You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions

Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions
(03 Mar 2015, 5:56 pm)Tom wrote No problem!

I'm not sure but it's been busy the few times I've seen it. 

Getting worse, not sure if its because iv'e had so much uni work, iv'e gave up reading ha, iv'e certainty gave up caring about it haha

I rarely see the Red Kite services... looking forward to seen the brand on the Streetlites. 

Citaro, why didn't you tell GNE that most of us wanted the 7900H's this year.... Tongue 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Don't think any deckers are on order this financial year folks. It'll probably be next year but what type do you think they'll go for out of the following:

- Volvo B5TL Gemini 3, Wright Daimler Streetdeck, Optare Daimler Metrodecker, ADL Cummins E400 MMC, ADL Scania E400 MMC.

I'd say that GNE would probably go for the Steetdeck but, they could perhaps go with ADL E400 MMC like what First do despite them ordering Streetlites for single decks.
(06 Mar 2015, 7:16 pm)citaro5284 wrote I wonder when the first of the new vehicles will be arriving..... Angel

You made me rush to here when I saw your username on the forum's latest post thing.

There's one in the area around Gateshead isn't there? 
(06 Mar 2015, 7:16 pm)citaro5284 wrote I wonder when the first of the new vehicles will be arriving..... Angel

I'm sure the occasion will be marked by Saltmeadows going into meltdown, because one or two morons have let themselves in for a photo. 
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(06 Mar 2015, 7:32 pm)aureolin wrote I'm sure the occasion will be marked by Saltmeadows going into meltdown, because one or two morons have let themselves in for a photo. 

I agree, someone will spoil it.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(06 Mar 2015, 7:32 pm)aureolin wrote I'm sure the occasion will be marked by Saltmeadows going into meltdown, because one or two morons have let themselves in for a photo. 

I think I know one member of the forum who will be inside with his camera legally of course Rolleyes
(06 Mar 2015, 7:35 pm)Michael wrote I agree, someone will spoil it.

Aye, it baffles me. People that desperate to have the first photo, that they'll actually risk their safety and arrest to get it.

It'd be nice to see GNE (and Arriva actually) do what Stagecoach have done in 2014 though, and hold depot open days to mark the event. I went to both the Sunderland one in Feb, and the Stockton one in September(?), and they seemed to be a massive hit.

Good chance for them to show off to the press too.
(06 Mar 2015, 7:39 pm)aureolin wrote Aye, it baffles me. People that desperate to have the first photo, that they'll actually risk their safety and arrest to get it.

It'd be nice to see GNE (and Arriva actually) do what Stagecoach have done in 2014 though, and hold depot open days to mark the event. I went to both the Sunderland one in Feb, and the Stockton one in September(?), and they seemed to be a massive hit.

Good chance for them to show off to the press too.

Do we think I'd be okay taking photos from outside Arriva's Darlington depot, standing on public footpath outside the depot although looking at Google Maps it will probably be pretty tricky to get photos from outside Darlington depot.

I would NEVER even dream of going into a depot to take photos.
Site Administrator
(06 Mar 2015, 7:47 pm)Jimmi wrote Do we think I'd be okay taking photos from outside Arriva's Darlington depot, standing on public footpath outside the depot although looking at Google Maps it will probably be pretty tricky to get photos from outside Darlington depot.

I would NEVER even dream of going into a depot to take photos.

Yes - you can take photos of buses inside of bus depots from the pavement outside.
Marxista Fozzski
(06 Mar 2015, 7:50 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Looking forward to Dan's first shots of these new vehicles.......Big Grin

#danfan
#fanofdan
Before I wear an old joke thin...

Dan is looking forward to the first words out of your mouth that are being directed at him
(03 Mar 2015, 4:46 pm)Robert wrote Can't remember anything about that personally? As usual though, i could have missed a post.
They tested the Lothian Gemini 3 on the Toon Link routes, but I don't remember hearing about any potential orders.
I wonder if the x66 streetlites arrive first, if the red solars on the x66 will replace 4843, 4853-5 at chester or if they'll simply hang on until the lime examples arrive?
(09 Mar 2015, 9:59 pm)nk55 wrote I wonder if the x66 streetlites arrive first, if the red solars on the x66 will replace 4843, 4853-5 at chester or if they'll simply hang on until the lime examples arrive?

I still need to ride the last of the Limes before they're withdrawn.

Really looing forward to seen how the streetlites cope on the lime.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(09 Mar 2015, 10:16 pm)citaro5284 wrote The X66 vehicles are first.

No hint on a delivery date  Angel
Just saw Souter's orders for 2015-2016 and looks like they've got MK1 bodied Euro 6 Scania E400s on order. Could be a possibility for Go North East if they order this year, would be cheap as chips and would provide a good reliable upgrade to the Pronto. Bodywork would still rattle like mad but the power and low cost would make up for it.
(10 Mar 2015, 9:44 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote Just saw Souter's orders for 2015-2016 and looks like they've got MK1 bodied Euro 6 Scania E400s on order. Could be a possibility for Go North East if they order this year, would be cheap as chips and would provide a good reliable upgrade to the Pronto. Bodywork would still rattle like mad but the power and low cost would make up for it.

Davey, I'm sure Souter has got you on commission for ADL. Smile
I'm not bothered about ADL, I'm more bothered about punters being stuck in the middle of nowhere when a tiny turbocharged engine packs in. Kudos to Scania / ADL for keeping heavyweight deckers on the market for Euro 6.
Site Administrator
A quote from Kevin Carr in relation to Passenger Focus results here confirms the new Streetlites ordered this year will be the Micro-Hybrid version.
(12 Mar 2015, 5:42 pm)citaro5284 wrote I wonder if there is anymore buses coming other than the Streetlites we know about?

I'd hope so, or it's the most disappointing and unimaginative order for a long time.
Probs see a decker order, think GNE would want to start getting rid of the NONE DDA deckers early.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(12 Mar 2015, 5:54 pm)citaro5284 wrote As long as the order is practical, rather than been imaginative is the main purpose.
Of course. Practicality is the key, but imagination grabs customer attention.

Deckers for the 56 last year - practical. Everyone and their dog knew deckers were coming, because of the years of capacity issues.

Solo SRs with WiFi and next stop. announcements, replacing clapped out MPDs - both practical and imaginative. Nobody guessed this, least of all the Consett residents, who had long complained about their 'crap old yellow buses'.
Site Administrator
(12 Mar 2015, 5:59 pm)aureolin wrote Of course. Practicality is the key, but imagination grabs customer attention.

Deckers for the 56 last year - practical. Everyone and their dog knew deckers were coming, because of the years of capacity issues.

Solo SRs with WiFi and next stop. announcements, replacing clapped out MPDs - both practical and imaginative. Nobody guessed this, least of all the Consett residents, who had long complained about their 'crap old yellow buses'.

The Solo SRs allocated to the "Venture" group of services only feature the provision of Next Stop Announcements. Sadly, they don't feature Wi-Fi.

We know that mini/midibuses have an expected life span of 12 years and that anything bigger has an expected life span of 15. This is the starting point for any year, when putting in guesses for the vehicle size that will be invested in. Of course, DDA-compliance is an additional factor to keep in mind, but buses can also be converted to meet DDA specification too, so best not to get too hung up on this one.
Wonder if some B10BLE's will be refurbished/converted to DDA spec then, especially renowns after 4910?
(12 Mar 2015, 5:51 pm)aureolin wrote I'd hope so, or it's the most disappointing and unimaginative order for a long time.

My current prediction for orders:

''Lime'' Services 8/8A/78/78A - current PVR of 13 vehicles - 13 branded vehicles and 2 corporate liveried spares.
''Red Kite'' Services 45/46 - current PVR of 9 vehicles - 9 branded vehicles and 1 corporate liveried spare.
''X66'' Service X66 - current PVR of 4/5* vehicles - 4 branded vehicles.

*PVR of 5 on Saturdays, 4 on Monday-Friday and Sunday(?). 

Obviously, this has already been established, but I thought to go over it again. However, this would be the consequent cascades that I am forecasting:

''Lime'' Services upgraded - allowing up to 15 vehicles to be taken off front-line duties.

Chester-le-Street's Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown 4843 will be withdrawn immediately. 4906, 4907 and 4909 are transferred to Riverside, allowing 4845 and 4846 to be withdrawn too. 4853, 4854 and 4855 also withdrawn - with Chester-le-Street's Lime PVR being 7, this could work. The spare Streetlite also providing an extra spare vehicle at the depot, allowing 4896 to also be transferred out, possibly even withdrawn too. 

When the Streetlites roll into Stanley, it will allow Volvo B10BLEs 4897, 4898, 4899, 4900, 4901 and 4902 to be withdrawn as each individual arrives. For example: first Streetlites enters the depot, 4897 makes it's way to Riverside, and so on. Must be said though, that I think with 4841 being a bit of an odd-one-out in the ''Toon Link'' branded group, the cascade of 4906, 4908 and 4909 to Riverside could allow it's withdrawal.

''X66'' Service upgraded - allowing up to 4 vehicles to be taken off front-line duties.

Although I don't know if any vehicles will really be withdrawn following the introduction into service of the X66 Streetlites, I'm sure it was mentioned previously that the vehicles would be amongst the first to arrive following purchase. I imagine the spares currently allocated on a daily basis after the departure of the X66 bendies will remain in service, as the majority are, at the end of the day, still DDA and thus able to stay in service. Chances are 4843 and 4853-55 will be withdrawn from Chester-le-Street and the aforementioned group of vehicles will be sent along to keep the vehicle numbers at the same level.

''Red Kite'' Services upgraded - allowing up to 10 vehicles to be taken off front-line duties.
I *predict* that 5234-5242 will be put into the corporate fleet livery following the arrival of Streetlites for their current brand. 5234, 5235 and 5236 will replace 4903 and 4904 at Stanley, but also the often forgotton 4847. 5237-5240 then replace B10BLEs 4906-4909, by this point at Riverside. 5241 and 5242 allow the withdrawal of 4910 and 4911, also at Riverside.

Anyway, there's my prediction for the subsequent cascades after the arrival of these new vehicles... Now, I need a drink! Big Grin

Marcus
(12 Mar 2015, 6:29 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote My current prediction for orders:

''Lime'' Services 8/8A/78/78A - current PVR of 13 vehicles - 13 branded vehicles and 2 corporate liveried spares.
''Red Kite'' Services 45/46 - current PVR of 9 vehicles - 9 branded vehicles and 1 corporate liveried spare.
''X66'' Service X66 - current PVR of 4/5* vehicles - 4 branded vehicles.

*PVR of 5 on Saturdays, 4 on Monday-Friday and Sunday(?). 

Obviously, this has already been established, but I thought to go over it again. However, this would be the consequent cascades that I am forecasting:

''Lime'' Services upgraded - allowing up to 15 vehicles to be taken off front-line duties.

Chester-le-Street's Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown 4843 will be withdrawn immediately. 4906, 4907 and 4909 are transferred to Riverside, allowing 4845 and 4846 to be withdrawn too. 4853, 4854 and 4855 also withdrawn - with Chester-le-Street's Lime PVR being 7, this could work. The spare Streetlite also providing an extra spare vehicle at the depot, allowing 4896 to also be transferred out, possibly even withdrawn too. 

When the Streetlites roll into Stanley, it will allow Volvo B10BLEs 4897, 4898, 4899, 4900, 4901 and 4902 to be withdrawn as each individual arrives. For example: first Streetlites enters the depot, 4897 makes it's way to Riverside, and so on. Must be said though, that I think with 4841 being a bit of an odd-one-out in the ''Toon Link'' branded group, the cascade of 4906, 4908 and 4909 to Riverside could allow it's withdrawal.

''X66'' Service upgraded - allowing up to 4 vehicles to be taken off front-line duties.

Although I don't know if any vehicles will really be withdrawn following the introduction into service of the X66 Streetlites, I'm sure it was mentioned previously that the vehicles would be amongst the first to arrive following purchase. I imagine the spares currently allocated on a daily basis after the departure of the X66 bendies will remain in service, as the majority are, at the end of the day, still DDA and thus able to stay in service. Chances are 4843 and 4853-55 will be withdrawn from Chester-le-Street and the aforementioned group of vehicles will be sent along to keep the vehicle numbers at the same level.

''Red Kite'' Services upgraded - allowing up to 10 vehicles to be taken off front-line duties.
I *predict* that 5234-5243 will be put into the corporate fleet livery following the arrival of Streetlites for their current brand. 5234, 5235 and 5236 will replace 4903 and 4904 at Stanley, but also the often forgotton 4847. 5237-5240 then replace B10BLEs 4906-4909, by this point at Riverside. 5241 and 5242 allow the withdrawal of 4910 and 4911, also at Riverside, and 5243 provides a dedicated spare for the X66.

Anyway, there's my prediction for the subsequent cascades after the arrival of these new vehicles... Now, I need a drink! Big Grin

Marcus

the Red Kites are 5234-5242, 5243 is a Cobalt Connect omnicity.