2017/18 Football Season

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

22 Apr 2018, 7:52 am #21
[quote="Andreos1" pid='216401' dateline='1524382519']

[Image: 9e86cf71ff2b3a10f729a1d8579c9ad8.jpg]

There 6 points behind Bolton with a slightly better goal difference, if Bolton drop 6 and Sunderland pick up 6 they can stay up on goal difference.

If Bolton pick up 1 point they are mathematically condemned.

If Barnsley pick up 3 from 9 or Burton 3 from 6, again it mathematically condemns Sunderland.

Unless I have read the table wrong, then there totally gone yet

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Edited 22 Apr 2018, 7:53 am by MrFozz.
MrFozz
22 Apr 2018, 7:52 am #21

[quote="Andreos1" pid='216401' dateline='1524382519']

There 6 points behind Bolton with a slightly better goal difference, if Bolton drop 6 and Sunderland pick up 6 they can stay up on goal difference.

If Barnsley pick up 3 from 9 or Burton 3 from 6, again it mathematically condemns Sunderland.

LeeCalder

22 Apr 2018, 7:56 am #22
(22 Apr 2018, 7:52 am)MrFozz [quote="Andreos1" pid='216401' dateline='1524382519']

They're mathematically down as Buton face Bolton next Saturday. Tongue
LeeCalder
22 Apr 2018, 7:56 am #22

(22 Apr 2018, 7:52 am)MrFozz [quote="Andreos1" pid='216401' dateline='1524382519']

They're mathematically down as Buton face Bolton next Saturday. Tongue

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

22 Apr 2018, 7:59 am #23
(22 Apr 2018, 7:56 am)LeeCalder They're mathematically down as Buton face Bolton next Saturday.
Now dont I feel like a tit

MrFozz
22 Apr 2018, 7:59 am #23

(22 Apr 2018, 7:56 am)LeeCalder They're mathematically down as Buton face Bolton next Saturday.
Now dont I feel like a tit

Andreos1

22 Apr 2018, 8:03 am #24

Sunderland can't get more than 40 points.
Burton and Bolton need to play each other.
If Bolton win or draw, Sunderland can't catch them.
If Burton win, Sunderland can't catch 
them. 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/1...relegation

Reading that press release, I wouldn't be surprised at administration.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
22 Apr 2018, 8:03 am #24

Sunderland can't get more than 40 points.
them. 

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

22 Apr 2018, 8:10 am #25
(22 Apr 2018, 8:03 am)Andreos1 Sunderland can't get more than 40 points.
them. 

I had not realised Bolton play Burton next week, have not really followed NUFC or SAFC results at all this season.

They should have went into admin weeks ago and took the points hit this season, rather than next, if they have a 10 point hit next year, they will find it hard to claw back, we may see another 'Portsmouth' and if this keeps going, Sunderland could fall to an unprecedented low, by heading straight League 2

MrFozz
22 Apr 2018, 8:10 am #25

them. 

I had not realised Bolton play Burton next week, have not really followed NUFC or SAFC results at all this season.

They should have went into admin weeks ago and took the points hit this season, rather than next, if they have a 10 point hit next year, they will find it hard to claw back, we may see another 'Portsmouth' and if this keeps going, Sunderland could fall to an unprecedented low, by heading straight League 2

Andreos1

22 Apr 2018, 8:15 am #26
(22 Apr 2018, 8:10 am)MrFozz I had not realised Bolton play Burton next week, have not really followed NUFC or SAFC results at all this season.

Maybe the gamble was to stay up and take the hit next season, reckoning on Coleman stabilising the club.

Appreciate they've still got parachute payments to come, but the debt they're in plus a further fall in TV revenues...
Do they fall prey to the inevitable and take the 10pt hit voluntarily or not?

Andreos1
22 Apr 2018, 8:15 am #26

(22 Apr 2018, 8:10 am)MrFozz I had not realised Bolton play Burton next week, have not really followed NUFC or SAFC results at all this season.

Maybe the gamble was to stay up and take the hit next season, reckoning on Coleman stabilising the club.

Appreciate they've still got parachute payments to come, but the debt they're in plus a further fall in TV revenues...
Do they fall prey to the inevitable and take the 10pt hit voluntarily or not?

Michael

22 Apr 2018, 8:49 am #27
them. 

Go in now and take the 10 points before the start of next season but going by people on my Facebook, Ellis Short needs to **** off and sell the club

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Apr 2018, 8:49 am #27

them. 

Go in now and take the 10 points before the start of next season but going by people on my Facebook, Ellis Short needs to **** off and sell the club

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

22 Apr 2018, 8:59 am #28
(22 Apr 2018, 8:49 am)Michael Go in now and take the 10 points before the start of next season but going by people on my Facebook, Ellis Short needs to **** off and sell the club

I'm sure a few clubs in the past tried getting the 10pts taken off before the season was out (after relegation was confirmed) and were knocked back.

Short can't give them away. Offering them for a quid and all seems quiet.
Quite why anyone would want to take on a club with that much debt and in league one...

Those mates of yours on fb: 
.png
wp_ss_20180422_0002 (2).png
Size: 388.67 KB / Downloads: 6

Andreos1
22 Apr 2018, 8:59 am #28

(22 Apr 2018, 8:49 am)Michael Go in now and take the 10 points before the start of next season but going by people on my Facebook, Ellis Short needs to **** off and sell the club

I'm sure a few clubs in the past tried getting the 10pts taken off before the season was out (after relegation was confirmed) and were knocked back.

Quite why anyone would want to take on a club with that much debt and in league one...

.png
wp_ss_20180422_0002 (2).png
Size: 388.67 KB / Downloads: 6

Michael

22 Apr 2018, 9:17 am #29
(22 Apr 2018, 8:59 am)Andreos1 I'm sure a few clubs in the past tried getting the 10pts taken off before the season was out (after relegation was confirmed) and were knocked back.

BUT they keep saying "Ryan Taylor over the wall"

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Apr 2018, 9:17 am #29

(22 Apr 2018, 8:59 am)Andreos1 I'm sure a few clubs in the past tried getting the 10pts taken off before the season was out (after relegation was confirmed) and were knocked back.

BUT they keep saying "Ryan Taylor over the wall"

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

22 Apr 2018, 9:22 am #30
Im sure there is a cut off date somewhere to go into administration and have the points taken that season.

Leeds tried it in 2007 and lost points that season and went on to lose 15 the season after because of the way Ken Bates went about the whole thing.

If Sunderland went into Admin now, I am fairly sure they would lose the points next season and start with -10 with the possibility of losing more depending on how thet came out of admin.

One thing is certain, Sunderland are neck deep in shit. I cant see them going out of business, but also cant think of anyone who would want to buy them, even for a quid, because the debts are crippling, the Chronicle reported they had the 13th largest debt in European Football (£159m) with only Man Utd and Liverpool ahead of them in England

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/fo...s-14173822

Even if Ellis Short sticks to his promise of writing off the personal debt owed to him, it is still not an attractive proposition to buy into.

Too big for the fans to take on as well, I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel for Sunderland, I will always have a soft spot for them, I went to Roker as a kid with my granddad, all my family are fans as well.

MrFozz
22 Apr 2018, 9:22 am #30

Im sure there is a cut off date somewhere to go into administration and have the points taken that season.

Leeds tried it in 2007 and lost points that season and went on to lose 15 the season after because of the way Ken Bates went about the whole thing.

If Sunderland went into Admin now, I am fairly sure they would lose the points next season and start with -10 with the possibility of losing more depending on how thet came out of admin.

One thing is certain, Sunderland are neck deep in shit. I cant see them going out of business, but also cant think of anyone who would want to buy them, even for a quid, because the debts are crippling, the Chronicle reported they had the 13th largest debt in European Football (£159m) with only Man Utd and Liverpool ahead of them in England

Even if Ellis Short sticks to his promise of writing off the personal debt owed to him, it is still not an attractive proposition to buy into.

Too big for the fans to take on as well, I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel for Sunderland, I will always have a soft spot for them, I went to Roker as a kid with my granddad, all my family are fans as well.

Andreos1

22 Apr 2018, 9:22 am #31
(22 Apr 2018, 9:17 am)Michael BUT they keep saying "Ryan Taylor over the wall"

Gerraway man. Moved on years ago.
We are still laughing at this: https://mobile.twitter.com/footballfanca...88?lang=en

Andreos1
22 Apr 2018, 9:22 am #31

(22 Apr 2018, 9:17 am)Michael BUT they keep saying "Ryan Taylor over the wall"

Gerraway man. Moved on years ago.
We are still laughing at this: https://mobile.twitter.com/footballfanca...88?lang=en

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

22 Apr 2018, 9:40 am #32
From Wikipedia...

After Leeds and Boston went into Admin in 2007 before the end of the season, the Football Association nipped it shut, by stopping clubs trying it again. In Leeds case they would lose 15 more the following season.

Quote:Leeds United filed for administration with only a few days remaining in the 2006–07 season, which automatically triggered a 10-point penalty. This placed Leeds at the bottom of the table and relegated the club, but they were extremely likely to have been relegated anyway. By entering administration during the 2006–07 season, they hoped to avoid starting the 2007–08 season on −10 points. The following week, Boston United entered administration in the final minutes of a defeat to Wrexham which ensured they were relegated to the Football Conference, meaning they likewise avoided starting the following season on -10 points (though they would find themselves being double-relegated to the Conference North for unrelated reasons).The Football League saw both cases as clubs trying to exploit a loophole, and changed the rules.

From 2007–08, any club entering administration after the fourth Thursday in March would have their 10-point deduction suspended until the following season. If the club is relegated the points will be deducted from their tally at the start of next season. If the club stays up the 10 points will be taken off their final total.

That being said if Sunderland went into Admin now, they would lose 10 points next season regardless of what happened this season

MrFozz
22 Apr 2018, 9:40 am #32

From Wikipedia...

After Leeds and Boston went into Admin in 2007 before the end of the season, the Football Association nipped it shut, by stopping clubs trying it again. In Leeds case they would lose 15 more the following season.

Quote:Leeds United filed for administration with only a few days remaining in the 2006–07 season, which automatically triggered a 10-point penalty. This placed Leeds at the bottom of the table and relegated the club, but they were extremely likely to have been relegated anyway. By entering administration during the 2006–07 season, they hoped to avoid starting the 2007–08 season on −10 points. The following week, Boston United entered administration in the final minutes of a defeat to Wrexham which ensured they were relegated to the Football Conference, meaning they likewise avoided starting the following season on -10 points (though they would find themselves being double-relegated to the Conference North for unrelated reasons).The Football League saw both cases as clubs trying to exploit a loophole, and changed the rules.

From 2007–08, any club entering administration after the fourth Thursday in March would have their 10-point deduction suspended until the following season. If the club is relegated the points will be deducted from their tally at the start of next season. If the club stays up the 10 points will be taken off their final total.

That being said if Sunderland went into Admin now, they would lose 10 points next season regardless of what happened this season

Michael

22 Apr 2018, 9:44 am #33
(22 Apr 2018, 9:22 am)Andreos1 Gerraway man. Moved on years ago.

But what about 5-1?, see that a lot.... can you not move on from that?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Apr 2018, 9:44 am #33

(22 Apr 2018, 9:22 am)Andreos1 Gerraway man. Moved on years ago.

But what about 5-1?, see that a lot.... can you not move on from that?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

22 Apr 2018, 10:12 am #34
(22 Apr 2018, 9:22 am)MrFozz Im sure there is a cut off date somewhere to go into administration and have the points taken that season.

I don't see where they can make any money to reinvest.
Any profit or income at the moment, seems to be allocated to paying off a debt of some sort.
£3m a month by all accounts.

I dont see that as sustainable in the Championship, never mind in League 1.

They can make redundancies, can sell off what land they own, can make savings by closing sections of the stadium etc. They need a decent regular income and I can't see where that will be from if attendances keep dwindling or season ticket renewals keep falling.

(22 Apr 2018, 9:44 am)Michael But what about 5-1?, see that a lot.... can you not move on from that?

.png
wp_ss_20180422_0004 (2).png
Size: 793.44 KB / Downloads: 8

Just look at their little faces Big Grin

Andreos1
22 Apr 2018, 10:12 am #34

(22 Apr 2018, 9:22 am)MrFozz Im sure there is a cut off date somewhere to go into administration and have the points taken that season.

I don't see where they can make any money to reinvest.
Any profit or income at the moment, seems to be allocated to paying off a debt of some sort.

They can make redundancies, can sell off what land they own, can make savings by closing sections of the stadium etc. They need a decent regular income and I can't see where that will be from if attendances keep dwindling or season ticket renewals keep falling.

(22 Apr 2018, 9:44 am)Michael But what about 5-1?, see that a lot.... can you not move on from that?

.png
wp_ss_20180422_0004 (2).png
Size: 793.44 KB / Downloads: 8

Michael

22 Apr 2018, 10:23 am #35
(22 Apr 2018, 10:12 am)Andreos1 I don't see where they can make any money to reinvest.

Aye he went to play for a bigger club, like "Aston Villa", where is he now?, on the brink of league 1 like us hahahahahaha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Apr 2018, 10:23 am #35

(22 Apr 2018, 10:12 am)Andreos1 I don't see where they can make any money to reinvest.

Aye he went to play for a bigger club, like "Aston Villa", where is he now?, on the brink of league 1 like us hahahahahaha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

22 Apr 2018, 4:29 pm #36

(22 Apr 2018, 10:23 am)Michael Aye he went to play for a bigger club, like "Aston Villa", where is he now?, on the brink of league 1 like us hahahahahaha

https://twitter.com/Total_NUFC/status/98...5000282112

The gift that keeps on giving.
Not sure if I prefer this fella or the Proper Mackem.

Andreos1
22 Apr 2018, 4:29 pm #36

(22 Apr 2018, 10:23 am)Michael Aye he went to play for a bigger club, like "Aston Villa", where is he now?, on the brink of league 1 like us hahahahahaha

https://twitter.com/Total_NUFC/status/98...5000282112

The gift that keeps on giving.
Not sure if I prefer this fella or the Proper Mackem.

Andreos1

24 Apr 2018, 12:15 pm #37
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/438...nel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_news_north_east&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=english_regions

Consortium led by forme Hull chairman, pulls out of discussions.

Meanwhile, reports indicate Mike Ashley has increased the value of Newcastle by another £100m. 
He either wants to sell it or doesn't...

Andreos1
24 Apr 2018, 12:15 pm #37

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/438...nel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_news_north_east&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=english_regions

Consortium led by forme Hull chairman, pulls out of discussions.

Meanwhile, reports indicate Mike Ashley has increased the value of Newcastle by another £100m. 
He either wants to sell it or doesn't...

Michael

29 Apr 2018, 12:28 pm #38
2 big things from Sunderland today:

The club confirmed that Coleman and his assistant Kit Symons have been released from their contracts.

AND Ellis Short looks to be going!!!
Edited 29 Apr 2018, 12:34 pm by Michael.
Attached Files
.jpg
Db8vt7oX0AAI98B.jpg
Size: 226.31 KB / Downloads: 4

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
29 Apr 2018, 12:28 pm #38

2 big things from Sunderland today:

The club confirmed that Coleman and his assistant Kit Symons have been released from their contracts.

Attached Files
.jpg
Db8vt7oX0AAI98B.jpg
Size: 226.31 KB / Downloads: 4

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

29 Apr 2018, 1:37 pm #39
(29 Apr 2018, 12:28 pm)Michael 2 big things from Sunderland today:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43941426

Eastleigh up for sale, now Chairman involved with Sunderland.

Andreos1
29 Apr 2018, 1:37 pm #39

(29 Apr 2018, 12:28 pm)Michael 2 big things from Sunderland today:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43941426

Eastleigh up for sale, now Chairman involved with Sunderland.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

29 Apr 2018, 2:35 pm #40
Shame...

Coleman had nothing to lose going down this year with the shite he inherited, this new group should have shown faith in Coleman to at least try and help the club recover

MrFozz
29 Apr 2018, 2:35 pm #40

Shame...

Coleman had nothing to lose going down this year with the shite he inherited, this new group should have shown faith in Coleman to at least try and help the club recover

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average