You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion V2.0
@Michael - barely had enough time to prepare it what with the forum being up and down and all over the place. We'll just have a bigger news update next week - nicely coincides with GNE's service changes, too.
Hopefully only a few of the repaints are left to be done for the changes.

Which buses are currently in the paint shop?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(18 Jan 2015, 4:36 pm)Dan wrote @Michael - barely had enough time to prepare it what with the forum being up and down and all over the place. We'll just have a bigger news update next week - nicely coincides with GNE's service changes, too.

Hopefully only a few of the repaints are left to be done for the changes.

Which buses are currently in the paint shop?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
There have been no changes to the fleet this week.

Just seen a yellow MPD NIS heading past the hospital towards the wavendon.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
@Michael - Must say I do think that Go North East perform very well indeed when it comes to bad weather updates on disruption to services.
Keeping up with the fleet list mistakes, 3825 is down as being at Riverside when its at Stanley - obviously off ages ago when there were rumours of it transferring over.
A branded President appeared to be having issues on a Bishop bound X21 this morning.

Was all blinded up, but had a fitter at the wheel and had pulled up before the stop at the Chester Moor.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(19 Jan 2015, 6:31 pm)danpick wrote Care to say more citaro5284.

I think he means the 'bendy' Solars on the X40?
think Danpick was more referring to what will replace them on X40 duties.
But isn't X40 merging into part of the QuayLink? Presumably using the Versas.
(19 Jan 2015, 6:43 pm)BJ10VUS wrote I think he means the 'bendy' Solars on the X40?

He does =) 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(19 Jan 2015, 6:43 pm)BJ10VUS wrote I think he means the 'bendy' Solars on the X40?

I think Danpick was more referring to what will replace them on X40 duties. 
But isn't X40 merging into part of the QuayLink? Presumably using the Versas. 
Hi,

Just seen the updated timetable for the 61, and it seems to be silver... Any ideas?

Aircraft flown on:

744, 77W, 772, E145, E190, E170, E175, E195, A319, A320, A320NEO, A321, A321NEO, A330-200, A330-300, A340-600 763, 752, 733, 737, 738, CRJ900, CRJ1000
Favourite aircraft: G-STBL/G-ZBKL

(19 Jan 2015, 8:25 pm)8222 wrote Hi,

Just seen the updated[Image: arrow-10x10.png] timetable for the 61, and it seems to be silver... Any ideas?

Its because the Silver Arrows mercs are going to be allocated to service 61 from 25th January.
There was a 'Diamond' branded Citaro going through the process of expiring as I was passing the bus station roundabout at Stanley approx 40 minutes ago. I don't know whether the driver got it going again but it was in a very awkward place.
For the record, i posted that post like 1 minute after the original post but has just came up in the past 6 minutes. Just shows what quoting posts do to the speed (comparing to toms post).
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015
5216 on a 20 up Houghton Cut earlier...

An old man got out and walked (and won) and the driver was doing his best ever Fred Flinstone impression.

No idea what was up, but it was more or less at a standstill.
I have seen Vykings climb up there quicker! No power whatsoever.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Site Administrator
Ahead of the service changes this Sunday, two buses from Deptford have been sent to Saltmeadows for repaint over the last two days. These include:
- former "Laser" branded Scania L94UB/Wright Solar 4972 (NK53 UNY)
- former "Silver Arrows" branded Mercedes Citaro 0530N/Mercedes Citaro 5327 (NK58 DWE)

The repainting of 5327 marks the final Mercedes Citaro to be repainted for the new 35/36 services, which should hopefully mean that next week there will be a full Merc allocation. There are still four Scania L94s outstanding which need to be repainted (4968, 4970, 4971 and a red example); whilst one may be repainted this week when one of the above returns, the remaining three will have to be repainted next week, meaning that the revised 20/20A services will have a number of corporate liveried vehicles allocated before normal VORs are taken into consideration.

In other news, Washington's DAF SB120/Wright Cadet 8247 (NA52 BVD) is currently on loan to Chester-le-Street Depot.
(20 Jan 2015, 4:58 pm)Dan wrote Ahead of the service changes this Sunday, two buses from Deptford have been sent to Saltmeadows for repaint over the last two days. These include:
- former "Laser" branded Scania L94UB/Wright Solar 4972 (NK53 UNY)
- former "Silver Arrows" branded Mercedes Citaro 0530N/Mercedes Citaro 5327 (NK58 DWE)

The repainting of 5327 marks the final Mercedes Citaro to be repainted for the new 35/36 services, which should hopefully mean that next week there will be a full Merc allocation. There are still four Scania L94s outstanding which need to be repainted (4968, 4970, 4971 and a red example); whilst one may be repainted this week when one of the above returns, the remaining three will have to be repainted next week, meaning that the revised 20/20A services will have a number of corporate liveried vehicles allocated before normal VORs are taken into consideration.

In other news, Washington's DAF SB120/Wright Cadet 8247 (NA52 BVD) is currently on loan to Chester-le-Street Depot.

Cheers for the update Dan.

Does anyone know when the 35/35A/36's timetable will be updated to the decent style? (the same style as the new 2/2A)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.