Menu

North East Buses Other Forms of Transport Railways Tyne and Wear Metro

Tyne and Wear Metro

Tyne and Wear Metro

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (146) Previous 160 61 62146 Next
Andreos1

31 Mar 2015, 7:35 am #1,201
(31 Mar 2015, 7:08 am)Tom Update: Due to a problem with the Overhead Power Supply on Network Rail, Metro will be running a reduced service between Pelaw and South Hylton of approx 30 minutes until futher notice.

Pretty sure all the kit is owned and operated centrally by Network Rail. Wonder if they pay compensation to Nexus/DB for the problems it causes?
Signalling, points and electricity supply issues seem to be happening quite often recently.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
31 Mar 2015, 7:35 am #1,201

(31 Mar 2015, 7:08 am)Tom Update: Due to a problem with the Overhead Power Supply on Network Rail, Metro will be running a reduced service between Pelaw and South Hylton of approx 30 minutes until futher notice.

Pretty sure all the kit is owned and operated centrally by Network Rail. Wonder if they pay compensation to Nexus/DB for the problems it causes?
Signalling, points and electricity supply issues seem to be happening quite often recently.

31 Mar 2015, 7:40 am #1,202
I always thought that Nexus Rail owned the OHLE? It's at a different amount of electricity, 1,500 watts or something, so it's unsuitable for electric heavy rail trains to uses the line under their own power.
omnicity4659
31 Mar 2015, 7:40 am #1,202

I always thought that Nexus Rail owned the OHLE? It's at a different amount of electricity, 1,500 watts or something, so it's unsuitable for electric heavy rail trains to uses the line under their own power.

Andreos1

31 Mar 2015, 7:50 am #1,203
(31 Mar 2015, 7:40 am)Tommy_1581 I always thought that Nexus Rail owned the OHLE? It's at a different amount of electricity, 1,500 watts or something, so it's unsuitable for electric heavy rail trains to uses the line under their own power.

Network Rail (what was Railtrack), built and oversee everything south of Pelaw. Nexus pay a lease/operating fees, which cover the cost of the construction and adaptations.
The Tyneside control centre oversee signalling (before it moves to York) and I am pretty sure, that includes ensuring the power supply is in working order.
How it all works (there will be some overlap), I have no idea.

You are right, the supply is at different levels, so heavy rail can't use the OHLE.

Andreos1
31 Mar 2015, 7:50 am #1,203

(31 Mar 2015, 7:40 am)Tommy_1581 I always thought that Nexus Rail owned the OHLE? It's at a different amount of electricity, 1,500 watts or something, so it's unsuitable for electric heavy rail trains to uses the line under their own power.

Network Rail (what was Railtrack), built and oversee everything south of Pelaw. Nexus pay a lease/operating fees, which cover the cost of the construction and adaptations.
The Tyneside control centre oversee signalling (before it moves to York) and I am pretty sure, that includes ensuring the power supply is in working order.

You are right, the supply is at different levels, so heavy rail can't use the OHLE.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

31 Mar 2015, 7:53 am #1,204
(31 Mar 2015, 7:50 am)Andreos1 Network Rail (what was Railtrack), built and oversee everything south of Pelaw. Nexus pay a lease/operating fees, which cover the cost of the construction and adaptations.

Is Metro OHLE 1.5kv compared to 25kv for mainline trains?
MrFozz
31 Mar 2015, 7:53 am #1,204

(31 Mar 2015, 7:50 am)Andreos1 Network Rail (what was Railtrack), built and oversee everything south of Pelaw. Nexus pay a lease/operating fees, which cover the cost of the construction and adaptations.

Is Metro OHLE 1.5kv compared to 25kv for mainline trains?

Andreos1

31 Mar 2015, 7:58 am #1,205
(31 Mar 2015, 7:53 am)MrFozz Is Metro OHLE 1.5kv compared to 25kv for mainline trains?

Not sure on the exact figures/voltages, but they're definitely different.

Found a link re ownership/operation of the line south of Pelaw.
It is a few years old, so there may have been some changes/revisions over the years.
http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/singl...rland.html

Andreos1
31 Mar 2015, 7:58 am #1,205

(31 Mar 2015, 7:53 am)MrFozz Is Metro OHLE 1.5kv compared to 25kv for mainline trains?

Not sure on the exact figures/voltages, but they're definitely different.

It is a few years old, so there may have been some changes/revisions over the years.

31 Mar 2015, 8:23 am #1,206
(31 Mar 2015, 7:58 am)Andreos1 Not sure on the exact figures/voltages, but they're definitely different.

It's an interesting read, that.
omnicity4659
31 Mar 2015, 8:23 am #1,206

(31 Mar 2015, 7:58 am)Andreos1 Not sure on the exact figures/voltages, but they're definitely different.

It's an interesting read, that.

Michael

31 Mar 2015, 8:27 am #1,207

Good read that, thanks for sharing.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
31 Mar 2015, 8:27 am #1,207

Good read that, thanks for sharing.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

31 Mar 2015, 8:52 am #1,208
(31 Mar 2015, 7:35 am)Andreos1 Pretty sure all the kit is owned and operated centrally by Network Rail. Wonder if they pay compensation to Nexus/DB for the problems it causes?

It's surely got to have an associated SLA. I'd expect a handful to be honest. Usually works out that they gain service credits (or cash bonus payments) for over performance, and on the other hand lose service credits if they're failing.

I have zero confidence that they're reporting on it effectively though. When I asked the question, they couldn't even provide me with a comprehensive list of service affecting faults, as they "don't hold that info".

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
31 Mar 2015, 8:52 am #1,208

(31 Mar 2015, 7:35 am)Andreos1 Pretty sure all the kit is owned and operated centrally by Network Rail. Wonder if they pay compensation to Nexus/DB for the problems it causes?

It's surely got to have an associated SLA. I'd expect a handful to be honest. Usually works out that they gain service credits (or cash bonus payments) for over performance, and on the other hand lose service credits if they're failing.

I have zero confidence that they're reporting on it effectively though. When I asked the question, they couldn't even provide me with a comprehensive list of service affecting faults, as they "don't hold that info".

Andreos1

31 Mar 2015, 9:21 am #1,209
(31 Mar 2015, 8:23 am)Tommy_1581 It's an interesting read, that.

(31 Mar 2015, 8:27 am)Michael Good read that, thanks for sharing.

Interesting to see the section between South Hylton and Sunderland is leased to Network Rail.
If the link to the Leamside Line is made and the Leamside Line is re-opened, it could be stock, other than metro stock operating it.

(31 Mar 2015, 8:52 am)aureolin It's surely got to have an associated SLA. I'd expect a handful to be honest. Usually works out that they gain service credits (or cash bonus payments) for over performance, and on the other hand lose service credits if they're failing.

Seems strange it isn't held, particularly if £40m of public funding needs repaying. I would have thought the audit office would have been all over that.

Andreos1
31 Mar 2015, 9:21 am #1,209

(31 Mar 2015, 8:23 am)Tommy_1581 It's an interesting read, that.

(31 Mar 2015, 8:27 am)Michael Good read that, thanks for sharing.

Interesting to see the section between South Hylton and Sunderland is leased to Network Rail.
If the link to the Leamside Line is made and the Leamside Line is re-opened, it could be stock, other than metro stock operating it.

(31 Mar 2015, 8:52 am)aureolin It's surely got to have an associated SLA. I'd expect a handful to be honest. Usually works out that they gain service credits (or cash bonus payments) for over performance, and on the other hand lose service credits if they're failing.

Seems strange it isn't held, particularly if £40m of public funding needs repaying. I would have thought the audit office would have been all over that.

Adrian

31 Mar 2015, 9:22 am #1,210
(31 Mar 2015, 9:21 am)Andreos1 Interesting to see the section between South Hylton and Sunderland is leased to Network Rail.

Tried to gain it under FOI, and they were having none of it. It'd probably take a complaint to the Information Commissioner to extract it. I can't imagine them not having the information, given the contract is performance based.

Adrian
31 Mar 2015, 9:22 am #1,210

(31 Mar 2015, 9:21 am)Andreos1 Interesting to see the section between South Hylton and Sunderland is leased to Network Rail.

Tried to gain it under FOI, and they were having none of it. It'd probably take a complaint to the Information Commissioner to extract it. I can't imagine them not having the information, given the contract is performance based.

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Mar 2015, 2:47 pm #1,211
Sunderland - South Hylton is still off due to overhead line issues. Was an announcement on 4015 when it reached Pelaw, saying that the train will be terminating at Sunderland.

Not sure if there's a replacement bus service or not, as I haven't checked their Social Media pages.

There are also issues from East Boldon onwards. Passengers were advised to get off the the Metro due 12 minutes prior and were told they could get a bus, but no specific information was given to suggest which bus to get, according to many disgruntled customers.
Dan
31 Mar 2015, 2:47 pm #1,211

Sunderland - South Hylton is still off due to overhead line issues. Was an announcement on 4015 when it reached Pelaw, saying that the train will be terminating at Sunderland.

Not sure if there's a replacement bus service or not, as I haven't checked their Social Media pages.

There are also issues from East Boldon onwards. Passengers were advised to get off the the Metro due 12 minutes prior and were told they could get a bus, but no specific information was given to suggest which bus to get, according to many disgruntled customers.

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Mar 2015, 3:18 pm #1,212
(31 Mar 2015, 2:47 pm)Dan Sunderland - South Hylton is still off due to overhead line issues. Was an announcement on 4015 when it reached Pelaw, saying that the train will be terminating at Sunderland.

There was a Metro Replacement bus between Sunderland and South Hylton earlier, which has since been extended to East Boldon. Looks like I was lucky today by managing to actually get to/from the Stadium of Light! 
Dan
31 Mar 2015, 3:18 pm #1,212

(31 Mar 2015, 2:47 pm)Dan Sunderland - South Hylton is still off due to overhead line issues. Was an announcement on 4015 when it reached Pelaw, saying that the train will be terminating at Sunderland.

There was a Metro Replacement bus between Sunderland and South Hylton earlier, which has since been extended to East Boldon. Looks like I was lucky today by managing to actually get to/from the Stadium of Light! 

Michael

31 Mar 2015, 4:38 pm #1,213
Lmao... it gets better:

There are minor delays to trains running between Pelaw and Airport due to a problem with the power supply. Please leave extra time for your journey.

Least service has resumed between Sunderland and South Hylton 

Service has now resumed and trains are running between Sunderland and South Hylton in both directions but are subject to delays of up to 30 mins. This was due to a problem with the power supply. Please leave extra time for your journey.
Edited 31 Mar 2015, 4:51 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
31 Mar 2015, 4:38 pm #1,213

Lmao... it gets better:

There are minor delays to trains running between Pelaw and Airport due to a problem with the power supply. Please leave extra time for your journey.

Least service has resumed between Sunderland and South Hylton 

Service has now resumed and trains are running between Sunderland and South Hylton in both directions but are subject to delays of up to 30 mins. This was due to a problem with the power supply. Please leave extra time for your journey.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

31 Mar 2015, 5:02 pm #1,214
(31 Mar 2015, 4:38 pm)Metro Daily Delays: Catch a bus it\ll be quicker Service has now resumed and trains are running between Sunderland and South Hylton in both directions but are subject to delays of up to 30 mins. This was due to a problem with the power supply. Please leave extra time for your journey.

Isn't that the frequency of the Metro now anyway?

Quite a useless time to resume service too, everyone is home (or on their way home Wink ) by now.
omnicity4659
31 Mar 2015, 5:02 pm #1,214

(31 Mar 2015, 4:38 pm)Metro Daily Delays: Catch a bus it\ll be quicker Service has now resumed and trains are running between Sunderland and South Hylton in both directions but are subject to delays of up to 30 mins. This was due to a problem with the power supply. Please leave extra time for your journey.

Isn't that the frequency of the Metro now anyway?

Quite a useless time to resume service too, everyone is home (or on their way home Wink ) by now.

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Mar 2015, 5:04 pm #1,215
(31 Mar 2015, 5:02 pm)Tommy_1581 Isn't that the frequency of the Metro now anyway?

No, it's every 15 minutes from about 1800 onwards from South Hylton to Pelaw.

I think the only time it's a 30 minute frequency is the first few trains on a Sunday morning.
Dan
31 Mar 2015, 5:04 pm #1,215

(31 Mar 2015, 5:02 pm)Tommy_1581 Isn't that the frequency of the Metro now anyway?

No, it's every 15 minutes from about 1800 onwards from South Hylton to Pelaw.

I think the only time it's a 30 minute frequency is the first few trains on a Sunday morning.

Dan

Site Administrator

01 Apr 2015, 6:18 am #1,216
4034's Next Stop Announcements are not working. The display reads: "NEXUS METRO A lk"

Do the Metrocars take less power from the overhead power lines when they go at a slower speed? They usually fly from Seaburn to East Boldon but 4034 is going incredibly slow.
Dan
01 Apr 2015, 6:18 am #1,216

4034's Next Stop Announcements are not working. The display reads: "NEXUS METRO A lk"

Do the Metrocars take less power from the overhead power lines when they go at a slower speed? They usually fly from Seaburn to East Boldon but 4034 is going incredibly slow.

Tom

01 Apr 2015, 3:22 pm #1,217
Direct trains for Derby Day - http://www.nexus.org.uk/news/item/direct...erby-match
Tom
01 Apr 2015, 3:22 pm #1,217

Direct trains for Derby Day - http://www.nexus.org.uk/news/item/direct...erby-match

Dan

Site Administrator

08 Apr 2015, 6:06 am #1,218
How frequently are Metros washed?

I noticed before Easter that a number of Metrocars passing through Gateshead on an evening were looking incredibly dirty, though assumed it was due to the time of day.

However, I'm on 4090 at the moment and it seems to have got doors which are more black than white at the 'B' section on the driver side. I went to Paris last week and it was my ride to Central Station and it was the same then, too. Probably worth mentioning that the Next Stop Announcements aren't yet working either.

There are also Metros terminating short at Park Lane/Sunderland this morning due to delays.
Dan
08 Apr 2015, 6:06 am #1,218

How frequently are Metros washed?

I noticed before Easter that a number of Metrocars passing through Gateshead on an evening were looking incredibly dirty, though assumed it was due to the time of day.

However, I'm on 4090 at the moment and it seems to have got doors which are more black than white at the 'B' section on the driver side. I went to Paris last week and it was my ride to Central Station and it was the same then, too. Probably worth mentioning that the Next Stop Announcements aren't yet working either.

There are also Metros terminating short at Park Lane/Sunderland this morning due to delays.

08 Apr 2015, 9:35 am #1,219
(08 Apr 2015, 6:06 am)Dan How frequently are Metros washed?

I never noticed dirty Metrocars yesterday, and I must have seen all of them as I did all lines. A couple don't have NSAs working yet, but all the ones that I was on (inc. 4002) had the NSAs working.

There's a "Metrowash" at South Gosforth, but if 3kph speed limit is to go by, we are still in the 1980s  Big Grin

When I was at Park Lane yesterday, only the next due Metro to Airport was shown on the board, also when I arrived at Northumberland Park on the morning, the Metro that I missed that was heading to South Shields displayed "Monkseaton" on the destys.
omnicity4659
08 Apr 2015, 9:35 am #1,219

(08 Apr 2015, 6:06 am)Dan How frequently are Metros washed?

I never noticed dirty Metrocars yesterday, and I must have seen all of them as I did all lines. A couple don't have NSAs working yet, but all the ones that I was on (inc. 4002) had the NSAs working.

There's a "Metrowash" at South Gosforth, but if 3kph speed limit is to go by, we are still in the 1980s  Big Grin

When I was at Park Lane yesterday, only the next due Metro to Airport was shown on the board, also when I arrived at Northumberland Park on the morning, the Metro that I missed that was heading to South Shields displayed "Monkseaton" on the destys.

Tom

13 Apr 2015, 10:28 am #1,220
There are no trains running between Jarrow and South Shields due to a bridge strike at Bede. Go North East accepting Metro tickets on 5,27,88 buses.
Tom
13 Apr 2015, 10:28 am #1,220

There are no trains running between Jarrow and South Shields due to a bridge strike at Bede. Go North East accepting Metro tickets on 5,27,88 buses.

Pages (146) Previous 160 61 62146 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average