Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2013

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (28) Previous 126 27 28 Next
Michael

31 Jul 2013, 3:14 pm #521
What colour are the cobolt clippers going?
Are they gonna get a new brand?

Can someone give me a update on re-paints, what is due and whats being painted?
Thanks

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
31 Jul 2013, 3:14 pm #521

What colour are the cobolt clippers going?

Thanks

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

idiot

31 Jul 2013, 3:44 pm #522
3972 on #42
8319 on #35 or #35A (can't remember which)
idiot
31 Jul 2013, 3:44 pm #522

3972 on #42
8319 on #35 or #35A (can't remember which)

BJ10VUS

31 Jul 2013, 3:56 pm #523
Solo SR on the 27X again - managing to display it properly!

Also, the blinds on the M1 have been reprogrammed on some of the vehicles to display 'Houghton le Sp' on front and rear displays with 'Houghton' on the side. This is instead of the previous 'Houghton le Spring' front and rear with 'Houghton' on the side.
BJ10VUS
31 Jul 2013, 3:56 pm #523

Solo SR on the 27X again - managing to display it properly!

Also, the blinds on the M1 have been reprogrammed on some of the vehicles to display 'Houghton le Sp' on front and rear displays with 'Houghton' on the side. This is instead of the previous 'Houghton le Spring' front and rear with 'Houghton' on the side.

Andreos1

31 Jul 2013, 4:21 pm #524
Curious one tonight. A Pronto decker running NIS upto the roundabout at Pelton/Perkinsville. Changed to a 34 whilst stuck in traffic and picked up the route from Pelton towards Waldridge Park.
Not aware of any short workings, only other suggestion is that there has been a breakdown of some sort. Either way, the folk of Ouston and Urpeth Grange are getting wet waiting for the next service
Andreos1
31 Jul 2013, 4:21 pm #524

Curious one tonight. A Pronto decker running NIS upto the roundabout at Pelton/Perkinsville. Changed to a 34 whilst stuck in traffic and picked up the route from Pelton towards Waldridge Park.
Not aware of any short workings, only other suggestion is that there has been a breakdown of some sort. Either way, the folk of Ouston and Urpeth Grange are getting wet waiting for the next service

Malarkey

31 Jul 2013, 4:30 pm #525
(31 Jul 2013, 4:21 pm)Andreos1 Curious one tonight. A Pronto decker running NIS upto the roundabout at Pelton/Perkinsville. Changed to a 34 whilst stuck in traffic and picked up the route from Pelton towards Waldridge Park.

I seen a Pronto last Friday at 09:45am on Crowther Road in Washington next to the Holiday Inn, whilst on the 50 going to Chester le Street. Forgot to report it, Just seen the word Pronto in your post and I remembered. No idea if it was on a Road Test or on a Diversion on the X21 something as it didnt follow the 50 onto the Motorway, it seemed to go around the roundabout then back up Crowther Road.
Malarkey
31 Jul 2013, 4:30 pm #525

(31 Jul 2013, 4:21 pm)Andreos1 Curious one tonight. A Pronto decker running NIS upto the roundabout at Pelton/Perkinsville. Changed to a 34 whilst stuck in traffic and picked up the route from Pelton towards Waldridge Park.

I seen a Pronto last Friday at 09:45am on Crowther Road in Washington next to the Holiday Inn, whilst on the 50 going to Chester le Street. Forgot to report it, Just seen the word Pronto in your post and I remembered. No idea if it was on a Road Test or on a Diversion on the X21 something as it didnt follow the 50 onto the Motorway, it seemed to go around the roundabout then back up Crowther Road.

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Jul 2013, 4:30 pm #526
(31 Jul 2013, 3:14 pm)Michael What colour are the cobolt clippers going?

Thanks

Repaints in the last two months have included:
- MPD 547 (Doxford Clipper to Northern)
- MPD 603-606 (Doxford Clipper to Northern)
- MPD 618/619 (Venture to Yellow)
- Gemini 3964 (FestivalNE to Real Radio)
- Solars 4956-60 (MetroLINK to Plum)
- Omnicity 5261-5* (Coaster to Blue)
- Cadet 8258-9/8271-3 (Drifter to Northern).

* 5265 should have entered the paintshop this afternoon. If not, it will be in the paintshop tomorrow

What's to come (that is known to everyone rather than a select few with contacts in GNE)?
- All other MetroLINK Solars
- All other Coaster Omnicitys (with a few other Omnicitys planned too)
- All OK Expressway Solars
- Gemini 3964 (current livery will last until the end of August)

The "MetroLINK" and "Coaster" branded vehicles are sent on a one-by-one basis. The "Coaster" branded vehicles will take at least three weeks more taking this into account, while all "OK Expressway" branded vehicles could be achieved within a week as they can be taken out of service immediately and all sent to Saltmeadows. September will be here, and 3964 will be due in. After 3964, repaints of "MetroLINK" branded vehicles can commence again. This will take a minimum of two weeks.

As I suggested above, a few more Omnicitys may be planned for repaint too, so allow for delays of 2 weeks to the schedule I gave. Take into account when vehicles need to be out fully branded etc, and if it isn't looking like this could be achieved, it will mean depots will have to send more than one at a time.

Re: Cobalt Clipper
Only the rear of the vehicles are being repainted at the moment. Most (if not all) Citaros have a rear advertisement and require a repaint to clean them up a bit afterwards, so going straight back into silver.
I imagine after the above repaints are complete, work may possibly start on "Cobalt Clipper" branded vehicles too.
Dan
31 Jul 2013, 4:30 pm #526

(31 Jul 2013, 3:14 pm)Michael What colour are the cobolt clippers going?

Thanks

Repaints in the last two months have included:
- MPD 547 (Doxford Clipper to Northern)
- MPD 603-606 (Doxford Clipper to Northern)
- MPD 618/619 (Venture to Yellow)
- Gemini 3964 (FestivalNE to Real Radio)
- Solars 4956-60 (MetroLINK to Plum)
- Omnicity 5261-5* (Coaster to Blue)
- Cadet 8258-9/8271-3 (Drifter to Northern).

* 5265 should have entered the paintshop this afternoon. If not, it will be in the paintshop tomorrow

What's to come (that is known to everyone rather than a select few with contacts in GNE)?
- All other MetroLINK Solars
- All other Coaster Omnicitys (with a few other Omnicitys planned too)
- All OK Expressway Solars
- Gemini 3964 (current livery will last until the end of August)

The "MetroLINK" and "Coaster" branded vehicles are sent on a one-by-one basis. The "Coaster" branded vehicles will take at least three weeks more taking this into account, while all "OK Expressway" branded vehicles could be achieved within a week as they can be taken out of service immediately and all sent to Saltmeadows. September will be here, and 3964 will be due in. After 3964, repaints of "MetroLINK" branded vehicles can commence again. This will take a minimum of two weeks.

As I suggested above, a few more Omnicitys may be planned for repaint too, so allow for delays of 2 weeks to the schedule I gave. Take into account when vehicles need to be out fully branded etc, and if it isn't looking like this could be achieved, it will mean depots will have to send more than one at a time.

Re: Cobalt Clipper
Only the rear of the vehicles are being repainted at the moment. Most (if not all) Citaros have a rear advertisement and require a repaint to clean them up a bit afterwards, so going straight back into silver.
I imagine after the above repaints are complete, work may possibly start on "Cobalt Clipper" branded vehicles too.

Michael

31 Jul 2013, 4:53 pm #527
Thanks alot, was just confused alittle also dont forget the streetlites which is due for september should be at heyshem docks

Its all happening hopefully we know by end of September time what fleet changes will happen and where everything is going

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
31 Jul 2013, 4:53 pm #527

Thanks alot, was just confused alittle also dont forget the streetlites which is due for september should be at heyshem docks

Its all happening hopefully we know by end of September time what fleet changes will happen and where everything is going

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Jul 2013, 5:00 pm #528
(31 Jul 2013, 4:53 pm)Michael Thanks alot, was just confused alittle also dont forget the streetlites which is due for september should be at heyshem docks

I imagine fleet changes will start before September.

I think the MOT expires on all of the DAFs within the fleet by the end of August. You can say that the vehicles will be taken out of service a week prior to this date so that they can be prepared for withdrawal and sent to Hexham for storage until they are scrapped.
Fleet movements will need to come into play to accommodate these changes, as Chester-le-Street only have 27 "Northern" branded vehicles (inc. 2x "M-Ticket" branded), with some already being utilised on services that are not held within a brand.
Dan
31 Jul 2013, 5:00 pm #528

(31 Jul 2013, 4:53 pm)Michael Thanks alot, was just confused alittle also dont forget the streetlites which is due for september should be at heyshem docks

I think the MOT expires on all of the DAFs within the fleet by the end of August. You can say that the vehicles will be taken out of service a week prior to this date so that they can be prepared for withdrawal and sent to Hexham for storage until they are scrapped.
Fleet movements will need to come into play to accommodate these changes, as Chester-le-Street only have 27 "Northern" branded vehicles (inc. 2x "M-Ticket" branded), with some already being utilised on services that are not held within a brand.

BJ10VUS

31 Jul 2013, 5:08 pm #529
(31 Jul 2013, 4:30 pm)Daniel Re: Cobalt Clipper

Wonder if they'll do that with the 'Crusader' Citaro that has a 'Love Northumberland' advert on the rear. Seems a bit pointless advertising Northumberland County Council in South Tyneside Tongue
BJ10VUS
31 Jul 2013, 5:08 pm #529

Wonder if they'll do that with the 'Crusader' Citaro that has a 'Love Northumberland' advert on the rear. Seems a bit pointless advertising Northumberland County Council in South Tyneside Tongue

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Jul 2013, 5:17 pm #530
(31 Jul 2013, 5:08 pm)BJ10VUS

I believe that there are a few "Crusader" branded Citaros that have a few odd panels that need to be painted... I noticed one a few days ago with a panel kind of hanging off (same story with a "North Tyne Links" MPD today too), but a lot have been replaced with darker coloured panels.
A "Red Kite" Omnicity was having a few panels repainted today that had either been replaced or needed replacing. I imagine when Saltmeadows' load isn't quite so heavy, they'll have it removed. That said, they'll have to wait until the advertisement is due to be removed to actually remove it - otherwise they'd have to refund Northumberland County Council some money if they paid for it to be displayed, surely? Seems incredibly pointless nevertheless, I agree.

I don't think that the adverts on Cobalt Clipper were the same, they were just every day adverts you see on buses if I am correct. They didn't have the proper boards for them though, hence the need to remove the adverts, sand down and then repaint to clean them back up.
Dan
31 Jul 2013, 5:17 pm #530

(31 Jul 2013, 5:08 pm)BJ10VUS

I believe that there are a few "Crusader" branded Citaros that have a few odd panels that need to be painted... I noticed one a few days ago with a panel kind of hanging off (same story with a "North Tyne Links" MPD today too), but a lot have been replaced with darker coloured panels.
A "Red Kite" Omnicity was having a few panels repainted today that had either been replaced or needed replacing. I imagine when Saltmeadows' load isn't quite so heavy, they'll have it removed. That said, they'll have to wait until the advertisement is due to be removed to actually remove it - otherwise they'd have to refund Northumberland County Council some money if they paid for it to be displayed, surely? Seems incredibly pointless nevertheless, I agree.

I don't think that the adverts on Cobalt Clipper were the same, they were just every day adverts you see on buses if I am correct. They didn't have the proper boards for them though, hence the need to remove the adverts, sand down and then repaint to clean them back up.

Malarkey

31 Jul 2013, 5:17 pm #531
(31 Jul 2013, 5:00 pm)Daniel

Not forgetting the Citaros for the M1 also, doubt they'd release the Solars off the M1 until the New Buses have arrived and are branded etc, As for the DAF's on the Waggonway/Lambton Worm I think they'll use whatever is spare at the time, baring in mind the Scholars Services will be in effect again by then
Malarkey
31 Jul 2013, 5:17 pm #531

(31 Jul 2013, 5:00 pm)Daniel

Not forgetting the Citaros for the M1 also, doubt they'd release the Solars off the M1 until the New Buses have arrived and are branded etc, As for the DAF's on the Waggonway/Lambton Worm I think they'll use whatever is spare at the time, baring in mind the Scholars Services will be in effect again by then

Michael

31 Jul 2013, 5:38 pm #532
Will they have enough spare buses?
Hopefully all the new buses are delivered early.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
31 Jul 2013, 5:38 pm #532

Will they have enough spare buses?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Malarkey

31 Jul 2013, 6:43 pm #533
(31 Jul 2013, 5:38 pm)Michael Will they have enough spare buses?

I think Arriva/Stagecoach and TGM Classic and possibly Kingsley's should be providing buses also, so it should be ok
Malarkey
31 Jul 2013, 6:43 pm #533

I think Arriva/Stagecoach and TGM Classic and possibly Kingsley's should be providing buses also, so it should be ok

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Jul 2013, 6:47 pm #534
(31 Jul 2013, 6:43 pm)Adam Malarkey

For Go North East's Chester-le-Street depot operations? Hmm...
Dan
31 Jul 2013, 6:47 pm #534

(31 Jul 2013, 6:43 pm)Adam Malarkey

For Go North East's Chester-le-Street depot operations? Hmm...

gtom

Banned

31 Jul 2013, 6:48 pm #535
I dunno...I'd love a Classic on the 21 again
gtom
31 Jul 2013, 6:48 pm #535

I dunno...I'd love a Classic on the 21 again

Michael

31 Jul 2013, 7:05 pm #536
What im confused i ment will GNE will have enough buses when the DAFs MOTs run out

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
31 Jul 2013, 7:05 pm #536

What im confused i ment will GNE will have enough buses when the DAFs MOTs run out

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Jul 2013, 7:12 pm #537
(31 Jul 2013, 7:05 pm)Michael What im confused i ment will GNE will have enough buses when the DAFs MOTs run out

I think Adam misunderstood. Likelihood of GNE drafting in vehicles from ANE/SNE/Indeps is almost impossible (never say never!)
Like I say, vehicle transfers will have to take place for w/c 19th August to accommodate for the loss of the DAFs.
Dan
31 Jul 2013, 7:12 pm #537

(31 Jul 2013, 7:05 pm)Michael What im confused i ment will GNE will have enough buses when the DAFs MOTs run out

I think Adam misunderstood. Likelihood of GNE drafting in vehicles from ANE/SNE/Indeps is almost impossible (never say never!)
Like I say, vehicle transfers will have to take place for w/c 19th August to accommodate for the loss of the DAFs.

Michael

31 Jul 2013, 7:15 pm #538
Who has the most spare buses in the depot?

We all really gonna miss the DAFs on the 28/28A haha

Im currently in the lakes so havent had time to check for the spare buses... if u want to know its being lashing down since 2:30... haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
31 Jul 2013, 7:15 pm #538

Who has the most spare buses in the depot?

We all really gonna miss the DAFs on the 28/28A haha

Im currently in the lakes so havent had time to check for the spare buses... if u want to know its being lashing down since 2:30... haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Malarkey

31 Jul 2013, 7:24 pm #539
It's raining here in Washington, not heavily though, but it's been a constant on/off showers since about 4pm, I'll try and draw up some possible fleet changes that may happen.
Malarkey
31 Jul 2013, 7:24 pm #539

It's raining here in Washington, not heavily though, but it's been a constant on/off showers since about 4pm, I'll try and draw up some possible fleet changes that may happen.

gtom

Banned

31 Jul 2013, 7:31 pm #540
I'm about to be very controversial but from a 28 passengers point of view, if things were dragging with deliveries and paint jobs, I'd be on the phone to Ensign to see if we could borrow these beauties back Angel

[Image: 2474460.jpg]
Ensign obviously can't shift 'em Big Grin

(photo from Ensign Sales Page

PS, was browsing and came across this on Bazza90 (all photo credit to him) and was wondering...how did GNE get away with this one?! (assuming its not a mocked up shot)

[Image: 5696514904_b3809fa981.jpg]
gtom
31 Jul 2013, 7:31 pm #540

I'm about to be very controversial but from a 28 passengers point of view, if things were dragging with deliveries and paint jobs, I'd be on the phone to Ensign to see if we could borrow these beauties back Angel

[Image: 2474460.jpg]
Ensign obviously can't shift 'em Big Grin

(photo from Ensign Sales Page

PS, was browsing and came across this on Bazza90 (all photo credit to him) and was wondering...how did GNE get away with this one?! (assuming its not a mocked up shot)

[Image: 5696514904_b3809fa981.jpg]

Pages (28) Previous 126 27 28 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average