You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Bus Related Outings and Reviews

Bus Related Outings and Reviews

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews
(03 Mar 2015, 6:09 pm)citaro5284 wrote Its not just any pizza on a Saturday....its a Marks and Spencer Pizza  Tongue

Can't beat a take-away pizza though Tongue

Marks and Spencer's have the best food though, i could spend all my student loan there. 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(03 Mar 2015, 6:05 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote The MetroCentre suits our needs, and is only 20-odd minutes from Chester-le-Street if the traffic isn't bad.

Also, my mam tends to do all of her shopping at Marks & Spencer at the Arnison Centre anyway.

Certainly not down playing being quite posh are you.
(03 Mar 2015, 6:03 pm)Tom wrote Isn't the Galleries the main shopping centre nearest to Chester though? 

But why go to The Galleries when you could go Intu MetroCentre, pretty similar distances to be fair.
(03 Mar 2015, 6:11 pm)Michael wrote Can't beat a take-away pizza though Tongue

Marks and Spencer's have the best food though, i could spend all my student loan[Image: arrow-10x10.png] there. 

Most of the stuff is nice, especially the bakery.
The Pizzas are horrid. 
(03 Mar 2015, 6:11 pm)Michael wrote Can't beat a take-away pizza though Tongue

Marks and Spencer's have the best food though, i could spend all my student loan there. 

I agree takeaways are the best, and most of our food is bought from Marks and Spencers. 50/50, some of their stuff can be lovely and then some can leave you scarred for life. 
(03 Mar 2015, 6:13 pm)Tom wrote Most of the stuff is nice, especially the bakery.
The Pizzas are horrid. 

I'll avoid the pizza's, the fresh chicken is really nice, the bakery though.... is another story haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(03 Mar 2015, 6:14 pm)Michael wrote I'll avoid the pizza's, the fresh chicken is really nice, the bakery though.... is another story haha

My favourite is the Shortbread Chunks or the Cookies!
The Bakewell Tarts are canny too.
(03 Mar 2015, 6:15 pm)Tom wrote My favourite is the Shortbread Chunks or the Cookies!
The Bakewell Tarts are canny too.

We need to stop now or i'll have spend rest of my student loan tomorrow haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(03 Mar 2015, 6:13 pm)Malarkey wrote But why go to The Galleries when you could go Intu MetroCentre, pretty similar distances to be fair.

I know which of the two I'd sooner go to.

Been to both and Washington Galleries ain't the nicest of places I've been to.

MetroCentre is great if you have some money and are in the mood to buy things although it's shit when people practically shove you into the metal edge of Schuh's window. Hence why I didn't take the Nikon the other day.
(03 Mar 2015, 6:18 pm)leestransportphotos wrote Eh???.... What's wrong with Aldi! 5 bars of chocolate for £1

Aldi do some really nice food, i like Lidl's Jaffa Cakes, simply the best, better than all the rest............... Tongue 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(03 Mar 2015, 6:23 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Wow. That last bit though............................absolutely crying with laughter and I can't breathe!  Tongue 

haha thanks, they are though, you have to try them... haven't like any other jaffa cakes since haha 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
I hate going in Aldi especially the first time I went in to see if they had any cheap drinks that I wanted but they didn't and I ended up buying nothing and I couldn't get out because the gap by the check out was blocked and you could only leave through the doors by the checkouts so I had to wait until people came in the shop to leave.

Some of the food is quite nice.

My Aldi was opened by the woman from the advert that goes "I don't like tea, I like gin"
(03 Mar 2015, 6:27 pm)Tom wrote Jaffa Cakes are disgusting in my opinion! Can't stand them.

=0 but you haven't had Lidl's! haha 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Marxista Fozzski
(03 Mar 2015, 6:15 pm)leestransportphotos wrote You don't get the joke
Have you managed to convince Davie to goto Durbam yet...I told you what to do, give him a spiked glass of milk and drag him there

In the style of Mr T

I ain't going to Durham...Fool Big Grin
(03 Mar 2015, 6:05 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote The MetroCentre suits our needs, and is only 20-odd minutes from Chester-le-Street if the traffic isn't bad.

Also, my mam tends to do all of her shopping at Marks & Spencer at the Arnison Centre anyway.

I'd be asking her to double that £50.00 a month, if she can afford to do her weekly shop at M&S! 
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(03 Mar 2015, 10:59 pm)Adam wrote I'm popping into Lidl tomorrow. May have to get the Jaffa Cakes as well. Haven't had any in ages.

I think they're 89p, best jaffa cakes you will have.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Marxista Fozzski
(03 Mar 2015, 11:01 pm)Michael wrote I think they're 89p, best jaffa cakes you will have.
I will always prefer McVities Jaffa Cakes and Tesco Value Jaffa Cakes are divine as well...Gonna pop to Lidl tomorrow, get some Jaffa Cakes, then tell you if there nice or not Big Grin

BTW...Are they Cakes or Biscuits Big Grin
(03 Mar 2015, 11:08 pm)Adam wrote Definitely cakes. When past their best, biscuits go soft, whilst cakes go hard. Jaffa Cakes do go hard after a while Smile

That was the logic a judge used in a court case to decide whether VAT should be applied to them a few years ago.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'