Menu

Pages (60)    121 22 2360   
omnicity4659   10 Mar 2015, 5:16 pm
(10 Mar 2015, 5:10 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Whoops! Typo - I contacted National Rail not Network Rail! Tongue

You're better off buying an Explorer, as things are complicated.

http://www.networkonetickets.co.uk/ticke...er-tickets

(Look at the Metro, Bus, Train and Ferry section in orange, it states "Most buses, Blaydon to Sunderland rail service and Shields Ferry")
Tom   10 Mar 2015, 5:17 pm
(10 Mar 2015, 5:16 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote You're better off buying an Explorer, as things are complicated.

http://www.networkonetickets.co.uk/ticke...er-tickets

(Look at the Metro, Bus, Train and Ferry section in orange, it states "Most buses, Blaydon to Sunderland rail service and Shields Ferry")

So spending £8.40 more is the way forward?
omnicity4659   10 Mar 2015, 5:18 pm
This is the Nexus U16 CAT, Tyne and Wear residents only.

Valid on: METRO BUSES FERRY RAIL
Less information
Young people who have an Under 16 Pop Card can travel on public transport in Tyne and Wear for just £1.10 a day by buying a CAT (Child All-day Ticket).

Don't have an Under 16 Pop Card?
For young people aged under 16 who don't have an Under 16 Pop Card (including those who live outside Tyne and Wear), the following options are available.

Commercial child transfare ticket
Buy a Transfare ticket when you want to travel on two types of transport to make your journey - eg bus and Metro, Metro and ferry, rail and bus, and bus and bus in some areas (call Traveline on 0871 200 22 33 for details). You must get on your second choice of transport within 90 minutes of buying your ticket. The price varies depending upon the operator, as this is a commercial, not concessionary ticket. If you are (or look like you are) 14 or over, you will be charged the adult fare.

Junior Rover
A ticket for children which offers one day's unlimited travel within Tyne and Wear.

Buy a Junior Rover from Metro ticket machines, from all drivers of major bus operators' services, drivers of some smaller operator's services or onboard the Shields Ferry.

For full details about where to buy, where you can travel and prices visit www.networkonetickets.co.uk.

Note: Valid on almost all local bus services/Sunderland-Blaydon rail service only.

Explorer North East child
Valid for children (under 14) at a concessionary price and offers a whole day's unlimited travel in Tyne and Wear and beyond.

For full details about where to buy, where you can travel and prices visit www.explorernortheast.co.uk.

Children under 5
Accompanied children aged under five travel free on all public transport in Tyne and Wear.

Under 16 Card Application.pdf
Adrian   10 Mar 2015, 5:19 pm
Big Grin

I think I'll give my taxi driver £90 for a £10 set fare next week, just in case things get a bit complicated.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
omnicity4659   10 Mar 2015, 5:19 pm
(10 Mar 2015, 5:17 pm)Tom wrote So spending £8.40 more is the way forward?

Aye, 'cause he doesn't live in T&W for a start... Wink
Tom   10 Mar 2015, 5:20 pm
(10 Mar 2015, 5:19 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote Aye, 'cause he doesn't live in T&W for a start... Wink

I was talking in general...  
omnicity4659   10 Mar 2015, 5:23 pm
If Marcus is using a Nexus U16 CAT, he's fare evading. Wink
S813 FVK   10 Mar 2015, 5:25 pm
(10 Mar 2015, 5:19 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote Aye, 'cause he doesn't live in T&W for a start... Wink

We are talking about Lee here? Based on his Saturday review he starts and ends his journey in Wrekenton. Is that not in Tyne and Wear? It might not be where he lives but its likely...:
"X1 - Wrekenton to Newcastle 
Trainspotting in Newcastle
10 - Newcastle to MetroCentre 
Steam rail tour at MetroCentre
10A - MetroCentre to Newcastle 
Trainspotting in Newcastle
X1 - Newcastle to Wrekenton"
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
DanPicken   10 Mar 2015, 5:37 pm
On the topic off U16 Validity I'm still waiting for an answer on why I can't use it between NCL and Manors.
omnicity4659   10 Mar 2015, 6:24 pm
(10 Mar 2015, 5:37 pm)danpick wrote On the topic off U16 Validity I'm still waiting for an answer on why I can't use it between NCL and Manors.

Use the Metro from NCL to MAS. Manors Metro is just a two minute walk from the station.
MrFozz   10 Mar 2015, 6:39 pm
(10 Mar 2015, 6:24 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote Use the Metro from NCL to MAS. Manors Metro is just a two minute walk from the station.
Surely MMT-MAS is the best way for the Metro, go from NCLand you go through MMT and go round the Coast to reach MAS...[emoji14]
LeeCalder   10 Mar 2015, 8:06 pm
(10 Mar 2015, 5:02 pm)Tom wrote I can assure you they are valid from Sunderland-Blaydon.
Why would they change it?

According to my Uncle who is a guard for Northern they are no longer valid. I also asked Nexus who said the same 
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
LeeCalder   10 Mar 2015, 8:07 pm
(10 Mar 2015, 5:09 pm)Robert wrote So that must have been what Lee had as opposed to a £1.10 CAT as he said.

I think I know what ticket I had. I had a Nexus Cat 
Tom   10 Mar 2015, 8:08 pm
(10 Mar 2015, 8:06 pm)leestransportphotos wrote According to my Uncle who is a guard for Northern they are no longer valid. I also asked Nexus who said the same 

Funny that, because Adrian rang Nexus who confirmed they were valid Blaydon-Sunderland.
LeeCalder   10 Mar 2015, 8:10 pm
Funny that I rang Nexus and they also said that a £1.10 day ticket is not valid (Nexus Cat)
Adrian   10 Mar 2015, 8:10 pm
I think we'll end this discussion there, and move it to the pricing thread.  

The information (with valid sources) has been provided, and I'm sure members are more than capable of using it themselves.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   10 Mar 2015, 8:12 pm
(10 Mar 2015, 8:10 pm)leestransportphotos wrote Funny that I rang Nexus and they also said that a £1.10 day ticket is not valid (Nexus Cat)

Well why would Nexus tell two different people different things?  Huh
LeeCalder   10 Mar 2015, 8:20 pm
How am I supposed to know? She sounded like a bit of a thick t**t to be fair
cbma06   11 Mar 2015, 11:45 am
I was on the X21/21 service at Peterlee yesterday, a passenger got on and paid £6 for a single from Peterlee to Darlington.

Andreos1   23 Mar 2015, 2:03 pm
As the UK is facing a spell of deflation (http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015...-deflation) and operators are paying less for their fuel than previously (http://www.go-ahead.com/ir/busfuelpolicy.aspx), I wonder if we are we likely to see a drop in ticket prices soon?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   23 Mar 2015, 3:42 pm
I doubt we'll see a drop in anything. The only change will be the increased profit margins.

Andreos1   23 Mar 2015, 5:41 pm
(23 Mar 2015, 3:42 pm)aureolin wrote I doubt we'll see a drop in anything. The only change will be the increased profit margins.

Here's me thinking I was the cynical one? Wink

Imagine the PR they could get out of it? Lower fuel prices and lower insurance premiums, coupled together to mean lower fares?
With the additional custom the lower fares could generate, the profits could increase even more!
They could even use it in their war against QCS.

Chris   24 Mar 2015, 12:22 pm
(23 Mar 2015, 2:03 pm)Andreos1 wrote As the UK is facing a spell of deflation (http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015...-deflation) and operators are paying less for their fuel than previously (http://www.go-ahead.com/ir/busfuelpolicy.aspx), I wonder if we are we likely to see a drop in ticket prices soon?

If the big 3 hedge their fuel, surely a drop in fuel prices today won't have any effect?  The price they're paying today would have been 'hedged' 12 months ago when prices were higher.

Whilst fuel won't be an insignificant cost, I would have thought staff costs would make up a larger part of operators cost base.
Andreos1   24 Mar 2015, 2:59 pm
(24 Mar 2015, 12:22 pm)Chris wrote If the big 3 hedge their fuel, surely a drop in fuel prices today won't have any effect?  The price they're paying today would have been 'hedged' 12 months ago when prices were higher.

Whilst fuel won't be an insignificant cost, I would have thought staff costs would make up a larger part of operators cost base.

All of their fuel for the next couple of years is purchased.
The link shows how that price has dropped by quite a few pence per litre over the last year or two and into the future.

They normally don't buy as much fuel in advance, as they have done (according to the info on the site), but have taken advantage of the lower prices and exchange rates, to buy ahead of schedule - getting it cheaper than in recent years.
4 or 5p per litre cheaper for our cars, makes a heck of a difference. Imagine paying 6p per litre less, for a fleet of buses? Massive savings - regardless of wages.

I have to say, my initial post was tongue in cheek.
Despite a lot of other everyday items falling (including food delivered by hauliers - who also hedge their fuel) and a possible period of deflation, I am not holding my breath that bus operators will drop theirs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
tyresmoke   24 Mar 2015, 8:04 pm
Guess this is as good a thread as any.

Some fare changes from 5th April I've become aware of...
Nexus Day Rover prices going upto £7.00 and Junior £3.90
Explorer also goes upto £9.70 and family one upto £19.50. Child stays at £8.50

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Malarkey   24 Mar 2015, 8:26 pm
(24 Mar 2015, 8:04 pm)tyresmoke wrote Guess this is as good a thread as any.

Guess Nexus need a few pennies to keep there Diabolical Metro System running, and Ripping Passengers off in the process, £7 for a Day Rover is absolutely disgusting.
Adrian   24 Mar 2015, 9:06 pm
(24 Mar 2015, 8:04 pm)tyresmoke wrote Guess this is as good a thread as any.

(24 Mar 2015, 8:26 pm)Malarkey wrote Guess Nexus need a few pennies to keep there Diabolical Metro System running, and Ripping Passengers off in the process, £7 for a Day Rover is absolutely disgusting.

I don't mean to sound facetious, but it's a Network One Day Rover, rather than a Nexus Day Rover, isn't it?

Fares, to my understanding, are set by the Network One scheme administers. I can't remember exactly how it works, but it's something like shares are allocated in the 'Network Ticketing Limited' company, based on your 'share' of the revenue from the sales. It currently works out something like 60% buses/40% PTE, with Go Ahead having the majority of that 60% buses. 

Does that same statement apply now that it's not Nexus? Smile

Malarkey   24 Mar 2015, 9:24 pm
(24 Mar 2015, 9:06 pm)aureolin wrote I don't mean to sound facetious, but it's a Network One Day Rover, rather than a Nexus Day Rover, isn't it?

Fares, to my understanding, are set by the Network One scheme administers. I can't remember exactly how it works, but it's something like shares are allocated in the 'Network Ticketing Limited' company, based on your 'share' of the revenue from the sales. It currently works out something like 60% buses/40% PTE, with Go Ahead having the majority of that 60% buses. 

Does that same statement apply now that it's not Nexus? Smile
Yeah it is Network One(My Bad) and yes that Statement does still apply now that it is not Nexus Smile .
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   25 Mar 2015, 10:17 am
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...hp?tid=627
Network Ticketing thread, inc a link to shareholders.

Tom   02 May 2015, 11:14 am
Buzzfare prices are increasing.
I'll take a photo of the details when I'm next on the bus.
Pages (60)    121 22 2360