Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Arriva North East: New buses 2022

Arriva North East: New buses 2022

Arriva North East: New buses 2022

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (13): Previous 110 11 12 13 Next
03 Sep 2022, 12:15 pm
(03 Sep 2022, 9:57 am)P814VTY Regarding drivers deliberately driving slow, register a complaint with the information you have. Human Resources can then potentially start investigating and building up a profile of deliberate late running and poor performance which can see the drivers employment terminated for being incapable.

Or rather than terminate, work to try and find out what the issue is, see if there is a deliberate issue or underlying problem.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
03 Sep 2022, 12:15 pm #201

(03 Sep 2022, 9:57 am)P814VTY Regarding drivers deliberately driving slow, register a complaint with the information you have. Human Resources can then potentially start investigating and building up a profile of deliberate late running and poor performance which can see the drivers employment terminated for being incapable.

Or rather than terminate, work to try and find out what the issue is, see if there is a deliberate issue or underlying problem.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

03 Sep 2022, 7:37 pm
(03 Sep 2022, 11:38 am)L469 YVK Wonder if it was the same one who was on 7524 when that was new back in 2014, did the same thing on the X22 towards Newcastle with a massive queue for the outbound X21 awaiting him.

Don't think I've seen them on Ashington work much before the start of this year, so possibly a transfer from Blyth with the 1/2? Definitely don't recognise them from original Sapphire days, though there are some I remember from then who seemed to have a phobia of the accelerator.
mb134
03 Sep 2022, 7:37 pm #202

(03 Sep 2022, 11:38 am)L469 YVK Wonder if it was the same one who was on 7524 when that was new back in 2014, did the same thing on the X22 towards Newcastle with a massive queue for the outbound X21 awaiting him.

Don't think I've seen them on Ashington work much before the start of this year, so possibly a transfer from Blyth with the 1/2? Definitely don't recognise them from original Sapphire days, though there are some I remember from then who seemed to have a phobia of the accelerator.

05 Sep 2022, 5:29 pm
(01 Sep 2022, 8:17 pm)streetdeckfan So it'll be a good 6 months before anything is done about it!

From the ones I've seen in passing today, at least a few look like they've had it sorted out. 7566 definitely one. 

The only ones I've seen today that finished at Alnwick yesterday, or were on the road until midnight, don't look to have had the setting changed so it may have been sorted yesterday night for what was available?
mb134
05 Sep 2022, 5:29 pm #203

(01 Sep 2022, 8:17 pm)streetdeckfan So it'll be a good 6 months before anything is done about it!

From the ones I've seen in passing today, at least a few look like they've had it sorted out. 7566 definitely one. 

The only ones I've seen today that finished at Alnwick yesterday, or were on the road until midnight, don't look to have had the setting changed so it may have been sorted yesterday night for what was available?

05 Sep 2022, 6:18 pm
Hopefully they sort out the destination problem on the 57 soon too. I was on 2703 today and it was still paper destinations as the display only had the date on still.
Arriva7446
05 Sep 2022, 6:18 pm #204

Hopefully they sort out the destination problem on the 57 soon too. I was on 2703 today and it was still paper destinations as the display only had the date on still.

05 Sep 2022, 6:58 pm
Saw 2714 (YK72 OKO) heading towards Jesmond around midday today, sporting 'Jim' in the front destination panel. Think this is the last of the batch due.
N391OTY
05 Sep 2022, 6:58 pm #205

Saw 2714 (YK72 OKO) heading towards Jesmond around midday today, sporting 'Jim' in the front destination panel. Think this is the last of the batch due.

08 Sep 2022, 6:55 am
2713 and 14 have entered service at Jesmond.
Arriva7446
08 Sep 2022, 6:55 am #206

2713 and 14 have entered service at Jesmond.

10 Sep 2022, 9:47 am
Does anyone know if this is the new Arriva interior on these as they're a bit of mix mash of everything.

Sapphire side panels (dark blue rather than that horrid spotty green, same colours as the seats)
Sapphire window surrounds (cream rather than the 1999 turquoise)
Sapphire step trims (cream rather than yellow)
1999 / MAX turquoise panels
1999 / MAX turquoise seat backs
MAX dark blue seats (low back)
2009 cream grab rails and flooring
Warm LED's (not the horrid natural white the 17 plate MMC's have)

It's probably the best of each of the brands, the dark blue was too much on Sapphire with the combination of the harsh natural white lighting made them feel cold imo and the old green panels and the turquoise window surrounds were just outdated and looked crap.
Storx
10 Sep 2022, 9:47 am #207

Does anyone know if this is the new Arriva interior on these as they're a bit of mix mash of everything.

Sapphire side panels (dark blue rather than that horrid spotty green, same colours as the seats)
2009 cream grab rails and flooring

It's probably the best of each of the brands, the dark blue was too much on Sapphire with the combination of the harsh natural white lighting made them feel cold imo and the old green panels and the turquoise window surrounds were just outdated and looked crap.

10 Sep 2022, 7:28 pm
(10 Sep 2022, 9:47 am)Storx Does anyone know if this is the new Arriva interior on these as they're a bit of mix mash of everything.

2011 cream grab rails and flooring

It's 2016 standard spec with Sapphire walls. Not sure if it's the new standard, will have to wait for further deliveries elsewhere. 

Merseyside's new Wrights earlier this year had the 2016 spec with old green walls etc.
omnicity4659
10 Sep 2022, 7:28 pm #208

(10 Sep 2022, 9:47 am)Storx Does anyone know if this is the new Arriva interior on these as they're a bit of mix mash of everything.

2011 cream grab rails and flooring

It's 2016 standard spec with Sapphire walls. Not sure if it's the new standard, will have to wait for further deliveries elsewhere. 

Merseyside's new Wrights earlier this year had the 2016 spec with old green walls etc.

10 Sep 2022, 10:31 pm
(10 Sep 2022, 7:28 pm)omnicity4659 It's 2016 standard spec with Sapphire walls. Not sure if it's the new standard, will have to wait for further deliveries elsewhere. 

Yeah definitely it looks better than the earlier examples of MMC's lingering around imo, there seems to be more turquoise aswell replacing light grey on the back of the side destination, the fixed front seats and the front left wheel arch aswell. Just had a look to see what the older ones are like.

No doubt the next lot will be different again though, there seems to be phases where there's numerous variations with Arriva; 2005 - 2008 was particularly bad with them going round in circles.
Storx
10 Sep 2022, 10:31 pm #209

(10 Sep 2022, 7:28 pm)omnicity4659 It's 2016 standard spec with Sapphire walls. Not sure if it's the new standard, will have to wait for further deliveries elsewhere. 

Yeah definitely it looks better than the earlier examples of MMC's lingering around imo, there seems to be more turquoise aswell replacing light grey on the back of the side destination, the fixed front seats and the front left wheel arch aswell. Just had a look to see what the older ones are like.

No doubt the next lot will be different again though, there seems to be phases where there's numerous variations with Arriva; 2005 - 2008 was particularly bad with them going round in circles.

11 Sep 2022, 4:19 am
(10 Sep 2022, 10:31 pm)Storx Yeah definitely it looks better than the earlier examples of MMC's lingering around imo, there seems to be more turquoise aswell replacing light grey on the back of the side destination, the fixed front seats and the front left wheel arch aswell. Just had a look to see what the older ones are like.

I agree, the greys didn't suit the interior at all.

As for the the spec, there's only been the following changes to the standard spec since 1999:
  • 1999: "bridges" moquette, black flooring, yellow handrails, blue/turquoise panels, green walls
  • 2009: "Overdrive" moquette, black flooring, mustard handrails, blue/turquoise panels, green walls
  • 2009: "windows" moquette, grey patterned flooring, cream handrails, blue/turquoise panels, green walls
  • 2014: blue pleather, grey patterned flooring, cream handrails, blue/turquoise panels, green walls
  • 2015: as above with 3-pin plugs
  • 2016: 3-pin plugs swapped for USB charging

2005 was when their premium spec (part of the national Operation Overdrive, locally named Viva) was launched with green interiors, teal flooring, tinted windows etc. Many MPDs, 7445/6 and the 57 plate E400s were delivered in that spec.
omnicity4659
11 Sep 2022, 4:19 am #210

(10 Sep 2022, 10:31 pm)Storx Yeah definitely it looks better than the earlier examples of MMC's lingering around imo, there seems to be more turquoise aswell replacing light grey on the back of the side destination, the fixed front seats and the front left wheel arch aswell. Just had a look to see what the older ones are like.

I agree, the greys didn't suit the interior at all.

As for the the spec, there's only been the following changes to the standard spec since 1999:
  • 1999: "bridges" moquette, black flooring, yellow handrails, blue/turquoise panels, green walls
  • 2009: "Overdrive" moquette, black flooring, mustard handrails, blue/turquoise panels, green walls
  • 2009: "windows" moquette, grey patterned flooring, cream handrails, blue/turquoise panels, green walls
  • 2014: blue pleather, grey patterned flooring, cream handrails, blue/turquoise panels, green walls

2005 was when their premium spec (part of the national Operation Overdrive, locally named Viva) was launched with green interiors, teal flooring, tinted windows etc. Many MPDs, 7445/6 and the 57 plate E400s were delivered in that spec.

11 Sep 2022, 11:04 am
(11 Sep 2022, 4:19 am)omnicity4659 I agree, the greys didn't suit the interior at all.

Aye that's the one Overdrive but there was variants of that, some just the flooring (not up here), some with black seat backs, some with the disgusting green seat backs etc. Not to mention it wasn't consistent what got it, 56 Darts didn't, 57 DAF's did (for the same route) etc.

I'm glad the Overdrive interior didn't get far as that really was grim. Not sure who thought that was premium.
Storx
11 Sep 2022, 11:04 am #211

(11 Sep 2022, 4:19 am)omnicity4659 I agree, the greys didn't suit the interior at all.

Aye that's the one Overdrive but there was variants of that, some just the flooring (not up here), some with black seat backs, some with the disgusting green seat backs etc. Not to mention it wasn't consistent what got it, 56 Darts didn't, 57 DAF's did (for the same route) etc.

I'm glad the Overdrive interior didn't get far as that really was grim. Not sure who thought that was premium.

11 Sep 2022, 7:47 pm
The shade of bleen that the 57-rego Lowlanders had looks particularly awful. Makes me want to throw up just looking at pictures of them on Flickr.

Looks like 7501-13 also used that same shade when they were new, but 7514-21 used a much less eye-straining shade of blue when they were delivered (which 7511-3 also received when they were refurbished to MAX spec).

[Image: imageHandler.php?user=wibblejunior]
wibblejunior
11 Sep 2022, 7:47 pm #212

The shade of bleen that the 57-rego Lowlanders had looks particularly awful. Makes me want to throw up just looking at pictures of them on Flickr.

Looks like 7501-13 also used that same shade when they were new, but 7514-21 used a much less eye-straining shade of blue when they were delivered (which 7511-3 also received when they were refurbished to MAX spec).

11 Sep 2022, 8:21 pm
(11 Sep 2022, 7:47 pm)wibblejunior The shade of bleen that the 57-rego Lowlanders had looks particularly awful. Makes me want to throw up just looking at pictures of them on Flickr.

Aye horrid the Overdrive interior like.

1763 - 1773
Omnicity's (not sure on numbers)
7445 - 7446
7501 - 7513

All had it aswell, it was all part of a fleet investment in 2005 then for some strange reason the Enviro's and the Lowlanders you mentioned there came with it aswell. Not sure why it was resurrected up here in 2017 as it was dead elsewhere as far as I'm aware.

The Cadet at Ashington which seems to be still in service is in it aswell bar it's had it's seats reupholstered at some point.
Storx
11 Sep 2022, 8:21 pm #213

(11 Sep 2022, 7:47 pm)wibblejunior The shade of bleen that the 57-rego Lowlanders had looks particularly awful. Makes me want to throw up just looking at pictures of them on Flickr.

Aye horrid the Overdrive interior like.

1763 - 1773
7445 - 7446
7501 - 7513

All had it aswell, it was all part of a fleet investment in 2005 then for some strange reason the Enviro's and the Lowlanders you mentioned there came with it aswell. Not sure why it was resurrected up here in 2017 as it was dead elsewhere as far as I'm aware.

The Cadet at Ashington which seems to be still in service is in it aswell bar it's had it's seats reupholstered at some point.

11 Sep 2022, 9:21 pm
At the time it was introduced it stood out as a lot of the interiors were pretty bland, dark and dank and something different was needed to stick out, back in 2005 headrests were seen as a premium feature.

I'd say it suited some types more than others, the Omni's were not the best fit with the way the interior is set out, the MAX referb they received later in life did no favours for looks (seats were flat as a pancake by that point tho).

I'd say it was very much a product of its time and to some degree hasn't aged well.
Jimmi
11 Sep 2022, 9:21 pm #214

At the time it was introduced it stood out as a lot of the interiors were pretty bland, dark and dank and something different was needed to stick out, back in 2005 headrests were seen as a premium feature.

I'd say it suited some types more than others, the Omni's were not the best fit with the way the interior is set out, the MAX referb they received later in life did no favours for looks (seats were flat as a pancake by that point tho).

I'd say it was very much a product of its time and to some degree hasn't aged well.

12 Sep 2022, 12:03 pm
(11 Sep 2022, 8:21 pm)Storx Aye horrid the Overdrive interior like.

1763 - 1773
7445 - 7446
7501 - 7513

Looks like the entire batch of DK55 cadets had that interior when they were new. https://flic.kr/p/g4rowi

More vehicles with that interior include:

Arriva the Shires KE55 Solars: https://www.flickr.com/photos/faversham-...5Y-2majHgF
Arriva Southern Counties Darts
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gbbuspics/...y4E-iKSxmP https://www.flickr.com/photos/jamesexcel...Dn-2n8pFYm
Arriva Southern Counties B7TL/ALX400s
https://www.flickr.com/photos/47745602@N...7kh-eFSJ7T
Arriva Midlands Commanders and Geminis
https://www.flickr.com/photos/135481234@...qoL-e5tBtM
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ksu461/126...BM-29vHNxf
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bigdan1402...zbt-zM28ZQ
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bens_trans...EF7-nCQ2Es

wibblejunior
12 Sep 2022, 12:03 pm #215

1763 - 1773
7445 - 7446
7501 - 7513

Looks like the entire batch of DK55 cadets had that interior when they were new. https://flic.kr/p/g4rowi

Arriva the Shires KE55 Solars: https://www.flickr.com/photos/faversham-...5Y-2majHgF
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gbbuspics/...y4E-iKSxmP https://www.flickr.com/photos/jamesexcel...Dn-2n8pFYm

12 Sep 2022, 12:23 pm

1763 - 1773
7445 - 7446
7501 - 7513

Indeed - Runcorn was the next area after Durham to go 'Operation Overdrive' with 42 VDL SB120/Wright Cadets (along with a few refurbished Scania N113CRL/Wright Pathfinders), the majority of the Cadets carrying 'Strider' branding for the Runcorn network. North West, unlike North East, retrimmed their vehicle during repaints so their entire batch of Cadets gained the 2009 'Blue Block' moquette when they were repainted into interurban livery.
Kuyoyo
12 Sep 2022, 12:23 pm #216

1763 - 1773
7445 - 7446
7501 - 7513

Indeed - Runcorn was the next area after Durham to go 'Operation Overdrive' with 42 VDL SB120/Wright Cadets (along with a few refurbished Scania N113CRL/Wright Pathfinders), the majority of the Cadets carrying 'Strider' branding for the Runcorn network. North West, unlike North East, retrimmed their vehicle during repaints so their entire batch of Cadets gained the 2009 'Blue Block' moquette when they were repainted into interurban livery.

12 Sep 2022, 9:14 pm
I know the 08 plate Solo's have a pretty miserable interior

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
12 Sep 2022, 9:14 pm #217

I know the 08 plate Solo's have a pretty miserable interior

Kind Regards
Tez

12 Sep 2022, 11:09 pm
(12 Sep 2022, 9:14 pm)V514DFT I know the 08 plate Solo's have a pretty miserable interior
Doesn't help that they've needed a good scrub for at least the past 5 years.
BusLoverMum
12 Sep 2022, 11:09 pm #218

(12 Sep 2022, 9:14 pm)V514DFT I know the 08 plate Solo's have a pretty miserable interior
Doesn't help that they've needed a good scrub for at least the past 5 years.

13 Sep 2022, 10:08 am
(12 Sep 2022, 12:03 pm)wibblejunior Looks like the entire batch of DK55 cadets had that interior when they were new. https://flic.kr/p/g4rowi

(12 Sep 2022, 12:23 pm)Kuyoyo Indeed - Runcorn was the next area after Durham to go 'Operation Overdrive' with 42 VDL SB120/Wright Cadets (along with a few refurbished Scania N113CRL/Wright Pathfinders), the majority of the Cadets carrying 'Strider' branding for the Runcorn network. North West, unlike North East, retrimmed their vehicle during repaints so their entire batch of Cadets gained the 2009 'Blue Block' moquette when they were repainted into interurban livery.

Ah interesting, didn't realise so many buses were ordered under Overdrive, thought it was only 3 operating areas. Knew Medway had a few, then Liverpool and Durham. Didn't realise there were others aswell.

It doesn't help half of them haven't had a penny spent on them in their lifetime. The Ashington 5 were in absymal state, never been on a bus where the door wasn't attached to the floor as the bar had corroded right through. Minibuses at Arriva always do seem to have a hard life as the majority of the Darts (few were done in Redcar) and the Metroriders before them were exactly the same.
Storx
13 Sep 2022, 10:08 am #219

(12 Sep 2022, 12:03 pm)wibblejunior Looks like the entire batch of DK55 cadets had that interior when they were new. https://flic.kr/p/g4rowi

(12 Sep 2022, 12:23 pm)Kuyoyo Indeed - Runcorn was the next area after Durham to go 'Operation Overdrive' with 42 VDL SB120/Wright Cadets (along with a few refurbished Scania N113CRL/Wright Pathfinders), the majority of the Cadets carrying 'Strider' branding for the Runcorn network. North West, unlike North East, retrimmed their vehicle during repaints so their entire batch of Cadets gained the 2009 'Blue Block' moquette when they were repainted into interurban livery.

Ah interesting, didn't realise so many buses were ordered under Overdrive, thought it was only 3 operating areas. Knew Medway had a few, then Liverpool and Durham. Didn't realise there were others aswell.

It doesn't help half of them haven't had a penny spent on them in their lifetime. The Ashington 5 were in absymal state, never been on a bus where the door wasn't attached to the floor as the bar had corroded right through. Minibuses at Arriva always do seem to have a hard life as the majority of the Darts (few were done in Redcar) and the Metroriders before them were exactly the same.

13 Sep 2022, 8:23 pm
I've been told a couple of Ashington drivers have ended up stuck in a E200 cab as the door jammed.
solsburian
13 Sep 2022, 8:23 pm #220

I've been told a couple of Ashington drivers have ended up stuck in a E200 cab as the door jammed.

Pages (13): Previous 110 11 12 13 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Possibly Related Threads…
Replies 56
Views 19032
20 Feb 2024, 7:39 am
Last Post by Aaron21
Replies 5
Views 1973
13 Jun 2022, 6:40 pm
Last Post by Andreos1