Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2013

RE: Go North East
(07 Aug 2013, 1:07 pm)Daniel wrote
(07 Aug 2013, 1:01 pm)Michael wrote Sorry i forgot, wonder if the full route for the 1 will still run every 15 mins or decrease to every 20 mins.

Oh so the Coaster could loose the Omi's?

Lose, but also gain. Same for the Cobalt Clipper and Northern branded Omnis at Percy Main.

3964 is having her second day on the X10, while sister 63 is running 30 mins late on the X9.

Interesting, if they are moving i wonder if they would end up on Lime.. but what would end up on the coaster?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(07 Aug 2013, 1:08 pm)Michael wrote
(07 Aug 2013, 1:07 pm)Daniel wrote
(07 Aug 2013, 1:01 pm)Michael wrote Sorry i forgot, wonder if the full route for the 1 will still run every 15 mins or decrease to every 20 mins.

Oh so the Coaster could loose the Omi's?

Lose, but also gain. Same for the Cobalt Clipper and Northern branded Omnis at Percy Main.

3964 is having her second day on the X10, while sister 63 is running 30 mins late on the X9.

Interesting, if they are moving i wonder if they would end up on Lime.. but what would end up on the coaster?

The Coaster is keeping the Omnicities. Look at the GNE fleet list and search for Percy's Omnis. You'll be able to predict what is being repainted as what if you consider what Rob has just said - they are being repainted so that they will be in a normal allocated set (just like how all Silver Arrows are grouped together etc).
Oh right, sorry i totally read it all wrong, so all of Percy mains omi's are getting re-painted except for the Cobolt connect, it does seem the best idea to group them together.

To many re-paints happening atm im lost haha

Thanks for the news on the Quaylink Rumor Rob. =)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(07 Aug 2013, 11:22 am)Daniel wrote My mum has just phoned me questioning why there is a yellow bus with "East Durham" on the side on the normal 39 runs today... Bless!
Arrived Wavendon heading to Pennywell approx 5 mins ago. Not sure if it was a Deptford example or a Peterlee one though. Just in case anyone wants a photo!

Are ''East Durham'' buses on the 39 even unusual? There was on on yesterday too!
(07 Aug 2013, 12:29 pm)Daniel wrote 5266 has just departed Saltmeadows to return to Percy Main, wearing a fresh coat of blue.
5261 is being repainted now.

Also an OK Expressway Scania and a X66 Citaro from I seen passing at 2pm
Site Administrator
(07 Aug 2013, 2:47 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote
(07 Aug 2013, 12:29 pm)Daniel wrote 5266 has just departed Saltmeadows to return to Percy Main, wearing a fresh coat of blue.
5261 is being repainted now.

Also an OK Expressway Scania and a X66 Citaro from I seen passing at 2pm

5229 arrived whenever I first noted it. Has been there ever since.
Merc arrived with a missing window earlier today.

3979 is still there too.
Site Administrator
(07 Aug 2013, 1:27 pm)Michael wrote Oh right, sorry i totally read it all wrong, so all of Percy mains omi's are getting re-painted except for the Cobolt connect, it does seem the best idea to group them together.

To many re-paints happening atm im lost haha

Thanks for the news on the Quaylink Rumor Rob. =)

Not all, just the ones that need to be done so that they're all grouped together.
Site Administrator
(07 Aug 2013, 2:00 pm)W179SCU wrote
(07 Aug 2013, 11:22 am)Daniel wrote My mum has just phoned me questioning why there is a yellow bus with "East Durham" on the side on the normal 39 runs today... Bless!
Arrived Wavendon heading to Pennywell approx 5 mins ago. Not sure if it was a Deptford example or a Peterlee one though. Just in case anyone wants a photo!

Are ''East Durham'' buses on the 39 even unusual? There was on on yesterday too!

More common on the shorts than normal runs. Short runs don't have a proper allocation, just whatever is spare.
1001 Freshly Repainted - Note Unidentified Orbit Optare Versa Minus it's front end
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9457280211/

4949 Poppybus on the 58
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9460059198/

4855 Lime on the 28
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9457279177/

3967 on the 307 on Loan to Percy Main from Deptford
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9457279715/

And Finally a one we don't many photos of and is not an odd working is 4911 Cobalt Clipper on the 310
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9457278275/
NEB Admin Team
Unregistered
Don't believe it's been posted here yet - apologies if it has!

Changes from 1 September - timetables coming soon...

http://www.simplygo.com/news/bus-service...ember-2013#

The change to the Coaster has appeared online on Traveline. Preliminary timings suggest 8 vehicles on the long Whitley Bay - Wrekenton service, and 6 vehicles on the short service to Gateshead. In Wrekenton, it appears buses will take 11 minutes layover on the High Street. Journeys that terminate at Gateshead appear to take a 5 minute layover at the Interchange. Traveline don't show every stop this far in advance of a change so the specific stop for Whitley Bay Bournemouth Gardens isn't recognised, but it seems buses will take around 8 minutes layover at Whitley Bay. 14 branded buses and one Northern spare perhaps?

Whitley Bay - Wrekenton - Whitley Bay

.jpg 1 Whitley Bay - Wrekenton.jpg

.jpg 1 Wrekenton - Whitley Bay.jpg

Whitley Bay - Gateshead - Whitley Bay

.jpg 1 Whitley Bay - Gateshead.jpg

.jpg 1 Gateshead - Whitley Bay.jpg
Thanks alot, seems more slight changes, nice to see 3 more express services

39 changing again, along with most other services be intresting to see the changes fully.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Have GNE not learned from last time when service 1 was extended passed Gateshead into Gateshead area, where the buses was always late and not turning up due to if there was a delay or big delay on north Tyneside then the southern end gets the flack of no buses and vice versa as buses were taken off to be put back on time.

(07 Aug 2013, 12:00 pm)big mac wrote I can't think of any services GNE run today which still have a diversion on the last journey to avoid the pubs.

Only all those southbound services which omit Newgate Street during late evenings. Mind, much of that is due to the antics of taxis, rather than rowdy customer/pedestrian behaviour.
(07 Aug 2013, 5:36 pm)Michael wrote Thanks alot, seems more slight changes, nice to see 3 more express services

39 changing again, along with most other services be intresting to see the changes fully.

It just states minor timetable changes for service 39 so nothing big is getting changed.

X39 is pointless - They already have the 58X, so there is absolutely no demand for another service, more or less the same.

Don't like the ''Coaster'' changes at all. Extending the 1 to Wrekenton is not a good idea. There will be buses running late all of the time. Reliability has been good since the last changes, but that will soon change...

Otherwise, generally good! Smile
Banned
(07 Aug 2013, 5:50 pm)JakeSavage wrote "New Express Buses from Hexham to Newcastle from 8 August"

Erm, September ?

tried to find x84/5 on traveline and they weren't on

and x39 is 3 journeys to cobalt at 7/8:25/7:55

and there is 2 other buses to cobalt at the same time the 309 and arriva's x9
NEB Admin Team
Unregistered
I tried looking for the X84/85 too but there's no sign of them yet. Hopefully everything will be online at simplygo soon. On a hunch, I checked the 17 on Traveline and it appears the bus I get to work on a morning will no longer run which I'm gutted about, but not surprised about really Undecided
(07 Aug 2013, 6:20 pm)Brandon wrote I tried looking for the X84/85 too but there's no sign of them yet. Hopefully everything will be online at simplygo soon. On a hunch, I checked the 17 on Traveline and it appears the bus I get to work on a morning will no longer run which I'm gutted about, but not surprised about really Undecided

oh that's not good, i was always worrying about my bus i used to get on a morning withdrawn
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Reporter
http://www.simplygo.com/news/bus-service...ember-2013 anyone interested 1 is getting extended to wrekenton with 1A on evenings will increase to hourly so no more 24/24A whats X39 gonna use any clues? or it may be part of cobalt clipper brand and use there existing vehicles X84/X85 will be popular i think and arriva will better up there game Service X85 runs fast and direct via A69, calling at Horsley and Heddon Service X84 will make quick stops in Ovingham, Wylam, Heddon and Throckley on the way. plus minor changes on these changes

Coaster 1
South Tyne 5
Lime 8/78/78A
Northern 13/14
Centurion 17/17A
OK Way 18
Angel 21
Northern 24/24A (replaced by Coaster 1)
Waggonway 28/28A
Lambton Worm 34/34A
Northern 39
North Tyne Links 40/41
Diamond 43/44
Red Kite 45/46
ToonLink 47
Whey Aye 50
Northern 71
South Tyne 88/88A
Venture 130
Centurion 307
Cobalt Clipper 309/310
Northern 391
Venture V1/V2
Venture V8
Venture V9
Pronto X21
Northern X25
Northern X30/X31
Great Park X40
Pronto X46
Northern X70/X71

all this is happening 1st september right in time before my holidays
So they're giving it another punt for a commuter service to Cobalt?
Wonder what will be different between now and their last failed attempt?
NEB Admin Team
Unregistered
Cheers! :s I can get the 40 half way there which I've done before but that involves a 20 minute walk alongside some fields which sets my hay fever which isn't good either! Tongue
(07 Aug 2013, 6:30 pm)Brandon wrote Cheers! :s I can get the 40 half way there which I've done before but that involves a 20 minute walk alongside some fields which sets my hay fever which isn't good either! Tongue

haha it would set mine off to = (

Michael "sighs", bazza the link was already posted but thanks for giving full details
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
Worth noting that the latest set of changes also list 'Northern 39' seemingly confirming the end of Doxford clipper once and for all. Most services will probably have the updated timetables after these changes too.