You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions v2
(21 May 2024, 12:37 pm)V514DFT wrote The 308 doesnt go into Battle Hill, it go's along the Coast Road, pre 2010, the 309 used to go along the Coast Road aswell, as Battle Hill had the 75/76, but when they were ditched, the decision was made to have the 309 accompany the 310 through Battle Hill as replacements, personally i'd do something with the X39 since it only runs at peaks i would also revise the 309 to miss out Battle Hill

I know but personally I'd scrap the 308 completely as it is now. It misses the most important place (Cobalt) and as result ends up with complete saturation North of Whitley Bay

Something like the above would be much better which is basically what I mentioned, with the Blyth to Whitley Bay bit being done on one route running express via Cobalt, then the 306/308 being changed into doing the old 325/326 route give or take and acting as a local route in North Tyneside. The green route being the 307 which I'd be tempted to drop down to every 30 minutes doing all the nooks and crannies so people further afield aren't impacted - people in Meadowell have the Metro anyway.

Just treat the 3 corridors as 3 seperate routes, it's what they are effectively than shoehorning everything together messily.
(21 May 2024, 1:04 pm)Storx wrote I know but personally I'd scrap the 308 completely as it is now. It misses the most important place (Cobalt) and as result ends up with complete saturation North of Whitley Bay

Something like the above would be much better which is basically what I mentioned, with the Blyth to Whitley Bay bit being done on one route running express via Cobalt, then the 306/308 being changed into doing the old 325/326 route give or take and acting as a local route in North Tyneside. The green route being the 307 which I'd be tempted to drop down to every 30 minutes doing all the nooks and crannies so people further afield aren't impacted - people in Meadowell have the Metro anyway.

Just treat the 3 corridors as 3 seperate routes, it's what they are effectively than shoehorning everything together messily.
I'd say your 325/326 idea is alot like the 75/76 (315/316) it could probably work given all the new developments popping up, not sure about the 307 down to every half hour unless its combining with something else, i get where you're coming from but for me its no, in the days of the 75 im sure that ran every half an hour combining with the 76 at Middle Engine Lane making it every 15 minutes from there, but also combined again with the 40C/41C which i think took it to every 7-10 minutes (dont quote me on that), i also think something like the old 300 would be good
Kind Regards
Tez
(21 May 2024, 6:03 pm)V514DFT wrote I'd say your 325/326 idea is alot like the 75/76 (315/316) it could probably work given all the new developments popping up, not sure about the 307 down to every half hour unless its combining with something else, i get where you're coming from but for me its no, in the days of the 75 im sure that ran every half an hour combining with the 76 at Middle Engine Lane making it every 15 minutes from there, but also combined again with the 40C/41C which i think took it to every 7-10 minutes (dont quote me on that), i also think something like the old 300 would be good

Yeah you're right actually, wrong number. Yeah you're right with the 325/326 bridging the gap though.

I don't know, I just think there needs to be one bus to Blyth and it really needs to be the 309 but not via the doors of Battle Hill. Whitley Bay to Blyth currently is absolutely stupidly overbussed and they're dead, like literally. You'd be lucky if there's double figures on most of them, even at peak times since there's no real reason to go along there other than Cobalt or Whitley Bay, no-one sensible is going to use that route to Newcastle and would always choose the X7-X11/X30 instead as they're just quicker and there's literally nothing on the Coast Road to actually go to.

Even in the day of buses everywhere there was only ever 4 buses an hour on the 308 between Newcastle and Blyth via Seaton Sluice. What you do with the 306/307/308 is open really, so agree with some of the stuff your saying, probably best to ask those in Battle Hill where they actually want to be rather than giving a bus to somewhere they never go, as at the end of the day it's mostly for them really since all the main points; Whitley, Cobalt, NT Hospital, Blyth, Seaton Sluice would be on the new express above anyway.
(21 May 2024, 8:32 pm)Storx wrote Yeah you're right actually, wrong number. Yeah you're right with the 325/326 bridging the gap though.

I don't know, I just think there needs to be one bus to Blyth and it really needs to be the 309 but not via the doors of Battle Hill. Whitley Bay to Blyth currently is absolutely stupidly overbussed and they're dead, like literally. You'd be lucky if there's double figures on most of them, even at peak times since there's no real reason to go along there other than Cobalt or Whitley Bay, no-one sensible is going to use that route to Newcastle and would always choose the X7-X11/X30 instead as they're just quicker and there's literally nothing on the Coast Road to actually go to.

Even in the day of buses everywhere there was only ever 4 buses an hour on the 308 between Newcastle and Blyth via Seaton Sluice. What you do with the 306/307/308 is open really, so agree with some of the stuff your saying, probably best to ask those in Battle Hill where they actually want to be rather than giving a bus to somewhere they never go, as at the end of the day it's mostly for them really since all the main points; Whitley, Cobalt, NT Hospital, Blyth, Seaton Sluice would be on the new express above anyway.

Problem is merging, seems to have been a trend in the mid 2000's, and it wasnt just GNE at it, they all were
10/11,seems to have been merged with 13/14 over in South Tyneside, Arriva's 44 over in North Tyneside, the "60's" in North Tyneside, a load in Sunderland and Durham, its why we end up with silly routes that go all over the place
Kind Regards
Tez
(21 May 2024, 9:02 pm)V514DFT wrote Problem is merging, seems to have been a trend in the mid 2000's, and it wasnt just GNE at it, they all were
10/11,seems to have been merged with 13/14 over in South Tyneside, Arriva's 44 over in North Tyneside, the "60's" in North Tyneside, a load in Sunderland and Durham, its why we end up with silly routes that go all over the place

Aye can't disagree to be honest. Like if we're going down the real suggestion route and going all guns in, I'd love to see a proper cross city route which runs from Whitley Bay / Tynemouth right across to West Denton / Westerhope then less frequent services filling the gaps rather than buses round the doors of everywhere.

Maybe seeing routes on 10/11/38 corridors in the West and 38/306/307/308 to the East or similar (not going to suggest specifics). Now we don't have the 'territories' anything is open really. Similar with the North / South and having the likes of the Stagecoach 10/11/30/31 in Gosforth heading across the Tyne and merging onto the likes of the 53/54/57/58.

Cross city routes really suck in Newcastle imo and when you have multiple terminus points in multiple places in Newcastle, it's not a great place to interchange either.

It's a fair trek from Haymarket to Market Street for example, if it's pissing down with rain.
(07 Jun 2024, 10:29 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote We already have the 90 & 92 to get workers to Team Valley would there be a market for an all day hourly service combining the two.

I suggest the 91 between Percy Main & Team Valley as it follows the 307/41/12/22 routes all at once and would be a nice link
(07 Jun 2024, 10:31 pm)Aaron21 wrote I suggest the 91 between Percy Main & Team Valley as it follows the 307/41/12/22 routes all at once and would be a nice link
What would it replace though, byker, wallsend and walker don't need any more buses. If you sent it to Winlaton you could maybe give Market Lane a regular service and also make Winlaton to Blaydon via Hole-In-The-Wall half-hourly.
Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
(07 Jun 2024, 10:40 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote What would it replace though, byker, wallsend and walker don't need any more buses. If you sent it to Winlaton you could maybe give Market Lane a regular service and also make Winlaton to Blaydon via Hole-In-The-Wall half-hourly.

Wouldn't replace anything. It wouldn't need to. It's a link from Percy Main to Team Valley that follows all of the above area that would be a direct link for people instead of having to change buses constantly
Here is a idea for a few hourly Washington Locals. (All with a PVR of 2).

Kibblesworth, Northisde Estate, Birtley, South Portobello, Barley Mow, Ayton, Lambton, The Galleries, Washington Village, Barmston Court, Peel Retail Park

Reasoning
  • Service would replace TB14 improving overall capacity
  • Service would also connect Kibblesworth, Northside Estate, Blackfell Way & Dorset Avenue to The Galleries.
  • Would give buses back to Cambrian Way (Lambton & Richmond Avenue (Washington Village).

Harlow Green, Wrekenton, Eighton Banks, Springwell Village, Donwell, B&Q Warehouse, Blackfell, The Galleries, Biddick, Fatfield Bridge, Harraton.

Reasoning
  • Service would replace TB22/TB23 improving overall capacity
  • Service would give Waverley Road more buses per Hour to Wrekenton and new direct links to the Galleries.
  • Would reinstate direct services from The to Donwell Bus Link & Bonemill Lane (Harraton).

Waterview Park, Cherry Blossom Way, Sulgrave, Concord, Albany, The Galleries, Glebe, Fatfield, Barnwell, Penshaw, Shiney Row, Success, Newbottle. 

Reasoning
  • Service would give Success Road, Coaley Lane, Windermere Crescent, Penshaw Village, The Limes & Langdale road direct buses to Washington.
  • Would also reinstate buses along Station Road (Sulgrave) and Direct Concord to Waterview Park buses.
  • Service would improve connections for Cherry Blossom Way Factories & Warehouses from Concord & The Galleries.
  • Easy Links would be opened up to Albany (Moorway) and nearby residents.
Sunderland to Sunderland circluar via Royal Hospital, St Lukes Cross, Enterprise Park, Peel Retail Park, The Galleries, Lambton (Cambrian Way), Ayton, Barley Mow, South Portobello, Birtley, Northside Estate, Blackfell (Knoulberry Road), Oxclose, The Galleries, Peel Retail Park, Enterprise Park, St Lukes Cross, & Royal Hospital

36A 
Reverse of 36

Reasoning
Sunderland to Washington in 30 mins.
Half-Hourly Washington to Birtley (1x36 1x36A)
Bigger buses than used currently (TB14)
Reinstated buses from Dorset Avenue, Vigo Shops & Blackfell Way to the Galleries.
Direct buses from Birtley & Birtley Estates to Sunderland. 
Would provide greener buses for Washington.
(27 Jun 2024, 3:32 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote 36
Sunderland to Sunderland circluar via Royal Hospital, St Lukes Cross, Enterprise Park, Peel Retail Park, The Galleries, Lambton (Cambrian Way), Ayton, Barley Mow, South Portobello, Birtley, Northside Estate, Blackfell (Knoulberry Road), Oxclose, The Galleries, Peel Retail Park, Enterprise Park, St Lukes Cross, & Royal Hospital

36A 
Reverse of 36

Reasoning
Sunderland to Washington in 30 mins.
Half-Hourly Washington to Birtley (1x36 1x36A)
Bigger buses than used currently (TB14)
Reinstated buses from Dorset Avenue, Vigo Shops & Blackfell Way to the Galleries.
Direct buses from Birtley & Birtley Estates to Sunderland. 
Would provide greener buses for Washington.

Not a bad suggestion but I think I would re-route it to operate via Pallion Retail Park and then onto the Northern Spire bridge. Service 8 currently serves the Enterprise Park. Wouldn't mind it being extended to serve Barmston and Washington Village as well and that would more or less give a direct bus from all villages in Washington to Sunderland. I think an hourly frequency would be fine for these services too
Low height issue sorted on the Derwentside - Newcastle services with cleaner and simpler headways between Sunniside and Newcastle. Surely off peak, 2x fast per hour (X30/X31) Stanley to Newcastle is more than enough with maybe some peak extras like now thrown in.

Note this is a different timetable suggestion to the one posted in the July 2024 changes thread. Long layover of the X73 removed in Stanley and interworking pattern for the X30/X45/X70/X73

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10747]
Here's how I would change GNE's North Tyneside network:.

(Blue) 1 : Metrocentre - Whitley Bay [Every 20 minutes, Coaster, PVR = 11]
(Orange) 9 : North Shields, Sunderland [Every 30 minutes, PVR = 4]
(Brown) 41 : Wallsend - North Shields Ferry & Fish Quay [Every 30 minutes, PVR = 3]
(Red) 42/42A : Wallsend - Cramlington/Whitley Bay  [Comb. Every 30 minutes, Comb. PVR = 5]
(D Grey) 307 : Newcastle - North Shields [Every 20 minutes, Cobalt & Coast, PVR = 6].
(L Grey) 309 : Newcastle - Whitley Bay [Every 20 minutes, Cobalt & Coast, PVR = 8]
(D Red) 353 : Cramlington - North Shields [Every 30 minutes, PVR = 5].
(Purple) 354 : Newcastle - North Shields  [Every 30 minutes, North Tyne Rockets, Comb. PVR = 9
(Pink) 355 : Newcastle - Northumberland Park/Whitley Bay  [Every 30 minutes, North Tyne Rockets, Comb. PVR = 9]

42/42A interwork; 354/355 interwork; everything else standalone; 9 operated by Deptford if necessary
  • 1 has a faster journey to Metrocentre from East Newcastle & the coast (via the 49 route in Dunston); the 49/49A could operate the 96 and old 95 routes in Lobley Hill instead, improving links here too.
  • 41/42/42A each create new links and cover the 19 & W1 so they can be withdrawn. There are no lost links to cobalt, and it is only a short walk from Silverlink into Tyne Tunnel Trading Estate. This incorporates the 41/41A current frequency to Hadrian Pk (but as 41/42/42A)
  • 352 is withdrawn to improve services that aren't duplicated for 95% of the route and provide worse connections than the competitor (in this case the 37)
  • 353 standalone and freq increase. Slight route change in Forest Hall now covered by the 354.
  • 354 route change to be original route through Gosforth-Longbenton and then new route through Forest Hall, then via Briardene Way instead of Backworth Lane (now covered by 355), route then splits from the 353 and operates via Preston Grange, opening new links. Frequency now upped to every 30 mins.
  • 355 route change, so it operates via Forest Hall-Quorum-Killingworth, then via Backworth Lane to Northumberland Park. The route will then go via the 351 route to Whitley Bay, opening new links. Alternative jopurneys will terminate short at Northumberland Park. Frequency: every 30 minutes to Northumberland Park Interchange.
  • Northumberland Park is now treated as an interchange, with the 354/355/42/42A serving it with 11 buses per hour between the services. 

(09 Jul 2024, 1:16 pm)logidoodah wrote Here's how I would change GNE's North Tyneside network:.

(Blue) 1 : Metrocentre - Whitley Bay [Every 20 minutes, Coaster, PVR = 11]
(Orange) 9 : North Shields, Sunderland [Every 30 minutes, PVR = 4]
(Brown) 41 : Wallsend - North Shields Ferry & Fish Quay [Every 30 minutes, PVR = 3]
(Red) 42/42A : Wallsend - Cramlington/Whitley Bay  [Comb. Every 30 minutes, Comb. PVR = 5]
(D Grey) 307 : Newcastle - North Shields [Every 20 minutes, Cobalt & Coast, PVR = 6].
(L Grey) 309 : Newcastle - Whitley Bay [Every 20 minutes, Cobalt & Coast, PVR = 8]
(D Red) 353 : Cramlington - North Shields [Every 30 minutes, PVR = 5].
(Purple) 354 : Newcastle - North Shields  [Every 30 minutes, North Tyne Rockets, Comb. PVR = 9
(Pink) 355 : Newcastle - Northumberland Park/Whitley Bay  [Every 30 minutes, North Tyne Rockets, Comb. PVR = 9]

42/42A interwork; 354/355 interwork; everything else standalone; 9 operated by Deptford if necessary
  • 1 has a faster journey to Metrocentre from East Newcastle & the coast (via the 49 route in Dunston); the 49/49A could operate the 96 and old 95 routes in Lobley Hill instead, improving links here too.
  • 41/42/42A each create new links and cover the 19 & W1 so they can be withdrawn. There are no lost links to cobalt, and it is only a short walk from Silverlink into Tyne Tunnel Trading Estate. This incorporates the 41/41A current frequency to Hadrian Pk (but as 41/42/42A)
  • 352 is withdrawn to improve services that aren't duplicated for 95% of the route and provide worse connections than the competitor (in this case the 37)
  • 353 standalone and freq increase. Slight route change in Forest Hall now covered by the 354.
  • 354 route change to be original route through Gosforth-Longbenton and then new route through Forest Hall, then via Briardene Way instead of Backworth Lane (now covered by 355), route then splits from the 353 and operates via Preston Grange, opening new links. Frequency now upped to every 30 mins.
  • 355 route change, so it operates via Forest Hall-Quorum-Killingworth, then via Backworth Lane to Northumberland Park. The route will then go via the 351 route to Whitley Bay, opening new links. Alternative jopurneys will terminate short at Northumberland Park. Frequency: every 30 minutes to Northumberland Park Interchange.
  • Northumberland Park is now treated as an interchange, with the 354/355/42/42A serving it with 11 buses per hour between the services. 

Not sure I agree with them from the Northern area, it's all much of the same (also unless you're putting breadvans on then the 19/W1 merger is a no go.

Assuming franchising now I'd look at something like instead personally for the non Newcastle routes:

With the following services all running every 30 minutes:

53 (Purple): Newbiggin Hall to North Shields via Kingston Park, Dudley, Killingworth, Forest Hall, Shiremoor, Cobalt
57 (Blue): Morpeth to North Shields via Bedlington, Cramlington, Seaton Delaval, Monkseaton, Whitley Bay, NT Hospital
58 (Red): Ashington to North Shields via Bedlington Station, Bedlington, Cramlington Ind. Estates, Cramlington, East Cramlington, Seaton Delaval, Backworth, Cobalt, Silverlink
59 (Orange): East Hartford to Wallsend via Cramlington, Killingworth, Forest Hall

With these current routes scrapped:
43 (Cramlington to Morpeth)
57/57A
317 (North Shields to Whitley Bay)

It would open lots of new links between the main towns without any real dog legs and remove the Deckers from the 43 between Morpeth and Cramlington which are over kill.
(09 Jul 2024, 8:31 pm)Storx wrote Not sure I agree with them from the Northern area, it's all much of the same (also unless you're putting breadvans on then the 19/W1 merger is a no go.

Assuming franchising now I'd look at something like instead personally for the non Newcastle routes:

With the following services all running every 30 minutes:

53 (Purple): Newbiggin Hall to North Shields via Kingston Park, Dudley, Killingworth, Forest Hall, Shiremoor, Cobalt
57 (Blue): Morpeth to North Shields via Bedlington, Cramlington, Seaton Delaval, Monkseaton, Whitley Bay, NT Hospital
58 (Red): Ashington to North Shields via Bedlington Station, Bedlington, Cramlington Ind. Estates, Cramlington, East Cramlington, Seaton Delaval, Backworth, Cobalt, Silverlink
59 (Orange): East Hartford to Wallsend via Cramlington, Killingworth, Forest Hall

With these current routes scrapped:
43 (Cramlington to Morpeth)
57/57A
317 (North Shields to Whitley Bay)

It would open lots of new links between the main towns without any real dog legs and remove the Deckers from the 43 between Morpeth and Cramlington which are over kill.

To be honest I don’t think the 342 as it is should extend to Westerhope that could very easily be integrated into the 87 Stagecoach route which would fit in with the network in the area. Your 53 then could operate as you’ve suggested.
(09 Jul 2024, 9:00 pm)Coastliner700 wrote To be honest I don’t think the 342 as it is should extend to Westerhope that could very easily be integrated into the 87 Stagecoach route which would fit in with the network in the area. Your 53 then could operate as you’ve suggested.

Not a bad shout that to be fair, but instead of the 87. Maybe you could just create a brand new service, playing around with the 32/32A and give a full airport service all day, it's bonkers there's no service from the West End towards it bar beyond midnight.

Maybe something like these two routes:

The 32/32A in it's current form is one hell of a crazy route, and there's no lost links bar Kenton to Benwell - sure there's massive demand for that though.
Here you go, a much cleaner service between Sunniside and Newcastle than the scheduled changes. Not only sorting the low height issue out and vehicles being better utilised, but most reliefs could be done at Consett and clearly within company mandated (4hr59m) and legal (5hr30m) driving hours.

No real cuts in service either other than Whickham & Dunston going back to 2x buses per hour upto every 30 minutes. And a far cleaner headway for the X30/X31 too from Stanley and Newcastle giving a bus upto every 20 minutes.

E400MMC - 20x
- 6338-40 & 6347-55 = X10/X21 (PVR 12 - includes 6377)
- 6341-44 = X31/X71 (PVR 4)
- 6336, 6337, 6345, 6346 = X30/X70 (PVR 4)

X31/X71 would have guaranteed bike bays, and most X70 and some X30 journeys also featuring them subject to vehicle availability for the X30/X70.

StreetDeck - 9x
- 6377 = X10/X21 (PVR 12 - includes 11x E400MMC)
- 6356-63 = X30/X45/X73 (PVR 9 - includes 6102)

Note that any VOR on X31/X71 boards, would be covered by an E400MMC pulled off services X30/X70 and a full height misc spare allocated on services X30/X70.

B9TL - 1x
- 6102 = X30/X45/X73 (PVR 9 - includes 8x StreetDeck)
* Percy Main still left with ratio of 1:7 spare for 307 & 309 (PVR 14)
(11 Jul 2024, 9:00 pm)L469 YVK wrote Here you go, a much cleaner service between Sunniside and Newcastle than the scheduled changes. Not only sorting the low height issue out and vehicles being better utilised, but most reliefs could be done at Consett and clearly within company mandated (4hr59m) and legal (5hr30m) driving hours.

No real cuts in service either other than Whickham & Dunston going back to 2x buses per hour upto every 30 minutes. And a far cleaner headway for the X30/X31 too from Stanley and Newcastle giving a bus upto every 20 minutes.

E400MMC - 20x
- 6338-40 & 6347-55 = X10/X21 (PVR 12 - includes 6377)
- 6341-44 = X31/X71 (PVR 4)
- 6336, 6337, 6345, 6346 = X30/X70 (PVR 4)

X31/X71 would have guaranteed bike bays, and most X70 and some X30 journeys also featuring them subject to vehicle availability for the X30/X70.

StreetDeck - 9x
- 6377 = X10/X21 (PVR 12 - includes 11x E400MMC)
- 6356-63 = X30/X45/X73 (PVR 9 - includes 6102)

Note that any VOR on X31/X71 boards, would be covered by an E400MMC pulled off services X30/X70 and a full height misc spare allocated on services X30/X70.

B9TL - 1x
- 6102 = X30/X45/X73 (PVR 9 - includes 8x StreetDeck)
* Percy Main still left with ratio of 1:7 spare for 307 & 309 (PVR 14)

Here we go again. You and your wild fantasy of pvr. Would love to see you be the allocation man at gne. You would be perfect cause clearly you know everything. Please stop coming up with your wild allocation and wild service suggestions about the 307 out of Hadrian Park. Please just stop. It's generally getting annoying
(11 Jul 2024, 9:42 pm)Aaron21 wrote Here we go again. You and your wild fantasy of pvr. Would love to see you be the allocation man at gne. You would be perfect cause clearly you know everything. Please stop coming up with your wild allocation and wild service suggestions about the 307 out of Hadrian Park. Please just stop. It's generally getting annoying

And other than the X70 being slightly slower (with most common sections covered by faster X71 & X73), and Whickham & Dunston going back to 2bph as it always pretty much has been bar short spells, it would be a rather positive set of changes including even better links to Gateshead from Stanley. And a way more efficient and reliable interworking pattern greatly reducing the need for remote reliefs.

307 only mentioned becuase if there was a PVR of 17 in total for the Derwent to Newcastle X-Lines routes, they'd need to find another suitable vehicle. Also not forgetting that if GNE go with a PVR of 12x and everything interworking in the current set of changes, they'll still be in the same position with there only being 16 E400MMC at Consett (5x also being needed on the X45).
(11 Jul 2024, 9:42 pm)Aaron21 wrote Here we go again. You and your wild fantasy of pvr. Would love to see you be the allocation man at gne. You would be perfect cause clearly you know everything. Please stop coming up with your wild allocation and wild service suggestions about the 307 out of Hadrian Park. Please just stop. It's generally getting annoying

Bit like you when you used to constantly mention the 42/42A.....
Kind Regards
Tez
(12 Jul 2024, 9:24 am)V514DFT wrote Bit like you when you used to constantly mention the 42/42A.....

Least I didn't constantly mention it every day and how this that and other should happen. It gets annoying hearing this dudes wildest fantasy about the allocation list he dreams about
(12 Jul 2024, 11:00 am)Aaron21 wrote Least I didn't constantly mention it every day and how this that and other should happen. It gets annoying hearing this dudes wildest fantasy about the allocation list he dreams about

Firstly, no mention of Hadrian Park for a good few weeks / months until thread about price changes.....and a very valid point then made given GNE's previous attitudes to hub & spoke

Secondly, last Derwentside post also very relevant given the upcoming changes. Faor enough we all have our opinions on vehicles, allocations etc. But some of us do put the numbers and work in to come up with suggestions. And definitely no easy feat coming up with a suggestion timetable with constraints either.

And it's not to say I don't welcome constructive criticism either backed up by facts & figures and good counter arguments!
This my plan to provide more buses for East Gateshead, CLS, Birtley & Washington

19 (Half-Hourly)
Gateshead, Whitehall Road, Racecourse Estate, Team Valley (Dukesway, Retail World, Sainsburys, Royal Mail & Queensway)

24 (Every 20 Mins)
Newcastle, Gateshead, Low Fell, Harlow Green, Wrekenton, Springwell Estate, Fewster Square, Wardley (Wardley Lane)

26/26A (Half-Hourly)
Newcastle, Gateshead, Q.E Hospital, Wrekenton, Eighton Banks (26A), Birtley, Portobello, Barley Mow, North Lodge (26), Chester-Le-Street, Waldridge Park (26), Pelton Fell (26A), Newfield (26A)

33 (Half-Hourly)
Newcastle, Gateshead, Saltwell Park, Team Valley South, Kibblesworth, Ouston, Pelton, Hilda Park, Chester-Le-Street, Plawsworth, Nettlesworth, Sacriston, Witton Gillbert, Lanchester.

68/68A (Half Hourly)
Newcastle, Gateshead, Deckham (Broadway), Q.E Hospital, Felling Square, Heworth, Bill Quay (68A), Monkton Lane (68), Hebburn (68A), Lukes Lane (68)

Same Route & Frequency as Now

S1 (Half-Hourly)
Sunderland, Royal Hospital, Pallion, Peel, Barmston, Washington Village, The Galleries, Lambton, Ayton, then Hourly to Barley Mow, South Portobello, Birtley, Northside Estate, Kibblesworth

S2 (Half Hourly)
Sunderland, Royal Hospital, Broadway, Hastings Hill, Shiney Row, Harraton, The Galleries, Blackfell, B&Q, then Hourly to Donwell, Springwell Village, Eighton Banks, Rugby Gardens, Wrekenton

S3 (Hourly)
Waterview Park, Cherry Blossom Way, Sulgrave, Concord, The Galleries, Biddick, Fatfield, Barnwell, Penshaw, Shiney Row, Success, Newbottle, Burnside Estate, Houghton-Le-Spring & Hall Lane Estate

The 25, 29, 79, 81, 515, 700D, 701D, 702D, 703D, TB14, TB23 & TB29 would be withdrawn. All buses would be operated from a Washington-based SuperDepot. 

Green: Washington Area (All Buses Branded as Spark)
Purple: CLS Area (All Buses Branded as Click)
Orange: East Gateshead Area (All Buses Branded as Heeders)

Vehicle Allocations
All buses would be Electric buses with Aircon, Four Wheel Steering, Panoramic Windows/Skylights, Full USB/Wireless Charging with max seating capacities of 15-18 (19, S1-S3), 30-33 (26/26A, 33, 68, 71) & 40-43 (24)
(19 Jul 2024, 1:27 pm)V514DFT wrote So would you keep the already existing 19,24,26, and 33 

I tried to make the numbers fit alongside the existing 21 & 28.
Having buses branded by area along with sequencial numbers, seemed like a good idea. You would renumber services appropriately to fit the area.
(19 Jul 2024, 12:56 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote This my plan to provide more buses for East Gateshead, CLS, Birtley & Washington

19 (Half-Hourly)
Gateshead, Whitehall Road, Racecourse Estate, Team Valley (Dukesway, Retail World, Sainsburys, Royal Mail & Queensway)

24 (Every 20 Mins)
Newcastle, Gateshead, Low Fell, Harlow Green, Wrekenton, Springwell Estate, Fewster Square, Wardley (Wardley Lane)

26/26A (Half-Hourly)
Newcastle, Gateshead, Q.E Hospital, Wrekenton, Eighton Banks (26A), Birtley, Portobello, Barley Mow, North Lodge (26), Chester-Le-Street, Waldridge Park (26), Pelton Fell (26A), Newfield (26A)

33 (Half-Hourly)
Newcastle, Gateshead, Saltwell Park, Team Valley South, Kibblesworth, Ouston, Pelton, Hilda Park, Chester-Le-Street, Plawsworth, Nettlesworth, Sacriston, Witton Gillbert, Lanchester.

68/68A (Half Hourly)
Newcastle, Gateshead, Deckham (Broadway), Q.E Hospital, Felling Square, Heworth, Bill Quay (68A), Monkton Lane (68), Hebburn (68A), Lukes Lane (68)

Same Route & Frequency as Now

S1 (Half-Hourly)
Sunderland, Royal Hospital, Pallion, Peel, Barmston, Washington Village, The Galleries, Lambton, Ayton, then Hourly to Barley Mow, South Portobello, Birtley, Northside Estate, Kibblesworth

S2 (Half Hourly)
Sunderland, Royal Hospital, Broadway, Hastings Hill, Shiney Row, Harraton, The Galleries, Blackfell, B&Q, then Hourly to Donwell, Springwell Village, Eighton Banks, Rugby Gardens, Wrekenton

S3 (Hourly)
Waterview Park, Cherry Blossom Way, Sulgrave, Concord, The Galleries, Biddick, Fatfield, Barnwell, Penshaw, Shiney Row, Success, Newbottle, Burnside Estate, Houghton-Le-Spring & Hall Lane Estate

The 25, 29, 79, 81, 515, 700D, 701D, 702D, 703D, TB14, TB23 & TB29 would be withdrawn. All buses would be operated from a Washington-based SuperDepot. 

Green: Washington Area (All Buses Branded as Spark)
Purple: CLS Area (All Buses Branded as Click)
Orange: East Gateshead Area (All Buses Branded as Heeders)

Vehicle Allocations
All buses would be Electric buses with Aircon, Four Wheel Steering, Panoramic Windows/Skylights, Full USB/Wireless Charging with max seating capacities of 15-18 (19, S1-S3), 30-33 (26/26A, 33, 68, 71) & 40-43 (24)

You’d have 15-18 seats? That’s not going to work for the areas concerned!