You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015
(27 Jan 2015, 6:32 pm)Racer_Experience wrote I wasn't in South Shields today however I was Yesterday getting photos of 20/20A plus others around me including a rather knackered blind on 27

As his post was at 01:07 this morning, he was probably on about yesterday.
(27 Jan 2015, 6:35 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote I got the run that arrived in CLS at 16:13 from my nearest stop - when I boarded there were 3 others on, and when it terminated I was the only one.

But, that corridor isn't really busy around that time - so hardly a major issue.

It looked packed in the early mornings, and the 15:43 from CLS back to Town End Farm had standees...possibly just due to the school kids.

I imagine the runs that get into CLS at 09:43, 10:13, 10:43, 11:13 and 11:43 will all be relatively well used, unsure about heading back to Town End Farm...

Saw the one leaving Houghton at about 1650 with a decent load. It was in front of the 4, which didn't have too many on. Guessing it had picked up a few locals on top of any (?) through passengers.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(27 Jan 2015, 8:02 pm)Andreos1 wrote Saw the one leaving Houghton at about 1650 with a decent load. It was in front of the 4, which didn't have too many on. Guessing it had picked up a few locals on top of any (?) through passengers.

Yes, I imagine things will stay the same on the Chester-Houghton stretch like we had with the 71.

People from Houghton will travel to Fencehouses and vice-versa - not many will travel from there to Chester (at least not in my experience anyway!) and then a bunch will get on at Lumley, Chester-bound, and the other way around. Smile
(27 Jan 2015, 8:05 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Yes, I imagine things will stay the same on the Chester-Houghton stretch like we had with the 71.

People from Houghton will travel to Fencehouses and vice-versa - not many will travel from there to Chester (at least not in my experience anyway!) and then a bunch will get on at Lumley, Chester-bound, and the other way around. Smile

Agreed.
Curious to see if the patterns of old are repeated, with passengers using Houghton as a point to jump on/off a quicker 20 - or, if they stick with the 36.
The majority from anywhere west of Woodstone Village, will stick with the 78 I imagine.
(27 Jan 2015, 8:18 pm)Andreos1 wrote Agreed.
Curious to see if the patterns of old are repeated, with passengers using Houghton as a point to jump on/off a quicker 20 - or, if they stick with the 36.
The majority from anywhere west of Woodstone Village, will stick with the 78 I imagine.

The 78's loadings into Chester have always been heavier due it covering a bigger distance.

A lot of kids at school were seeing the novelty in 'this new 36' - most had never been on a Merc before! Tongue...although they had been on Bendy's on the X66 haha, best not tell them the truth and let GNE take in a bunch of 90ps. Big Grin

Yes, those from Bournmoor, etc will stick with the 78 rather than walking a greater distance for the 36.
Just had a 'what if?' moment...

What if the artic 21 trial was successful and GNE pushed ahead with the Wright Solar bendis on the Angel?!
Site Administrator
(27 Jan 2015, 9:50 pm)gtom wrote Just had a 'what if?' moment...

What if the artic 21 trial was successful and GNE pushed ahead with the Wright Solar bendis on the Angel?!

I dread to think what congestion in Birtley would have been like.
(27 Jan 2015, 9:50 pm)gtom wrote Just had a 'what if?' moment...

Well it would have to be removed from Durham / Eldon Square Bus Stations as they'd be too long for the stands.
(27 Jan 2015, 9:55 pm)Dan wrote I dread to think what congestion in Birtley would have been like.

Can you imagine the majesty of 3 late running Angels through Durham Road...the length of that tailback!!

They'd have had to adapt all of the bus shelters as they sort of did with the Vykings
Where is 6084 today and do you have the times for it?
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
Will GNE ever release a 2nd magazine, with info etc in, i can't even remember what the first one was called, it was that long ago.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(28 Jan 2015, 10:27 am)Racer_Experience wrote Where is 6084 today and do you have the times for it?

I've just went looking for it but had no luck
(28 Jan 2015, 10:27 am)Racer_Experience wrote Where is 6084 today and do you have the times for it?

Last time I noticed 6084 was in Heworth around 12:20 as it was heading towards Middlesbrough.
(28 Jan 2015, 1:50 pm)Davie wrote I've just went looking for it but had no luck

(28 Jan 2015, 4:35 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote Last time I noticed 6084 was in Heworth around 12:20 as it was heading towards Middlesbrough.

i found it photos are still being edited as we speak
Owner of Bella the Cat

Site Administrator
(27 Jan 2015, 6:18 pm)Dan wrote Former "Laser" branded Scania L94UB/Wright Solar 4971 (NK53 UNX) has now arrived at Saltmeadows for repaint into "Prince Bishops" purple, leaving just two to go to be repainted in purple (4970 and a red example.)

This vehicle has now returned to Deptford, with 4970 taking its place at Saltmeadows for repaint.
(28 Jan 2015, 6:05 pm)Dan wrote This vehicle has now returned to Deptford, with 4970 taking its place at Saltmeadows for repaint.

That was quick 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(28 Jan 2015, 6:06 pm)Michael wrote That was quick 
4971 arrived at SMR over the weekend - I only got round to noting it yesterday.
Site Administrator
(28 Jan 2015, 6:05 pm)Dan wrote This vehicle has now returned to Deptford, with 4970 taking its place at Saltmeadows for repaint.
The final vehicle for the revised Prince Bishops services, 5204, has now arrived at Saltmeadows for repaint into Prince Bishops purple for services 20/20A.
(30 Jan 2015, 9:34 am)Dan wrote The final vehicle for the revised Prince Bishops services, 5204, has now arrived at Saltmeadows for repaint into Prince Bishops purple for services 20/20A.

i had a feeling it would be that one as 5205 is a Fast Cats and would make sense anyways to repaint 5204
Owner of Bella the Cat

There was talk about the bodywork/paintwork/corrosion on the older Mercs recently.

Haven't long seen 5303. Not in the best of condition, particularly around the step/wheel arch.
There is a hole, about the size of a 10p piece. 
Serious delays to the Loop services. Just seen three 94s running within a minute of each other. I dare say traffic on the Team Valley?
Marxista Fozzski
Now the 61 are allocated Citaros...Will it be getting branded anytime soon 

Are they still part of the Simplicity Brand, as they are currently plain Siver will it become a rehash of the old Silver Arrows or will they be given a new brand or painted Northern Red  Big Grin

#justwondering
#HashtagsNEB
Site Administrator
(30 Jan 2015, 3:35 pm)MrFozz wrote Now the 61 are allocated Citaros...Will it be getting branded anytime soon 

Are they still part of the Simplicity Brand, as they are currently plain Siver will it become a rehash of the old Silver Arrows or will they be given a new brand or painted Northern Red  Big Grin

#justwondering
#HashtagsNEB

The brand is unlikely to be Silver Arrows or SimpliCity.

I would anticipate that the vehicles would be branded soon. Go North East will be getting third party vinyl fitters in to fit the vinyls to the Prince Bishops branded fleet (and to change the vinyls on the existing branded examples to show the new route details), so hopefully other vehicles being branded will coincide with this.

5320 - 5324 were just given a lick of silver paint a month or two ago, so shouldn't be repainted again for another few years.
(30 Jan 2015, 11:41 am)Racer_Experience wrote i had a feeling it would be that one as 5205 is a Fast Cats and would make sense anyways to repaint 5204

How does 5205 being branded as Fast Cats relate to 5204 being repainted for Prince Bishops services 20/20A? If 5204 was being painted black for the Fast Cats services then it would make sense but if it isnt then it doesnt make a difference.
Most of the Deptford based buses need a good wash on the outside.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(30 Jan 2015, 4:40 pm)Michael wrote Most of the Deptford based buses need a good wash on the outside.

All of the examples I've been on today have been fine, but the Drifter I got this morning was far from ideal. The windows seemed foggy - it wasn't like the normal darker muck. It was like they'd been washed, but it hadn't taken off all of the grime completely.
Marxista Fozzski
(30 Jan 2015, 4:40 pm)Michael wrote Most of the Deptford based buses need a good wash on the outside.
Noticed that myself lately...Light coloured ones seem to be manky lately
(30 Jan 2015, 5:07 pm)MrFozz wrote Noticed that myself lately...Light coloured ones seem to be manky lately

Spotted a couple of the FAB 56's and 1 Gold merc, as the worst 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.