Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2013

RE: Go North East
(26 Jun 2013, 7:37 pm)nk55 wrote Re waggonway, I dont think the scanias would be painted up and then left on current route for 2 months, its more likely they'd go over sooner & speaking to cls supervisor it was anticipated vehicle moves were expected within 3 weeks. Take the highway scanias, they were painted up and operated from deptford for a few weeks before moving to gereshead, surely gne wont want to confuse Metrolink passengers by repainting the current fleet and then reintroduce tge metrolink branding on the citaros in 2 months time.

They did the same with Diamond Citaros also, I think they were a bit longer than 3 weeks though before they were branded and trasferred.
(26 Jun 2013, 8:57 pm)gtomlinson wrote What's this luxurious seating? Am I missing something?

The 55-plate Solars have high-back seating. The headrests have the same style as the seat unlike the red headrests on 'Angel' and 'Tyne Tees Express'.
Ah its something else (am I going over the top here?) your bot will love it, especially after subjecting it to the Waggonway all these years

The first time I got on one of these Scanias, I didnt notice it was one of the 'NK55 OL?' vehicles and presumed it was one of the normal Scanias. Sat down, got to Durham and didnt want to get off.
Just wish all of the seats were upgraded like these!
CatsFast101
Unregistered
Oh I'm hopeful about the OK Scainas on the X7! They would be good I think. The WTX Renowns could then go into northern and used to displace SPD on frontline service or could the Renowns go on the Lambton Worm? What's the PVR of the 34? I'm just not so sure Scainas are the best option. Lets not forgot there's a few spare Veras spare soon once StreetLites arrive, it's suggested that there could be 8 spare Versa's (3xDrifter,5xSimplicity) with the other drifters going onto 61 and the Saltwell parks onto the M2/M3. What's the PVR of the M2/M3? How about Scainas for the 39? It highly likely there's something planned for them.
Reporter
doubt renowns will go on to lambton worm they will most likely to go on to replace more SPD and head to Northern red Scanias will most likely go on it as it seems suitable enough DAFs are awful we nickname them "The Fire Fighters Fire" as they always catch fire dead easily now am a big fan of Scanias there nice ride comfy star standard and basically they work well in any condition i can see some go to Lime as soon as the Waggonway is branded am heading to Newcastle for photos or Chester-le-Street i think the OK Scanias will go on Wear Tees Express thus sending them W Reg Renowns to Northern Red would be sensible to put them on Lime 8/78/78A as they desperately need better vehicles as there too old now[/u]
Considering everyone is giving there opinion on what will go where, here is my opinion.

4 OK Expressway Scanias to Wear Tees Xpress - With one remaining in the OK Centenary Livery and moving to Chester le Street as a Spare for any service.

Wear Tees Xpress Renowns to Northern Spares replacing the SPD's

MetroLink Scanias to Waggonway/Lambton Worm, Can't really see GNE putting anything smaller on the 34/34A as does tend to get busy at peak times.

Simplicity Versas to Doxford Clipper with the Centenary Versa as the Northern Spare making a PVR of 6

Drifter Versas on 60 to Drifter 61

3x Spare Drifter Versas into Northern or Nexus Livery as there is no services with a PVR of 3, Unless that Airport Service rumour was true a few months back.

FAB56/PrinceBishops 54reg Scanias to Lime with the remaining 2001/2002 Batch off both routes going into Northern.

Washington Street Shuttle MPD's - A few possibilities on this one, Replacing the Older 00/01 Batch on North Tyne Links and East Durham or otherwise Northern Spares
(25 Jun 2013, 8:17 pm)BJ10VUS wrote
(25 Jun 2013, 7:37 pm)Daniel wrote Believe some Gateshead ones do. Actually heard it one time and refused to move from the centre doors because I heard the announcement play on the 24 one time. Stood there, waited, and the driver actually managed to press the button to open that door instead. Difficult task, it was. Despise how Deptford are completely unable to use these doors - don't get me started on the amount of e-mails I've sent about it.

I know they don't use the middle doors on the 57, or if they do, it's a very rare occurrence. But on the other hand, they do on the 58 - although, this is just usually at the 'main' stops like Heworth and Gateshead Interchange, Fewster Square and Newcastle Pilgrim/New Bridge Street.

To be honest, I don't think it's really all that safe to use the rear doors at some of the stops the 58 serves - for example, Felling Square (towards Heworth), although I've seen it happen a few times. Nothing against using them on the double-deckers or 'regular' single-deckers though.

I sent plently of emails too about centre and rear exits not being used - mainly on the citylink bendies. In rush hour especially when boarding/alighting was taking too long for a vehicle with two dedicated exits.
I think passengers were first put off trying to exit via the centre and middle when drivers wouldn't open them, so often people walk straight to the front.
I've noticed a few times passengers on the gateshead side (heworth to newcastle) seem a little more used to exiting properly compared to passengers on the newcastle side (hadrian park to newcastle).
I always exit via the centre or rear and recently haven't had any problems.
Someone mention a while ago that Trident 3858 was withdrawn due to engine problems.

I can safely say that 3858 is now back in service and sounds as good as ever when I travelled on it at 5am this morning on the 91 from Willington Square to Newcastle.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
legend
Unregistered
Good morning, I'm currently sitting on the 'you think you've gone blind because the vibrations are so intense' "fab fifty six" 5209... And we appear to be having some door issues... Oh deary me!!! When the doors close they spend (timed with my phone) 12.3s hissing before any movement occurs... The driver is opening them at the next stop and they haven't even shut from the last one... I might go round and take the engines out of them all one night... The driver pushing it himself would be a much comfier journey for me!!! Until those deckers arrive can GNE PLEEEAAAAASE find some way of giving me a comfier journey...
Site Administrator
(26 Jun 2013, 11:00 pm)GMitchelhill wrote Someone mention a while ago that Trident 3858 was withdrawn due to engine problems.

I can safely say that 3858 is now back in service and sounds as good as ever when I travelled on it at 5am this morning on the 91 from Willington Square to Newcastle.

She returned to service approximately three weeks ago now, and was meant to be playing a "back seat" role in active service for the first few weeks - working duplicate services etc.
Another bad day for the DAF SB220's on the Lambton Worm. 4862 towed away from Chester le Street Front Street (south end) on the back of a wrecker truck from Ian Bradley Truck and Bus Rescue. Replacement bus is 3869.
4866 taken out of service at Chester le Street Red Lion replacement bus is 3864.
Both noted at 09.25
(26 Jun 2013, 9:08 pm)Andreos1 wrote Ah its something else (am I going over the top here?) your bot will love it, especially after subjecting it to the Waggonway all these years

The first time I got on one of these Scanias, I didnt notice it was one of the 'NK55 OL?' vehicles and presumed it was one of the normal Scanias. Sat down, got to Durham and didnt want to get off.
Just wish all of the seats were upgraded like these!

I know they have them on the Versas, but only the seat infront of the stairs. I guess that's just to stop people getting kicked in the head? Tongue
CatsFast101
Unregistered
GNE confirm the end of the OK1..
The OK1 Expressway ends after service on Saturday 10 August

Date: 27 Jun 2013

After an 18 month trial the OK1 Expressway service will end after its final journey on Saturday 10 August 2013.

We'd like to thank everyone who has used the OK1 and we're sorry that we can no longer operate this service.

Beginning as an experimental Go North East service in January 2012, the OK1 aimed to provide a new bus link from St Helen Auckland and West Auckland to Darlington and a faster service from Crook and Bishop Auckland. The service was then extended in November 2012 non stop from Darlington to Middlesbrough to give a direct bus link from the Wear Valley area and to attract new users.
Unfortunately whilst passenger numbers grew initially numbers have remained low except for a few busy journeys and as such the service is just not sustainable to operate in the longer term.
Go North East will continue to innovate and look for new opportunities to pilot bus services such as the OK1.
(27 Jun 2013, 2:15 pm)Liam wrote Lolyne 3860 is now in service with luggage racks installed. 3880 is having luggage racks installed today.

Maybe that Airport service registration wasn't an April Fool?
(27 Jun 2013, 1:44 pm)CatsFast101 wrote GNE confirm the end of the OK1..
The OK1 Expressway ends after service on Saturday 10 August

Date: 27 Jun 2013

After an 18 month trial the OK1 Expressway service will end after its final journey on Saturday 10 August 2013.

We'd like to thank everyone who has used the OK1 and we're sorry that we can no longer operate this service.

Beginning as an experimental Go North East service in January 2012, the OK1 aimed to provide a new bus link from St Helen Auckland and West Auckland to Darlington and a faster service from Crook and Bishop Auckland. The service was then extended in November 2012 non stop from Darlington to Middlesbrough to give a direct bus link from the Wear Valley area and to attract new users.
Unfortunately whilst passenger numbers grew initially numbers have remained low except for a few busy journeys and as such the service is just not sustainable to operate in the longer term.
Go North East will continue to innovate and look for new opportunities to pilot bus services such as the OK1.

Saw the line about being 'experimental'. Guaranteed to be trotted out everytime a service is withdrawn. It has been going almost two years. How experimental do they need to be?

Re the Maroon/plum M1. Just seen it now and it isnt the same colour or shade as the existing Waggonway brand...
What that means, is anyone guess - but either the Waggonway is going to get a new colour scheme AND new vehicles OR the Scanias are going elsewhere.
Site Administrator
(27 Jun 2013, 3:26 pm)Andreos1 wrote Re the Maroon/plum M1. Just seen it now and it isnt the same colour or shade as the existing Waggonway brand...
What that means, is anyone guess - but either the Waggonway is going to get a new colour scheme AND new vehicles OR the Scanias are going elsewhere.

This plum colour is just a little bit lighter than the current "Wear Tees Xpress" brand.
I don't think that The Waggonway could have such a change in colour when the brand itself is fairly successful and it could be argued that it's relatively well known. Why change the colour greatly when you know that the livery works?

I'd put my money on the first Scania that has been done going elsewhere, rather than the Waggonway. If three others follow this plum colour, I'd say they were for the WTX!

Slightly different topic - "Sunderland Connect" SR Hybrid is back at Deptford, following a period of being VOR. One still remains off-road, so 628 is still seeing use.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
I thought that (RE colour) straight away but the consensus on here was that it's for the Waggonway. I was hoping the OK Scanias for the X7 now but anythings a plus! I mean we can't rule out that there for somewhere else under a new/reworked brand. I mean kingfisher-pulse/ pink angels-red angles-green angels/ cream drifter-green drifter, so anythings possible!
Surely if 4958 was painted for WTX then why does it not have the Gold "X" towards the rear then, Makes zero sense if you think about it. I'm sticking with it going on the Waggonway as that's what's been rumoured.
Site Administrator
(27 Jun 2013, 3:52 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Surely if 4958 was painted for WTX then why does it not have the Gold "X" towards the rear then, Makes zero sense if you think about it. I'm sticking with it going on the Waggonway as that's what's been rumoured.

The B10BLEs aren't ready to come off yet. Why would they complete a brand entirely?
Same reason why they haven't branded them for The Waggonway.

Base livery done, then the rest can follow.
How about Scania's to the TTX and B10's to the Waggonway thus ensuring Waggonway customers continue to get a consistent level of breakdowns and no-shows? Wink

Could 3880 be off to join the DFDS ranks?
Site Administrator
(27 Jun 2013, 4:10 pm)gtomlinson wrote How about Scania's to the TTX and B10's to the Waggonway thus ensuring Waggonway customers continue to get a consistent level of breakdowns and no-shows? Wink

They've had a hard enough time on the X7! Tongue
Deserve to go Northern!
(27 Jun 2013, 3:52 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Surely if 4958 was painted for WTX then why does it not have the Gold "X" towards the rear then, Makes zero sense if you think about it. I'm sticking with it going on the Waggonway as that's what's been rumoured.

The Gold 'X' on the WTX B10BLEs is a vinyl not paint unlike the one on the TTX B9TLs.
Site Administrator
(26 Jun 2013, 11:00 pm)GMitchelhill wrote Someone mention a while ago that Trident 3858 was withdrawn due to engine problems.

Not good enough, given that she broke down today in Jesmond! Wink

See photo by Wayne-Lord Hst-Valenta Routledge: [Image: 1011921_597582913605593_1950282013_n.jpg]
(27 Jun 2013, 5:39 pm)citaro5284 wrote The racks are getting put in as these vehicles will be operating the Metro Replacement work to the airport in August, this is been done at the requested of Nexus.

That makes sense. I'd forgotten about that. Thanks
Site Administrator
(27 Jun 2013, 11:07 pm)GMitchelhill wrote Possible reason that the shade of Maroon on 4958 isn't the same as the Waggonway is because the shadw of paint on the DAFs would have changed slightly over the years due to various weathering.

Difference is massive, otherwise I would have agreed.
If it had actually been a maroon-like colour rather than plum, it would have made sense that they were replicating what the original colour of the Waggonway branded vehicles was actually like - it obviously looks borderline brown on some vehicles now, and that wouldn't have been great.
(28 Jun 2013, 6:44 am)Daniel wrote
(27 Jun 2013, 11:07 pm)GMitchelhill wrote Possible reason that the shade of Maroon on 4958 isn't the same as the Waggonway is because the shadw of paint on the DAFs would have changed slightly over the years due to various weathering.

Difference is massive, otherwise I would have agreed.
If it had actually been a maroon-like colour rather than plum, it would have made sense that they were replicating what the original colour of the Waggonway branded vehicles was actually like - it obviously looks borderline brown on some vehicles now, and that wouldn't have been great.

Here's 4984 when freshly painted. I agree with Dan that its not the same colour. Wouldn't be the first time they've changed the colour though I guess!