Forum County Durham Independents
replies 0, views 51
james solomon 10 hours ago
Forum Go North East
replies 35, views 6,158
OrangeArrow49 11 hours ago
Complete and Utter Randomness
by MrFozz, 06 Mar 2015, 10:56 pm
We have 'Whats made you happy', 'Whats annoying you' and 'Lifes little mysteries' threads, After comments made by me about to trying to kill a chicken, drowning hamster, flushing fish down a toilet and Marcus wondering why parents love there kids, I have created this random thread along the lines of the threads I mentioned

So, share with us all

1. Those random questions you want answered but can't
2. Share with us any funny pictures you make
3. Share with us your favourite videos e.g. Youtube, Dailymotion etc

The more random the better, I will start

Does Pubes go grey and fall out if you go bald

When a dog barks do they have regional accents and bark in different languages i.e. Would my dog know a dog is from Birmingham or if a dog is German by it's bark

If something is new and improved, what actually is it, if it is new, you cannot improve something that is nothing, if it is improved, it can't be new

If a quiz is quizical...What is a test

When we count why don't we say Ten-ty One instead of Eleven but say Twenty-One, Thirty-One, Forty-One etc

If you fart while travelling at the speed of sound, would you be able to smell it and not hear it or vice versa

Why does a fart always smell worse in a bath

If you could travel at light speed, what would happen if you flash your headlights

If I get to the North Pole and keep going North where will I end up

What would happen if you put dettol in yakult

So come on fella give us your best random thoughts
Complete and Utter Randomness
by MrFozz, 06 Mar 2015, 10:56 pm

We have 'Whats made you happy', 'Whats annoying you' and 'Lifes little mysteries' threads, After comments made by me about to trying to kill a chicken, drowning hamster, flushing fish down a toilet and Marcus wondering why parents love there kids, I have created this random thread along the lines of the threads I mentioned

So, share with us all

1. Those random questions you want answered but can't
2. Share with us any funny pictures you make
3. Share with us your favourite videos e.g. Youtube, Dailymotion etc

The more random the better, I will start

Does Pubes go grey and fall out if you go bald

When a dog barks do they have regional accents and bark in different languages i.e. Would my dog know a dog is from Birmingham or if a dog is German by it's bark

If something is new and improved, what actually is it, if it is new, you cannot improve something that is nothing, if it is improved, it can't be new

If a quiz is quizical...What is a test

When we count why don't we say Ten-ty One instead of Eleven but say Twenty-One, Thirty-One, Forty-One etc

If you fart while travelling at the speed of sound, would you be able to smell it and not hear it or vice versa

Why does a fart always smell worse in a bath

If you could travel at light speed, what would happen if you flash your headlights

If I get to the North Pole and keep going North where will I end up

What would happen if you put dettol in yakult

So come on fella give us your best random thoughts

GNER (Alliance Rail)
by omnicity4659, 05 Mar 2015, 2:51 pm
GNER website

A new open-access operator operated by Alliance Rail Holdings is planning to run services between London King's Cross, Cleethorpes, Bradford Forster Square, Ilkley, and Edinburgh.

GNER want to use updated UK Pendolino (Class 390) trains with six-carriages on the major routes and four-carriages on the Pennine routes.
Forum Railways
GNER (Alliance Rail)
by omnicity4659, 05 Mar 2015, 2:51 pm

GNER website

A new open-access operator operated by Alliance Rail Holdings is planning to run services between London King's Cross, Cleethorpes, Bradford Forster Square, Ilkley, and Edinburgh.

GNER want to use updated UK Pendolino (Class 390) trains with six-carriages on the major routes and four-carriages on the Pennine routes.

Food
by R852 PRG, 04 Mar 2015, 4:41 pm
Title says it all. What is your favourite type of food? What is your least favourite? Who does the best of your favourite food? What are you having for tea tonight?

Discuss below...
Food
by R852 PRG, 04 Mar 2015, 4:41 pm

Title says it all. What is your favourite type of food? What is your least favourite? Who does the best of your favourite food? What are you having for tea tonight?

Discuss below...

Photographs in posts
by omnicity4659, 04 Mar 2015, 10:40 am
Hi all,

One of my photos in the Railways > Livery Lists thread has gone all funny, showing pixelated colourful mess. (In the Northern Rail section)

Does anyone know what's happened? 

Thanks,
Tommy.
Photographs in posts
by omnicity4659, 04 Mar 2015, 10:40 am

Hi all,

One of my photos in the Railways > Livery Lists thread has gone all funny, showing pixelated colourful mess. (In the Northern Rail section)

Does anyone know what's happened? 

Thanks,
Tommy.

'Ghost' Bus Infrastructure
by MurdnunoC, 01 Mar 2015, 7:37 pm
Partially inspired by a thread on Skyscraper City documenting the remnants of old signage appearing on buildings; a post made by Adam Malarkey (See here) showing bus stops retaining old company logos; and a posts made by Andreos and Simmy (see here) in the Bygone-Era revealing old Tyne & Wear PTE signage; I thought it would be interesting to start a thread about various pieces of bus-orientated infrastructure which have been forgotten about in some sense yet remain in situ (hence the use of the word 'ghost').

Hopefully, you'll see what I'm trying to get at here and I'll start with a couple of examples. 

While out and about today, I came across an old Tyne & Wear PTE sign as well as two bus stops maintained by Nexus but not currently in use by any 'public' service (they may be used for scholars but does that really count?).

.jpg
DSCN0153.JPG
Size 4.46 MB / Downloads 58

.jpg
DSCN0155.JPG
Size 4.34 MB / Downloads 60

The bus stop above is located in Coalburns which hasn't seen a bus service in quite some time. However, Nexus obviously maintain the bus stop for some reason despite not being in use. There is also another bus stop located on the opposite side of the road.

Anyone have any other examples?
Forum Off-topic bus chat
'Ghost' Bus Infrastructure
by MurdnunoC, 01 Mar 2015, 7:37 pm

Partially inspired by a thread on Skyscraper City documenting the remnants of old signage appearing on buildings; a post made by Adam Malarkey (See here) showing bus stops retaining old company logos; and a posts made by Andreos and Simmy (see here) in the Bygone-Era revealing old Tyne & Wear PTE signage; I thought it would be interesting to start a thread about various pieces of bus-orientated infrastructure which have been forgotten about in some sense yet remain in situ (hence the use of the word 'ghost').

Hopefully, you'll see what I'm trying to get at here and I'll start with a couple of examples. 

While out and about today, I came across an old Tyne & Wear PTE sign as well as two bus stops maintained by Nexus but not currently in use by any 'public' service (they may be used for scholars but does that really count?).

.jpg
DSCN0153.JPG
Size 4.46 MB / Downloads 58

.jpg
DSCN0155.JPG
Size 4.34 MB / Downloads 60

The bus stop above is located in Coalburns which hasn't seen a bus service in quite some time. However, Nexus obviously maintain the bus stop for some reason despite not being in use. There is also another bus stop located on the opposite side of the road.

Anyone have any other examples?

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - March 2015
by Dan, 01 Mar 2015, 6:55 am
Forum Arriva North East

Stagecoach North East: Rare & Odd Workings - March 2015
by Dan, 01 Mar 2015, 6:54 am

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015
by Dan, 01 Mar 2015, 6:53 am