday/hen party badges galore behind the tinted windows I fear.

Where do I sign up? Wink
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(03 Apr 2014, 5:42 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Ukar (what was Northern Rock) seem to have some sort of shuttle bus.
Saw it at Heworth not too long ago.

No operator branding, other than Ukar logos

Forgot to mention - saw this the other day.
The operator (saw the legals), is Sodexo Ltd.

It seems they have fingers in several pies - literally!
I was down Newton Aycliffe way earlier and caught the tail end of a National (would recognise that roar anywhere) heading towards Darlo on the A167.
Didn't get a proper look - but it wasn't in 'local' colours.

Moments later, it went bombing back up in the opposite direction - again, didn't get a good look.
Not expecting to see it again, it took me by surprise, to see it heading back towards Darlo.

Anyone storing/restoring one in that area?
It sounded great.
Wasn't one of Steve Foster's two was it? I see he was out doing a wedding today, with CKB166X

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(20 Sep 2014, 8:22 pm)tyresmoke wrote Wasn't one of Steve Foster's two was it? I see he was out doing a wedding today, with CKB166X

Sod the Limo. I'd turn up at my wedding in a National any day of the week. Smile
@tyresmoke Ah, forgot about those. It looks like it could be the cream/white one. Not sure on engines, but it sounded like a raspy engined National, rather than the front engined ones.

@aureolin Hopefully NEB members will get back row seats on the bus and an invite to the wedding? Wink
The Vario KP52UFL is often parked outside a house somewhere on the X22 route

(11 Apr 2014, 9:28 pm)Andreos1 wrote Probably some bloke running it from an estate somewhere in Middlesbrough, but saw a Karaoke mini bus tonight.

M reg Merc, possibly a Patient Transport vehicle in its past life.

Lambrini, cheap perfume, VPL's and tacky birthday/hen party badges galore behind the tinted windows I fear.

Kept in Teesville I think. Was out the other night. Blue lights on the front.
orange Lynx spotted in Middlesbrough last week, reg started with G300, looked to have schoolkids on. Looked pretty tidy from what I saw, anybody any ideas?
Whoah! Was never a massive fan, but pleased to see one in such good condition, still in service
When I was at Heworth in May, there was a white Mercedes step-entrance vehicle (looks new, can't find pic because I left my SD card at tuition). When I zoomed into the legals I could make out "Admiral Way, Sunderland". It had an advert on the side.
Site Administrator
(01 Jan 2015, 5:18 pm)ArrivaNE_7522 wrote When I was at Heworth in May, there was a white Mercedes step-entrance vehicle (looks new, can't find pic because I left my SD card at tuition). When I zoomed into the legals I could make out "Admiral Way, Sunderland". It had an advert on the side.

[Image: 12571160533_b4de21d0d6.jpg]Sodexo: CN13AOO by danielgrahamm, on Flickr
About 1630 in Coxhoe on Wednesday afternoon, a yellow G reg Olympian came down from Quarrington Hill direction, turning left at the lights towards Bowburn.

No operator livery at all.
(30 Jan 2015, 5:11 pm)Andreos1 wrote About 1630 in Coxhoe on Wednesday afternoon, a yellow G reg Olympian came down from Quarrington Hill direction, turning left at the lights towards Bowburn.

No operator livery at all.

Possibly Volvo B10M G627BPH of Pygalls? That was all yellow

[Image: 12027693523_9a2054774a_z.jpg]

(30 Jan 2015, 5:32 pm)tyresmoke wrote Possibly Volvo B10M G627BPH of Pygalls? That was all yellow

[Image: 12027693523_9a2054774a_z.jpg]

Yeah, that could be the one.
Cheers.
Possibly the wrong thread - not sure of the most suitable one, but there was a McGills Enviro on the A1 at Catterick, heading North this morning.

Only saw it through rear view mirror as I was heading south, so no idea who was at the wheel or what was on the display.

Anyone have any ideas?
My tutor apparently saw a Mercedes Vario/Wright StreetLite/Optare Solo (after searching through NEB's fleet lists, they were the types of bus that she thought looked like the bus/coach that she saw) with "Pixie" in blue lettering. She saw it (apparently) at the Wansbeck Hospital roundabout (of which the 1 turns around and the X21 uses).

Thanks.
(24 Feb 2015, 7:22 pm)Andreos1 wrote Possibly the wrong thread - not sure of the most suitable one, but there was a McGills Enviro on the A1 at Catterick, heading North this morning.

Only saw it through rear view mirror as I was heading south, so no idea who was at the wheel or what was on the display.

Anyone have any ideas?

One of my mates saw a 15 plate one (on trade plates) in Middlesbrough yesterday morning, presumably on delivery.

(25 Feb 2015, 6:25 pm)tyresmoke wrote One of my mates saw a 15 plate one (on trade plates) in Middlesbrough yesterday morning, presumably on delivery.
From Scarborough?

Never noticed any trade plates on the one I saw, but the delivery line was the only explanation I could think of.
(26 Feb 2015, 7:50 am)Andreos1 wrote From Scarborough?

Never noticed any trade plates on the one I saw, but the delivery line was the only explanation I could think of.

Not sure I think it was from Falkirk

What looks like an ECW Leyland Olympian, parked up against a unit - facing the railway line in the Stockton area.

It is in the unit next to Warburtons on Yarm Road.

Noticed it a few times.
Was surprised to see an Optare Vecta passing over the Millburngate bridge this evening - M10DVS.

Has someone taken it into preservation?