You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Site Administrator
Gateshead Central Taxis
(30 Apr 2021, 3:29 pm)Jimmi wrote It's ex 5207 / NK54NVB and is with GCT

Don’t think it’s actually owned by GCT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RE: L&B Travel, Blaydon
Given that they seem to win work at being so cheap, I am surprised that GCT are able to sub-contract this work out to another operator in L&B and for both parties to still break even.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(03 May 2021, 9:39 pm)Adrian wrote Given that they seem to win work at being so cheap, I am surprised that GCT are able to sub-contract this work out to another operator in L&B and for both parties to still break even.

Wonder if the taxi and courier services are financially helping out the bus side.
(03 May 2021, 9:39 pm)Adrian wrote Given that they seem to win work at being so cheap, I am surprised that GCT are able to sub-contract this work out to another operator in L&B and for both parties to still break even.

Such heinous speculation.

I'm sure everything is above board.
Exactly how cheap are they?
Do you know what their operating costs are?
They have a much newer fleet than many operators in the North East - presumably leased, and they won't be cheap (although most repairs will be covered under warranty).
(07 May 2021, 7:43 am)6049 wrote It wouldn't surprise me if they were aiming to not make a profit.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Sounds like a great business model that unless, of course, it is being used as a front for international money laundering - but even then it's best to show a little bit of profit for the sake of keeping up appearances. 

Maybe the Traffic Commissioner's equivalent of AC-12 should be sent to investigate.
(06 May 2021, 9:58 pm)busmanT wrote Exactly how cheap are they?
Do you know what their operating costs are?
They have a much newer fleet than many operators in the North East - presumably leased, and they won't be cheap (although most repairs will be covered under warranty).

I don't believe Nexus make public a lot of this information, despite the Local Government transparency code.

No idea on their operating costs either, but based on 5 minutes research:
Pay rate for drivers... £9.00 to £10.50 based on a recent Facebook advertisement, excluding employer NI and pension contributions.
Bus leasing... maybe around £300 per bus per month? Never had a need to lease one, personally! 
Fuel... I don't believe they have their own tanks or a hedging policy, so prices seem to average around £4.90 a gallon of Diesel at the moment.

Clearly that doesn't include the cost of shared non-driving resource, premises rent, business rates, energy/water, paperclips, tea and biscuits or any other costs associated with running their business.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
L&B Travel, Blaydon
L&B Travel need to work on their timekeeping as I was in Hexham today getting shopping and the 885 they operate left Wentworth 15 minutes ahead (13:20) of the time that’s stated on the timetable (13:35). It came past me at the bus station at 13:22 failing to stop at Stand E which is stated on the timetable.

I’m not moaning by the way, just stating the facts as some people may need to catch that service and miss it due to the driver deciding to depart earlier than the stated time.

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
Site Administrator
L&B Travel, Blaydon
(11 May 2021, 3:24 pm)TEN 6083 wrote L&B Travel need to work on their timekeeping as I was in Hexham today getting shopping and the 885 they operate left Wentworth 15 minutes ahead (13:20) of the time that’s stated on the timetable (13:35). It came past me at the bus station at 13:22 failing to stop at Stand E which is stated on the timetable.

I’m not moaning by the way, just stating the facts as some people may need to catch that service and miss it due to the driver deciding to depart earlier than the stated time.

When did Rural Link stop operating this service?

L&B Travel, Blaydon
(11 May 2021, 3:29 pm)Dan wrote When did Rural Link stop operating this service?

Had a look on VOSA and Rural Link is the operator name on the registration so it looks like Rural Link have sub-contracted the service to L&B.

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/538137/

L&B Travel, Blaydon
(11 May 2021, 7:46 pm)GNE6312 wrote What are L&B using on the 885, also what does the L&B Fleet consist of?

Today was a black coach on the 885, think it was this one as saw it as I was going through Wentworth Car Park to go to Tesco and went to the bus station afterwards to get a photo of it but missed it as it came past earlier than it should of as I was waiting for a Tyne Valley Ten coming from Newcastle and by the time I saw it was too late to get a photo [Image: 2c24f5eb510c4f9d081b4dbdeb02bf90.jpg]

(11 May 2021, 8:13 pm)TEN 6083 wrote Today was a black coach, think it was a 08 plate

Interesting, what kind of coach?
Site Administrator
L&B Travel, Blaydon
(11 May 2021, 8:13 pm)TEN 6083 wrote Today was a black coach on the 885, think it was this one as saw it as I was going through Wentworth Car Park to go to Tesco and went to the bus station afterwards to get a photo of it but missed it as it came past earlier than it should of as I was waiting for a Tyne Valley Ten coming from Newcastle and by the time I saw it was too late to get a photo [Image: 2c24f5eb510c4f9d081b4dbdeb02bf90.jpg]

Surely it needs to be PSVAR compliant?!

(11 May 2021, 8:36 pm)Dan wrote Surely it needs to be PSVAR compliant?!

Probably will, I'm no expert so someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure day trip, holiday & scholars services are only allowed to be none PSVAR vehicles.
(12 May 2021, 7:05 am)GNE6312 wrote Probably will, I'm no expert so someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure day trip, holiday & scholars services are only allowed to be none PSVAR vehicles.

Don't scholars have to be PSVAR complaint now? I'm sure that's what all the fuss was about a while back with scholars services being withdrawn due to lack of PSVAR compliant vehicles
(12 May 2021, 7:27 am)streetdeckfan wrote Don't scholars have to be PSVAR complaint now? I'm sure that's what all the fuss was about a while back with scholars services being withdrawn due to lack of PSVAR compliant vehicles
Not sure but most scholars operated by independent coach operators are rarely PSVAR when I see them
(12 May 2021, 2:58 pm)GNE6312 wrote Not sure but most scholars operated by independent coach operators are rarely PSVAR when I see them

Pretty much every scholars coach I see is a Levante, which are PSVAR complaint.
(12 May 2021, 3:00 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Pretty much every scholars coach I see is a Levante, which are PSVAR complaint.
On my evening commute I often a lines of B12B non psvar panthers at Seaton sluice waiting to do scholars I also often one of those autosan coaches premier have (also none PSVAR) in the same line.