You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015
8325 has regained Simplicity branding and looks smart with 8327 needs to be done
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
As I was going through Barley Mow earlier, I passed a Wright Cadet on service 82A. Now either my eyes were playing up or it was genuine but it looked as though the interior was the old 'arrows' moquette like the one shown?!!? (See the attached image) 

[Image: 11191007164_a25ba10660_n.jpg]
(05 Mar 2015, 6:06 pm)leestransportphotos wrote As I was going through Barley Mow earlier, I passed a Wright Cadet on service 82A. Now either my eyes were playing up or it was genuine but it looked as though the interior was the old 'arrows' moquette like the one[Image: arrow-10x10.png] shown?!!? (See the attached image) 

Would have probably been the 'Graffiti' moquette as opposed to the Arrows.
Site Administrator
(05 Mar 2015, 2:30 pm)Racer_Experience wrote 8325 has regained Simplicity branding and looks smart with 8327 needs to be done

It was only transferred back to Deptford yesterday so the vinyl-fitters must have done it last night.

5329 transferred back to Riverside this afternoon, so it may be worth waiting outside of ASDA tomorrow in an attempt of catching up with it on your turf. Wink 
(05 Mar 2015, 6:06 pm)leestransportphotos wrote As I was going through Barley Mow earlier, I passed a Wright Cadet on service 82A. Now either my eyes were playing up or it was genuine but it looked as though the interior was the old 'arrows' moquette like the one shown?!!? (See the attached image) 
I'm afraid your eyes were playing up  Shy 
(05 Mar 2015, 6:12 pm)RM2186 wrote I'm afraid your eyes were playing up  Shy 

Bloody criminal seeing these going to scrap, went like a stink and rarely on a lowloader. If Volvo had've continued the chassis in a low floor and Euro compliant form, they'd go like hotcakes no matter how fuel efficient modern vehicles are. In fact, I've been told that the Palatines returned the same MPG as the B7s on the TTX.
Site Administrator
(05 Mar 2015, 9:07 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote Bloody criminal seeing these going to scrap, went like a stink and rarely on a lowloader. If Volvo had've continued the chassis in a low floor and Euro compliant form, they'd go like hotcakes no matter how fuel efficient modern vehicles are. In fact, I've been told that the Palatines returned the same MPG as the B7s on the TTX.

Lee was talking about the DAF SB120/Wright Cadets rather than the Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renowns. Although it's probably heavily based on their set up (to produce a greater miles per gallon), the former lack power and are incredibly slow. The Volvo B10BLEs are the complete opposite, of course.
(06 Mar 2015, 6:48 am)Dan wrote Lee was talking about the DAF SB120/Wright Cadets rather than the Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renowns. Although it's probably heavily based on their set up (to produce a greater miles per gallon), the former lack power and are incredibly slow. The Volvo B10BLEs are the complete opposite, of course.

Wasn't talking about either of them, was talking about the Palatine 2 featured demonstratingthe arrows moquette. They'd out pretty much every low floor decker bar the DAF / VDL DB250 and Volvo B9TL to shame. Go like a stink and very rarely breakdown.
(05 Mar 2015, 6:11 pm)Dan wrote It was only transferred back to Deptford yesterday so the vinyl-fitters must have done it last night.

5329 transferred back to Riverside this afternoon, so it may be worth waiting outside of ASDA tomorrow in an attempt of catching up with it on your turf. Wink 

It's actually on Flickr right now 5329 check it out
Owner of Bella the Cat

I wish GNE would allow people to vote for a brand/rebrand design before repainting them. Like Nexus did with Central Station colours.
(06 Mar 2015, 2:44 pm)Panasonic44 wrote I wish GNE would allow people to vote for a brand/rebrand design before repainting them. Like Nexus did with Central Station colours.

I have no wish to change the TEN or Tynedale Express X84/X85 liveries.
I realise that the Tynedale Links need to be 'flexible' so the common yellow base colour is sufficient to identify vehicles for passengers when liveried vehicles are unavailable.
http://www.simplygo.com/news/the-hadrian...y-3-april/ might have been posted but could someone clarify if it has

(06 Mar 2015, 5:50 pm)Coppercap40 wrote 5329 in plain silver on the 27 today

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/16110529584/
Owner of Bella the Cat

(06 Mar 2015, 6:07 pm)Robert wrote It was posted in the 'upcoming service changes' thread by Michael earlier tonight.

thought it was posted in here instead 
Owner of Bella the Cat

(06 Mar 2015, 6:09 pm)Racer_Experience wrote thought it was posted in here instead 

Nope, all upcoming changes/diversions are posted in the GNE changes thread, =).
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(06 Mar 2015, 2:44 pm)Panasonic44 wrote I wish GNE would allow people to vote for a brand/rebrand design before repainting them. Like Nexus did with Central Station colours.

It should be up to a marketing department to develop a brand and promote it in a way that grows the market. You'd expect them to consult with passenger and focus groups along the way, but that all depends on the size of the budget. 
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(06 Mar 2015, 7:36 pm)aureolin wrote It should be up to a marketing department to develop a brand and promote it in a way that grows the market. You'd expect them to consult with passenger and focus groups along the way, but that all depends on the size of the budget. 

Or how much paint they have...  Big Grin
3972 looks to be on the 327.
Please tell me this hasn't transferred to Percy Main...
Site Administrator
(07 Mar 2015, 3:23 pm)Tom wrote 3972 looks to be on the 327.
Please tell me this hasn't transferred to Percy Main...
Riverside are providing extra buses for the 327 - have done for a week or so now. Usually the Olympians as the low floor double deckers are required for scholars, but as it's Saturday...!
(07 Mar 2015, 4:12 pm)Dan wrote Riverside are providing extra buses for the 327 - have done for a week or so now. Usually the Olympians as the low floor double deckers are required for scholars, but as it's Saturday...!

Thank god for that. 
Branded Gemini on the X1, looks to have possibly broken down on the roundabout on Hillside Way/Newbottle St heading towards Houghton.
Was coming from other direction, so couldn't make out why it was stopped in the middle of the roundabout.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(07 Mar 2015, 4:12 pm)Dan wrote Riverside are providing extra buses for the 327 - have done for a week or so now. Usually the Olympians as the low floor double deckers are required for scholars, but as it's Saturday...!

Any idea why? Thought it was down to the ferries being on maintenance but it looks like that has been going on since January and isn't actually the case this week anyway...

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Site Administrator
(08 Mar 2015, 12:45 am)tyresmoke wrote Any idea why? Thought it was down to the ferries being on maintenance but it looks like that has been going on since January and isn't actually the case this week anyway...

Percy Main is allocated four vehicles for use on the DFDS 327 contract (3866/67/90/91). As I understand it, the contract doesn't stipulate a set amount of buses required, and it is a case of Go North East supplying how many vehicles are needed on the day. As such, any extra workings on the 327 service come out of Percy Main's set number of double deckers which cover their scholars services.

Riverside (and previously Gateshead) have provided extra buses for years now, when required, never mind since January. It's more unusual for Riverside to cover extra workings on a weekend (as none of their double deckers are required for scholars), but a number of Percy Main's Tridents are on long-term VOR at present, hence the shortage with Riverside filling the void.
Site Administrator
The final former "SimpliCity" branded Optare Versa V1110/Optare based at Deptford, 8327 (NK11 GWY), has now arrived at Saltmeadows for repaint. This concludes the repainting of this batch of vehicles.
571/572 - withdrawn or just in need of repair?

Earlier in the week (Monday I think), the two OK livery darts were behind tow trucks heading up the A167 towards Chester?

Any ideas?
(08 Mar 2015, 8:02 am)Dan wrote Percy Main is allocated four vehicles for use on the DFDS 327 contract (3866/67/90/91). As I understand it, the contract doesn't stipulate a set amount of buses required, and it is a case of Go North East supplying how many vehicles are needed on the day. As such, any extra workings on the 327 service come out of Percy Main's set number of double deckers which cover their scholars services.

Riverside (and previously Gateshead) have provided extra buses for years now, when required, never mind since January. It's more unusual for Riverside to cover extra workings on a weekend (as none of their double deckers are required for scholars), but a number of Percy Main's Tridents are on long-term VOR at present, hence the shortage with Riverside filling the void.

Are all of the Northern ones VOR?
Never saw them for ages. 
Site Administrator
(08 Mar 2015, 10:12 am)47406 wrote 571/572 - withdrawn or just in need of repair?

Earlier in the week (Monday I think), the two OK livery darts were behind tow trucks heading up the A167 towards Chester?

Any ideas?

Both VOR since 05/03/15, so probably the day before when they were heading to Chester-le-Street.

(08 Mar 2015, 10:19 am)Tom wrote Are all of the Northern ones VOR?
Never saw them for ages. 

3870 and 3874 are the examples VOR. The former is currently at Smiles Engineering with an engine issue, whilst the latter is undergoing repair at Percy Main. Both have been VOR since mid-February.

I believe that Percy Main has six Volvo B7TLs and five Dennis Tridents spare. Seven of these are required for scholars services, meaning that Percy Main can cover a DFDS PVR of up to 8 vehicles using the four branded vehicles and four red spare double deckers (if no double deckers are VOR). Anything extra (which in recent weeks the PVR of the 327 has been up to 10 vehicles) has to be covered by Riverside.