Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events Hartlepool Tall Ships 2023 Park and Ride

Hartlepool Tall Ships 2023 Park and Ride

Hartlepool Tall Ships 2023 Park and Ride

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (3) 1 2 3 Next
12 Apr 2023, 9:19 am #1
Looks like Stagecoach have won Park and Ride shuttle for this years Tall Ships, hosted in Hartlepool.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cq23rKQIgj9/...mMyMTA2M2Y=
Attached Files
.png
IMG_0616.png
Size 2.6 MB / Downloads 53
.png
IMG_0617.png
Size 846.13 KB / Downloads 45
garrymc05
12 Apr 2023, 9:19 am #1

Looks like Stagecoach have won Park and Ride shuttle for this years Tall Ships, hosted in Hartlepool.

Attached Files
.png
IMG_0616.png
Size 2.6 MB / Downloads 53
.png
IMG_0617.png
Size 846.13 KB / Downloads 45

12 Apr 2023, 1:00 pm #2
wonder if they will get some of the ALX400s that are going spare before they go for scrap, slatyford and Sunderland are both struggling for decker's these days
toward6931
12 Apr 2023, 1:00 pm #2

wonder if they will get some of the ALX400s that are going spare before they go for scrap, slatyford and Sunderland are both struggling for decker's these days

Andreos1

12 Apr 2023, 1:18 pm #3
(12 Apr 2023, 9:19 am)garrymc05 Looks like Stagecoach have won Park and Ride shuttle for this years Tall Ships, hosted in Hartlepool.

Interesting. Was it TVCA who put the tender out? They're winning quite a bit off them if it was TVCA.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
12 Apr 2023, 1:18 pm #3

(12 Apr 2023, 9:19 am)garrymc05 Looks like Stagecoach have won Park and Ride shuttle for this years Tall Ships, hosted in Hartlepool.

Interesting. Was it TVCA who put the tender out? They're winning quite a bit off them if it was TVCA.

Storx

12 Apr 2023, 1:24 pm #4
(12 Apr 2023, 1:18 pm)Andreos1 Interesting. Was it TVCA who put the tender out? They're winning quite a bit off them if it was TVCA.

Wonder if anyone else is actually going for them. GoAhead are miles away so wouldn't be very sensible and Arriva don't have any buses to run them even if they wanted to.

Is there any independents down Middlesbrough way which could take on that sort of work - I can't think of any off the top of my head.
Storx
12 Apr 2023, 1:24 pm #4

(12 Apr 2023, 1:18 pm)Andreos1 Interesting. Was it TVCA who put the tender out? They're winning quite a bit off them if it was TVCA.

Wonder if anyone else is actually going for them. GoAhead are miles away so wouldn't be very sensible and Arriva don't have any buses to run them even if they wanted to.

Is there any independents down Middlesbrough way which could take on that sort of work - I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Andreos1

12 Apr 2023, 3:39 pm #5
(12 Apr 2023, 1:24 pm)Storx Wonder if anyone else is actually going for them. GoAhead are miles away so wouldn't be very sensible and Arriva don't have any buses to run them even if they wanted to.

Back in 2006 (something like that anyway) , ANE got it and with it came a load of 'new' vehicles from elsewhere that ended up supplementing the fleet.

I'm a cynical chap at the best of times, but just can't help seeing how much contracted work SNE are winning in the TVCA area and subsequently wondering if they're the only ones bidding or are just hitting on lucky.
Teesflex, Tesco shuttle bus, the 1 & 2, this... Not sure if there's anything they've not won!

Andreos1
12 Apr 2023, 3:39 pm #5

(12 Apr 2023, 1:24 pm)Storx Wonder if anyone else is actually going for them. GoAhead are miles away so wouldn't be very sensible and Arriva don't have any buses to run them even if they wanted to.

Back in 2006 (something like that anyway) , ANE got it and with it came a load of 'new' vehicles from elsewhere that ended up supplementing the fleet.

I'm a cynical chap at the best of times, but just can't help seeing how much contracted work SNE are winning in the TVCA area and subsequently wondering if they're the only ones bidding or are just hitting on lucky.
Teesflex, Tesco shuttle bus, the 1 & 2, this... Not sure if there's anything they've not won!

RobinHood

12 Apr 2023, 5:21 pm #6
The tender doesn't close until next week. This is simply Stagecoach being a partner.

Link to the tender here:

https://www.hartlepool.gov.uk/info/20003...ontracts/1

(12 Apr 2023, 3:39 pm)Andreos1 Back in 2006 (something like that anyway) , ANE got it and with it came a load of 'new' vehicles from elsewhere that ended up supplementing the fleet.

Classic Coaches won the last P&R for tall ships, but they subcontracted Arriva in.

From that list though, I understand Arriva only bid on the 1&2 but everything else Stagecoach won as the only bidder.

I believe however Arriva will not be bidding for this P&R either, so Stagecoach could easily win it - but may require Arriva to be subcontracted in?
Edited 12 Apr 2023, 5:22 pm by RobinHood.
RobinHood
12 Apr 2023, 5:21 pm #6

The tender doesn't close until next week. This is simply Stagecoach being a partner.

Link to the tender here:

(12 Apr 2023, 3:39 pm)Andreos1 Back in 2006 (something like that anyway) , ANE got it and with it came a load of 'new' vehicles from elsewhere that ended up supplementing the fleet.

Classic Coaches won the last P&R for tall ships, but they subcontracted Arriva in.

From that list though, I understand Arriva only bid on the 1&2 but everything else Stagecoach won as the only bidder.

I believe however Arriva will not be bidding for this P&R either, so Stagecoach could easily win it - but may require Arriva to be subcontracted in?

12 Apr 2023, 8:39 pm #7
I remember when it was in Blyth in 2016 and GNE had the P&R and used the omnidekkas when they first came up (including afew in B&H livery) and Vykings aswell as afew B9s & yellow bus olyimpians
EastCoastMXZ1751
12 Apr 2023, 8:39 pm #7

I remember when it was in Blyth in 2016 and GNE had the P&R and used the omnidekkas when they first came up (including afew in B&H livery) and Vykings aswell as afew B9s & yellow bus olyimpians

12 Apr 2023, 10:49 pm #8
(12 Apr 2023, 5:21 pm)RobinHood The tender doesn't close until next week. This is simply Stagecoach being a partner.

Link to the tender here:

Was gonna say, that press release is nowt to do with running the park and ride as far as I can see.  It's 400 free megariders for the council in exchange for plastering their logo all over the event basically.
stagecoachbusdepot
12 Apr 2023, 10:49 pm #8

(12 Apr 2023, 5:21 pm)RobinHood The tender doesn't close until next week. This is simply Stagecoach being a partner.

Link to the tender here:

Was gonna say, that press release is nowt to do with running the park and ride as far as I can see.  It's 400 free megariders for the council in exchange for plastering their logo all over the event basically.

idiot

12 Apr 2023, 11:40 pm #9
Excellent event for local businesses
Done wonders for Sunderland
idiot
12 Apr 2023, 11:40 pm #9

Excellent event for local businesses

col87

13 Apr 2023, 1:45 pm #10
I think if you read the article they is no mention of park and ride it’s just that volunteers can use vouchers to get there for free and they sponsoring the event.  Any news on if a park and ride and who is operating it if they is one is not actually known yet.

(12 Apr 2023, 11:40 pm)idiot Excellent event for local businesses

not so much for Hartlepool some of the prices they wanted to charge for local businesses was ridiculous, a lot of them not been able to afford stalls for it.

I don’t think it really stops them though does it after all when Middlesbrough had the radio 1 big weekend back in 2018 2019 whenever it was they did services for that.  When Classic coaches and Garnetts did it in 2010 they simply set up a temporary base here and did it that way so really nothing to stop anyone from bidding on it.
Edited 13 Apr 2023, 1:52 pm by col87.
col87
13 Apr 2023, 1:45 pm #10

I think if you read the article they is no mention of park and ride it’s just that volunteers can use vouchers to get there for free and they sponsoring the event.  Any news on if a park and ride and who is operating it if they is one is not actually known yet.

(12 Apr 2023, 11:40 pm)idiot Excellent event for local businesses

not so much for Hartlepool some of the prices they wanted to charge for local businesses was ridiculous, a lot of them not been able to afford stalls for it.

I don’t think it really stops them though does it after all when Middlesbrough had the radio 1 big weekend back in 2018 2019 whenever it was they did services for that.  When Classic coaches and Garnetts did it in 2010 they simply set up a temporary base here and did it that way so really nothing to stop anyone from bidding on it.

14 Apr 2023, 11:22 am #11
If I am Stagecoach sponsoring this event then I would make it a condition that no other operator gets the Park and Ride.
Brampton Trev
14 Apr 2023, 11:22 am #11

If I am Stagecoach sponsoring this event then I would make it a condition that no other operator gets the Park and Ride.

Dan

Site Administrator

14 Apr 2023, 2:48 pm #12
(14 Apr 2023, 11:22 am)Brampton Trev If I am Stagecoach sponsoring this event then I would make it a condition that no other operator gets the Park and Ride.

That’s not really within the council’s interest! Surely they will want to go with the cheapest operator, otherwise Stagecoach might inflate their price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
14 Apr 2023, 2:48 pm #12

(14 Apr 2023, 11:22 am)Brampton Trev If I am Stagecoach sponsoring this event then I would make it a condition that no other operator gets the Park and Ride.

That’s not really within the council’s interest! Surely they will want to go with the cheapest operator, otherwise Stagecoach might inflate their price.

col87

14 Apr 2023, 6:00 pm #13
Just a list of possible operators here and it likely will be more than one if sub contracting happening.

Stagecoach
Arriva
Go North East
Coatham Coaches
Richardsons
Garnetts
Lee’s of Durham
Gateshead Central
Gerrisons

In fact any operator in the North East could probably bid for it. Of course others are more likely than others and some won’t bid at all but it don’t mean it’s just likely to be Stagecoach, after all they never got it in 2010 so while they is a good chance this time it’s far from definite.
Speaking of which it’s going to be interesting where Stagecoach Teesside/ Hartlepool will pick up any double deckers from. I think the 1,6/7 and 36 will definitely need a few on as large crowds are expected again and definitely full size buses at least for other time as I don’t see the Manviros / enviro 200 coping to well they struggled in 2010 with the additional useage to them If they did win the park and ride they would need deckers for that as well. So I think they possibly going to need at least 20 for park and ride, 1,6/7 and 36 to cope and it likely still won’t be enough.
col87
14 Apr 2023, 6:00 pm #13

Just a list of possible operators here and it likely will be more than one if sub contracting happening.

Stagecoach
Arriva
Go North East
Coatham Coaches
Richardsons
Garnetts
Lee’s of Durham
Gateshead Central
Gerrisons

In fact any operator in the North East could probably bid for it. Of course others are more likely than others and some won’t bid at all but it don’t mean it’s just likely to be Stagecoach, after all they never got it in 2010 so while they is a good chance this time it’s far from definite.
Speaking of which it’s going to be interesting where Stagecoach Teesside/ Hartlepool will pick up any double deckers from. I think the 1,6/7 and 36 will definitely need a few on as large crowds are expected again and definitely full size buses at least for other time as I don’t see the Manviros / enviro 200 coping to well they struggled in 2010 with the additional useage to them If they did win the park and ride they would need deckers for that as well. So I think they possibly going to need at least 20 for park and ride, 1,6/7 and 36 to cope and it likely still won’t be enough.

14 Apr 2023, 7:09 pm #14
(14 Apr 2023, 6:00 pm)col87 Just a list of possible operators here and it likely will be more than one if sub contracting happening.

Stagecoach
Arriva
Go North East
Coatham Coaches
Richardsons
Garnetts
Lee’s of Durham
Gateshead Central
Gerrisons

In fact any operator in the North East could probably bid for it.  Of course others are more likely than others and some won’t bid at all but it don’t mean it’s just likely to be Stagecoach, after all they never got it in 2010 so while they is a good chance this time it’s far from definite. 
Speaking of which it’s going to be interesting where Stagecoach Teesside/ Hartlepool will pick up any double deckers from.  I think the 1,6/7 and 36 will definitely need a few on as large crowds are expected again and definitely full size buses at least for other time as  I don’t see the Manviros / enviro 200 coping to well they struggled in 2010 with the additional useage to them  If they did win the park and ride they would need deckers for that as well.  So I think they possibly going to need at least 20 for park and ride, 1,6/7 and 36 to cope and it likely still won’t be enough.
it is going to be interesting as both Newcastle depots and Sunderland both struggle with getting enough decker's almost on a daily basis, maybe with Cumbria receiving their new deliveries now, the ones that are getting cascaded could come over before they move on
toward6931
14 Apr 2023, 7:09 pm #14

(14 Apr 2023, 6:00 pm)col87 Just a list of possible operators here and it likely will be more than one if sub contracting happening.

Stagecoach
Arriva
Go North East
Coatham Coaches
Richardsons
Garnetts
Lee’s of Durham
Gateshead Central
Gerrisons

In fact any operator in the North East could probably bid for it.  Of course others are more likely than others and some won’t bid at all but it don’t mean it’s just likely to be Stagecoach, after all they never got it in 2010 so while they is a good chance this time it’s far from definite. 
Speaking of which it’s going to be interesting where Stagecoach Teesside/ Hartlepool will pick up any double deckers from.  I think the 1,6/7 and 36 will definitely need a few on as large crowds are expected again and definitely full size buses at least for other time as  I don’t see the Manviros / enviro 200 coping to well they struggled in 2010 with the additional useage to them  If they did win the park and ride they would need deckers for that as well.  So I think they possibly going to need at least 20 for park and ride, 1,6/7 and 36 to cope and it likely still won’t be enough.
it is going to be interesting as both Newcastle depots and Sunderland both struggle with getting enough decker's almost on a daily basis, maybe with Cumbria receiving their new deliveries now, the ones that are getting cascaded could come over before they move on

Storx

14 Apr 2023, 7:16 pm #15
(14 Apr 2023, 7:09 pm)toward6931 it is going to be interesting as both Newcastle depots and Sunderland both struggle with getting enough decker's almost on a daily basis, maybe with Cumbria receiving their new deliveries now, the ones that are getting cascaded could come over before they move on

If Stagecoach got it, I'd imagine they'd just hire buses in from other divisions. They're usually very good at it and have been doing it for years at both the Open, when it's in Scotland, and also Cheltenham.
Storx
14 Apr 2023, 7:16 pm #15

(14 Apr 2023, 7:09 pm)toward6931 it is going to be interesting as both Newcastle depots and Sunderland both struggle with getting enough decker's almost on a daily basis, maybe with Cumbria receiving their new deliveries now, the ones that are getting cascaded could come over before they move on

If Stagecoach got it, I'd imagine they'd just hire buses in from other divisions. They're usually very good at it and have been doing it for years at both the Open, when it's in Scotland, and also Cheltenham.

15 Apr 2023, 9:54 am #16

What buses would they get though and do you think there will be any bigger buses on the local routes to help with crowding?
AlexRPlays
15 Apr 2023, 9:54 am #16

What buses would they get though and do you think there will be any bigger buses on the local routes to help with crowding?

MurdnunoC

15 Apr 2023, 2:56 pm #17
Tall ships are usually quite fuel efficient compared to more modern ships (and buses). They get considerably more miles per galleon.
MurdnunoC
15 Apr 2023, 2:56 pm #17

Tall ships are usually quite fuel efficient compared to more modern ships (and buses). They get considerably more miles per galleon.

tyresmoke

15 Apr 2023, 3:31 pm #18

Link to the tender here:

That bit isn’t true, I know for certain Wink

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
15 Apr 2023, 3:31 pm #18

Link to the tender here:

That bit isn’t true, I know for certain Wink

RobinHood

16 Apr 2023, 7:39 am #19
(15 Apr 2023, 3:31 pm)tyresmoke That bit isn’t true, I know for certain Wink

What else did they bid for from that list?
RobinHood
16 Apr 2023, 7:39 am #19

(15 Apr 2023, 3:31 pm)tyresmoke That bit isn’t true, I know for certain Wink

What else did they bid for from that list?

tyresmoke

16 Apr 2023, 8:08 am #20
(16 Apr 2023, 7:39 am)RobinHood What else did they bid for from that list?

It was more that they were the only bidder. I know Coatham bidded on the 1/2 and the 101 as I worked on the tenders…

tyresmoke
16 Apr 2023, 8:08 am #20

(16 Apr 2023, 7:39 am)RobinHood What else did they bid for from that list?

It was more that they were the only bidder. I know Coatham bidded on the 1/2 and the 101 as I worked on the tenders…

Pages (3) 1 2 3 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average