You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015
Ye i would go for the OK Way, 2 PVR.

2 versa's only for the Toonlink, probables not.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(20 Jan 2015, 11:13 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote @Adam - could loosen up 571 and 572 for other duties...but does the 18 justify the increased capacity of a Versa, or does it just make do sufficiently with the MPD size?

From what I've seen the OK Way 18 doesn't justify anything bigger than an MPD.

Can't think of many other ideas where they could go. X66, revised Quaylink.
Quaylink isnt changing till July.

Maybe the X66, along with 2 other red buses.

What else has a PVR.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(20 Jan 2015, 11:21 pm)Michael wrote Quaylink isnt changing till July.

True, could possibly see temporary use on the X66 and I think the X40 Solar Fusions are due to be withdrawn very soon so they may be temporally used on the X40? I don't even know what I'm typing now.
Could be any of them.. maybe they might head to Stanley

What else has a 2 PVR?.

Editing posts is taking a while.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jimmi, i didn't even think of those 2 services, although thry could be the same as the 18, may not justify a versa... but hopefully they do go 27X and S1.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(20 Jan 2015, 11:37 pm)Michael wrote Jimmi, i didn't even think of those 2 services, although thry could be the same as the 18, may not justify a versa... but hopefully they do go 27X and S1.

Well the S1 uses a Merit (awful bus!) so it maybe could justify a Versa (I don't see it that often so I can't give much on how many passengers it carries.) Don't know about the 27X either.

Doubt that it will be either of these two, somehow I think this will just be me making an educated guess.
I'd go with the one or two services whats being said..

S1,18, 27X, or to used on the X40 and X66 for temp with other go north east buses.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
Well we know the two purple Versas won't be used on the X66, given that citaro5284 has previously said that the articulated Mercedes Citaros are to be (temporarily) replaced by four corporate liveried vehicles in the existing fleet...

The S1 service is not commercially operated. It is ran under contract to intu, and as 8266 (along with 8261 - 8265) has recently been fitted with Euro 5 Eminox modifications, there would be no difference (other than a few seats) between allocating 8266 and a Versa, so I can't really see why they'd upgrade the S1?
(21 Jan 2015, 7:35 am)Dan wrote Well we know the two purple Versas won't be used on the X66, given that citaro5284 has previously said that the articulated Mercedes Citaros are to be (temporarily) replaced by four corporate liveried vehicles in the existing fleet...

The S1 service is not commercially operated. It is ran under contract to intu, and as 8266 (along with 8261 - 8265) has recently been fitted with Euro 5 Eminox modifications, there would be no difference (other than a few seats) between allocating 8266 and a Versa, so I can't really see why they'd upgrade the S1?

I'll go for the 18 then, they aren't staying at Deptford, Ciatro said that or unless their replacing older buses under a certain brands... i would like to see them on the 18. 

I didn't even know that 8266 was giving a Eminox modification. 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
From 1st February, Npower will be closing their Russell Foster site due to low usage. This will free the cadet assigned to the service
(21 Jan 2015, 9:44 am)JP6004 wrote From 1st February, Npower will be closing their Russell Foster site due to low usage. This will free the cadet assigned to the service

Thanks for the info, wasn't it expecting it to close to quick, hasn't it just opened?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(21 Jan 2015, 9:48 am)Michael wrote Thanks for the info, wasn't it expecting it to close to quick, hasn't it just opened?

Yea not that long ago. However due not a lot of people were using it and just used chilton instead. Also I believe that planning to extend current car park on site is going through and shoukd be approved shortly. With this extra space on site. It may also lead to chilton being closed sometime in the summer freeing up the remaining cadet 
Go North East
3 mins ·
Due to an incident at Blackhall Rocks, service ‪#‎X35‬ is diverting via Castle Eden and A19 in both directions.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(20 Jan 2015, 6:21 pm)Malarkey wrote im in Sunderland tomorrow morning so ill have a butchers unless I forget.
Timetables which are on the shelf in PL Travel Office are:

2/2A
20/20A
33/33A
38/38C/238

No sign yet of 35/35A/36 Timetable unless they on board the Laser Vehicles.
(21 Jan 2015, 12:11 pm)Malarkey wrote Timetables which are on the shelf in PL Travel Office are:

2/2A
20/20A
33/33A
38/38C/238

No sign yet of 35/35A/36 Timetable unless they on board the Laser Vehicles.

I'll have to pop down tomorrow to pick then up, thanks Big Grin
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Cant see the 18 getting versas, my guess is 67/69 and 2x T reg B10s withdrawn.
Maybe Go North East are planning a new brand for Sunderland based on the colour of the vehicles such as Sunderland Gold, Sunderland Silver and Sunderland Purple or maybe Simply Gold, Simply Silver and Simply Purple uniting the 3 services. I never did understand the point of Simply City it seems to have been passed around from service to service so I think that perhaps it needs to be replaced and the focus on the cross city links that are now provided. Its a great shame that SilverArrows is going as is the Laser both very good brands. I feel that there needs to be something specific to Sunderland for these services like the Black Cats or Doxford Clipper before it. Both very good brands I can't understand why they were got rid of.

It's also disappointing and great disorginastion that when the services are launched non will have received any branding.
Just noticed 8329 has had its simplicity vinyls stripped off. Thought it was staying for services 2 and 2a from sunday
If anyone's after the X66 bendies, all 4 are out in service today. As for the X40, only 4951 is out.
(21 Jan 2015, 2:58 pm)Acky81 wrote Just noticed 8329 has had its simplicity vinyls stripped off. Thought it was staying for services 2 and 2a from sunday

Yes, It was reported yesterday, Citaro said it was heading out of Deptford, along with one more, he didn't say where to though.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(16 Jan 2015, 4:47 pm)Dan wrote Riverside's former "Crusader" branded Mercedes Citaro 0530N/Mercedes Citaro 5332 (BJ10 VUS) arrived at Saltmeadows this morning for repaint. The vehicle will be repainted into Go North East's corporate livery - very much like Percy Main's 562 - due to the PVR decrease of service 27 later this month.

5326 should be back at Deptford now, and will most likely be out in service tomorrow.

5332 is now back at Riverside - reportedly on 49s this afternoon.
(21 Jan 2015, 4:31 pm)Dan wrote 5332 is now back at Riverside - reportedly on 49s this afternoon.
And is fully Branded for the Blaydon Racers.
Site Administrator
(21 Jan 2015, 4:34 pm)Malarkey wrote And is fully Branded for the Blaydon Racers.

Did you get a photo of that?
(21 Jan 2015, 4:38 pm)Dan wrote Did you get a photo of that?
Nope as I was on the 54 heading into Newcastle, will try and get one tomorrow though.
Site Administrator
(21 Jan 2015, 4:40 pm)Malarkey wrote Nope as I was on the 54 heading into Newcastle, will try and get one tomorrow though.

Is it possible that you mistook 5332 for 5331?

Seems mightily odd that Go North East would remove what would have otherwise been a branded spare vehicle for the 27, repaint it, and make it become a branded spare for the 49 (which has a lower PVR). Especially when GNE are moving away from branded spare vehicles!

This of course assuming an older Mercedes (one of the last ones which haven't yet been repainted - 5282/83?) isn't going to become the corporate liveried spare instead...
(21 Jan 2015, 4:53 pm)danpick wrote The Versa could go to the 88/A as it requires an extra Versa as the Solar isn't required anymore.

Then where would the other versa go? the fact that 2 are being debranded suggests that they will both go somewhere together. To me it does, it might not to you and others.