You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

repaints and long term vor

(21 Mar 2022, 4:36 pm)ian foster wrote Has anyone any ideas about what is happening with 5293. Also what is happening about 5323 - 5326 as they still have not been repainted for the blues.

Since the x1 going to do twice hourly to Peterlee, I would of expected to see the 55 withdrawn, as the x1 and 20 and SNE 4 covering the route with the optional peak x20 diverted to doxy for cover if needed, and the lane to Peterlee having overkill of 5 buses an hour daytime, would of thought that the branded violets would go on the 61 which would save branding the blue bird citarios, but if Sunderland changes in may not going up until at least October due to GNE getting another handout by the government to prolong the cuts until later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: repaints and long term vor
(21 Mar 2022, 4:49 pm)cbma06 wrote Since the x1 going to do twice hourly to Peterlee, I would of expected to see the 55 withdrawn, as the x1 and 20 and SNE 4 covering the route with the optional peak x20 diverted to doxy for cover if needed, and the lane to Peterlee having overkill of 5 buses an hour daytime, would of thought that the branded violets would go on the 61 which would save branding the blue bird citarios, but if Sunderland changes in may not going up until at least October due to GNE getting another handout by the government to prolong the cuts until later

Tbh, there is really no need to cut the Voilet, just changes its final stop, maybe take it down to Shotton and Wheatley Hill As I does it get busier, a lot of the time busier than the X20 leaving Park lane

The Venture Solo Sr is back, I think it was 646 which was due a new engine
BUt I wonder what happened to 3964 hasn't been in service in ages. There are three cherrys, which have yet to be in service for over a month 5392-5394

5448 hasn't been in service since new years eve, 5466 3rd Dec, Wonder what happened to the Poppy Bus.

6064 is off once again (shock horror/s) Is there are point of keeping it.
(21 Mar 2022, 5:23 pm)Unber43 wrote Tbh, there is really no need to cut the Voilet, just changes its final stop, maybe take it down to Shotton and Wheatley Hill As I does it get busier, a lot of the time busier than the X20 leaving Park lane

The Venture Solo Sr is back, I think it was 646 which was due a new engine

I would of stuck the x1 down to Haswell, along the side of Shotton, into Wheatley hill, up the side of Thornley and Ludworth to Haswell Plough, then Haswell back to the lane , hourly one way then other hourly vice versa, and do a leaflet door drop in the villages and pull the x1 between the lane and Peterlee

(21 Mar 2022, 5:49 pm)cbma06 wrote I would of stuck the x1 down to Haswell, along the side of  Shotton, into Wheatley hill, up the side of Thornley and Ludworth to Haswell Plough, then Haswell back to the lane , hourly one way then other hourly vice versa, and do a leaflet door drop in the villages and pull the x1 between the lane and Peterlee

They should do more leaflet drops, they could have did it past Murton or even Seaham with connections for the 65 and 62 for the X1 As loads didn't even know what the X1 was. 

They should have did it with fares. I know it is added expense but I can imagine it brings customers to GNE because the fares are quite cheap, £4 for a Sunderland Day Ticket, probs cheaper than Petrol. Some people now are struggling so much they are sleeping in the car park of their jobs.
If the Venture solo was back after a new engine it didn't last long. A couple of hours service according to bustimes. It's currently missing a number of panels . This is how it looks tonight. [Image: 681c6c91a9ce8b7364090e9738f0494b.jpg]

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
(21 Mar 2022, 5:34 pm)Unber43 wrote BUt I wonder what happened to 3964 hasn't been in service in ages. There are three cherrys, which have yet to be in service for over a month 5392-5394

5448 hasn't been in service since new years eve, 5466 3rd Dec,  Wonder what happened to the Poppy Bus.

6064 is off once again (shock horror/s) Is there are point of keeping it.
6064 was at the Volvo place at Crowther industrial estate on 11/3 along with 6070 and could be seen from the southbound A1(M).
(26 Mar 2022, 8:04 pm)nova347 wrote Does anyone know what's happened to 5292/5293/5294, all Cherry's?
5293 is still at Riverside in Citylink 57 missing a panel of the back left side
(26 Mar 2022, 8:04 pm)nova347 wrote Does anyone know what's happened to 5292/5293/5294, all Cherry's?

5292 & 5294 are currently VOR for engine repairs.
6331 is being repainted, and its not in the 2019 livery. 

I did hear someone on twitter saying he was told that all depots are to get a "special" bus. Wonder if this may be one.
(27 Mar 2022, 2:12 pm)V514DFT wrote What the hell.happened to that solo?
If you are on about the Venture Solo Above, its 646, it was off the road for like 6 months waiting for a new engine, came back into service for about 5 hours, then something happened and that is where that photo is from
Site Administrator
(27 Mar 2022, 2:24 pm)Unber43 wrote If you are on about the Venture Solo Above, its 646, it was off the road for like 6 months waiting for a new engine, came back into service for about 5 hours, then something happened and that is where that photo is from

It hasn’t been back in service.

(27 Mar 2022, 2:28 pm)Dan wrote It hasn’t been back in service.

Oh my apologies on bus times it said it went out the 10th of march.

Must just have been the ticket machine.

Is it going back in service or would it be cheaper to replace it with 647
I don't think Consett actually need 646. They have 641-5 and 721 and think they only need 4-5 Solos daily. Will be interesting to see what happens when it's fixed. It's missing a lot more side panels on the nearside so will probably need a repaint anyway when they're replaced.
(27 Mar 2022, 2:30 pm)Unber43 wrote Oh my apologies on bus times it said it went out the 10th of march.

Must just have been the ticket machine.

Is it going back in service or would it be cheaper to replace it with 647

Is 647 free? You make it sound like 647 is doing nothing all day! It seems to be getting used pretty frequently at Deptford, as pointed out Consett don’t have huge solo PVR compared to elsewhere.