Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Incidents with general public

Incidents with general public

Incidents with general public

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2) 1 2 Next
LeeCalder

13 May 2015, 8:11 pm #1
I hope it is okay to start a new thread?

I was just wondering, has anyone had any 'run ins' with the general public for taking photographs which they might be in? I've had a couple, a lad probably about 18/19 came storming off the 27 in South Shields and had a massive shouting match with me. Another incident I've had in South Shields was with a driver, again on the 27 who said I was 'encroaching on his privacy'.

Sunderland is a nightmare especially when you get a photo of the Drifter's turning the corner to enter Park Lane! The amount of people I've seen give me 'hackies' or have gave me a signal is crazy.
LeeCalder
13 May 2015, 8:11 pm #1

I hope it is okay to start a new thread?

I was just wondering, has anyone had any 'run ins' with the general public for taking photographs which they might be in? I've had a couple, a lad probably about 18/19 came storming off the 27 in South Shields and had a massive shouting match with me. Another incident I've had in South Shields was with a driver, again on the 27 who said I was 'encroaching on his privacy'.

Sunderland is a nightmare especially when you get a photo of the Drifter's turning the corner to enter Park Lane! The amount of people I've seen give me 'hackies' or have gave me a signal is crazy.

13 May 2015, 10:06 pm #2
I got threatened in Glenrothes a few years ago by some druggies. However saying nothing and just staring at them made them back down.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
13 May 2015, 10:06 pm #2

I got threatened in Glenrothes a few years ago by some druggies. However saying nothing and just staring at them made them back down.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

14 May 2015, 12:25 pm #3
Had a few, Ashington bus station, over a year ago, two lads came and had a go at me for calling their mother a slut... that later became a slag...! Also in November, I had a bloke shout at me for taking photos of him alighting an X22, thankfully the supervisor came out and had words with him.

Also had a NX/Yourbus driver hop off his 591 at Morpeth and rant at me, saying that he wanted me to delete the photo...
omnicity4659
14 May 2015, 12:25 pm #3

Had a few, Ashington bus station, over a year ago, two lads came and had a go at me for calling their mother a slut... that later became a slag...! Also in November, I had a bloke shout at me for taking photos of him alighting an X22, thankfully the supervisor came out and had words with him.

Also had a NX/Yourbus driver hop off his 591 at Morpeth and rant at me, saying that he wanted me to delete the photo...

roar

14 May 2015, 8:10 pm #4
I just don't get the incidents where drivers have a go, I will usually try and slow a little or wait at a stop a few seconds more if I see a fellow enthusiast wanting a photo of a vehicle I'm driving, this is usually followed by a nod or a wave and I usually get the same in return.

I have only had one driver say anything 'get a job you sad B@atard' were his words, this was in Stratford in London and he sharp said sorry when I showed him my ID and said 'this proves I have one and the picture I've just taken is to be viewed by your MD and ED at a meeting tomorrow morning'

Never had a member of the public say a word, might have something to do with my size and look mind, 6' built like a tank and a shaved head usually puts them off.
roar
14 May 2015, 8:10 pm #4

I just don't get the incidents where drivers have a go, I will usually try and slow a little or wait at a stop a few seconds more if I see a fellow enthusiast wanting a photo of a vehicle I'm driving, this is usually followed by a nod or a wave and I usually get the same in return.

I have only had one driver say anything 'get a job you sad B@atard' were his words, this was in Stratford in London and he sharp said sorry when I showed him my ID and said 'this proves I have one and the picture I've just taken is to be viewed by your MD and ED at a meeting tomorrow morning'

Never had a member of the public say a word, might have something to do with my size and look mind, 6' built like a tank and a shaved head usually puts them off.

roar

14 May 2015, 8:13 pm #5
(14 May 2015, 12:25 pm)Tommy_1581 Had a few, Ashington bus station, over a year ago, two lads came and had a go at me for calling their mother a slut... that later became a slag...! 

Hmmmmm I think I'm on there side here.
roar
14 May 2015, 8:13 pm #5

(14 May 2015, 12:25 pm)Tommy_1581 Had a few, Ashington bus station, over a year ago, two lads came and had a go at me for calling their mother a slut... that later became a slag...! 

Hmmmmm I think I'm on there side here.

tyresmoke

14 May 2015, 8:47 pm #6
(14 May 2015, 8:10 pm)roar I just don't get the incidents where drivers have a go, I will usually try and slow a little or wait at a stop a few seconds more if I see a fellow enthusiast wanting a photo of a vehicle I'm driving, this is usually followed by a nod or a wave and I usually get the same in return.

I'm exactly the same, if I see someone wanting a photo I'll try and slow for a gap or similarly wait a few seconds longer!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
14 May 2015, 8:47 pm #6

(14 May 2015, 8:10 pm)roar I just don't get the incidents where drivers have a go, I will usually try and slow a little or wait at a stop a few seconds more if I see a fellow enthusiast wanting a photo of a vehicle I'm driving, this is usually followed by a nod or a wave and I usually get the same in return.

I'm exactly the same, if I see someone wanting a photo I'll try and slow for a gap or similarly wait a few seconds longer!

16 May 2015, 6:31 pm #7
(14 May 2015, 8:13 pm)roar Hmmmmm I think I'm on there side here.

Sorry, I didn't make it clear enough

I was taking photos of a railtour in Ashington, in the January, they came onto the bridge absolutely p****d and asked if I wanted a drink, I refused and they went.

I have had trouble with them for over a year now, they constantly give me the salute and threaten to kill me etc, I was standing in Ashingon bus station at the peak of the bullying and they started shouting abuse at me for no reason, I have not called anyone a slut/slag at that time or in my life, and this was just a case of them picking on me.
omnicity4659
16 May 2015, 6:31 pm #7

(14 May 2015, 8:13 pm)roar Hmmmmm I think I'm on there side here.

Sorry, I didn't make it clear enough

I was taking photos of a railtour in Ashington, in the January, they came onto the bridge absolutely p****d and asked if I wanted a drink, I refused and they went.

I have had trouble with them for over a year now, they constantly give me the salute and threaten to kill me etc, I was standing in Ashingon bus station at the peak of the bullying and they started shouting abuse at me for no reason, I have not called anyone a slut/slag at that time or in my life, and this was just a case of them picking on me.

16 May 2015, 6:33 pm #8
(14 May 2015, 8:47 pm)tyresmoke I'm exactly the same, if I see someone wanting a photo I'll try and slow for a gap or similarly wait a few seconds longer!

... and a smile and a wave.  Wink  
omnicity4659
16 May 2015, 6:33 pm #8

(14 May 2015, 8:47 pm)tyresmoke I'm exactly the same, if I see someone wanting a photo I'll try and slow for a gap or similarly wait a few seconds longer!

... and a smile and a wave.  Wink  

Dan

Site Administrator

16 May 2015, 6:35 pm #9

Apart from when you see Kuyoyo - then you put your foot down!!
Dan
16 May 2015, 6:35 pm #9

Apart from when you see Kuyoyo - then you put your foot down!!

tyresmoke

16 May 2015, 10:14 pm #10
(16 May 2015, 6:35 pm)Dan Apart from when you see Kuyoyo - then you put your foot down!!

Allegedly !

tyresmoke
16 May 2015, 10:14 pm #10

(16 May 2015, 6:35 pm)Dan Apart from when you see Kuyoyo - then you put your foot down!!

Allegedly !

Jimmi

08 Aug 2015, 12:39 pm #11
Just been getting some bus photos at Dalton Park and I snapped a photo just near to where the bus stop is and there was three kids there and after snapping a photo of a silver Merc they started shouting nonce and paedophile at me and this continued for around 10 minutes until the 265 arrived bound for Durham and continued to shout at me once I was on the bus meaning the people on the bus could hear this (thankfully not their allegations) and sure enough who did I sit in front of? One of the children's mother! She says she is going to tell her son off when she gets home. Even if worst came to worst I have taken other bus photos in the area and the driver on the 265 could probably back me up to some extent as I took a photo of the bus heading to Seaham as the 202. In the offending photo we can't see the children for the Citaro which I was trying to take.

Do we think I should be worried?
Jimmi
08 Aug 2015, 12:39 pm #11

Just been getting some bus photos at Dalton Park and I snapped a photo just near to where the bus stop is and there was three kids there and after snapping a photo of a silver Merc they started shouting nonce and paedophile at me and this continued for around 10 minutes until the 265 arrived bound for Durham and continued to shout at me once I was on the bus meaning the people on the bus could hear this (thankfully not their allegations) and sure enough who did I sit in front of? One of the children's mother! She says she is going to tell her son off when she gets home. Even if worst came to worst I have taken other bus photos in the area and the driver on the 265 could probably back me up to some extent as I took a photo of the bus heading to Seaham as the 202. In the offending photo we can't see the children for the Citaro which I was trying to take.

Do we think I should be worried?

idiot

08 Aug 2015, 12:57 pm #12
In this day and age I would of deleted the photo and left it at that but maybe I look at it differently with working in a school part time.

Also if the parent was sitting behind you perhaps a a discreet chat with her (if she seemed decent enough which most people are) and say this is the shot I took. Would you be happy if I deleted it?

It's like I wouldn't dream of taking a photo of a scholars service and uploading it to Flickr. What happens if you can clearly make a kids face out on that photo, that said child is in care and the parents don't know where the child is living. They then see there on a bus to St Roberts School and boom! Perhaps I over think like I said...
Edited 08 Aug 2015, 12:59 pm by idiot.
idiot
08 Aug 2015, 12:57 pm #12

In this day and age I would of deleted the photo and left it at that but maybe I look at it differently with working in a school part time.

Also if the parent was sitting behind you perhaps a a discreet chat with her (if she seemed decent enough which most people are) and say this is the shot I took. Would you be happy if I deleted it?

It's like I wouldn't dream of taking a photo of a scholars service and uploading it to Flickr. What happens if you can clearly make a kids face out on that photo, that said child is in care and the parents don't know where the child is living. They then see there on a bus to St Roberts School and boom! Perhaps I over think like I said...

Jimmi

08 Aug 2015, 2:13 pm #13
(08 Aug 2015, 12:57 pm)idiot In this day and age I would of deleted the photo and left it at that but maybe I look at it differently with working in a school part time.

Explaining to her what happened and saying I would delete the photo (was a naff photo anyway) would have maybe been the best thing to do, unfortunately this happened to me and of course as I'm sure some of you are aware I have some communication problems which prevented me from doing so.

I personally don't do "scholar services" for photos for these reasons especially with the passengers on the bus are all children which looks really dodgy, if I was so desperate to get a photo of a bus that does scholar services I'd make a guess as to what time it would leave the operators depot and snap it with no passengers on-board.
Jimmi
08 Aug 2015, 2:13 pm #13

(08 Aug 2015, 12:57 pm)idiot In this day and age I would of deleted the photo and left it at that but maybe I look at it differently with working in a school part time.

Explaining to her what happened and saying I would delete the photo (was a naff photo anyway) would have maybe been the best thing to do, unfortunately this happened to me and of course as I'm sure some of you are aware I have some communication problems which prevented me from doing so.

I personally don't do "scholar services" for photos for these reasons especially with the passengers on the bus are all children which looks really dodgy, if I was so desperate to get a photo of a bus that does scholar services I'd make a guess as to what time it would leave the operators depot and snap it with no passengers on-board.

Charles41

09 Aug 2015, 11:00 am #14
(08 Aug 2015, 2:13 pm)Jimmi Explaining to her what happened and saying I would delete the photo (was a naff photo anyway) would have maybe been the best thing to do, unfortunately this happened to me and of course as I'm sure some of you are aware I have some communication problems which prevented me from doing so.

I had a bad incident about a month ago at Hannington Street, Byker. I'd went to get some photos of Stanley Travel deckers and Community Transport minibuses. I was standing on the street writing down vehicle details. This woman parked in a car demanded to know what I was doing. I explained I was an enthusiast. She then started shouting there were no buses present and that I should leave. I pointed at a decker and said "Well there's one for a start, and I'm standing on an adopted road so I do not have to leave".

She then threatened to call the police. I said "fine, I'll sit on that wall there and wait for them. You can then explain to them what in your opinion I'm doing wrong. Can you also confirm to me your name, your employers name/address and your relationship to Stanley Travel or Community transport so that I can write to them about you".

So I went and sat on the wall and waited for the police and she drove off swearing. The police never did arrive. You could say I was being a bit bloody minded but quite frankly I was not on private property and I was going about my lawful business. I was not near any school, care home etc and there was no-one who you could class as vulnerable present.

With regards to photographing school buses, I only do this if the vehicles are empty. Same if I'm photographing non-psv minibuses belonging to schools, care homes, youth clubs etc.

Charles
Charles41
09 Aug 2015, 11:00 am #14

(08 Aug 2015, 2:13 pm)Jimmi Explaining to her what happened and saying I would delete the photo (was a naff photo anyway) would have maybe been the best thing to do, unfortunately this happened to me and of course as I'm sure some of you are aware I have some communication problems which prevented me from doing so.

I had a bad incident about a month ago at Hannington Street, Byker. I'd went to get some photos of Stanley Travel deckers and Community Transport minibuses. I was standing on the street writing down vehicle details. This woman parked in a car demanded to know what I was doing. I explained I was an enthusiast. She then started shouting there were no buses present and that I should leave. I pointed at a decker and said "Well there's one for a start, and I'm standing on an adopted road so I do not have to leave".

She then threatened to call the police. I said "fine, I'll sit on that wall there and wait for them. You can then explain to them what in your opinion I'm doing wrong. Can you also confirm to me your name, your employers name/address and your relationship to Stanley Travel or Community transport so that I can write to them about you".

So I went and sat on the wall and waited for the police and she drove off swearing. The police never did arrive. You could say I was being a bit bloody minded but quite frankly I was not on private property and I was going about my lawful business. I was not near any school, care home etc and there was no-one who you could class as vulnerable present.

With regards to photographing school buses, I only do this if the vehicles are empty. Same if I'm photographing non-psv minibuses belonging to schools, care homes, youth clubs etc.

Charles

09 Aug 2015, 11:08 am #15
Speaking of scholars services; I recall last year, I walked out of the school grounds to catch the ''Angel'' 21 back to Chester-le-Street, and the scholars services (885-888) were all departing the school grounds. I saw a man taking photographs, I'm guessing of the buses but you can never be sure, and he was getting loads of abuse from some of the younger kids. I have to say, while I gathered he was an enthusiast, if I was him, I would have stood outside of Chester-le-Street depot while they either left or returned, as the destination blinds are usually set then; also, no children that could possibly spark a fire about it would be on board.
Edited 09 Aug 2015, 11:09 am by R852 PRG.
R852 PRG
09 Aug 2015, 11:08 am #15

Speaking of scholars services; I recall last year, I walked out of the school grounds to catch the ''Angel'' 21 back to Chester-le-Street, and the scholars services (885-888) were all departing the school grounds. I saw a man taking photographs, I'm guessing of the buses but you can never be sure, and he was getting loads of abuse from some of the younger kids. I have to say, while I gathered he was an enthusiast, if I was him, I would have stood outside of Chester-le-Street depot while they either left or returned, as the destination blinds are usually set then; also, no children that could possibly spark a fire about it would be on board.

S813 FVK

09 Aug 2015, 11:39 am #16
(09 Aug 2015, 11:08 am)R852 PRG Speaking of scholars services; I recall last year, I walked out of the school grounds to catch the ''Angel'' 21 back to Chester-le-Street, and the scholars services (885-888) were all departing the school grounds. I saw a man taking photographs, I'm guessing of the buses but you can never be sure, and he was getting loads of abuse from some of the younger kids. I have to say, while I gathered he was an enthusiast, if I was him, I would have stood outside of Chester-le-Street depot while they either left or returned, as the destination blinds are usually set then; also, no children that could possibly spark a fire about it would be on board.

Surely if he was taking a photo of the kids, none of them would be in a good enough position for him to have a joint over. 

I haven't seen many enthusiasts take photos of my scholars service before. Only 2 that i can recall and both were at New Kyo. The scholars services that serve Consett Bus Station seem to get all of the enthusiast attention - not many photos are taken at Stanley.
S813 FVK
09 Aug 2015, 11:39 am #16

(09 Aug 2015, 11:08 am)R852 PRG Speaking of scholars services; I recall last year, I walked out of the school grounds to catch the ''Angel'' 21 back to Chester-le-Street, and the scholars services (885-888) were all departing the school grounds. I saw a man taking photographs, I'm guessing of the buses but you can never be sure, and he was getting loads of abuse from some of the younger kids. I have to say, while I gathered he was an enthusiast, if I was him, I would have stood outside of Chester-le-Street depot while they either left or returned, as the destination blinds are usually set then; also, no children that could possibly spark a fire about it would be on board.

Surely if he was taking a photo of the kids, none of them would be in a good enough position for him to have a joint over. 

I haven't seen many enthusiasts take photos of my scholars service before. Only 2 that i can recall and both were at New Kyo. The scholars services that serve Consett Bus Station seem to get all of the enthusiast attention - not many photos are taken at Stanley.

Diamond One

Banned

23 Sep 2015, 10:22 pm #17
I remember once ages ago I was in Park lane getting a few Versa photos on 39 (they used purple versas at the time) this person I knew from college claimed I took a photo of her when it wasn't me it was Malarkey (he was witness) the persons name who accused me was a girl named Kayleigh Wright she even threatened the cops lucky I laughed it off and then proceeded to use the good old block button if she threatens me like that again I will have a calm word if any worse I will be calm and report it to a friend to see what they think or any worse I'll get advice from friends and see what they say before getting action
Diamond One
23 Sep 2015, 10:22 pm #17

I remember once ages ago I was in Park lane getting a few Versa photos on 39 (they used purple versas at the time) this person I knew from college claimed I took a photo of her when it wasn't me it was Malarkey (he was witness) the persons name who accused me was a girl named Kayleigh Wright she even threatened the cops lucky I laughed it off and then proceeded to use the good old block button if she threatens me like that again I will have a calm word if any worse I will be calm and report it to a friend to see what they think or any worse I'll get advice from friends and see what they say before getting action

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

28 Sep 2015, 8:07 pm #18
(23 Sep 2015, 10:22 pm)Diamond One I remember once ages ago I was in Park lane getting a few Versa photos on 39 (they used purple versas at the time) this person I knew from college claimed I took a photo of her when it wasn't me it was Malarkey (he was witness) the persons name who accused me was a girl named Kayleigh Wright she even threatened the cops lucky I laughed it off and then proceeded to use the good old block button if she threatens me like that again I will have a calm word if any worse I will be calm and report it to a friend to see what they think or any worse I'll get advice from friends and see what they say before getting action
EEEEEEEEE.....Dropping Malarks in it, what yu like Tongue

Giving the questionably mad things you have done in the past Bazza you could create an incident in an empty room all by yourself Tongue

Kidding mate

Never had a serious incident with anyone, a bus driver from Deptford once messaged on Facebook asking for a photo to be taken after someone tagged him...

Tagging bus photos is not something I do, unless tol I can...

Ultimately I took photo down, to keep the peace, it weren't one of my favourites anyway.

The worst I have seen is an older gentleman verbally abused in Peterlee by some drugged up pisshead, the poor guy was called a paedophile, a nonce and pervert, where the paedo come from I do not know, there wasn't even a kid in sight, to this day I wish I stood up for that guy, but I was in a rush to get back home as the buses were only 1ph Sad
MrFozz
28 Sep 2015, 8:07 pm #18

(23 Sep 2015, 10:22 pm)Diamond One I remember once ages ago I was in Park lane getting a few Versa photos on 39 (they used purple versas at the time) this person I knew from college claimed I took a photo of her when it wasn't me it was Malarkey (he was witness) the persons name who accused me was a girl named Kayleigh Wright she even threatened the cops lucky I laughed it off and then proceeded to use the good old block button if she threatens me like that again I will have a calm word if any worse I will be calm and report it to a friend to see what they think or any worse I'll get advice from friends and see what they say before getting action
EEEEEEEEE.....Dropping Malarks in it, what yu like Tongue

Giving the questionably mad things you have done in the past Bazza you could create an incident in an empty room all by yourself Tongue

Kidding mate

Never had a serious incident with anyone, a bus driver from Deptford once messaged on Facebook asking for a photo to be taken after someone tagged him...

Tagging bus photos is not something I do, unless tol I can...

Ultimately I took photo down, to keep the peace, it weren't one of my favourites anyway.

The worst I have seen is an older gentleman verbally abused in Peterlee by some drugged up pisshead, the poor guy was called a paedophile, a nonce and pervert, where the paedo come from I do not know, there wasn't even a kid in sight, to this day I wish I stood up for that guy, but I was in a rush to get back home as the buses were only 1ph Sad

Charles41

29 Sep 2015, 9:14 am #19
(28 Sep 2015, 8:07 pm)MrFozz The worst I have seen is an older gentleman verbally abused in Peterlee by some drugged up pisshead, the poor guy was called a paedophile, a nonce and pervert, where the paedo come from I do not know, there wasn't even a kid in sight, to this day I wish I stood up for that guy, but I was in a rush to get back home as the buses were only 1ph Sad

Calling someone a paedophile, nonce etc. seems to be increasingly common is today's society. Its the equivalent of being accused of witchcraft about 400 years ago. I feel sorry for the bloke who had to put up with this level of abuse. Personally I would have just laid into the obnoxious idiot.

Charles
Charles41
29 Sep 2015, 9:14 am #19

(28 Sep 2015, 8:07 pm)MrFozz The worst I have seen is an older gentleman verbally abused in Peterlee by some drugged up pisshead, the poor guy was called a paedophile, a nonce and pervert, where the paedo come from I do not know, there wasn't even a kid in sight, to this day I wish I stood up for that guy, but I was in a rush to get back home as the buses were only 1ph Sad

Calling someone a paedophile, nonce etc. seems to be increasingly common is today's society. Its the equivalent of being accused of witchcraft about 400 years ago. I feel sorry for the bloke who had to put up with this level of abuse. Personally I would have just laid into the obnoxious idiot.

Charles

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

29 Sep 2015, 12:51 pm #20
(29 Sep 2015, 9:14 am)Charles41 Calling someone a paedophile, nonce etc. seems to be increasingly common is today's society. Its the equivalent of being accused of witchcraft about 400 years ago. I feel sorry for the bloke who had to put up with this level of abuse. Personally I would have just laid into the obnoxious idiot.

Charles
Your right mate...

Like I said I wish I stood up for him, if I saw it happening again , I would do something about it...

For me, my group of friends, while taking the piss a bit, are pleased that I have found something that interests me, and one or two are genuinely interested when they see a camera in my hand
MrFozz
29 Sep 2015, 12:51 pm #20

(29 Sep 2015, 9:14 am)Charles41 Calling someone a paedophile, nonce etc. seems to be increasingly common is today's society. Its the equivalent of being accused of witchcraft about 400 years ago. I feel sorry for the bloke who had to put up with this level of abuse. Personally I would have just laid into the obnoxious idiot.

Charles
Your right mate...

Like I said I wish I stood up for him, if I saw it happening again , I would do something about it...

For me, my group of friends, while taking the piss a bit, are pleased that I have found something that interests me, and one or two are genuinely interested when they see a camera in my hand

Pages (2) 1 2 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average