You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

LNER (Formerly Virgin Trains East Coast & East Coast)

LNER (Formerly Virgin Trains East Coast & East Coast)

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast
(28 Feb 2015, 7:55 pm)Robert wrote That map is for two separate routes though? If thats the case, after the place the routes divide from eachother, one route has nothing to do with the other.

But all the places in the map aren't in a straight line either are they? It's illustrative of the stops on route and in which order. You can see it reaches Sunderland directly after Newcastle, so it's doing it's job. As is the X1/Connections 4 map.

The alternative is what Arriva uses for their bus routes (example). Great if you're local, but a bit confusing if you're not.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Site Administrator
(28 Feb 2015, 8:23 pm)aureolin wrote The alternative is what Arriva uses for their bus routes (example). Great if you're local, but a bit confusing if you're not.

Go North East also offers this:
.png gne_309.png
(28 Feb 2015, 8:23 pm)aureolin wrote But all the places in the map aren't in a straight line either are they? It's illustrative of the stops on route and in which order. You can see it reaches Sunderland directly after Newcastle, so it's doing it's job. As is the X1/Connections 4 map.

The alternative is what Arriva uses for their bus routes (example). Great if you're local[Image: arrow-10x10.png], but a bit confusing if you're not.

But shows the places correctly from a geographical perspective and are not shown to be in between places which they arent which is the main gripe with the VTEC map.
Site Administrator
£1 = 2 Nectar Points
500 Nectar Points required for an e-Voucher worth £2.50
Standard Newcastle to London = From £15

£15 / £2.50 = 6
6 * 500 = 3000 Nectar Points

3000 / 2 = £1500

You need to spend £1500 on travel to accumulate enough points for one standard single ticket to London? You had to spend £1565 to earn enough points to redeem four first class single tickets previously. Absolutely ludicrous.
Site Administrator
(01 Mar 2015, 8:56 am)Tommy_1581 wrote Dan, it's time to change the name of the thread! Wink

The name of the thread was changed to "East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast" a few weeks ago when we first started regularly discussing the takeover. This thread houses discussion both before and after the recent change of hands, hence why I opted to include both names in the name of the thread.
(01 Mar 2015, 9:29 am)citaro5284 wrote Virgin branded HST this morning at York

The purple stripes should get vinyled over with red this week apparently

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(01 Mar 2015, 9:53 am)Tommy_1581 wrote I've seen the full livery, and it's nothing like the above or the Pendolino or the Pretendolino.

A completely new Virgin livery...

Aye, but they'll stick these temporary vinyls on for now, as every single instance of the 'East Coast' brand needs to be covered up or removed.
Site Administrator
(01 Mar 2015, 9:53 am)Tommy_1581 wrote I've seen the full livery, and it's nothing like the above or the Pendolino or the Pretendolino.

A completely new Virgin livery...

Care to share?
(01 Mar 2015, 9:55 am)aureolin wrote Aye, but they'll stick these temporary vinyls on for now, as every single instance of the 'East Coast' brand needs to be covered up or removed.

Except for the timetables (May 2015) and the uniform (next year).
East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast
I've got to say:

A) The new livery looks great.

B) Thanks to East Coast for all those years of brilliant customer service, enjoyable journeys and lovely memories.

C) I'm definitely going DHM-NCL then NCL-DHM with them next Sunday. Take the camera too for a bit of #trainphotting.
(01 Mar 2015, 12:17 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote I've got to say:

A) The new livery looks great.

B) Thanks to East Coast for all those years of brilliant customer service, enjoyable journeys and lovely memories.

C) I'm definitely going DHM-NCL then NCL-DHM with them next Sunday. Take the camera too for a bit of #trainphotting.

Have you seen the full livery yet? The "Virgin Interim" livery, shown in previous posts, is just temporary.
(01 Mar 2015, 1:17 pm)Robert wrote He's turning into a citaro5284! Making us guess for our supper Tongue 

Although we actually know that citaro5284 has access to the information he hints towards... Smile
(01 Mar 2015, 1:30 pm)aureolin wrote Although we actually know that citaro5284 has access to the information he hints towards... Smile

Aye, i'm starting to persuade myself that he doesnt actually know what the livery will look like and he is just saying that for effect...
(01 Mar 2015, 1:34 pm)Robert wrote Aye, i'm starting to persuade myself that he doesnt actually know what the livery will look like and he is just saying that for effect...

I actually do know what the livery looks like... 

Lots of red and it's either white or grey, fully or partially along the bottom.

That's all that I'm allowed to tell you and it might be giving a bit more away then I should be.
Site Administrator
(01 Mar 2015, 2:32 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote I actually do know what the livery looks like... 

That's all that I'm allowed to tell you and it might be giving a bit more away then I should be.

Ha'way, we're gonna be finding out in less than 24 hours what it looks like anyway! Tongue 

If you have a photograph of it or a source, you may as well just share it.
(01 Mar 2015, 2:33 pm)Dan wrote Ha'way, we're gonna be finding out in less than 24 hours what it looks like anyway! Tongue 

If you have a photograph of it or a source, you may as well just share it.

I can't exactly give you a link to somebody's iPad can I?  

Source: another enthusiast's iPad, of whom I'm not allowed to say the name of...
(01 Mar 2015, 2:32 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote I actually do know what the livery looks like... 

Where did he get the image from? You specified him as an enthusiast rather than an actual employee so its not as if he has been told to broadcast the image out otherwise he wouldnt have shown you. If he has a photo then why cant we? Equality springs to mind.
(01 Mar 2015, 2:38 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote I can't exactly give you a link to somebody's iPad[Image: arrow-10x10.png] can I?  

Source: another enthusiast's iPad[Image: arrow-10x10.png], of whom I'm not allowed to say the name of...

Or are you just attention seeking and you actually don't have any information?
(01 Mar 2015, 2:48 pm)Tom wrote Or are you just attention seeking and you actually don't have any information?

Id love for a photo to emerge and it not to look anything like he said. make him look like a right twat. I know what i will put my money on the livery being like.
East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast
(01 Mar 2015, 2:50 pm)Robert wrote Id love for a photo to emerge and it not to look anything like he said. make him look like a right twat. I know what i will put my money on the livery being like.

I actually like the temporary vinyls, think they look rather smart on the silver base livery.
(01 Mar 2015, 2:47 pm)Robert wrote Where did he get the image from? You specified him as an enthusiast rather than an actual employee so its not as if he has been told to broadcast the image out otherwise he wouldnt have shown you. If he has a photo then why cant we? Equality springs to mind.

I don't know how he got a photo, I'm just passing the information onto you lot. For further information on when and where the train will be click here: 1S13 1100 London Kings Cross to Edinburgh Waverley 

Thanks.