You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015
1314 has now been delivered and is on the 1500 service 5, currently heading through aycliffe

Also 1307 has been taken off the 8s due to a oil leak
(18 Mar 2015, 2:29 pm)Kuyoyo wrote E400s NK15 ACF/J have arrived at Jesmond depot.

Information from Andrew Scott on 'Arriva UK Enthusiasts' Facebook Group  
Indeed they are, https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@...855101371/

1611 was being towed away by Alpha Recovery when I was there too.
(17 Mar 2015, 10:48 pm)davis wrote from experience I would like to point out the problem with the enviros at ashington. they have ALL been fitted with this new restrictive throttle control called econospeed. It is designed to replicate the acceleration of a careful eco driver. on the 64 plates (haven't drove any 14 plates, but I assume they are the same) the system was factory fitted, the bus is slower than normal in accelerating, and similar to how the 57 plates used to run when in d rate mode. however, the refurbs were fitted at that time, and the bus will NOT accelerate downhill. it is as if the only force is gravity pulling you down. on flat and uphill it is slightly better, but still painfully slow. however Arriva report a 10% reduction in fuel usage on these vehicles, which considering the lack of passengers compared to expected growth, they really cant afford to change. And yes there are certain drivers who will not try and keep to time and never have, and they now have a perfect excuse. driving style doesn't really come into it, if you are heavy footed and try to push the bus, the econospeed system slows you down.

if you ever see one alongside a stagecoach version pulling up at hancock museum, you can clearly see the difference. stagecoach ones leave arriva for dead.

Aye, I heard about the Econospeed system.

The other thing that is wrong with the refurbs is that Thornton's have done a dreadful job at reprinting the interior. The seat behind the driver still has the original pastel lime colour around the light. Some moulded seats have hardly any cushion and then some have a reasonable amount. This is normally found at the front of the bus.

if you're an Ashington driver, you probably know who I am Wink
(18 Mar 2015, 4:18 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote Aye, I heard about the Econospeed system.

The other thing that is wrong with the refurbs is that Thornton's have done a dreadful job at reprinting the interior. The seat behind the driver still has the original pastel lime colour around the light. Some moulded seats have hardly any cushion and then some have a reasonable amount. This is normally found at the front of the bus.

if you're an Ashington driver, you probably know who I am Wink

I think the refurbishment of them is to a very good standard, paint is always going to slightly chip with use. The cushions are the same, they will get worn more based on the amount of people that sit there.

I think the Econospeed needs to be removed, after all the Enviro's are all used on "express" routes, that need a good amount of speed in some areas, fitting a system that limits acceleration on these vehicles is a terrible decision, maybe if they ran on time Arriva would see the growth expected... 
(18 Mar 2015, 4:30 pm)mb134 wrote I think the refurbishment of them is to a very good standard, paint is always going to slightly chip with use. The cushions are the same, they will get worn more based on the amount of people that sit there.

I think the Econospeed needs to be removed, after all the Enviro's are all used on "express" routes, that need a good amount of speed in some areas, fitting a system that limits acceleration on these vehicles is a terrible decision, maybe if they ran on time Arriva would see the growth expected... 

As Davey says the Nedderton section needs to go. No one uses it.

Chip? You should take a closer look around the light, that ain't chipping.

7508's power sockets don't work.
(18 Mar 2015, 4:38 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote As Davey says the Nedderton section needs to go. No one uses it.

Chip? You should take a closer look around the light, that ain't chipping.

7508's power sockets don't work.
I know for a fact that people do use the Nedderton section, especially the section along from Bedlington main street. 

Any bus in particular? I don't often sit on that seat, so I'll have a look next time I get on one.
(18 Mar 2015, 4:48 pm)mb134 wrote I know for a fact that people do use the Nedderton section, especially the section along from Bedlington main street. 

Any bus in particular? I don't often sit on that seat, so I'll have a look next time I get on one.

Forgot the fleet number.

Possibly 7502 and there's another one.
(18 Mar 2015, 4:53 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote Forgot the fleet number.

Possibly 7502 and there's another one.
I'll try and remember to have a look next time I'm on one, I know when I was on 7507 last week some of the silver paint on the handrail had chipped and the original yellow was clear.
Oh dear...
Bus X21 15:38 Newbiggin-by-the-Sea Seacrest Road to Newcastle upon Tyne Haymarket Bus Station + 60
(18 Mar 2015, 5:23 pm)Tom wrote Oh dear...
Bus X21 15:38 Newbiggin-by-the-Sea Seacrest Road to Newcastle upon Tyne Haymarket Bus Station + 60
Think that'll either be 7502 or 7504, they were the 14.28/48 through Bedlington on their way to Newbiggin.
(18 Mar 2015, 5:23 pm)Tom wrote Oh dear...

Surely that should be cancelled.
(18 Mar 2015, 7:12 pm)Jimmi wrote MAXimum built quality on 7618

Shouldn't be on the road like that. It could cause someone damage if it became loose. Not to mention the potential vandalism to the destination equipment, which really would force the bus off the road.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(18 Mar 2015, 7:15 pm)aureolin wrote Shouldn't be on the road like that. It could cause someone damage if it became loose. Not to mention the potential vandalism to the destination equipment, which really would force the bus off the road.

No it shouldn't, it is nothing new either as I've seen buses held together like this 1304 had the bit at the front held on with this for several months when it was previously at Darlington depot.
(18 Mar 2015, 7:15 pm)aureolin wrote Shouldn't be on the road like that. It could cause someone damage if it became loose. Not to mention the potential vandalism to the destination equipment, which really would force the bus off the road.

Might be secure and locked, but the sticker is been used to stop it rattling.
(18 Mar 2015, 7:20 pm)citaro5284 wrote Might be secure and locked, but the sticker is been used to stop it rattling.

The panel is overhanging at the bottom, when it should surely be flush? Not to mention the two patches to the top right of that same panel, which look like they've previously had a sticker on them, and it's taken the paintwork off when they've been removed.
(18 Mar 2015, 7:27 pm)aureolin wrote The panel is overhanging at the bottom, when it should surely be flush? Not to mention the two patches to the top right of that same panel, which look like they've previously had a sticker on them, and it's taken the paintwork off when they've been removed.

If you think that's bad you should have seen the cab window of 1924 until it got replaced.... Nothing more annoying than rattles lol!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(18 Mar 2015, 9:53 pm)tyresmoke wrote If you think that's bad you should have seen the cab window of 1924 until it got replaced.... Nothing more annoying than rattles lol!
One or two of Durham's ALX400s had the safety screen stuck open with them stickers. Madness!
(18 Mar 2015, 9:55 pm)aureolin wrote One or two of Durham's ALX400s had the safety screen stuck open with them stickers. Madness!

Weekly wallets come in handy for lots of things..... The flap where the coolant filler etc is on Cadets have clips that are next to useless so weekly wallets are very good at keeping them closed.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(18 Mar 2015, 10:18 pm)tyresmoke wrote Weekly wallets come in handy for lots of things..... The flap where the coolant filler etc is on Cadets have clips that are next to useless so weekly wallets are very good at keeping them closed.

If it wasn't for weekly wallets, the VOR list would be double what it is!