You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion
(11 Jan 2015, 10:35 pm)gneasy91 wrote Think the 20 will need some deckers

Same but don't think it will be this year Sad.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion
(11 Jan 2015, 10:21 pm)gneasy91 wrote With the new 36 anyone agree with me town end farm to chester lee st bit strange cant see many ppl going 2 chester from town end never no might work

Took me about a minute to actually work out what this post was saying!

As Tom says, the local links are the backbone to this sort of service - take the likes of the Limes, Waggonways, Diamonds, etc.

*Chester-Le-Street - not 'chester lee st'...
Site Administrator
(11 Jan 2015, 10:24 pm)Tom wrote No it isn't strange.
It's the local links that will be improved. 

I guess it's a little strange in the sense that Town End Farm isn't really a major 'hub' or anything like that - it's very much like a Lothian-style service. One end of the route is connected to a 'hub' (Chester-le-Street), whilst other hubs are served on route, and the other terminus is somewhere a little less known.
Site Administrator
The Solo Hybrids have lost, or are in the process of losing, their Christmas in Sunderland advertisements.

Think that could additionally qualify as my "happy" post today...
Ex-Yourbus Volvo B9R/Caetano 7118: FJ60 KVP and 7119: FJ60 KVR have been transferred to Oxford Bus Company.
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
The Southdown Enthusiasts' Club report Brighton & Hove are to acquire 'four more 57-registered Mercedes-Benz articulated buses from Go North East', in 'early 2015'...
Brighton and Hove are considered to be one of the 'best' operators.
What do they 'know' about articulated buses?
(they already have 18 articulated buses).

London got rid of them, they were a disaster in Malta and now Go North East.
Will that be the 'end' of articulated buses for GNE?
Wonder if oxford bus have gained some national express contracts, and is the post re brighton & hove a sign that the orders for this year will commence soon?
(12 Jan 2015, 2:55 pm)nk55 wrote Wonder if oxford bus have gained some national express contracts, and is the post re brighton & hove a sign that the orders for this year will commence soon?

Yes they have - they have taken 2 similar 60 plates from Edwards also. Due to be used on service 737 (Oxford-Stansted Airport) which they have taken over from NX own ops (Start Hill depot).

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(12 Jan 2015, 3:19 pm)tyresmoke wrote Yes they have - they have taken 2 similar 60 plates from Edwards also. Due to be used on service 737 (Oxford-Stansted Airport) which they have taken over from NX own ops (Start Hill depot).

Thought stagecoach oxford had that run using plaxton elites.
Site Administrator
(12 Jan 2015, 2:55 pm)nk55 wrote Wonder if oxford bus have gained some national express contracts, and is the post re brighton & hove a sign that the orders for this year will commence soon?

citaro5284 has stated on the 'Order Predictions' thread that deliveries will commence from March.
(12 Jan 2015, 11:56 am)Darryl1976 wrote The Southdown Enthusiasts' Club report Brighton & Hove are to acquire 'four more 57-registered[Image: arrow-10x10.png] Mercedes-Benz articulated buses from Go North East', in 'early 2015'...

Obviously from the X66 - another layer of the X66 gaining an investment cake.
Site Administrator
Riverside's former "Blaydon Racers" branded Mercedes Citaro 0530N/Mercedes Citaro 5282 (NK07 KPT) has arrived at Saltmeadows for another coat of red as a freshen up repaint. Surprised it's being repainted during the Deptford-based repaints, but never mind!

Deptford's former "Silver Arrows" branded Mercedes Citaro 0530N/Mercedes Citaro 5325 (NK58 DWC) has now (finally) emerged from the paintshop in a fresh coat of gold paint, and was returned to Deptford earlier today. It has been allocated to "Laser" service 35A today.
(12 Jan 2015, 4:29 pm)Dan wrote Riverside's former "Blaydon Racers" branded Mercedes Citaro 0530N/Mercedes Citaro 5282 (NK07 KPT) has arrived at Saltmeadows for another coat of red as a freshen up repaint. Surprised it's being repainted during the Deptford-based repaints, but never mind!

Deptford's former "Silver Arrows" branded Mercedes Citaro 0530N/Mercedes Citaro 5325 (NK58 DWC) has now (finally) emerged from the paintshop in a fresh coat of gold paint, and was returned to Deptford earlier today. It has been allocated to "Laser" service 35A today.

Well...I just hope they can race 5282 in and out of the paint shop so not to corrupt the Deptford repaints! Wink
Site Administrator
(12 Jan 2015, 4:30 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Well...I just hope they can race 5282 in and out of the paint shop so not to corrupt the Deptford repaints! Wink

You try, don't you? Tongue 
(12 Jan 2015, 11:49 am)Racer_Experience wrote Ex-Yourbus Volvo B9R/Caetano 7118: FJ60 KVP and 7119: FJ60 KVR have been transferred to Oxford Bus Company.

It seems the recent Sunderland repaints has also being included this week, on the fleet allocation. 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Follwing discusstion on the Arriva thread, i paid close attention at the front of 3801 today looking for the clock and bloody hell, when i was told they were small i didnt realise they were THAT small. 3886 however doesnt have one but part of the structure of it is ther. It is just a case of putting the clock onto it.
Does anyone know how the DFDS seaway buses work?

Do u have to book them through DFDS seaways site?

NVM found the info... seems u can just turn up according to the DFDS seaways site.  
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(12 Jan 2015, 4:29 pm)Dan wrote Riverside's former "Blaydon Racers" branded Mercedes Citaro 0530N/Mercedes Citaro 5282 (NK07 KPT) has arrived at Saltmeadows for another coat of red as a freshen up repaint. Surprised it's being repainted during the Deptford-based repaints, but never mind!

[Image: 15645556783_ef0f440a8e.jpg]Go North East: 5325 / NK58DWC by danielgrahamm, on Flickr
(12 Jan 2015, 6:45 pm)Tom wrote Wonder where the remain four Citaros will go?
X84/X85?

I think 5 will remain, X84/X85 is possible with 1 acting as a spare, i would like to see them on the 61 though, I don't see them being repainted to orange as they've just being done and i can't see them changing the brand colour straight away. 

The 61 can get away with any brand tbh. 

Does anyone know the new allocations for the 2/2A/33/33A/38/39 and 61?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(12 Jan 2015, 6:50 pm)Michael wrote I think 5 will remain, X84/X85 is possible with 1 acting as a spare, i would[Image: arrow-10x10.png] like to see them on the 61 though, I don't see them being repainted to orange as they've just being done and i can't see them changing the brand colour straight away. 

Just look at 5326, it has just been repainted but it needs to be repainted again. I do agree though, for reasons regarding cost, i dont think they will be repainted. 
Finishing off with a question i see Tongue .I think it will become clearer. The 2/2A will probably get the Simplicity Versas (from 42 and 61) with the Citaros going the other way (onto service 61). Theoretically, its the only way it would work. As for the others, i cant be exactly be as certain as i think i am with the 2/2A and 61. I can have a guess though - 39 to keep its current allocation (thats as far as im going  Big Grin )
(12 Jan 2015, 6:50 pm)Michael wrote I think 5 will remain, X84/X85 is possible with 1 acting as a spare, i would like to see them on the 61 though, I don't see them being repainted to orange as they've just being done and i can't see them changing the brand colour straight away. 

I would imagine:

2/2A - Versa
33/33A/39 - Cadet
38 - Cadet 
61 - Citaro (never thought of that)
238 - Solo
Site Administrator
(12 Jan 2015, 6:54 pm)Robert wrote Just look at 5326, it has just been repainted but it needs to be repainted again. I do agree though, for reasons regarding cost, i dont think they will be repainted. 

I was wrong.

5326 has been VOR since repaint so I was unable to confirm, but I think it only actually went to Saltmeadows to repaint a few panels after accident damage. Out in service tonight on the 2A/2C in full "Silver Arrows" branding.
(12 Jan 2015, 6:54 pm)Robert wrote Just look at 5326, it has just been repainted but it needs to be repainted again. I do agree though, for reasons regarding cost, i dont think they will be repainted. 

Ye, with other repaints happening i don't think we will see any of the Silver citaro's repainted again (expect for 5326, 5327). 

Wonder how the Tynedalexpress brand would look on Silver? 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(12 Jan 2015, 6:58 pm)Michael wrote Ye, with other repaints happening i don't think we will see any of the Silver citaro's repainted again (expect for 5326, 5327). 

Wonder how the Tynedalexpress brand would look on Silver? 

Probably wouldn't look bad.
The Solars could possibly go onto the 61 providing free-Wifi like the 60.
(12 Jan 2015, 6:56 pm)Tom wrote I would imagine:

2/2A - Versa
33/33A/39 - Cadet
38 - Cadet 
61 - Citaro (never thought of that)
238 - Solo

I agree, i wouldn't think GNE would want to loose good buses on the 2/2A and i don't think the passengers will be either so Versa's are the best option. 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.