You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: eCitaro on trial
(24 Aug 2021, 6:20 pm)Malarkey wrote Got caught off guard this afternoon by Mercedes-Benz eCitaro (MB21 BUS) - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...ed-public/

It appeared to be out on a test run, would've got a better shot if I stayed where I was on St. Omers Road for another few minutes... but these things happen.
I like em,very smart looking buses,possible candidate for the 49 or 57 maybe?
Kind Regards
Tez
(24 Aug 2021, 6:57 pm)omnicity4659 wrote Didn't last long at Transdev

In high demand given it's the first of it's kind in the UK

(24 Aug 2021, 7:19 pm)Adrian wrote Any idea what this is likely to go on to? I presume 53/54 to get a comparative test against the Yutong?

A few people have mentioned since I posted the 57 however I would agree with what you have regarding a comparative test on the 53/54.

I would also say the 33 given the Yutongs have been used a lot on their since entering service but I don't think Go North East would set aside in the region of £700,000 for two buses to operate a secured service.
(25 Aug 2021, 4:11 pm)CookieMonster wrote IF the new electric buses go on 57 i hope they are a full size single deck bus, not the mini bus size that's on the 53/54.
Good point, the Yutong demonstrator that Stagecoach had three years ago would be better, its an electric version of 5499/5500 , roughly equivalent of an E300. The Midi E10 was the right size to replace the little DFs used previously. Of course the 57 is the Citaro .. GNE will probably go with the same and take the risk of overcrowding...
(26 Aug 2021, 6:45 am)54APhotography wrote Good point, the Yutong demonstrator that Stagecoach had three years ago would be better, its an electric version of 5499/5500 , roughly equivalent of an E300. The Midi E10 was the right size to replace the little DFs used previously. Of course the 57 is the Citaro .. GNE will probably go with the same and take the risk of overcrowding...
GNE also had a demonstrator Yutong E12 a while back

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
eCitaro on trial
The eCitaro failed in Bensham earlier. I think it may have completed the trip to Gateshead, once they got it going again, but then seen about 12.10 being driven back to Riverside depot.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(06 Jan 2023, 1:16 pm)itsadam wrote Don't suppose anyone knows what's happening with the electric StreetDecks? Have they decided to buy any?
I believe Electric Deckers were expected in 2024 for the 21 Subject to government funding, but i dont know if this was ever approved.
(06 Jan 2023, 1:11 pm)Blockybus wrote It's now back at Go North East for a few weeks!!

https://flic.kr/p/2oa16Si

Great to see this back as it was superb when it was trialled in 2021 on the 53/54 and I'd certainly like to see some in the fleet in the coming years, the Yutongs are nice don't get me wrong but these are far more superior even if they are more costly.
(06 Jan 2023, 3:45 pm)Malarkey wrote Great to see this back as it was superb when it was trialled in 2021 on the 53/54 and I'd certainly like to see some in the fleet in the coming years, the Yutongs are nice don't get me wrong but these are far more superior even if they are more costly.

Didn't it spend more time off the road than it did in service?

For me, it's not a patch on the Yutong performance-wise, and I don't think there's anything in it compared to the way GNE have specified their interior fit.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(06 Jan 2023, 4:18 pm)Adrian wrote Didn't it spend more time off the road than it did in service?

For me, it's not a patch on the Yutong performance-wise, and I don't think there's anything in it compared to the way GNE have specified their interior fit.

It would be nice to see a BYD model trialled. They are the best selling model in Europe so there must be a decent run on them (or plenty of subsidies) 

Think they work with ADL and Go Ahead have the E Enviro400s
Wistfully stuck in the 90s