You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015
(08 Mar 2015, 12:51 pm)Michael wrote Improvements to simplygo.com

http://gonortheast.blogspot.co.uk/2015/0...m.html?m=1

The new website is similar to the other Go-Ahead operator websites which are being converted - obviously in Go North East's red colourscheme.
Example below: http://www.konectbus.co.uk/

Looking forward to the uproar on the "Pricing" thread when the new website is released to the public...
(08 Mar 2015, 12:53 pm)Dan wrote The new website is similar to the other Go-Ahead operator websites which are being converted - obviously in Go North East's red colourscheme.
Example below: http://www.konectbus.co.uk/

Looking forward to the uproar on the "Pricing" thread when the new website is released to the public...

Using my phone atm but even using the mobile version is good, should be good when its done!

It's gonna be intresting to see how much a single fare costs... lets say from Chester to Town End Farm Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(08 Mar 2015, 12:59 pm)Michael wrote Using my phone atm but even using the mobile version is good, should be good when its done!

It's gonna be intresting to see how much a single fare costs... lets say from Chester to Town End Farm Tongue

Well a maximum return (3+ BuzzFare zones) is £7.30 - I'd imagine the single would be about £6.90, based on the fact there's never much difference between a single fare and a return? Of course, 3+ BuzzFare day ticket then costs £7.70.

Hopefully we see other operators in the region catching on and also implementing online fare calculators...
(08 Mar 2015, 1:17 pm)Dan wrote Well a maximum return (3+ BuzzFare zones) is £7.30 - I'd imagine the single would be about £6.90, based on the fact there's never much difference between a single fare and a return? Of course, 3+ BuzzFare day ticket then costs £7.70.

Hopefully we see other operators in the region catching on and also implementing online fare calculators...

Would like to see Stagecoach do something like that.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(08 Mar 2015, 1:17 pm)Dan wrote Well a maximum return (3+ BuzzFare zones) is £7.30 - I'd imagine the single would be about £6.90, based on the fact there's never much difference between a single fare and a return? Of course, 3+ BuzzFare day ticket then costs £7.70.

I can't see the single being £6.90?
Durham-South Shields is only £4.70.
Site Administrator
(08 Mar 2015, 3:45 pm)Tom wrote I can't see the single being £6.90?

I honestly don't know how much a single costs between those two locations - it was a guess based on the fact that singles are usually priced less than a £1.00 less than the return fare, and based on the distance, one would assume it would be the maximum return fare?

There's competition all the way along the 20/20A routes and the prices reflect that:
Durham - Sunderland (Arriva 22)
Sunderland - South Shields (Stagecoach E1/E2/E6)
Go North East's fare for the equivalent journey has to be priced similarly to what a single on both of those services would cost, as everyone would opt for those services otherwise. Obviously, as Go North East's journey time is quicker and it's a direct service, they could realistically afford to price it a little higher.
Site Administrator
Likely to be recorded in Go North East's fleet news tomorrow but Dennis MPD/Transbus Mini Pointer 540 (NA52 AXD) has been sold to Alpha Recovery, Weetslade, following its withdrawal due to extensive fire damage last month.

As recorded in our fleet news earlier today, Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown 4843 (R843 PRG) has transferred to Chester-le-Street in exchange for 4845 (R845 PRG).
Services operating via Monkwearmouth Bridge are diverting via Queen Alexandra Bridge due to an incident.Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Someone has reported its a massive gas leak.

No news from Stagecoach but i imagine they're going the same way.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
5390s destination for service X66 towards Metrocentre is wrong compared to the others. It reads 'express to intu Metrocentre...' rather than 'express intu Metrocentre...' as was shown by the Artics and is still shown by the solars[Image: arrow-10x10.png].
(08 Mar 2015, 6:59 pm)citaro5284 wrote Will check in the morning, but the Artic Mercs and 5390 use the same screen in the programme, so it should be the same. 

Can you alter destinations from where your job is based? If you can, i want your job (providing it doesnt include those dreaded spreadsheets...)
(08 Mar 2015, 6:59 pm)citaro5284 wrote Will check in the morning, but the Artic Mercs and 5390 use the same screen in the programme, so it should be the same. 

I know 5390 didn't have "intu" on the desty, this was back in the bendy days.
Site Administrator
(08 Mar 2015, 7:02 pm)Robert wrote Can you alter destinations from where your job is based? If you can, i want your job (providing it doesnt include those dreaded spreadsheets...)
Not directly.

We design the destinations in the HELEN destination software and save it. The displays on that programme are then uploaded to the bus by someone at the depot - apart from on the new buses! Wink
(08 Mar 2015, 7:05 pm)Dan wrote Not directly.

We design the destinations in the HELEN destination software and save it. The displays on that programme are then uploaded to the bus by someone at the depot - apart from on the new buses! Wink

SHUT UP!!!  Tongue

Yes yes yes lots of FLAMING StreetLiars!
(08 Mar 2015, 7:05 pm)Dan wrote Not directly.

We design the destinations in the HELEN destination software[Image: arrow-10x10.png] and save it. The displays on that programme are then uploaded to the bus by someone at the depot - apart from on the new buses! Wink

Ah, im pretty good with the HELEN software although if somebody asked me to do the latest NIS dest for GNE i wouldnt have a clue where to start.
(08 Mar 2015, 7:08 pm)citaro5284 wrote We can check the programme and do any amendments then ask the depots to upload the revised file to the vehicles concerned.  We are looking at wifi downloading thou so when the vehicle(s) goes back to the depot it automatically updates with the new file.

On a separate issue, also looking at the possibility of updating the destinations mid route to take off the via point once the vehicle has past that location.....something for my work colleague to work on in the future......haha!

I always wondered if that could be done - interesting one to work on!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(08 Mar 2015, 7:23 pm)tyresmoke wrote I always wondered if that could be done - interesting one to work on!

Is there wireless communication between buses during their journey and the depot?
(08 Mar 2015, 8:35 pm)aureolin wrote Bring back roller blinds. Wink

Must admit, although I barely remember them when I was little, they did look unique.

Would be quite interesting to see an old fashioned scroller on an Angel. Tongue

But, if they did re-introduce them, I'd like to see the type Lothian use.
Site Administrator
(08 Mar 2015, 8:46 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Must admit, although I barely remember them when I was little, they did look unique.

Would be quite interesting to see an old fashioned scroller on an Angel.

But, if they did re-introduce them, I'd like to see the type Lothian use.
Even Lothian are moving away from them now - they've proven troublesome in recent years so they're gradually being replaced with white LEDs.
(08 Mar 2015, 8:53 pm)citaro5284 wrote Old fashioned...

Not to mention expensive especially with service changes being common in the present climate

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(08 Mar 2015, 12:51 pm)Michael wrote Improvements to simplygo.com

http://gonortheast.blogspot.co.uk/2015/0...m.html?m=1

Filled it in. Couldn't enter the comp though, as the app isn't available to non-iphone or android users.

(08 Mar 2015, 3:45 pm)Tom wrote I can't see the single being £6.90?

Bargain (?) that, when it costs £4.00 for a journey less than half the distance between Houghton and Durham.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Question: I don't normally see the X40, unless I decide to have a short ride up to Regent Centre on some Arriva buses - and I couldn't help but notice the 2 runs I saw yesterday (one heading back to Newcastle behind my 43, the other on its way up to Great Park) were carrying fresh air.

Does the service get exceptionally busy at peak times?, etc, because during the day, I can't say when I've seen it, it looks like a healthy load is on it.

Thanks.
Aye, it's generally very busy at peak times with workers. Arriva used to use a decker on it and that used to be full to the rim.

Through the day it carries more or less fresh air as you say.
(10 Mar 2015, 1:36 pm)Andreos1 wrote http://www.hexhamcourant.co.uk/news/prud...-1.1196244#

More than 500 people sign petition, calling on the return of the 604.

It's just a case of re routing the 10.

500 people? Like all them people are going to use said service.  Rolleyes

Look at the 34 (Arriva), they petition it to call at Cambois; every 90 minutes and then hourly. No soul uses that bus to go to Cambois and North Blyth. Waste of money.