You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Newcastle Airport Renaming
Should change the name of newcastle airport into a historical name, a famous person from the north east of England, plenty other airports got renamed by a famous person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Newcastle Airport Renaming
(15 Jun 2021, 12:36 pm)cbma06 wrote Should change the name of newcastle airport into a historical name, a famous person from the north east of England, plenty other airports got renamed by a famous person

Jimmy Nail International Airport has a certain appeal I think
Newcastle Airport Renaming
(15 Jun 2021, 12:36 pm)Michael wrote I'm from Sunderland, and just keep it the way it is........ although... Sunderland Council have a massive stake in it.

I think it was 51% stake

(16 Jun 2021, 7:52 am)tcts24 wrote Jimmy Nail International Airport has a certain appeal I think

Joseph Swan?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(15 Jun 2021, 12:30 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote Apparently there is a campaign to rename the airport to Newcastle Sunderland Airport.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/1...rnational/
Strange as it is not exactly between Newcastle and Sunderland.  Mind you, the post indicating that Sunderland Council have a stake would explain why the Metro service changed to provide through trains from the Airport to Sunderland instead of South Shields.
(19 Jun 2021, 5:22 pm)Metroline1511 wrote Strange as it is not exactly between Newcastle and Sunderland.  Mind you, the post indicating that Sunderland Council have a stake would explain why the Metro service changed to provide through trains from the Airport to Sunderland instead of South Shields.

Pretty sure it is a legacy of the old T&W County Council and them having shares.
When that was abolished, each of the 'new' authorities, got a percentage of the airport.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'