You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - November 2014

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - November 2014

RE: Arriva North East - Rare and Odd Workings
7531 on the X22 this morning
7455 is on the X20, while 7454 is on the X15 
(01 Nov 2014, 8:30 am)mb134 wrote 7531 on the X22 this morning
7455 is on the X20, while 7454 is on the X15 

If you think that is bad I had an interesting trip on cx06 bvu bus on 35 it only did one trip and went back to depot. Don't know where it's gone now
(28 Oct 2014, 4:52 pm)Tom wrote Jesmond have been terrible today:

- 2 Pulsars on the 306.
- 1589 on the 43.
- NHS Solo on the 51.
- 52 branded B10BLE on the 55.
- Pulsar on the 52/53.

There will always be atleast 2 Pulsars on the 306's for the forseeable future as 2 306 boards operate scholars services and Streetlite dont have enough capacity for the Contract requirements.
Site Administrator
7477 and an unidentified original liveried Pulsar on X1/2.
Re: RE: Arriva North East - Rare and Odd Workings
(03 Nov 2014, 3:38 pm)Dan wrote 7477 and an unidentified original liveried Pulsar on X1/2.
There's another on this morning. Probably 1420? Would have been the 0705 departure from Durham Bus Station, towards Middlesbrough.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(02 Nov 2014, 1:08 pm)gne_4993 wrote There will always be atleast 2 Pulsars on the 306's for the forseeable future as 2 306 boards operate scholars services and Streetlite dont have enough capacity for the Contract requirements.

While I can slightly understand that it isn't exactly great to have brand new buses working school services - but from the sheet I have with the PVR breakdown, the 2 306 boards that have the schools on them are marked as requiring a minimum capacity of 60. The Streetlites have a total capacity of 67 (44 seated, 23 standing).
Is it appropriate for schoolchildren/students to have to stand on the way to and from school?

Didn't the recent crash involve injuries from children being catapulted along the gangway?

We should protect our we'ans - who have no choice about the method of transport to school.

Ideally, of course, every child should have a seat and wear a seatbelt (but that is possibly impossible to enforce).
Yes, I was going to say. Hardly encouraging the commuters of tomorrow to use buses if you consider it acceptable to stick 67 of them on a Streetlite.

Don't agree with seatbelts though.
Site Administrator
(04 Nov 2014, 12:38 pm)Kuyoyo wrote While I can slightly understand that it isn't exactly great to have brand new buses working school services - but from the sheet I have with the PVR breakdown, the 2 306 boards that have the schools on them are marked as requiring a minimum capacity of 60. The Streetlites have a total capacity of 67 (44 seated, 23 standing).

I can't see why the running boards and duties cannot be changed to allow service 306 to be operated by Streetlites?
It seems a little odd in my eyes for a company to spend approximately £1m on new vehicles, which are branded for service 306, to be unable to allocate them to the service for which they were ordered. Let's not forget the confusion being caused by vehicles branded for service 306 appearing on service 44 etc.
Marxista Fozzski
(04 Nov 2014, 12:50 pm)G-CPTN wrote Is it appropriate for schoolchildren/students to have to stand on the way to and from school?

Didn't the recent crash involve injuries from children being catapulted along the gangway?

We should protect our we'ans - who have no choice about the method of transport to school.

Ideally, of course, every child should have a seat and wear a seatbelt (but that is possibly impossible to enforce).

In an ideal world seatbelts would be good, but your right it will be practically tough to enforce and would waste a drivers time...Still I think for school services, there should be no standing, some services that pick up kids end up being packed like sardines and as you pointed out, a recent crash saw kids thrown about
(04 Nov 2014, 3:29 pm)marxistafozzski wrote In an ideal world seatbelts would be good, but your right it will be practically tough to enforce and would waste a drivers time...Still I think for school services, there should be no standing, some services that pick up kids end up being packed like sardines and as you pointed out, a recent crash saw kids thrown about

My son lives in St Albans.

There is a girls' private school that uses the services of three-axle double deckers with 102 seats (I think they have triple and twin rows).
(04 Nov 2014, 5:39 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote In Newcastle this morning around 11:00.
7623 on the 308.
1588 on the 54.

Blyth are a joke to tell you the truth.
There was also a Commander and Quorum Express on at various points during the day! 
Should be walloped with a massive fine and all GBF funding stripped and paid back to the Govt for continuously misusing the 308 hybrids if it continues. GNE don't do it with 6056 - 6070 so why do Arriva do it? They could easily paint one of their DB300's in Hybrid Colours as a dedicated spare (minus references to Hybrid) for the 308 or, they could stop being so stingy with the timings and give the 308 more time to keep ontime. I know GNE aren't perfect but at least they make a half decent effort unlike Arriva. Same with the 306 and the school runs and as an operational issue, the X9 workings.
(05 Nov 2014, 2:01 am)Stuart Phin wrote The mobitec screens come out better on photos, still prefer the other ones

Have to say I do quite like the Mobitec screens!
We just need to rid the fleet of the crappy Brightech screens which only a couple of mini Darts have now

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(04 Nov 2014, 6:29 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote Should be walloped with a massive fine and all GBF funding stripped and paid back to the Govt for continuously misusing the 308 hybrids if it continues. GNE don't do it with 6056 - 6070 so why do Arriva do it? They could easily paint one of their DB300's in Hybrid Colours as a dedicated spare (minus references to Hybrid) for the 308 or, they could stop being so stingy with the timings and give the 308 more time to keep ontime. I know GNE aren't perfect but at least they make a half decent effort unlike Arriva. Same with the 306 and the school runs and as an operational issue, the X9 workings.

The GNE Hybrids were bought for the 21 service - yet are used nightly on the X21 to Bishop Auckland?
Site Administrator
(05 Nov 2014, 8:33 am)palatine3833 wrote The GNE Hybrids were bought for the 21 service - yet are used nightly on the X21 to Bishop Auckland?
Think this is slightly different, as the nightly/Sunday X21s are formed from 21 journeys Newcastle - Durham.

Arriva's allocations are purely to allow buses to leave Blyth on time, and are far more excessive than Go North East's planned allocations. As far as I know, the Hybrids have never appeared off route...
I got the 21/X21 yesterday from Passfield Way to Sunderland at 13:35, 12 passengers got off at Peterlee bus station and then it was only me and the driver from peterlee all the way to Sunderland, Arriva needs to get their times right, the 23 just leaves peterlee bus station just before the 21/X21 enters the bus station, on the way back home yesterday, I decided to wait from sunderland for the 17:55ish service 23 so I can get my first arriva streetlite, well by their app it was running 13 minutes late and it ended up with a solo, so I decided to wait for the 22 at 18:07ish, and by the arriva timetable App it was shown 32 minutes late in red and just left peterlee bus station to Sunderland, but 5 minutes later it turned up, but I decided to get the 17:20 X21 instead, and their was quite a few passengers getting on going to villette road junction,grangetown and ryhope, and while I was at sunderland interchangeat 17:55 their was a arriva pulsar in set down area and another pulsar joined it which looked like an engineer and then minute later their both pulled out not in service. and theirs a solo on service 24 today.

Site Administrator
2814 is a Solo on service 22 today (providing I got the fleet number right from a distance), and providing another service 22 wasn't delayed by 15 minutes this morning, another was on service 23.