You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Bus Related Outings and Reviews

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews
(01 Mar 2015, 6:56 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote That's a great plan. Smile

Yes, I am a Chester-le-Street resident...a joke I've had in my while now regarding 'residents' is that instead of calling 3885-3891 the 'Native Presidents'...we should call them the 'Resident Presidents'. (I'm sorry).

There are things that, if you'd like to, would be easy to change, at Bedlington for example if you weren't quite ready for Greggs Wink , you could still get off/on at that stop, but then visit Ashington McDonalds when you get there, and as the 1 and 308 both run frequently it wouldn't change the timings too much, although you would have to get the later X2 home. 

(As bad as this may be, I found your joke quite amusing.....)
(01 Mar 2015, 7:13 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote I'm never going to look at 3823 the same way again...

It will never look at you again because of the way you abuse its home! If you're waiting at a bus stop and it comes along it'll do all it can to drive straight past...it hates you.
I've got a trip on Tyneside planned for Wednesday.

Not sure what to do for Saturday yet though, I was planning heading to Peterlee then onto Durham. But at the moment I can't decide what I want to do after that I don't know whether to head to Willington, Crook and Bishop Auckland or head up to Stanley and Consett. Suggestions?
(01 Mar 2015, 7:18 pm)Jimmi wrote I've got a trip on Tyneside planned for Wednesday.

Not sure what to do for Saturday yet though, I was planning heading to Peterlee then onto Durham. But at the moment I can't decide what I want to do after that I don't know whether to head to Willington, Crook and Bishop Auckland or head up to Stanley and Consett. Suggestions?

Because I'm lazy...

(01 Mar 2015, 6:24 pm)MurdnunoC wrote A tour of the suburbs of Western Gateshead.

Chopwell, High Spen, Rowlands Gill, Blaydon, Winlaton, Ryton, Crawcrook and Greenside.

Use GCT where there are no direct GNE links available. Venture down to Clara Vale or even up to Burnopfield and back while touring the estates of Rowlands Gill and Highfield.
Marxista Fozzski
(01 Mar 2015, 6:19 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Out of pure boredom, for next week's review - where would anyone like to see me visit?

If I get a handful, I may start taking requests each week...Angel
Hi Mate

Couple of suggestions for you

NO.1
Chester-Consett(8/78)
Consett-Hexham(689)
Hexham-Corbridge(10)
Corbridge-MetroCentre(10)
MetroCentre-Newcastle(43 or 44)
Newcastle-Gateshead(21)
Gateshead-Washington(X1)
Washington-Chester(50)

No.2
Chester-Houghton...36
Houghton-Hetton...X1 or X35
Hetton-Dalton Park...265
Dalton Park-Seaham...202
Seaham-Middlesbrough...X7
Middlesbrough-Darlington...X666
Darlington-Durham...7
Durham-Chester...21

couple ideaas to get you started mate
As I've picked Business for GCSE; my parents have decided (to try and help me be more considerate with finances or something, probably a good idea) to give me a monthly budget for my outings. Unfortunatley, I've been in bed all day with a headache and cold, but I've been working out something of a monthly plan...

Budget per month: £50.00 (includes all food purchased whilst out and about, as well as whenever I choose to go out with friends, on top of my weekly day out)

Proposed plan:
First Saturday of every month - North East Explorer - £9.50
- bit of money for lunch or in case of emergency...should come to £15.00
Second Saturday of every month - Get Around Day Ticket - £3.75
- bit of money for lunch or in case of emergency...should come to £10.00
Third Saturday of every month - North East Explorer - £9.50
Fourth Saturday of every month - Whatever I fancy from the leftovers - £?.??
- bit of money for lunch or in case of emergency...est. around £10.00

...think I'll be great at GCSE Business...Cool
Marxista Fozzski
(03 Mar 2015, 2:52 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote As I've picked Business for GCSE; my parents have decided (to try and help me be more considerate with finances or something, probably a good idea) to give me a monthly budget for my outings. Unfortunatley, I've been in bed all day with a headache and cold, but I've been working out something of a monthly plan...

Budget per month: £50.00 (includes all food purchased whilst out and about, as well as whenever I choose to go out with friends, on top of my weekly day out)

Proposed plan:
First Saturday of every month - North East Explorer - £9.50
Second Saturday of every month - Get Around Day Ticket - £3.75
- bit of money for lunch or in case of emergency...should come to £10.00
Third Saturday of every month - North East Explorer - £9.50
Fourth Saturday of every month - Whatever I fancy from the leftovers - £?.??
- bit of money for lunch or in case of emergency...est. around £10.00

...think I'll be great at GCSE Business...Cool
While I used to twist at being told how to handle money, it is actually good your parents are doing that, it will mean you live within your means and learn the value of money...Dont become as tight as a jews wallet though
(02 Mar 2015, 4:33 pm)MrFozz wrote Hi Mate

NO.1
Chester-Consett(8/78)
Consett-Hexham(689)
Hexham-Corbridge(10)
Newcastle-Gateshead(21)
Gateshead-Washington(X1)
Washington-Chester(50)

No.2
Chester-Houghton...36
Hetton-Dalton Park...265
Dalton Park-Seaham...202
Darlington-Durham...7
Durham-Chester...21

The X Six Hundred and Sixty Six.
- brought to you by Fozzways! Big Grin Tongue 
Here's a one, Marcus.

21: CLS to NCL
Walk: to Haymarket Metro
Metro: to Central Station
whatever you want to do, take pics etc
Northern Rail: NCL to MCE
Northern Rail: MCE to SUN
Metro: SUN to Airport
Metro: Airport to Regent Centre
X14/15/18: Regent Centre to Morpeth
35/35A: Morpeth to Ashington
X22: Ashington to Bedlington
2: Bedlington to Morpetht
X14/15/18: Morpeth to Newcastle
21: Newcastle to CLS
(02 Mar 2015, 4:33 pm)MrFozz wrote Hi Mate

NO.1
Chester-Consett(8/78)
Consett-Hexham(689)
Hexham-Corbridge(10)
Newcastle-Gateshead(21)
Gateshead-Washington(X1)
Washington-Chester(50)

No.2
Chester-Houghton...36
Hetton-Dalton Park...265
Dalton Park-Seaham...202
Darlington-Durham...7
Durham-Chester...21

Remember Durham 'Is a shithole'  Big Grin Tongue Wink
Long day out on Tyneside tomorrow (so long as I don't postpone this trip for what seems like the 100th time).

Still undecided about Saturday at the moment, originally I was thinking of doing a trip round County Durham then changed my plans to do a different trip round County Durham now I'm thinking of doing Hexham Huh

Really don't know what to do now, let's just see how I feel on Saturday.
(03 Mar 2015, 5:01 pm)Jimmi wrote Long day out on Tyneside tomorrow (so long as I don't postpone this trip for what seems like the 100th time).

Still undecided about Saturday at the moment, originally I was thinking of doing a trip round County Durham then changed my plans to do a different trip round County Durham now I'm thinking of doing Hexham Huh

Really don't know what to do now, let's just see how I feel on Saturday.

Hexham is boring, got through one hour before losing interest.

Why not turn to trains?
(03 Mar 2015, 5:14 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote Hexham is boring, got through one hour before losing interest.

Why not turn to trains?

I think Jimmi may have been considering having a little wander around the town centre while he was there...at the end of the day, it is a beautiful town.
(03 Mar 2015, 5:14 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote Hexham is boring, got through one hour before losing interest.

Why not turn to trains?

How is Hexham boring?

It's great I think, five different operators and as Marcus said, it's a beautiful town. 
(03 Mar 2015, 5:15 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote I think Jimmi may have been considering having a little wander around the town centre while he was there...at the end of the day, it is a beautiful town.

I do actually like to explore when I head to new places, I decided to explore Ashington whilst I was there once - only really because I was wanting some scran after heading to the X21/X22 Sapphire launch.
(03 Mar 2015, 5:18 pm)Tom wrote How is Hexham boring?

It's great I think, five different operators and as Marcus said, it's a beautiful town. 

I only been through it once when I headed to Carlisle on the 85/685 last year and looks nice.

Different people find different things interesting, chances are if I asked most of my friends if they wanted to go to Hexham they'd all probably say no but I will probably enjoy it when I go (whenever that may be) as I'll have my camera on hand for photos.

If it weren't for this hobby there has to be lots of places I would never have gone to had I not had an interest in this hobby examples: Ashington, Bedlington, Carlisle, Newbiggin Tynemouth and Washington.
(03 Mar 2015, 5:30 pm)Jimmi wrote I only been through it once when I headed to Carlisle on the 85/685 last year and looks nice.

Different people find different things interesting, chances are if I asked most of my friends if they wanted to go to Hexham they'd all probably say no but I will probably enjoy it when I go (whenever that may be) as I'll have my camera on hand for photos.

If it weren't for this hobby there has to be lots of places I would never have gone to had I not had an interest in this hobby examples: Ashington, Bedlington, Carlisle, Newbiggin Tynemouth and Washington.

Yeah I would have never of went to most places if it wasn't for the hobby.

I might visit a few new places on Saturday in County Durham. 
I promise to do a Detailed Review of my Outings this week on Sunday when I get back home from stopping at my Dads House, few surprises you may not expect usually from my local outings.
A few places I don't think I would have visited had it not been for my hobby...

1) Gateshead - nothing really there that interests my family, so we wouldn't have gone in any case other than my hobby (which has always been solo).

2) Consett - again, nothing really there that interests us. Even Stanley is a rare visit, normally just to Asda!

3) Washington - once more, nothing at the Galleries for us.
(03 Mar 2015, 6:03 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote A few places I don't think I would have visited had it not been for my hobby...

1) Gateshead - nothing really there that interests my family, so we wouldn't have gone in any case other than my hobby (which has always been solo).

2) Consett - again, nothing really there that interests us. Even Stanley is a rare visit, normally just to Asda!

Isn't the Galleries the main shopping centre nearest to Chester though? 
(03 Mar 2015, 6:03 pm)Tom wrote Isn't the Galleries the main shopping centre nearest to Chester though? 

The MetroCentre suits our needs, and is only 20-odd minutes from Chester-le-Street if the traffic isn't bad.

Also, my mam tends to do all of her shopping at Marks & Spencer at the Arnison Centre anyway.
(03 Mar 2015, 6:03 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote A few places I don't think I would have visited had it not been for my hobby...

Could go to Dalton Park... although, i would take a coat... its like a wind tunnel. 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(03 Mar 2015, 6:05 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote The MetroCentre suits our needs, and is only 20-odd minutes from Chester-le-Street if the traffic isn't bad.

Also, my mam tends to do all of her shopping at Marks & Spencer at the Arnison Centre anyway.

Ah okay!

Thought the Galleries might have been easier Smile