You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

What's annoying you today? V2

(26 Jan 2015, 7:13 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote Does GNE run a special bus service around there? Like the Cobalt Clipper & Connect.

Sorry, are you talking to me?

A posh housing estate...hmm...I imagine most of our Audi A5/6s and a couple of Porsches and Aston Martins justify a bus service...
RE: What's annoying you today? V2
(26 Jan 2015, 7:16 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Sorry, are you talking to me?

A posh housing estate...hmm...I imagine most of our Audi A5/6s and a couple of Porsches and Aston Martins justify a bus service...

My street: Vauxhall Corsa, Volvo, Ford pick up truck, Ford Ka, Vauxhall Astra, Citroen C4 Picasso (old), caravan, Ford Mondeo, Skoda Octavia Taxi, Ford Focus, Ford Focus, Vauxhall Vectra, Peugeot 207.
(26 Jan 2015, 7:58 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote My mam has a Vauxhall Corsa, my dad has an Audi A6, it was more the 'Ford pick up truck' and 'Caravan'...

Nowt wrong with a Ford Pick-up. Not as good as a Toyota Hilux but I'd still have one if the opportunity arose.
Anyone else's Facebook app not working or since iv'e logged on the computer... that version to -.- 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(27 Jan 2015, 7:01 am)Michael wrote Anyone else's Facebook app not working or since iv'e logged on the computer... that version to -.- 

Everything was playing up for me this morning.

Instagram wouldn't refresh, nor would my Facebook News Feed. Messenger was down for a bit too, but seems to be working again now.
(27 Jan 2015, 7:01 am)Michael wrote Anyone else's Facebook app not working or since iv'e logged on the computer... that version to -.-
Instagram was down too apparently.

Fb and Instagram have released a statement denying they were hacked and it was a systems update that caused the issues.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Just had a tooth out. Not annoying but painful. Also I have to avoid exercise for the next several hours - no chance of going to the gym/swimming before work.
Site Administrator
(27 Jan 2015, 9:19 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Parents evening tomorrow - I've explained everything regarding my science teacher to my parents.

May I ask, does anyone think it's appropriate to call a student 'crap' or call their test 'a piece of crap'?

Well I was told that my recent English mock exam was 'too bad for a grade'... Looked for the grade boundaries on AQA's website for that year, and it was a D, but never mind...
(27 Jan 2015, 9:19 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Parents evening tomorrow - I've explained everything regarding my science teacher to my parents.

May I ask, does anyone think it's appropriate to call a student 'crap' or call their test 'a piece of crap'?

Not at all! To call a student crap is unacceptable. A test maybe, but not a student. 
No its wrong, even if u did rubbish, the teacher should of said something postive at the end... some teachers are still in the olden days... my teacher wrote on my uni homework that she was wasting her time... lets say i made a massive deal out of it...
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Eventhough its technically not if we said crap infront of a teacher about anything it would just get classed as swearing...well, depends what teacher you get really.
He's 25. He's been teaching for 3 years, started the same year as me.

Thing is - he's said it to me numerous times. And not always directly. When he says, before giving us our results, that 'remember, your test, reflects you as a person'...every test he's called mine 'crap' - so kind of calling me that too...but he has also said it directly to my face...

He's just generally not nice to me, and if you do bad in a test, there's nothing you can do to get back on his good side.

He's so two faced as well - he was about to start crying when we were telling him about Amanda Todd and her story - and he told us to stop because he would hate that to happen to a kid he's taught - yet he still calls me 'crap'...logic...
(27 Jan 2015, 9:00 pm)aureolin wrote I'll post one for Jimmi. I was in Durham bus station for about 20 minutes, and two 7s went out jam packed!

What time was this as some of the 7's in Durham can be absolutely rammed, the one I used to get to college on a morning would often be completely full by DurhamGate which is likely to be the reason it is now duplicated between Aycliffe and Framwellgate. Often very busy leaving Darlington on an evening too. Little wonder some runs will become double deck operated later this year.

An annoyance on the 7 today was the driver driving pretty slow and was fairly busy and was stop start pretty much all the way to Durham and this resulted in a late arrival which almost made me miss the X2 to Newcastle but thankfully it was a few minutes late and a fair few wanted to be on so I just managed to catch it or I'd going loopy from spending over an hour on the 21 listening to Steve and Karen *shudder's*
In fact - can anyone suggest to me what to say to him should my parents try and get him to stop but he still persists?

Complaining won't do anything good, but is there anything I can say back to just not look like a total loser and I'm sick of all the hate I get off him for not being any good?!

I've been thinking -

Him: 'Marcus, you really need to buck your ideas up, that was just crap'
Me: Reflects your teaching, sir.

?
I went out bus sporting earlier (mainly for Go North East 6084) but went home due to the weather, but I want to see how my camera is like for snow shots, but I have to stay in
(28 Jan 2015, 4:28 pm)leestransportphotos wrote Why didn't you just go indoors mate??

I didn't fancy getting cold in my, even if there was the slightest chance