You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015
(25 Jan 2015, 11:02 am)Dan wrote The revised weekday allocations at Deptford Depot are given on this news article.

Similarly, the transfers and withdrawals as a result of the service changes which are operational from today are given in this news article. These movements are all now complete - a number of vehicles moved yesterday, and the remainder were done this morning.

The transfer of a Nexus contract from Washington to Deptford sees the transfer of DAF SB120 8260 to Deptford, for use on services 33/33A and 39, with the contracted service being operated by a single decker instead. - what is the contracted service again, totally forgot! =0
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(25 Jan 2015, 11:05 am)Michael wrote The transfer of a Nexus contract from Washington to Deptford sees the transfer of DAF SB120 8260 to Deptford, for use on services 33/33A and 39, with the contracted service being operated by a single decker instead. - what is the contracted service again, totally forgot! =0

It's just a workers service secured by Nexus - nothing interesting!
(25 Jan 2015, 11:05 am)Dan wrote It's just a workers service secured by Nexus - nothing interesting!

Will the 38C continue to use the NEXUS Solo Sr's and the 135/136 using Simplicity Versa's on an evening and Sundays?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(25 Jan 2015, 11:31 am)Michael wrote Will the 38C continue to use the NEXUS Solo Sr's and the 135/136 using Simplicity Versa's on an evening and Sundays?

At present, services 38C and 135/136 all operate with purple Versas on evenings. On Sundays, service 38C continues to operate with a purple Versa, while services 135/136 operate with the Solos.

The evening ones off the 135/136 run off 42s, so I can't imagine that this will change. Depending on what the 38C runs off, it may stay the same or it may change to a Solo instead.
(25 Jan 2015, 11:35 am)Dan wrote At present, services 38C and 135/136 all operate with purple Versas on evenings. On Sundays, service 38C continues to operate with a purple Versa, while services 135/136 operate with the Solos.

The evening ones off the 135/136 run off 42s, so I can't imagine that this will change. Depending on what the 38C runs off, it may stay the same or it may change to a Solo instead.

Thanks, =)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Where are the green Renowns kept these days?
Are they all at Chester or still split?

I have seen two (may have been the same one - couldn't make out reg or id), one yesterday and one earlier this morning.

Puts GCT and Compass to shame!
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(25 Jan 2015, 12:43 pm)Andreos1 wrote Where are the green Renowns kept these days?

I have seen two (may have been the same one - couldn't make out reg or id), one yesterday and one earlier this morning.

4853/54/55 are all still holding out at Chester.

4850/51/52 are all dead.
Site Administrator
(25 Jan 2015, 12:43 pm)Andreos1 wrote Where are the green Renowns kept these days?

4854 wasn't even remotely dirty yesterday.

CCTs 08-reg Solo on the other hand.. Punters could have easily mistaken it for a Fast Cat!
(25 Jan 2015, 12:48 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Poor 4852!!!

When it gets sold to Alpha you can go up and watch it get crushed, even film it for the record.
Currently on 5303 on the 35A - passengers seem to be confused as to where it is going, with people letting it go, or asking where it is going.
(25 Jan 2015, 12:44 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote 4853/54/55 are all still holding out at Chester.

4850/51/52 are all dead.

Someone may need to check out the wash.
It certainly hasn't been cold enough for it to freeze and those two are going around breaking DDA (can't make out rear blind) and Road Traffic Act/Highway Code rules (can't make out reg plates).

The one yesterday afternoon, was on the 8. No way could that muck have built up in a day.
The 78 this morning, couldn't have accumulated that amount of muck this morning.
Just incase someone is wondering how I could tell which route they were on, they were spotted at Picktree and near the Riverside.
(25 Jan 2015, 12:52 pm)Andreos1 wrote Someone may need to check out the wash.
It certainly hasn't been cold enough for it to freeze and those two are going around breaking DDA (can't make out rear blind) and Road Traffic Act/Highway Code rules (can't make out reg plates).

The one yesterday afternoon, was on the 8. No way could that muck have built up in a day.
The 78 this morning, couldn't have accumulated that amount of muck this morning.
Just incase someone is wondering how I could tell which route they were on, they were spotted at Picktree and near the Riverside.

I see you entered Marcus Territory...
(25 Jan 2015, 12:51 pm)Tom wrote Currently on 5303 on the 35A - passengers seem to be confused as to where it is going, with people letting it go, or asking where it is going.

Oh dear! 

It will be same for the next week or so...
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(25 Jan 2015, 12:53 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote I see you entered Marcus Territory...

Just driving by... Get the buckets ready, fill them from the Wear and chuck them at the 78 as they go past
Could be doing the company a massive favour! Wink
Site Administrator
(25 Jan 2015, 12:54 pm)Michael wrote Oh dear! 

It will be same for the next week or so...
Yep - happens every single time there ars service changes, as some customers don't bother reading leaflets on-board buses detailing changes or go on the website.

5303 is still Laser branded - think it replaced 5302 about 15 min ago at Southwick.
(25 Jan 2015, 12:55 pm)Andreos1 wrote Just driving by... Get the buckets ready, fill them from the Wear and chuck them at the 78 as they go past
Could be doing the company a massive favour! Wink

Providing you did not enter the housing estate, your in the clear.

The residents association have armed guards on the entrance to the estate - if you came any closer they would have had no option but to open fire.

We wouldn't want that. Tongue

Chances are one of them is getting washed today though, as the PVR of Chester's runs on the Lime on a Sunday is only the one. Smile
(25 Jan 2015, 12:57 pm)Dan wrote Yep - happens every single time there ars service changes, as some customers don't bother reading leaflets on-board buses detailing changes or go on the website.

5303 is still Laser branded - think it replaced 5302 about 15 min ago at Southwick.

It didn't - it was the 1205ish from Heworth.
Site Administrator
4945 is not yet branded Prince Bishops - currently heading towards South Shields on Newcastle Rd.

5305 still branded Laser - just crossed the Wearmouth Bridge heading towards Heworth on a 35A.
(25 Jan 2015, 12:57 pm)Dan wrote Yep - happens every single time there ars service changes, as some customers don't bother reading leaflets on-board buses detailing changes or go on the website.

The Citaro's aren't out on the 35A, although some still need de-branding so that's probables why. 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Sorry to ask but can someone tell me what minutes past the hour the 2/2A will be in Sunderland and whereabouts (preferably nearest stop to Park Lane) I forgot to check this last night and downloading the timetable would just eat all my data.
(25 Jan 2015, 12:58 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Providing you did not enter the housing estate, your in the clear.

The residents association have armed guards on the entrance to the estate - if you came any closer they would have had no option but to open fire.

Chances are one of them is getting washed today though, as the PVR of Chester's runs on the Lime on a Sunday is only the one. Smile

You would hope so. Or at least send it to the petrol station next door.

Speaking of which, does anyone know why the land and trees have been cleared between the depot and the petrol station?

Ah Marcus man, been in that estate before - got out alive too. Can remember them being built. A few Newcastle players lived there in the mid 90's. Shaka Hislop was one (google him, you might be impressed!). 
(25 Jan 2015, 1:01 pm)Jimmi wrote Sorry to ask but can someone tell me what minutes past the hour the 2/2A will be in Sunderland and whereabouts (preferably nearest stop to Park Lane) I forgot to check this last night and downloading the timetable would just eat all my data.

Sunderland Holmeside towards Washington - due at 24 (2) 44 (2A) 04 (2) past the hour. 

Sunderland Vine Place towards Silksworth - 55 (2A) 15 (2) 35 (2).

Couple of the other stops will be few minutes after, these are just 2 of the main stops in the city centre. 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(25 Jan 2015, 1:06 pm)Michael wrote Sunderland Holmeside towards Washington - due at 24 (2) 44 (2A) 04 (2) past the hour. 

Sunderland Vine Place towards Silksworth - 55 (2A) 15 (2) 35 (2).

Couple of the other stops will be few minutes after, these are just 2 of the main stops in the city centre. 

Okay thanks. Where exactly are these locations my knowledge of Sunderland isn't great. Try and give me examples of things nearby if possible.
(25 Jan 2015, 12:58 pm)Territorial Marcus wrote Providing you did not enter the housing estate, your in the clear.

Oh god, not another People's Republic... Tongue
(25 Jan 2015, 1:10 pm)Jimmi wrote Okay thanks. Where exactly are these locations my knowledge of Sunderland isn't great. Try and give me examples of things nearby if possible.

From Park lane bus station, walk out the big area where greggs is, you'll see a pub called... Port of Call and a chicken shop called Kings, walk past them and its the long road with Subway, Mecca bingo on - That's Homeside.

Your better of going to Fawcett St than Vine place, although both the same road, Vine Place is next to Debenhams car park, to get to Fawcett street from Holmeside, walk all the way down it, until you see the winter gardens or The William Jamenson pub, its that long road with Wilkinson's the 2/2A will stop at the first stop on that road. 

I hope it helps, i'm shit at giving directions out! haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(25 Jan 2015, 1:19 pm)Michael wrote From Park lane bus station, walk out the big area where greggs is, you'll see a pub called... Port of Call and a chicken shop called Kings, walk past them and its the long road with Subway, Mecca bingo on - That's Homeside.

Your better of going to Fawcett St than Vine place, from Holmeside, walk all the way down it, until you see the winter gardens or The William Jamenson pub, its that long road with Wilkinson's the 2/2A will stop at the first stop on that road. 

I hope it helps, i'm shit at giving directions out! haha

Yeah I think I got that thanks.
(25 Jan 2015, 1:21 pm)Jimmi wrote Yeah I think I got that thanks.

I'll upload a map for you, the red lines is where u can go for the locations leaving Park Lane, others may add better locations, as i never go out to take pictures. 

Stockton road might be decent for shots, that's the road where the 60/61 enter Park Lane.  
.png map.png
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Very rarely see photos from Chester Road by the uni or Durham Road by the metro station.

Could have the sun behind you at this time of day for vehicles leaving Sunderland.