You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015
(13 Apr 2015, 11:28 am)Michael wrote Least Stanley is tackling the issue of not trying to use the Yellow buses on main routes....... although i bet 5153 and 5155 is fun for the long routes........

This weeks fleet update just confirms which Streetlites have arrived, and the spec's which we knew....  46 seat's with 28 standing, along with the mentioning which routes and the re-branding of the Lime to Coast and Country.

The following new Wright Streetlites have been delivered - 5395: NK15 ENF 5397: NK15 ENJ 5398: NK15 ENL 5399: NK15 ENM 5400: NK15 ENN 5401: NK15 ENO 5403: NK15 ENR 5406: NK15 ENR 5407: NK15 ENW 5408: NK15 ENX 5409: NK15 ENY 5411: NK15 EOB 5413: NK15 EOD all are 46 seaters with 28 standing. 5401 & 5409 are in red fleet livery, 5411 & 5413 are in red for Red Kite, the remainder are green for the former Lime services which are to be re-branded Coast & Country.

Might as well set up a Book of Bets, £5 on Bazza posting the Fleet News again despite the Boldness of your Post Michael.
(13 Apr 2015, 12:53 pm)Malarkey wrote Might as well set up a Book of Bets, £5 on Bazza posting the Fleet News again despite the Boldness of your Post Michael.

lmao! 

A mod has edited my post to include all of the info from the GNE site to!  
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(13 Apr 2015, 2:29 pm)Michael wrote GNE have updated the Red Kite info to show the branding on the new Streetlite -

http://www.simplygo.com/all-services/the-red-kite - have to say it suits the streetlite nicely.
I've noticed on that picture it has the branding as "The Red Kite" on the StreetLite rather than just "Red Kite" like it currently has on the Omnicitys.
(13 Apr 2015, 2:40 pm)Jimmi wrote I've noticed on that picture it has the branding as "The Red Kite" on the StreetLite rather than just "Red Kite" like it currently has on the Omnicitys.

Oh i didn't even notice that Jimmi, good spot, Tbh "The Red Kite" Sounds much better. 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(13 Apr 2015, 2:40 pm)Jimmi wrote I've noticed on that picture it has the branding as "The Red Kite" on the StreetLite rather than just "Red Kite" like it currently has on the Omnicitys.
And the font used is the same as the original Red Kite brand.
(13 Apr 2015, 2:45 pm)Dan wrote And the font used is the same as the original Red Kite brand.

I prefer the current font used on Red Kite. The old one looks a bit clunky
Site Administrator
(13 Apr 2015, 2:55 pm)JP6004 wrote I prefer the current font used on Red Kite. The old one looks a bit clunky

You may change your mind once you see it in the flesh... The drawings don't do these liveries any justice whatsoever - the new Coast & Country brand looks absolutely fantastic in the flesh!

Think even NEB's most infamous art critics will be pleased with it.
(13 Apr 2015, 2:57 pm)Dan wrote You may change your mind once you see it in the flesh... The drawings don't do these liveries any justice whatsoever - the new Coast & Country brand looks absolutely fantastic in the flesh!

Think even NEB's most infamous art critics will be pleased with it.

I shall reserve judgement Tongue
(13 Apr 2015, 11:24 am)Dan wrote Chester-le-Street's Volvo B7TL 6022 has joined Riverside's Volvo B7TLs 3969, 3971 and 3977 as well as Percy Main's 5153 and 5155 on loan at Stanley.

6022 must have returned as it was on the 34A this morning and the 21 this afternoon last seen departing Chester le Street for Newcastle at 15:45.
5155 is on Diamonds

I did have the joy of having a 3969 this afternoon. Would anybody like to guess what happened?
(13 Apr 2015, 3:17 pm)Jimmi wrote I think we all know what happened.

Are you wanting to ride anymore?

Well, i suppose it isnt hard to guess. At least i can now see why most of you hate them.
(13 Apr 2015, 12:53 pm)Malarkey wrote Might as well set up a Book of Bets, £5 on Bazza posting the Fleet News again despite the Boldness of your Post Michael.
Bet he tells you that you  have 5403 and 5406 with the same reg  Big Grin
(13 Apr 2015, 4:43 pm)Coppercap40 wrote Bet he tells you that you  have 5403 and 5406 with the same reg  Big Grin

Thats an error made by Go North East rather than Michael since the same mistake is on that page too.
(13 Apr 2015, 4:43 pm)Coppercap40 wrote Bet he tells you that you  have 5403 and 5406 with the same reg  Big Grin

5406 Should read NK15 ENV
Are gne waiting to get all the red kite streetlites before doing a 3 brand launch or waiting for the kids ( tyne and wear ) to return before launching the X66 & coast and country?
(13 Apr 2015, 5:21 pm)nk55 wrote Are gne waiting to get all the red kite streetlites before doing a 3 brand launch or waiting for the kids ( tyne and wear ) to return before launching the X66 & coast and country?

I'd be very surprised if they 'launched' the X66. It serves no purpose in doing so, as it's already been mentioned on here that GNE don't expect to see growth as a result of their investment.

The Red Kite/Coast & Country are a different kettle of fish. I'd imagine GNE would expect to see growth in return for their investment on both brands, and therefore I think they'll launch them. I had thought they may consider launching both services together at Consett, with individual launches elsewhere on both routes.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(13 Apr 2015, 5:30 pm)aureolin wrote I'd be very surprised if they 'launched' the X66. It serves no purpose in doing so, as it's already been mentioned on here that GNE don't expect to see growth as a result of their investment.

The Red Kite/Coast & Country are a different kettle of fish. I'd imagine GNE would expect to see growth in return for their investment on both brands, and therefore I think they'll launch them. I had thought they may consider launching both services together at Consett, with individual launches elsewhere on both routes.

I agree re X66 but seen as its new buses and they've had them a while and been branded a fair few days now, why hold them back. I really dont understand what the delay is?
(13 Apr 2015, 6:23 pm)nk55 wrote I agree re X66 but seen as its new buses and they've had them a while and been branded a fair few days now, why hold them back. I really dont understand what the delay is?

It's a good point. I assume that all drivers on the X66 rota are already type trained, given that it wasn't that long ago that a Streetlite DF was last there. 
(13 Apr 2015, 6:29 pm)aureolin wrote It's a good point. I assume that all drivers on the X66 rota are already type trained, given that it wasn't that long ago that a Streetlite DF was last there. 

That and im guessing the cab of the Saltwell Park examples is pretty much the same too?
(13 Apr 2015, 6:30 pm)Robert wrote That and im guessing the cab of the Saltwell Park examples is pretty much the same too?

Aye, they at least look to be cosmetically! Unless there's some crucial difference between a standard Streetlite and a Micro-Hybrid that needs training out?
When on 3969, i also found that as soon as i stepped up to the rear downstairs seats it was boiling, now i know the engine is at the back but it was a lot hotter than it is on any other bus. Is this a trend on all vykings?
(13 Apr 2015, 8:05 pm)Robert wrote When on 3969, i also found that as soon as i stepped up to the rear downstairs seats it was boiling, now i know the engine is at the back but it was a lot hotter than it is on any other bus. Is this a trend on all vykings?

Its because they're Vykings... haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Just wondering, is there any difference between the ELC Lowlander and the Vyking? They look identical to me, is it to do with the chassis, VDL/DAF or Volvo, or is it something else?
(13 Apr 2015, 8:07 pm)Michael wrote Its because they're Vykings... haha

Can you tell it was the first time that i rode a vyking with all of these questions Tongue Breaking down was the tip of the iceberg like. I HATE THEM and i can see why they were removed from the 21. The sooner they're gone the better.