Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2013

RE: Go North East
(11 Jul 2013, 5:23 pm)Michael wrote More Vosa changes...

PB0002400/59 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Langley Park and Durham given service number 13/13a/14 effective from 01-Sep-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0002400/219 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Fatfield Bridge and North Lodge, Park View Comp School given service number 887 effective from 01-Sep-2013.

PB0002400/257 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Durham Bus Station and South Shields Market given service number 50/50A effective from 01-Sep-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/457 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Durham Bus Station and Newcastle Eldon Square Bus Station given service number 21,N21 effective from 01-Sep-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0002400/504 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: RICKLETON
Finish Point: NORTH LODGE PARK VIEW COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOL
Via:
Service Number: 887
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 01-SEP-2013
Other Details:
PB0003954/518 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Whitley Bay the links and Gateshead given service number 1 effective from 01-Sep-2013.

Wonder if changing to its changing back to Wrekenton and Kibblesworth, Adam said in a post on page 66.

PB0003954/553 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between NEWCASTLE PILGRIM STREET,GATESHEAD INTERCHANGE and WREKENTON HIGH STREET, OR KIBBLESWORTH SQUARE given service number 24/24A effective from 01-Sep-2013.

Wonder what changes will happen here?

re the 1 and 24 - coincidence they are changing together?
When the 1/2 stopped running from Wrekenton last time, we were told it was to improve reliability... Since then, the amount of complaints on the facebook wall has dropped massively.
To bring it back onto Durham Road, seems a backward step.
(11 Jul 2013, 5:48 pm)CatsFast101 wrote I wonder wether the Doxford Clipper changes could be to revert the changes made recently to offer an every 15 minute service across the whole route.

That would be the best idea, i think its daft it spilts at park lane/Homeside from a 20 to 10 min service and it also runs from both Stands E (for Doxford Park) and H for Pennywell.. to me its daft, tbh it only works on the 35/35A because it runs at a even service (bus every 10 mins) but when a service spilts from 20 to 10 mins... its confusing, their have being a few posts about the 39 cause of that reasonon the GNE fb page.
--------------
re the 1 and 24 - coincidence they are changing together?
When the 1/2 stopped running from Wrekenton last time, we were told it was to improve reliability... Since then, the amount of complaints on the facebook wall has dropped massively.
---
It does with rumors about the 1 changing back to Wrekenton and Kibblesworth, we have to wait and see if theirs a passenger questionnaire on the bus.

Also, what buses are on order for the 58, are these streetlites?, someone posted earlier on the forum a order had being placed for the 58.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(11 Jul 2013, 6:51 pm)Michael wrote Looks like a network change again... haha

Yeah. Too many changes! They just did the 88/88A and 39 in June and now they're doing it again!
(11 Jul 2013, 6:57 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote 5262 looks very smart.

I agree, but I dread to think what its new livery will look like, whether it's 'Coaster' or not!
(11 Jul 2013, 6:49 pm)BJ10VUS wrote There's also been a variation to the 28/28A, so the 1 may well be coming back to Wrekenton/Kibblesworth.

Would they not have to cancel and re-register to change the start or finish points of a service? The registration form is pretty specific, and in the same paste of information, one of the scholars services is cancelled and re-registered to move the start point from Fatfield to Rickleton.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(11 Jul 2013, 7:01 pm)aureolin wrote
(11 Jul 2013, 6:49 pm)BJ10VUS wrote There's also been a variation to the 28/28A, so the 1 may well be coming back to Wrekenton/Kibblesworth.

Would they not have to cancel and re-register to change the start or finish points of a service? The registration form is pretty specific, and in the same paste of information, one of the scholars services is cancelled and re-registered to move the start point from Fatfield to Rickleton.

Yes, to change the terminating point I understand the registration has been to cancelled and re-registered, not just simply changed.
(11 Jul 2013, 6:10 pm)Michael wrote re the 1 and 24 - coincidence they are changing together?

There's a lot of annoyance in Low Fell that services to Newcastle have been reduced since the changes and since the Angel is permanently stuck in traffic (I assume in Birtley, it always gets the blame) its not rare to see massive service gaps (up to 25 minutes and longer at weekends)

Perhaps the potential of another bus through Low Fell to Newcastle is tempting as a way to solve those issues, saying that the 24 is as reliable as chocolate fireguard
(11 Jul 2013, 7:35 pm)gtomlinson wrote Perhaps the potential of another bus through Low Fell to Newcastle is tempting as a way to solve those issues, saying that the 24 is as reliable as chocolate fireguard

It does use Vykings, you know? Tongue
Reporter
(11 Jul 2013, 7:38 pm)BJ10VUS wrote
(11 Jul 2013, 7:35 pm)gtomlinson wrote Perhaps the potential of another bus through Low Fell to Newcastle is tempting as a way to solve those issues, saying that the 24 is as reliable as chocolate fireguard

It does use Vykings, you know? Tongue

yes it does Northern branded ones as far and as for 5262 that is now light blue from what i heard from Kurt Stoves he said this in a quote " The plan is for them to stay put on coaster to be re-branded and re-routed" lookslike goodbye to 24/24A
(11 Jul 2013, 7:01 pm)BJ10VUS wrote
(11 Jul 2013, 6:59 pm)Michael wrote Looks nice, wasnt their one years ago in that colour?

Yeah, it was a demonstrator on the 21.
Photo by Peter Barclay: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27204054@N0.../lightbox/

No! Clearly the '07 Demonstrator is Metallic and a "Semi-shade" darker than the re-brand/colour which is more like that used on 50! -
Personally I believe brands have had their day apart from a handful of Key "Gold Standard Routes" - Maybe a stronger corporate "quality" identity as per Lothian buseshttp:
www.flickr.com/photos/barberbus/8639839963/
with discreet route banding and colour Variation on, for example Express "limited stop" routes and Town/Country long distance routes (e.g. Diamond) http://www.flickr.com/photos/89615119@N0...hianbuses/

Nexus will be pushing ahead for a RE-Regulation of public transport (as with Greater Manchester & Yorkshire's Metro Transport PTE, and GNE/Stagecoach & Arriva are only trying different methods & investing in new buses, while this threat hangs over them - otherwise I doubt the level of investment in new buses would be taking place.

Let's move this forum away from schoolboy bus spotters and tackle the real issues facing the industry.
Why not have a maximum age & quality of buses policy as dictated by the PTE (Nexus) and introduction of a multi-user travelcard as per Oyster valid across all modes of tansport (Buses,Metro, Northern Trains etc...) with guaranteed service levels throughout the day dictated by terms of contract.
Stagecoach have threatened removing their fleet from the region if this was imposed! - Well - Let Them! - I'm sure First Bus, GNE, Arriva and even Stagecoach would tender under the terms of regulated contracts.
I would go further & suggest such a scheme should extend to all "LA7" authorities i.e. NEXUS + Co. Durham & Northumberland County Council Transport areas ( as per Lord Adonis' report on the future of the region's transport) - Maybe it's time to start with a clean sheet and create a strong quality identity for the region's fleets, whether that be Nexus, LA7 or an entirely new name?
http://nfs.stvfiles.com/imagebase/34/623...-fleet.jpg
@Venturego

There are discussions in other parts of the forum about the very things you mention.

Have a look, join in, add to the debate there, rather than having a rant on this thread every week or so Smile
(12 Jul 2013, 8:32 am)Andreos1 wrote There are discussions in other parts of the forum about the very things you mention.

Yes - Similar issue has been posted by myself on http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=7&page=5, where you have commented, and there has been some interesting discussion & feedback.
As the points raised are pertinent to Go North East I thought it would be interesting to guage reaction from this forum and move the debate away from .. bus "A" operating on branded route "B" etc... Just thought some users may not look at other forum. Sorry if you feel I'm being repetitive
It's probably pertinent to all of the operators, hence why the admins moved it from here to the relevant section.
You even mentioned the three big players in the post last night.

Hey, post what you want. I'm not having a go at that, but if people want to join in or discuss a particular topic, they will do.
They will comment and post on whatever interests them - if that is buses off route, QCS, speculation or whatever else, let them.

The other threads may not be as popular with all members, but name a forum where each and every member, joins in with each and every thread...

Me, I love the debates on QCS, branding and the infrastructure, sticking some of my anti-capitalist views into the fore too - other people prefer discussing other topics like 'bus "A" operating on branded route "B" etc'.
Doesn't make anyone right or wrong though does it?

Initially, the infrastructure debates only attracted a few people. Now others have joined in. Join in too and stir a hornets nest in there Wink
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...610326552/
A few photos from down on the Quayside on Wednesday

Also according to GNE's Facebook Page the Wheyaye50's are running very late and one has broke down this Afternoon apparently, once again the reliability of this service and it's buses used are in question.

In an honest opinion since the 50 received these Solars off the 57 they have been nothing but trouble, constantly braking down etc and i'm pretty sure one of them has been sitting in the depot VOR for months now, might be 4926 or 4930 as I have seen 27/28/29 and 31 today whilst I have been out.

Plus there is the fact there is always atleast 3 Northern Deckers on the 50, if not it is some form of Renown (Northern/Lime) or even something else like on Tuesday there was a Lambton Worm DAF on, which again shows how bad this service is at times as I do use it on a daily basis.

Now i'm hoping fingers crossed GNE are sorting this problem out by using the Coaster Omnicities which are in the process of being repainted light blue.

It can't just be coincidence that the shade of blue is exactly same even if the Coaster was to have a Rebrand which most people are saying, although saying that others think they may go on the 50 which is what I think from what i've read over the past few days on various forums.
(12 Jul 2013, 2:56 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...610326552/
A few photos from down on the Quayside on Wednesday

Also according to GNE's Facebook Page the Wheyaye50's are running very late and one has broke down this Afternoon apparently, once again the reliability of this service and it's buses used are in question.

In an honest opinion since the 50 received these Solars off the 57 they have been nothing but trouble, constantly braking down etc and i'm pretty sure one of them has been sitting in the depot VOR for months now, might be 4926 or 4930 as I have seen 27/28/29 and 31 today whilst I have been out.

Plus there is the fact there is always atleast 3 Northern Deckers on the 50, if not it is some form of Renown (Northern/Lime) or even something else like on Tuesday there was a Lambton Worm DAF on, which again shows how bad this service is at times as I do use it on a daily basis.

Now i'm hoping fingers crossed GNE are sorting this problem out by using the Coaster Omnicities which are in the process of being repainted light blue.

It can't just be coincidence that the shade of blue is exactly same even if the Coaster was to have a Rebrand which most people are saying, although saying that others think they may go on the 50 which is what I think from what i've read over the past few days on various forums.

It's been confirmed by a Percy Main Driver (one who is very reliable with past information) that the Coaster is being rebranded as part of the return of the service to Wrekenton and Kibblesworth.
So.... Not sure it has been mentioned, if deckers are working the Durham Road services, due to the high volume of passengers (remember the Coaster used deckers too) - how are the Omnicities going to cope?

Add this to the problems caused in the past due to traffic congestion - as I said yesterday, this is a backwards step.

Next question, where are the Vykings going? Presumably replacing the remaining Yellow deckers or will they end up elsewhere?
(12 Jul 2013, 3:18 pm)Andreos1 wrote So.... Not sure it has been mentioned, if deckers are working the Durham Road services, due to the high volume of passengers (remember the Coaster used deckers too) - how are the Omnicities going to cope?

Add this to the problems caused in the past due to traffic congestion - as I said yesterday, this is a backwards step.

Next question, where are the Vykings going? Presumably replacing the remaining Yellow deckers or will they end up elsewhere?

The Coaster went single not long after the 1/2 were originally extended to Wrekenton and Kibblesworth, plus most time I have been to Gateshead recently, the majority of 24 workings have been single decker. The only reason it used the Vykings on the first place was because it was somewhere to put them. Likelihood is they'll be used to replace Tridents on front-line runs (13/14, X22, X25, X30/X31/X70/X71 and X43) which indirectly replaces the Yellow Bus Olympians.
There were branded deckers working the Coaster up until the last couple of years.
Pretty certain they were taken off the route AFTER the Coaster stopped going over the river.

As quoted just on this forum the other day, there are 3 Vykings on the 24 every day.
Just recently I have seen a Tyne Tees Express and whatever that green decker with the bunting painted on has also been on it.

The Newcastle/Gateshead - Low Fell stretch is a heavily used service, especially in peak. The majority of the Angel deckers are empty by the time they get beyond Harlow Green, with the 24 acting as an alternative.
Sticking an Omnicity to relieve the pressure on the Gemini's doesn't make sense.

Edit: Three photos taken a few years apart: www.flickr.com/photos/sjdavison28/4644774814/in/set-72157624147244174 and www.flickr.com/photos/emdjt42/3720948684/ and this one from just two years ago www.flickr.com/photos/35759580@N03/5656822045/
I don't think the 24 is really that well used out of peak times, especially since being taken from Newcastle for the most part of the day and the service reduction to every 20 minutes. Then again, this may be different with the changes due.
(12 Jul 2013, 3:44 pm)Andreos1 wrote There were branded deckers working the Coaster up until the last couple of years.
Pretty certain they were taken off the route AFTER the Coaster stopped going over the river.

As quoted just on this forum the other day, there are 3 Vykings on the 24 every day.
Just recently I have seen a Tyne Tees Express and whatever that green decker with the bunting painted on has also been on it.

The Newcastle/Gateshead - Low Fell stretch is a heavily used service, especially in peak. The majority of the Angel deckers are empty by the time they get beyond Harlow Green, with the 24 acting as an alternative.
Sticking an Omnicity to relieve the pressure on the Gemini's doesn't make sense.

Edit: Three photos taken a few years apart: www.flickr.com/photos/sjdavison28/4644774814/in/set-72157624147244174 and www.flickr.com/photos/emdjt42/3720948684/ and this one from just two years ago www.flickr.com/photos/35759580@N03/5656822045/

Only 2 remained branded until weeks before the shorting, but the rest were taken off back in 2009 to replace the OmniCitys on the 21! Plus, it's basically means 4 Coasters an hour replace 3 24s an hour.
(12 Jul 2013, 3:44 pm)Andreos1 wrote There were branded deckers working the Coaster up until the last couple of years.

Edit: Two photos taken a few years apart: www.flickr.com/photos/sjdavison28/4644774814/in/set-72157624147244174 and www.flickr.com/photos/emdjt42/3720948684/

I agree it is totally illogical to do this 1/24 combination using omnicities, it would be better using deckers because no doubt the section between Newcastle and Kibblesworth will be rather busy.

According to my fleet list the 1 uses 10 Omnicities and the 24 uses 3 Vykings which in total makes 13. So would it not then make sense to then split the PVR between Gateshead and Percy Main to cover dead mileage. Thus allowing some omnicities to go on the 50.

In past 2 weeks I have caught the following on the 1/24

5274 - Northern Omnicity on the 1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9225207204/
5254 - Cobalt Clipper Omnicity on the 1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9203131558/
5245 - Cobalt Connect on the 1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9162556760/
4947 - Highwayman on the 24
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9200349673/

And obviously there has been quite a few ELC Lolynes on the 1 aswell as previously reported by other members.

Here's another thought I have just had the 1 could be operated like the X1 was using half single deckers and half double deckers to cover the PVR and Increased Passenger Usage. Personally I think it'll use Northern Spares rather than have a rebrand.
Forgetting about the X1 or the 21 for now.

How many seats per hour are there currently between Harlow Green and Gateshead via Low Fell using the current PVR of Vykings?

How many will there be following the change between Harlow Green and Gateshead via Low Fell using the upcoming PVR using Omnicities?