Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions

Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions

Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (100) Previous 170 71 72100 Next
S813 FVK

24 Feb 2015, 8:58 pm #1,401
(24 Feb 2015, 8:56 pm)aureolin That's if GNE actually attend? I seem to recall they were getting some grief last year for 'dominating' it. Little thanks for the depot tours or run outs like...

At least they made an effort unlike Stagecoach...
S813 FVK
24 Feb 2015, 8:58 pm #1,401

(24 Feb 2015, 8:56 pm)aureolin That's if GNE actually attend? I seem to recall they were getting some grief last year for 'dominating' it. Little thanks for the depot tours or run outs like...

At least they made an effort unlike Stagecoach...

24 Feb 2015, 8:59 pm #1,402

I would hope so! I suppose they did dominate it a bit, was it 14 buses attended in 2014? 

Stagecoach didn't seem to bother last year, I'd like to see an ALX300 at the rally this year! Big Grin
R852 PRG
24 Feb 2015, 8:59 pm #1,402

I would hope so! I suppose they did dominate it a bit, was it 14 buses attended in 2014? 

Stagecoach didn't seem to bother last year, I'd like to see an ALX300 at the rally this year! Big Grin

24 Feb 2015, 8:59 pm #1,403
(24 Feb 2015, 8:58 pm)Jackamcardle Thanks Micheal, I hope to be in amongst you all during this exiting time!

Excuse my manners, welcome to the forum! Smile
R852 PRG
24 Feb 2015, 8:59 pm #1,403

(24 Feb 2015, 8:58 pm)Jackamcardle Thanks Micheal, I hope to be in amongst you all during this exiting time!

Excuse my manners, welcome to the forum! Smile

24 Feb 2015, 9:02 pm #1,404
(24 Feb 2015, 8:59 pm)MarcTheA4 Excuse my manners, welcome to the forum! Smile

Thanks Marc, I look forward to talking will you all in the near future! Rolleyes
Jackamcardle
24 Feb 2015, 9:02 pm #1,404

(24 Feb 2015, 8:59 pm)MarcTheA4 Excuse my manners, welcome to the forum! Smile

Thanks Marc, I look forward to talking will you all in the near future! Rolleyes

Michael

24 Feb 2015, 9:02 pm #1,405
citaro5284

The new Streetlites due between March and May will be deployed on three groups of services: The X66 and Lime as many have guessed, but also the Red Kites.

Now, let the guessing commence as to where the Scania Omnicities will be heading to.....

-------------

Re-posting this, so we don't have to go over the same info over and over again...

Once again, Thanks Citaro =)
Edited 24 Feb 2015, 9:04 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
24 Feb 2015, 9:02 pm #1,405

citaro5284

The new Streetlites due between March and May will be deployed on three groups of services: The X66 and Lime as many have guessed, but also the Red Kites.

Now, let the guessing commence as to where the Scania Omnicities will be heading to.....

-------------

Re-posting this, so we don't have to go over the same info over and over again...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

24 Feb 2015, 9:07 pm #1,406
(24 Feb 2015, 9:02 pm)Jackamcardle Thanks Marc, I look forward to talking will you all in the near future! Rolleyes

He'll blank you if he sees you in a bus station though...  Wink

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
24 Feb 2015, 9:07 pm #1,406

(24 Feb 2015, 9:02 pm)Jackamcardle Thanks Marc, I look forward to talking will you all in the near future! Rolleyes

He'll blank you if he sees you in a bus station though...  Wink

Dan

Site Administrator

24 Feb 2015, 9:07 pm #1,407
(24 Feb 2015, 8:47 pm)aureolin PVR upgrade in the pipeline for the X66 then? It's been fun and games when I've used the X66, since the removal of the bendies. Having standees isn't ideal, when the aim of the game is to horse it from A to B.

The issue is that, on Monday - Friday and Sunday daytimes, a PVR upgrade wouldn't be necessary. I'm inclined to suggest that something needs to be done about peak times, as I've seen standees from the front of a single deck to the back. Saturday daytimes seem to cope fine at the moment with single deckers, but every seat always seems to be occupied. Peak times, same story.

Wonder if it would be possible to retain the current PVR but drop red buses onto the X66 at peak times to keep things moving?

(24 Feb 2015, 8:56 pm)Jimmi I rode bendy bus on their last day in service and it was pretty busy so I dread to think what's it's like on a Solar, especially on a Saturday.

The Prince Bishops Solar's are the worst, if you sit towards the back where the crown is you can't see a thing, just white!

The Commercial Team realised this was an issue, and that's why the mitre vinyl which covers the windows towards the back of the vehicle was replaced with contravision in the recent re-branding of the Scania L94s to allow customers to see out of the windows easily.

See the photo below - you can see the colour difference when the sun shines on it:
[Image: 16288163287_e10a3bbe2a.jpg]Go North East: 4969 / NK53UNV by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

I think they'll attend, but just in a limited capacity. A couple of buses, similar to Arriva's recent presence at the Metrocentre. Think that was the point of sending so many last year.
Dan
24 Feb 2015, 9:07 pm #1,407

(24 Feb 2015, 8:47 pm)aureolin PVR upgrade in the pipeline for the X66 then? It's been fun and games when I've used the X66, since the removal of the bendies. Having standees isn't ideal, when the aim of the game is to horse it from A to B.

The issue is that, on Monday - Friday and Sunday daytimes, a PVR upgrade wouldn't be necessary. I'm inclined to suggest that something needs to be done about peak times, as I've seen standees from the front of a single deck to the back. Saturday daytimes seem to cope fine at the moment with single deckers, but every seat always seems to be occupied. Peak times, same story.

Wonder if it would be possible to retain the current PVR but drop red buses onto the X66 at peak times to keep things moving?

(24 Feb 2015, 8:56 pm)Jimmi I rode bendy bus on their last day in service and it was pretty busy so I dread to think what's it's like on a Solar, especially on a Saturday.

The Prince Bishops Solar's are the worst, if you sit towards the back where the crown is you can't see a thing, just white!

The Commercial Team realised this was an issue, and that's why the mitre vinyl which covers the windows towards the back of the vehicle was replaced with contravision in the recent re-branding of the Scania L94s to allow customers to see out of the windows easily.

See the photo below - you can see the colour difference when the sun shines on it:
[Image: 16288163287_e10a3bbe2a.jpg]Go North East: 4969 / NK53UNV by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

I think they'll attend, but just in a limited capacity. A couple of buses, similar to Arriva's recent presence at the Metrocentre. Think that was the point of sending so many last year.

24 Feb 2015, 9:08 pm #1,408
(24 Feb 2015, 9:07 pm)aureolin He'll blank you if he sees you in a bus station though...  Wink

He better not!  Cool Big Grin
Jackamcardle
24 Feb 2015, 9:08 pm #1,408

(24 Feb 2015, 9:07 pm)aureolin He'll blank you if he sees you in a bus station though...  Wink

He better not!  Cool Big Grin

Diamond One

Banned

24 Feb 2015, 9:08 pm #1,409
(24 Feb 2015, 9:02 pm)Michael citaro5284

-------------

Scania Ominicity to Toon Link Eclipses to red Renowns to Withdrawn
Diamond One
24 Feb 2015, 9:08 pm #1,409

(24 Feb 2015, 9:02 pm)Michael citaro5284

-------------

Scania Ominicity to Toon Link Eclipses to red Renowns to Withdrawn

S813 FVK

24 Feb 2015, 9:11 pm #1,410
(24 Feb 2015, 9:08 pm)Racer_Experience Scania Ominicity to Toon Link Eclipses to red Renowns to Withdrawn

As previously discussed, there are not enough omnicities to replace all the Toon Link branded vehicles. It looks like just the Renowns will be replaced since they need to be withdrawn before January 2016 because of DDA requirements.
S813 FVK
24 Feb 2015, 9:11 pm #1,410

(24 Feb 2015, 9:08 pm)Racer_Experience Scania Ominicity to Toon Link Eclipses to red Renowns to Withdrawn

As previously discussed, there are not enough omnicities to replace all the Toon Link branded vehicles. It looks like just the Renowns will be replaced since they need to be withdrawn before January 2016 because of DDA requirements.

24 Feb 2015, 9:11 pm #1,411
(24 Feb 2015, 9:07 pm)Dan The issue is that, on Monday - Friday and Sunday daytimes, a PVR upgrade wouldn't be necessary. I'm inclined to suggest that something needs to be done about peak times, as I've seen standees from the front of a single deck to the back. Saturday daytimes seem to cope fine at the moment with single deckers, but every seat always seems to be occupied. Peak times, same story.

This may not seem a good idea but perhaps the X66 get some new double deckers like a few geminis and make the service every 10 minutes, or pull this not work as well...?
Jackamcardle
24 Feb 2015, 9:11 pm #1,411

(24 Feb 2015, 9:07 pm)Dan The issue is that, on Monday - Friday and Sunday daytimes, a PVR upgrade wouldn't be necessary. I'm inclined to suggest that something needs to be done about peak times, as I've seen standees from the front of a single deck to the back. Saturday daytimes seem to cope fine at the moment with single deckers, but every seat always seems to be occupied. Peak times, same story.

This may not seem a good idea but perhaps the X66 get some new double deckers like a few geminis and make the service every 10 minutes, or pull this not work as well...?

Adrian

24 Feb 2015, 9:14 pm #1,412

I think it's potentially more complex than most other routes. I agree with your point about Saturday daytimes, but I think you've still got a constant flow, which is more than a standard rigid bus can cope with, Monday-Friday daytime. The complexity comes from the morning demand solely being A to B, but the afternoon/early evening demand solely being B to A? 

Adrian
24 Feb 2015, 9:14 pm #1,412

I think it's potentially more complex than most other routes. I agree with your point about Saturday daytimes, but I think you've still got a constant flow, which is more than a standard rigid bus can cope with, Monday-Friday daytime. The complexity comes from the morning demand solely being A to B, but the afternoon/early evening demand solely being B to A? 

S813 FVK

24 Feb 2015, 9:15 pm #1,413
Deckers and that low bridge on the centrelink (or anywhere) are like oil and water, they dont work. Perfect if you want to convert a bus to an open top for free like!
S813 FVK
24 Feb 2015, 9:15 pm #1,413

Deckers and that low bridge on the centrelink (or anywhere) are like oil and water, they dont work. Perfect if you want to convert a bus to an open top for free like!

Michael

24 Feb 2015, 9:15 pm #1,414

Looks like way, a further post was made just after Citaros, from Kuyoyo about the Omnicites...so it looks like:

Omnicity to Toonlink 11/31/32.
Eclipses will stay 47 (didn't say if it would retain Toonlink brand, as it no longer interworks)

Like we know..  the B10's will be withdrawn.

Although, i don't think its confirmed where they're going...?
Edited 24 Feb 2015, 9:19 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
24 Feb 2015, 9:15 pm #1,414

Looks like way, a further post was made just after Citaros, from Kuyoyo about the Omnicites...so it looks like:

Omnicity to Toonlink 11/31/32.
Eclipses will stay 47 (didn't say if it would retain Toonlink brand, as it no longer interworks)

Like we know..  the B10's will be withdrawn.

Although, i don't think its confirmed where they're going...?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Tom

24 Feb 2015, 9:16 pm #1,415
(24 Feb 2015, 9:11 pm)Robert As previously discussed, there are not enough omnicities to replace all the Toon Link branded vehicles. It looks like just the Renowns will be replaced since they need to be withdrawn before January 2016 because of DDA requirements.

What is going to replace all of the B10BLE's before then?
Tom
24 Feb 2015, 9:16 pm #1,415

(24 Feb 2015, 9:11 pm)Robert As previously discussed, there are not enough omnicities to replace all the Toon Link branded vehicles. It looks like just the Renowns will be replaced since they need to be withdrawn before January 2016 because of DDA requirements.

What is going to replace all of the B10BLE's before then?

S813 FVK

24 Feb 2015, 9:18 pm #1,416
(24 Feb 2015, 9:16 pm)Tom What is going to replace all of the B10BLE's before then?

Haven't got a clue but they need to start somewhere. There will be an extra Red Kite omnicitiy though as only 8 are required. Maybe to Percy Main for the 17 replacing one?Maybe Citaro will know Tongue 
S813 FVK
24 Feb 2015, 9:18 pm #1,416

(24 Feb 2015, 9:16 pm)Tom What is going to replace all of the B10BLE's before then?

Haven't got a clue but they need to start somewhere. There will be an extra Red Kite omnicitiy though as only 8 are required. Maybe to Percy Main for the 17 replacing one?Maybe Citaro will know Tongue 

24 Feb 2015, 9:19 pm #1,417
(24 Feb 2015, 9:07 pm)Dan I think they'll attend, but just in a limited capacity. A couple of buses, similar to Arriva's recent presence at the Metrocentre. Think that was the point of sending so many last year.

I'd like to see at least 3 vehicles from the GNE fleet attend. And perhaps one could even be a B10BLE? I understand that they aren't exactly the newest things out there, but they are loved by enthusiasts, and despite it being advertised as a bit of a family day, the rally is generally aimed at bus enthusiasts, from a perspective.

As citaro5284 said the vehicles are expected for March-May, I reckon each month we will get a new batch of vehicles (March - X66, April - Lime, May - Red Kites, just at a guess) I'm predicting...

1.) An X66-branded (if it continues as a brand!) Streetlite

2.) A Lime-branded Streetlite

3.) A Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown

A cheeky 4 Tongue.) Possibly an Olympian? (Hoping they last until May!)

I'd also like to see some shuttles again, they seemed very popular last year!

Anyway, back on topic...Big Grin
R852 PRG
24 Feb 2015, 9:19 pm #1,417

(24 Feb 2015, 9:07 pm)Dan I think they'll attend, but just in a limited capacity. A couple of buses, similar to Arriva's recent presence at the Metrocentre. Think that was the point of sending so many last year.

I'd like to see at least 3 vehicles from the GNE fleet attend. And perhaps one could even be a B10BLE? I understand that they aren't exactly the newest things out there, but they are loved by enthusiasts, and despite it being advertised as a bit of a family day, the rally is generally aimed at bus enthusiasts, from a perspective.

As citaro5284 said the vehicles are expected for March-May, I reckon each month we will get a new batch of vehicles (March - X66, April - Lime, May - Red Kites, just at a guess) I'm predicting...

1.) An X66-branded (if it continues as a brand!) Streetlite

24 Feb 2015, 9:20 pm #1,418
Anyway, moving onto the limes, do you think that they will still keep it as the bike bus, or will they scrap that?
Jackamcardle
24 Feb 2015, 9:20 pm #1,418

Anyway, moving onto the limes, do you think that they will still keep it as the bike bus, or will they scrap that?

Michael

24 Feb 2015, 9:21 pm #1,419
(24 Feb 2015, 9:20 pm)Jackamcardle Anyway, moving onto the limes, do you think that they will still keep it as the bike bus, or will they scrap that?

I think they will scrap it, i don't think anyone used it when all the B10's were on the lime.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
24 Feb 2015, 9:21 pm #1,419

(24 Feb 2015, 9:20 pm)Jackamcardle Anyway, moving onto the limes, do you think that they will still keep it as the bike bus, or will they scrap that?

I think they will scrap it, i don't think anyone used it when all the B10's were on the lime.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

24 Feb 2015, 9:21 pm #1,420
(24 Feb 2015, 9:19 pm)MarcTheA4 I'd like to see at least 3 vehicles from the GNE fleet attend. And perhaps one could even be a B10BLE? I understand that they aren't exactly the newest things out there, but they are loved by enthusiasts, and despite it being advertised as a bit of a family day, the rally is generally aimed at bus enthusiasts, from a perspective.

1.) An X66-branded (if it continues as a brand!)  Streetlite

I'd love to see the only Plaxton Concept, but I'm not sure that that will be there!
Jackamcardle
24 Feb 2015, 9:21 pm #1,420

(24 Feb 2015, 9:19 pm)MarcTheA4 I'd like to see at least 3 vehicles from the GNE fleet attend. And perhaps one could even be a B10BLE? I understand that they aren't exactly the newest things out there, but they are loved by enthusiasts, and despite it being advertised as a bit of a family day, the rally is generally aimed at bus enthusiasts, from a perspective.

1.) An X66-branded (if it continues as a brand!)  Streetlite

I'd love to see the only Plaxton Concept, but I'm not sure that that will be there!

Pages (100) Previous 170 71 72100 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average