Just thought I'd start a thread on this as it's something which has come up once in awhile and is continued to be promised to be improved but nothing is changing.
Haymarket Bus Station tonight (at around 7pm) was an absolute disgrace; drunks shouting abuse at people outside the Junction, homeless people sleeping in the doorway of M&S, drunks just wandering around causing issues between the stands (no doubt begging again) and it's not even late.
Absolutely disgusting for a major city centre bus station with absolutely zero security - I'm convinced this place used to have management on 24/7 even if he sat in the booth at the Eldon Square end.
First time I've left, and jumped on the Metro for a few stops and waited at South Gosforth instead as I couldn't be chewed with the hassle for 20 minutes (mistimed it) and I'm not a vulnerable pensioner, young or a woman who imo are more at risk - Kim McGuinness likes to tell everyone at every chance, at least anyway.
It's not a unique scenario as I know Stanley is a war zone, Blakelaw currently hasn't zero buses, Meadowell is regularly having buses pulled, the Metro is as bad as it's ever been and I'm sure that list could go on.
Surely something has been done now? Not with franchising in god knows whenever it is. It's a complete mess and worse than I can ever remember. There's no excuse for zero visible staff in either Haymarket Metro or Haymarket Bus Station imo.
Safety On North East Transport (or lack of)
Safety On North East Transport (or lack of)
Safety On North East Transport (or lack of)
•
by Storx
•
1 hour ago
RE: Safety On North East Transport (or lack of)
•
by Nerd4321
•
1 hour ago
RE: Safety On North East Transport (or lack of)
•
by Michael
•
50 minutes ago
RE: Safety On North East Transport (or lack of)
•
by solsburian
•
22 minutes ago