You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Retro Livery
I thought I would post this so we could remember the good the bad and the ugly... oh and maybe the worst .liveries..
I'll start.....
The worst in my opinion...."The Nine" also pointless and the colour was awful.
.... everyone get involved..
RE: Retro Livery
(16 Jul 2024, 3:09 pm)Retro Nero wrote I thought I would post this so we could remember the good the bad and the ugly... oh and maybe the worst .liveries..
I'll start.....

Centurion livery on the dual door renowns by far the worst imo, was just a complete mess.

I don't know whether it was intentional but it really feels like they designed it for a dark bus but then suddenly they turned up yellow so though f**k it just hoy a random blue band instead.

The X21 Italian Pronto livery isn't far behind, god knows what was going on there.
(16 Jul 2024, 3:09 pm)Retro Nero wrote I thought I would post this so we could remember the good the bad and the ugly... oh and maybe the worst .liveries..
I'll start.....

The Go Ahead Northern Expresslink livery was by far the best of any operator in the region - I don't think any to this day beat it.

Worst? The X66 branded streetlites with the aliens on the side..what on earth was that all about?
In terms of the group, I loved the OK livery and Wear Buses just seemed to suit every single livery going

Was never a fan of the Pink Angels or even the latest green ones.

Controversially, possibly, I really disliked the OK expressway livery. I know one is in preservation and most people love it but it always looked like an enthusiasts attempt at retro branding and I thought it was really naff
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(16 Jul 2024, 8:27 pm)DeltaMan wrote The Go Ahead Northern Expresslink livery was by far the best of any operator in the region - I don't think any to this day beat it.

Worst? The X66 branded streetlites with the aliens on the side..what on earth was that all about?

Suited the uprated Metrolinks unbelievably well.
I know there were subtle variations of it elsewhere (almost like Stenning's work these days), but I loved it.

(16 Jul 2024, 10:02 pm)Ambassador wrote In terms of the group, I loved the OK livery and Wear Buses just seemed to suit every single livery going 

Was never a fan of the Pink Angels or even the latest green ones.

Controversially, possibly, I really disliked the OK expressway livery. I know one is in  preservation and most people love it but it always looked like an enthusiasts attempt at retro branding and I thought it was really naff

Never got away with it personally. 
A poor era of purchases summed up with a livery that seemed to be unbelievably consistent and in a constant state of flux.

(16 Jul 2024, 10:42 pm)Andreos1 wrote Suited the uprated Metrolinks unbelievably well.
I know there were subtle variations of it elsewhere (almost like Stenning's work these days), but I loved it.

Never got away with it personally. 
A poor era of purchases summed up with a livery that seemed to be unbelievably consistent and in a constant state of flux.
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...307a_b.jpg&tbnid=lbtJW8Y9OqYheM&vet=1&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fmetromadme%2F9166908445&docid=mx5trBMMuG9c0M&w=1024&h=683&itg=1&hl=en&source=sh%2Fx%2Fim%2Fm4%2F2&kgs=fe177e4094c78128&shem=abme%2Ctrie#imgrc=p4S-qBpSyGvKFM&imgdii=lbtJW8Y9OqYheM urgh
'Illegitimis non carborundum'