You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Site Administrator
RE: School
Computer Science isn't offered at my school (presumably because the resources aren't there to do so), but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be allowed.
(19 Jan 2015, 5:37 pm)Tom wrote @Dan

We are allowed to pick four subjects in total, but one of them has to be a Humanity and another a language (French or German).

We are then allowed to pick two others ones, either Business Com System, Business Studies, ICT or Computer Science. I'm not sure what exactly Computer Science is though.

Computer Science is an engineering subject, whereas ICT is more business systems. So it'll be heavily based around coding, and you'll probably have to write an app or something as part of your coursework. Lots of fun if you're good at maths, and patient enough to be a coder!
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Marxista Fozzski
(19 Jan 2015, 8:51 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Yeah, I remember my BCG injection. That hurt as well.
My BCG hurt as well, I hated needles after that, so naturally, hating needles, I decided to get a few tattoos...The scar it left was awful as I picked it all the time...I ended getting a tattoo over the scar on my arm
School
@Tom - didn't even feel them. Painless in fact. The nurses were very nice and quite chatty too, lol.

However, as soon as I went back to class, I started to feel a bit of pain in my arms, and it worsened throughout the day. Horrible pains in my arms, but nothing major.

Presuming you're getting the same ones, you'll have Polio, Tetanus and Diphtheria in your left arm and Meningitis C in your right.

The Polio, Tetanus and Diphtheria absolutely knacks.
(21 Jan 2015, 6:34 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote @Tom - didn't even feel them. Painless in fact. The nurses were very nice and quite chatty too, lol.

However, as soon as I went back to class, I started to feel a bit of pain in my arms, and it worsened throughout the day. Horrible pains in my arms, but nothing major.

Presuming you're getting the same ones, you'll have Polio, Tetanus and Diphtheria in your left arm and Meningitis C in your right.

The Polio, Tetanus and Diphtheria absolutely knacks.

Cheers Smile
Marxista Fozzski
School
Question for the schoolies here...

At what age is Sex Ed taught these days, I only ask as I was talking about it with someone the day vividly remember being taught sex ed...

My teacher would 'If your going to laugh, sit at the back and dont let me catch you' me and my mate were very childish about it, I will neved forget my mate saying to our biology teacher that he wanted to be a plumber, so he could 'get any woman he wanted' when asked where he got that idea, he said 'From one of dads videos', I am still very childish today about all things sexual and the thought of my teacher putting a Jonny on a banana or broom handle kills me Big Grin

Rather random I know, just thought I would ask Big Grin
School
(23 Jan 2015, 10:58 pm)MrFozz wrote Question for the schoolies here...

At what age is Sex Ed taught these days, I only ask as I was talking about it with someone the day vividly remember being taught sex ed...

My teacher would 'If your going to laugh, sit at the back and dont let me catch you' me and my mate were very childish about it, I will neved forget my mate saying to our biology teacher that he wanted to be a plumber, so he could 'get any woman he wanted' when asked where he got that idea, he said 'From one of dads videos', I am still very childish today about all things sexual and the thought of my teacher putting a Jonny on a banana or broom handle kills me Big Grin

We get don't it at all. Not on my timetable in any lesson - any mild references are in Biology; and we haven't even mentioned sexual activity since Year 7.

I do remember my science teacher at the time explaining to me that they call it '69' because a 6 is an upside down 9 and a 9 is an upside down 6, etc. Tongue
Marxista Fozzski
(23 Jan 2015, 11:01 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote We get don't it at all. Not on my timetable in any lesson - any mild references are in Biology; and we haven't even mentioned sexual activity since Year 7.

I do remember my science teacher at the time explaining to me that they call it '69' because a 6 is an upside down 9 and a 9 is an upside down 6, etc. Tongue

69 is my favourite number, whenever I got a football shirt, more often than not I would get 69 printed on it Big Grin

JJB eventually stopped printing 69 on shirts as it was deemed rude and inappropriate, despite me once arguing I wanted it just in case 68 players got injured, then I would be next in line Big Grin
School
(23 Jan 2015, 11:07 pm)MrFozz wrote 69 is my favourite number, whenever I got a football shirt, more often than not I would get 69 printed on it Big Grin

JJB eventually stopped printing 69 on shirts as it was deemed rude and inappropriate, despite me once arguing I wanted it just in case 68 players got injured, then I would be next in line Big Grin

Yeah I can never keep a straight face when in maths when the answer is 69.

Normally my epic maths teacher (the jokester I've mentioned before) makes a huge deal of it...we've got two lads at the front (other end of the class to me, I'm next to the door they're at the window) and they always mess around. Not touchy touchy feely feely, just a bit of 'hands on banter'...queers...anyway - she normally looks at them because she's convinced they're gay or something. Tongue Tongue
Year 7 when i did mine, i remember when the teacher got a dildo out so she could put the condom on lmao.

Whole class couldn't stop laughing.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(23 Jan 2015, 10:58 pm)MrFozz wrote Question for the schoolies here...

A broom handle! Gosh times have changed although my school didn't give us pretty much any info on sex apart from the basics, my school seemed to focus more on puberty.

When I went to college we had to put them on a plastic knob as part of our PSHE lessons, pretty pointless lesson really in general as I don't think anyone in that room was a virgin, some even have kids (they were a bit older).
(23 Jan 2015, 11:11 pm)Andreos1 wrote The eldest got it last year, in yr7.

Homework was interesting that term!p

I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face, if my child ever got homework about sex haha

Was one of the questions...Little Jonny feels hes penis getting harder, what does this mean? 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(23 Jan 2015, 11:15 pm)Michael wrote I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face, if my child ever got homework about sex haha

Was one of the questions...Little Jonny feels hes penis getting harder, what does this mean? 

He was needing to know how internal and external fertilisation worked.

Very awkward!
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Marxista Fozzski
School
One of my favourite things about sex ed, I went with a kid I know to a sexual health service when he was 14/15, I was 21/22, he wanted me to come for moral support as he was embarrased, he signed up with them and got his free jonnies every now and again, the sexual health had to demonstrate on a banana how to put it in...Well, that was the limit for me, he was listening carefully, even though he already knew about it, I ended up having to pull my cap down and jacket up over my mouth, I laughed that much I walked out the place crying Big Grin
(23 Jan 2015, 11:20 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Even I don't know what that is...

Let's hope you find out before you lose your V plates.

Could be little Marcuses running about all over! Will be too late then.

Can't believe the school haven't taught that mind.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
School
(23 Jan 2015, 11:20 pm)MrFozz wrote One of my favourite things about sex ed, I went with a kid I know to a sexual health service when he was 14/15, I was 21/22, he wanted me to come for moral support as he was embarrased, he signed up with them and got his free jonnies every now and again, the sexual health had to demonstrate on a banana how to put it in...Well, that was the limit for me, he was listening carefully, even though he already knew about it, I ended up having to pull my cap down and jacket up over my mouth, I laughed that much I walked out the place crying Big Grin

I think you've mentioned this before...did the woman say something like 'when your willy gets hard' and you ran out in tears? Tongue