You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion
What are the train times like with regard to this launch?

Potential to use one of the Northern deals, keeping another for a longer day out?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(14 Jan 2015, 8:16 pm)Andreos1 wrote What are the train times like with regard to this launch?

Potential to use one of the Northern deals, keeping another for a longer day out?
Train leaves Whitby at 1600 arr M'boro 1731,  next one is 1919 due M'boro 2047
(15 Jan 2015, 9:21 am)John_R wrote Not much of a story really, its only in the paper as it is outside the Echo's office.

If no one had been hurt the bus would have probably carried on with its journey and it wouldn't have been in the Northern Echo.

Pretty much the same thing happened in Stockton on the X66 on Tuesday which happened as a car tried to pull out of a junction when the X66 was coming up the road. No one was hurt although some shopping ended up on the floor.
"Nothing is louder than the next-stop announcements on Arriva services 1/5/5A."

Jimmi, come and give my new E400s a try...
(15 Jan 2015, 12:08 pm)ArrivaNE_7522 wrote "Nothing is louder than the next-stop announcements on Arriva services 1/5/5A."

Jimmi, come and give my new E400s a try...

I have and I stand by my statement.

I've been sat at the front upstairs on 14 reg Enviros on the X21/X22 and I've thought they weren't loud enough.
(15 Jan 2015, 12:21 pm)Jimmi wrote I have and I stand by my statement.

I've been sat at the front upstairs on 14 reg Enviros on the X21/X22 and I've thought they weren't loud enough.

On the first day of Sapphire X21/22 service (somehow on beloved 7522), I could barely here them. The last time I was on a new E400 it sounded like the announcements had been turned up a notch. Saying that I was under a speaker...
(14 Jan 2015, 10:19 pm)Coppercap40 wrote Train leaves Whitby at 1600 arr M'boro 1731,  next one is 1919 due M'boro 2047

An hour at the launch - 1630 -1730

Walk back down - 1730-1800
Fish and chips/warm up in cafe - 1800-1900, followed by a slow walk to the station.

Perfect!
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(15 Jan 2015, 5:34 pm)JoshP wrote When are the ex P&R Solo's and the MAX X1 Streetlites all due in Darlo?

I think two ex P&R Solos have arrived at Darlington depot but I don't think they've entered service yet.

Don't think I saw any 05/55 reg MPDs in Darlington this afternoon, think I only saw 1711, 1747, 1794 and 1799.

No idea about the MAX X1 Streetlites, although I hope they arrive soon.
(15 Jan 2015, 5:47 pm)Jimmi wrote I think two ex P&R Solos have arrived at Darlington depot but I don't think they've entered service yet.

Don't think I saw any 05/55 reg MPDs in Darlington this afternoon, think I only saw 1711, 1747, 1794 and 1799.

1760 was on 3/19
(15 Jan 2015, 5:47 pm)Jimmi wrote I think two ex P&R Solos have arrived at Darlington depot but I don't think they've entered service yet.

Most of the Park & Ride Solo's are now ready for use - though Jesmond are using two at present on the 115 shuttles again. 2854/55/58 were seen in Jesmond earlier today ready for use. Darlington look likely to keep some of their Darts now with Stockton sending 1769/71/72 to Blyth instead.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(15 Jan 2015, 6:24 pm)tyresmoke wrote Most of the Park & Ride Solo's are now ready for use - though Jesmond are using two at present on the 115 shuttles again. 2854/55/58 were seen in Jesmond earlier today ready for use. Darlington look likely to keep some of their Darts now with Stockton sending 1769/71/72 to Blyth instead.

Uh, bloody more Darts that I need to take pictures of now. I noticed 1636 was at Ashington, sitting spare a couple of days ago.
(15 Jan 2015, 6:24 pm)tyresmoke wrote Most of the Park & Ride Solo's are now ready for use - though Jesmond are using two at present on the 115 shuttles again. 2854/55/58 were seen in Jesmond earlier today ready for use. Darlington look likely to keep some of their Darts now with Stockton sending 1769/71/72 to Blyth instead.

Providing darlo get rid of the 13xx darts then all should be alright, prefer the MPDs so keep them 
(15 Jan 2015, 7:09 pm)Stuart Phin wrote Providing darlo get rid of the 13xx darts then all should be alright, prefer the MPDs so keep them 

I love MPD's im glad they're staying in Darlo! Big Grin hopefully the Solos will enter service soon too
Still be 2 MPDs leaving Darlington for Blyth - after all 1769/71/2 can't replace all of 1733/42/50/95/96 now can they Wink
(15 Jan 2015, 8:57 pm)JoshP wrote I love MPD's im glad they're staying in Darlo! Big Grin hopefully the Solos will enter service soon too

Still be 2 MPDs leaving Darlington for Blyth - after all 1769/71/2 can't replace all of 1733/42/50/95/96 now can they Wink 
(15 Jan 2015, 8:57 pm)JoshP wrote I love MPD's im glad they're staying in Darlo! Big Grin hopefully the Solos will enter service soon too

I am told 2 Solos have arrived at Darlington. The rest should be arriving soon I would guess!

In other news, I am told some of the X93 B9TLs were having their branding applied today Wink Won't be long now til we see them out on the road!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Someone doesn't share your love for Darlington's old MPDs.
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/feature...to_relics/
The 13's are there to stay, 1760/67 and 91 are still going, and the older 17's are there till there till their mechanics give in or their tests run out. 2852 and 60 are in the depot, seemingly all ready for service.
A lovely ride on Max spec 1443 on X2 duties this morning. Managed to secure the extra legroom emergency exit seat.

She doesn't seem to like hills mindt
(16 Jan 2015, 9:37 am)gtom wrote A lovely ride on Max spec 1443 on X2 duties this morning. Managed to secure the extra legroom emergency exit seat.

She doesn't seem to like hills mindt
Roughly what time, where and what direction? I'm not stalking you. Just fancy a photo Smile
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(16 Jan 2015, 10:01 am)aureolin wrote Roughly what time, where and what direction? I'm not stalking you. Just fancy a photo Smile

I caught the 9.20 out of Newcastle ES
(16 Jan 2015, 10:01 am)aureolin wrote Roughly what time, where and what direction? I'm not stalking you. Just fancy a photo Smile

Apologies for the delay. It was the ex 9.20 out of Eldon Square.

Bus was unbranded aside the dark green swoosh
(16 Jan 2015, 12:18 pm)gtom wrote Apologies for the delay. It was the ex 9.20 out of Eldon Square.

Bus was unbranded aside the dark green swoosh
Got him cheers Smile
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(17 Jan 2015, 3:31 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Not sure if it's been reported - but the two MAX Pulsars out on the X2 that I saw today were 1443 and 1416.

Both looked smashing.

I rode 1443 on the X2 yesterday and quite enjoyed the ride and looked smart inside, although will they receive the MAX interior branding like on the Darlington Omnicitys.

The new branding was causing some confusion though some people thinking it was a Go North East bus and tried to get on with key cards.