Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East | Sunday timetables all weekend

Go North East | Sunday timetables all weekend

Go North East | Sunday timetables all weekend

• 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average

Pages (15): Previous 15 6 715 Next
13 Jan 2022, 10:23 pm #101
(13 Jan 2022, 9:30 pm)Dan They’re covering two Consett duties daily at present.

A-line and JH also helping out with ad-hoc work. Predominantly Washington this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which duties? Are they covering the same duties next week?

Do these services run the same as when operated by Go North East in terms of tickets being issued and valid for travel? The same ticket options and Go North East logo on them if they are printed on another operators bus?
OrangeArrow49
13 Jan 2022, 10:23 pm #101

(13 Jan 2022, 9:30 pm)Dan They’re covering two Consett duties daily at present.

A-line and JH also helping out with ad-hoc work. Predominantly Washington this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which duties? Are they covering the same duties next week?

Do these services run the same as when operated by Go North East in terms of tickets being issued and valid for travel? The same ticket options and Go North East logo on them if they are printed on another operators bus?

Omega54

14 Jan 2022, 12:02 pm #102
(13 Jan 2022, 10:23 pm)OrangeArrow49 Which duties? Are they covering the same duties next week?

The Spare CLS ticket machine is JH's and the Spare Consett ( i think there is two) is Stanley Travel's.
Omega54
14 Jan 2022, 12:02 pm #102

(13 Jan 2022, 10:23 pm)OrangeArrow49 Which duties? Are they covering the same duties next week?

The Spare CLS ticket machine is JH's and the Spare Consett ( i think there is two) is Stanley Travel's.

14 Jan 2022, 12:42 pm #103
(14 Jan 2022, 12:02 pm)Omega54 The Spare CLS ticket machine is JH's and the Spare Consett ( i think there is two) is Stanley Travel's.

Would it be the better option to stick with the normal X-lines or get a Stanley Travel replacement? Can all GNE tickets be purchased and used for travel on these buses?
OrangeArrow49
14 Jan 2022, 12:42 pm #103

(14 Jan 2022, 12:02 pm)Omega54 The Spare CLS ticket machine is JH's and the Spare Consett ( i think there is two) is Stanley Travel's.

Would it be the better option to stick with the normal X-lines or get a Stanley Travel replacement? Can all GNE tickets be purchased and used for travel on these buses?

Omega54

14 Jan 2022, 12:51 pm #104
(14 Jan 2022, 12:42 pm)OrangeArrow49 Would it be the better option to stick with the normal X-lines or get a Stanley Travel replacement? Can all GNE tickets be purchased and used for travel on these buses?
They all have GNE Ticket Machines, so I'd imagine so. Well when I was on the Aline ones they could. However I am not so sure about the weekly tickets with the stickers I don't see them having them available to the drivers to give to the customers.
Omega54
14 Jan 2022, 12:51 pm #104

(14 Jan 2022, 12:42 pm)OrangeArrow49 Would it be the better option to stick with the normal X-lines or get a Stanley Travel replacement? Can all GNE tickets be purchased and used for travel on these buses?
They all have GNE Ticket Machines, so I'd imagine so. Well when I was on the Aline ones they could. However I am not so sure about the weekly tickets with the stickers I don't see them having them available to the drivers to give to the customers.

14 Jan 2022, 1:15 pm #105
(14 Jan 2022, 12:51 pm)Omega54 They all have GNE Ticket Machines, so I'd imagine so. Well when I was on the Aline ones they could. However I am not so sure about the weekly tickets with the stickers I don't see them having them available to the drivers to give to the customers.

For Consett I'll be getting a GNE All Zones, but I don't know if Stanley Travel will be running the same duties next week and even if they are the X-lines bus might be the better option.

I might go to Whitley Bay instead, but I'm not sure which bus is the best or if the Metro is better. 308 is the quickest bus, Metro is quickest mode, GNE is the cheapest (£4, compared to Arriva £4.70 I think). Local buses in Whitley Bay are operated by Arriva rather than GNE though, for the most part. The Pulsars on the 306 look good, but 306 is the same journey time as GNE.
OrangeArrow49
14 Jan 2022, 1:15 pm #105

(14 Jan 2022, 12:51 pm)Omega54 They all have GNE Ticket Machines, so I'd imagine so. Well when I was on the Aline ones they could. However I am not so sure about the weekly tickets with the stickers I don't see them having them available to the drivers to give to the customers.

For Consett I'll be getting a GNE All Zones, but I don't know if Stanley Travel will be running the same duties next week and even if they are the X-lines bus might be the better option.

I might go to Whitley Bay instead, but I'm not sure which bus is the best or if the Metro is better. 308 is the quickest bus, Metro is quickest mode, GNE is the cheapest (£4, compared to Arriva £4.70 I think). Local buses in Whitley Bay are operated by Arriva rather than GNE though, for the most part. The Pulsars on the 306 look good, but 306 is the same journey time as GNE.

Omega54

14 Jan 2022, 2:01 pm #106
(14 Jan 2022, 1:15 pm)OrangeArrow49 For Consett I'll be getting a GNE All Zones, but I don't know if Stanley Travel will be running the same duties next week and even if they are the X-lines bus might be the better option.

Atleast GNE are getting companies to cover their services.

Tbh, it gives those company much needed revenue aswell
Omega54
14 Jan 2022, 2:01 pm #106

(14 Jan 2022, 1:15 pm)OrangeArrow49 For Consett I'll be getting a GNE All Zones, but I don't know if Stanley Travel will be running the same duties next week and even if they are the X-lines bus might be the better option.

Atleast GNE are getting companies to cover their services.

14 Jan 2022, 2:11 pm #107
(14 Jan 2022, 2:01 pm)Omega54 Atleast GNE are getting companies to cover their services.

How is the revenue being worked out? Are the fares going to each operator instead of GNE or is GNE paying each operator a set amount to cover their services? 

I'm not sure if to go to Consett or Whitley Bay. A-Line's tracking isn't working for some reason (but works for GNE services), which A-Line bus is which on the GNE fleet list? Could A-Line sell GNE tickets on their own works services as they have GNE ticket machines?
OrangeArrow49
14 Jan 2022, 2:11 pm #107

(14 Jan 2022, 2:01 pm)Omega54 Atleast GNE are getting companies to cover their services.

How is the revenue being worked out? Are the fares going to each operator instead of GNE or is GNE paying each operator a set amount to cover their services? 

I'm not sure if to go to Consett or Whitley Bay. A-Line's tracking isn't working for some reason (but works for GNE services), which A-Line bus is which on the GNE fleet list? Could A-Line sell GNE tickets on their own works services as they have GNE ticket machines?

Omega54

14 Jan 2022, 2:29 pm #108
(14 Jan 2022, 2:11 pm)OrangeArrow49 How is the revenue being worked out? Are the fares going to each operator instead of GNE or is GNE paying each operator a set amount to cover their services? 

First part I obviously don't know. And I don't think it matters to anyone bar the bus companies itself. 

I haven't been on a-line bus without it covering GNE route so idk about the tracking. I don't think which AlIne bus it is matter I think A-Line have 5-7 machines which they use. 

Aline Couldn't sell GNE tickets as they would been a journey have to have route info, trip number.
Omega54
14 Jan 2022, 2:29 pm #108

(14 Jan 2022, 2:11 pm)OrangeArrow49 How is the revenue being worked out? Are the fares going to each operator instead of GNE or is GNE paying each operator a set amount to cover their services? 

First part I obviously don't know. And I don't think it matters to anyone bar the bus companies itself. 

I haven't been on a-line bus without it covering GNE route so idk about the tracking. I don't think which AlIne bus it is matter I think A-Line have 5-7 machines which they use. 

Aline Couldn't sell GNE tickets as they would been a journey have to have route info, trip number.

Omega54

14 Jan 2022, 6:05 pm #109
There isn't a 78, from Consett to Sunderland, Sunderland to Consett for over 3 hours. And it says From Castleside : However with it running as sunday timetable surely that is wrong. 

Seems like the X1 17:50 (second one after the game) is cancelled which is just excellent.

X72 seems to be running every 2 hours from Stanley after 5pm. 

IDK why they have the X30/31 on, that is just weird seems as though it is sunday service. Same with the X71/70

EDIT - THese seems to suggest that GNE are running a saturday service, as the 17:50 X1 is the last one to Dalton Park. Which doesn't run.

What on earth is GNE doing.....
Omega54
14 Jan 2022, 6:05 pm #109

There isn't a 78, from Consett to Sunderland, Sunderland to Consett for over 3 hours. And it says From Castleside : However with it running as sunday timetable surely that is wrong. 

Seems like the X1 17:50 (second one after the game) is cancelled which is just excellent.

IDK why they have the X30/31 on, that is just weird seems as though it is sunday service. Same with the X71/70

EDIT - THese seems to suggest that GNE are running a saturday service, as the 17:50 X1 is the last one to Dalton Park. Which doesn't run.

Thomas12

14 Jan 2022, 6:16 pm #110
(14 Jan 2022, 6:05 pm)Omega54 There isn't a 78, from Consett to Sunderland, Sunderland to Consett for over 3 hours. And it says From Castleside : However with it running as sunday timetable surely that is wrong. 

If you look, the cancellations for tomorrow are exactly the same as today, so it's obviously just a mistake.
Thomas12
14 Jan 2022, 6:16 pm #110

(14 Jan 2022, 6:05 pm)Omega54 There isn't a 78, from Consett to Sunderland, Sunderland to Consett for over 3 hours. And it says From Castleside : However with it running as sunday timetable surely that is wrong. 

If you look, the cancellations for tomorrow are exactly the same as today, so it's obviously just a mistake.

Omega54

14 Jan 2022, 6:24 pm #111
(14 Jan 2022, 6:16 pm)Thomas12 If you look, the cancellations for tomorrow are exactly the same as today, so it's obviously just a mistake.
Maybe so, but will people who didn't travel on Friday, realise that? Or will they think, Oh they are returning to normal service. 

Also when will these be edited...to which they should be
Omega54
14 Jan 2022, 6:24 pm #111

(14 Jan 2022, 6:16 pm)Thomas12 If you look, the cancellations for tomorrow are exactly the same as today, so it's obviously just a mistake.
Maybe so, but will people who didn't travel on Friday, realise that? Or will they think, Oh they are returning to normal service. 

Also when will these be edited...to which they should be

Andreos1

15 Jan 2022, 6:58 pm #112
Ma and Pa Constantopolous popped to the town today. I say popped... 
Their plan was to get a 4 to the Galleries and then an X1 to Newcastle. Almost 3 hours after setting off, they ended up in Newcastle.
The return journey was just under 2 hours. That was using a 21 and a 78.
They had no idea it was a Sunday timetable and only knew after overhearing someone whilst they were waiting for an X1 in a 'mile long queue'.
They're disgruntled pensioners who still have two cars, but thought it would easier getting the bus to and from the town. 
Not sure they're in any rush to get the bus again after todays experience.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
15 Jan 2022, 6:58 pm #112

Ma and Pa Constantopolous popped to the town today. I say popped... 
Their plan was to get a 4 to the Galleries and then an X1 to Newcastle. Almost 3 hours after setting off, they ended up in Newcastle.
They had no idea it was a Sunday timetable and only knew after overhearing someone whilst they were waiting for an X1 in a 'mile long queue'.
They're disgruntled pensioners who still have two cars, but thought it would easier getting the bus to and from the town. 

MurdnunoC

15 Jan 2022, 7:21 pm #113
(15 Jan 2022, 6:58 pm)Andreos1 Ma and Pa Constantopolous popped to the town today. I say popped... 

Yeah, but pensioners mean concessionary passes and their opinions count as much as the fresh air secured services allegedly carry.

You should know this by now!!!
MurdnunoC
15 Jan 2022, 7:21 pm #113

(15 Jan 2022, 6:58 pm)Andreos1 Ma and Pa Constantopolous popped to the town today. I say popped... 

Yeah, but pensioners mean concessionary passes and their opinions count as much as the fresh air secured services allegedly carry.

Andreos1

15 Jan 2022, 8:08 pm #114
(15 Jan 2022, 7:21 pm)MurdnunoC Yeah, but pensioners mean concessionary passes and their opinions count as much as the fresh air secured services allegedly carry.

I do know they're viewed as nothing more than a nuisance. But these pensioners help fill the daytime runs when they would normally carry nowt but fresh air and can be an efficient form of passing on and sharing gossip amongst a massive range of ages. 

What is it they say about the power of word of mouth?

Andreos1
15 Jan 2022, 8:08 pm #114

(15 Jan 2022, 7:21 pm)MurdnunoC Yeah, but pensioners mean concessionary passes and their opinions count as much as the fresh air secured services allegedly carry.

I do know they're viewed as nothing more than a nuisance. But these pensioners help fill the daytime runs when they would normally carry nowt but fresh air and can be an efficient form of passing on and sharing gossip amongst a massive range of ages. 

What is it they say about the power of word of mouth?

16 Jan 2022, 10:17 am #115
A great deal of bad sentiment in Sunderland yesterday over the 20, most paid again for a return to Shields on the E buses.
54APhotography
16 Jan 2022, 10:17 am #115

A great deal of bad sentiment in Sunderland yesterday over the 20, most paid again for a return to Shields on the E buses.

BusLoverMum

16 Jan 2022, 1:17 pm #116
There is a JH coaches president just leaving Durham on the 50, rn.
BusLoverMum
16 Jan 2022, 1:17 pm #116

There is a JH coaches president just leaving Durham on the 50, rn.

Omega54

16 Jan 2022, 1:22 pm #117
(16 Jan 2022, 1:17 pm)BusLoverMum There is a JH coaches president just leaving Durham on the 50, rn.
Currently one on the X1 aswell to Dalton park, making it the 14:04 to Newcastle.
Omega54
16 Jan 2022, 1:22 pm #117

(16 Jan 2022, 1:17 pm)BusLoverMum There is a JH coaches president just leaving Durham on the 50, rn.
Currently one on the X1 aswell to Dalton park, making it the 14:04 to Newcastle.

16 Jan 2022, 1:34 pm #118
(16 Jan 2022, 10:17 am)54APhotography A great deal of bad sentiment in Sunderland yesterday over the 20, most paid again for a return to Shields on the E buses.

Because of the Sunday timetable? Paid again? Where had they come from like? I'll have to ride the 20 at some point.
OrangeArrow49
16 Jan 2022, 1:34 pm #118

(16 Jan 2022, 10:17 am)54APhotography A great deal of bad sentiment in Sunderland yesterday over the 20, most paid again for a return to Shields on the E buses.

Because of the Sunday timetable? Paid again? Where had they come from like? I'll have to ride the 20 at some point.

17 Jan 2022, 6:43 am #119
(16 Jan 2022, 1:34 pm)OrangeArrow49 Because of the Sunday timetable? Paid again? Where had they come from like? I'll have to ride the 20 at some point.
Yes, because of the Sunday timetable, because joe public doesn't sit on forums and bustimes like..
All the people who use the 20 because they live in Westoe, Harton and Cleadon, the people who paid £6 to Go, and then had to fork out another £4.70 or more for an E bus, then a change to get anywhere near where their journey began..
54APhotography
17 Jan 2022, 6:43 am #119

(16 Jan 2022, 1:34 pm)OrangeArrow49 Because of the Sunday timetable? Paid again? Where had they come from like? I'll have to ride the 20 at some point.
Yes, because of the Sunday timetable, because joe public doesn't sit on forums and bustimes like..
All the people who use the 20 because they live in Westoe, Harton and Cleadon, the people who paid £6 to Go, and then had to fork out another £4.70 or more for an E bus, then a change to get anywhere near where their journey began..

Adrian

21 Jan 2022, 11:05 am #120
Haven't seen any Washington and Deptford cancellations posted for a couple of days now, but I notice that the Sunday timetables are still down as being applicable on a Saturday for services out of those depots. 

I wonder if we're expecting a sudden spike of sickness over the weekend, or whether we'll start to see normal service resume?

n.b. most cancellations today are for Consett and Riverside. Although Consett are running a Sunday timetable on some services, Riverside are sticking with a normal Saturday timetable as far as I can see.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
21 Jan 2022, 11:05 am #120

Haven't seen any Washington and Deptford cancellations posted for a couple of days now, but I notice that the Sunday timetables are still down as being applicable on a Saturday for services out of those depots. 

I wonder if we're expecting a sudden spike of sickness over the weekend, or whether we'll start to see normal service resume?

n.b. most cancellations today are for Consett and Riverside. Although Consett are running a Sunday timetable on some services, Riverside are sticking with a normal Saturday timetable as far as I can see.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Pages (15): Previous 15 6 715 Next

• 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average