Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Transport Photography

Transport Photography

Transport Photography

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (21): Previous 1 2 321 Next
31 Aug 2014, 9:48 pm #21
(31 Aug 2014, 9:46 pm)Tom Don't the people at school know about your hobby though?
Surely they would understand then?

They do, and don't seem to mind, but very occasionally I do get people from the rougher areas of Chester shout something at me.
R852 PRG
31 Aug 2014, 9:48 pm #21

(31 Aug 2014, 9:46 pm)Tom Don't the people at school know about your hobby though?
Surely they would understand then?

They do, and don't seem to mind, but very occasionally I do get people from the rougher areas of Chester shout something at me.

Tom

31 Aug 2014, 9:49 pm #22
(31 Aug 2014, 9:48 pm)Marcus They do, and don't seem to mind, but very occasionally I do get people from the rougher areas of Chester shout something at me.

Ah right Smile - There is a lot people from the rougher areas of Wallsend (in fact, are there any nice areas in Wallsend?), and the only nice(ish!) areas are where I live and Holy Cross.
Tom
31 Aug 2014, 9:49 pm #22

(31 Aug 2014, 9:48 pm)Marcus They do, and don't seem to mind, but very occasionally I do get people from the rougher areas of Chester shout something at me.

Ah right Smile - There is a lot people from the rougher areas of Wallsend (in fact, are there any nice areas in Wallsend?), and the only nice(ish!) areas are where I live and Holy Cross.

Adrian

31 Aug 2014, 9:50 pm #23
What's stopping you taking photos elsewhere? If you're from North Tyneside(?), the chances of you bumping into someone you know in say Sunderland, Washington, or Chester, are going to be pretty slim?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
31 Aug 2014, 9:50 pm #23

What's stopping you taking photos elsewhere? If you're from North Tyneside(?), the chances of you bumping into someone you know in say Sunderland, Washington, or Chester, are going to be pretty slim?

31 Aug 2014, 9:53 pm #24
(31 Aug 2014, 9:49 pm)Tom Ah right Smile - There is a lot people from the rougher areas of Wallsend (in fact, are there any nice areas in Wallsend?), and the only nice(ish!) areas are where I live and Holy Cross.

Totally irrelevant - but I've just checked the Internet and it says Wallsend is a 'City in England'. Good god, Chester will be a borough and Fencehouses will be the flamin' Capital!!
R852 PRG
31 Aug 2014, 9:53 pm #24

(31 Aug 2014, 9:49 pm)Tom Ah right Smile - There is a lot people from the rougher areas of Wallsend (in fact, are there any nice areas in Wallsend?), and the only nice(ish!) areas are where I live and Holy Cross.

Totally irrelevant - but I've just checked the Internet and it says Wallsend is a 'City in England'. Good god, Chester will be a borough and Fencehouses will be the flamin' Capital!!

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Aug 2014, 9:58 pm #25
(31 Aug 2014, 9:50 pm)aureolin What's stopping you taking photos elsewhere? If you're from North Tyneside(?), the chances of you bumping into someone you know in say Sunderland, Washington, or Chester, are going to be pretty slim?
This is the prime reason why I don't take many photos in Sunderland now. Park Lane is usually a no-go as there's always at least one person I know hanging around there. Even during the dead of night when I haven't had my camera, I've seen people I know at Park Lane.

I've been spotted taking photos in Houghton twice. One time, the person didn't say anything to me. Another, the person sent me a message asking why I was in Houghton, but I didn't bother replying and nothing ever came of it.
Dan
31 Aug 2014, 9:58 pm #25

(31 Aug 2014, 9:50 pm)aureolin What's stopping you taking photos elsewhere? If you're from North Tyneside(?), the chances of you bumping into someone you know in say Sunderland, Washington, or Chester, are going to be pretty slim?
This is the prime reason why I don't take many photos in Sunderland now. Park Lane is usually a no-go as there's always at least one person I know hanging around there. Even during the dead of night when I haven't had my camera, I've seen people I know at Park Lane.

I've been spotted taking photos in Houghton twice. One time, the person didn't say anything to me. Another, the person sent me a message asking why I was in Houghton, but I didn't bother replying and nothing ever came of it.

Andreos1

31 Aug 2014, 10:00 pm #26
(31 Aug 2014, 9:53 pm)Marcus Totally irrelevant - but I've just checked the Internet and it says Wallsend is a 'City in England'. Good god, Chester will be a borough and Fencehouses will be the flamin' Capital!!

We are going for independence. The Peoples Republic of Fencehouses (or PRF) for short.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
31 Aug 2014, 10:00 pm #26

(31 Aug 2014, 9:53 pm)Marcus Totally irrelevant - but I've just checked the Internet and it says Wallsend is a 'City in England'. Good god, Chester will be a borough and Fencehouses will be the flamin' Capital!!

We are going for independence. The Peoples Republic of Fencehouses (or PRF) for short.

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Aug 2014, 10:06 pm #27
(31 Aug 2014, 10:00 pm)Andreos Constantopolous We are going for independence. The Peoples Republic of Fencehouses (or PRF) for short.
Surely not! Independence may lead to the area becoming an area for tourists, with ticketing options on bus services being consequently designed for tourists too!

Conversely, the increased patronage may warrant commercial night and Sunday services... Who knows?!
Dan
31 Aug 2014, 10:06 pm #27

(31 Aug 2014, 10:00 pm)Andreos Constantopolous We are going for independence. The Peoples Republic of Fencehouses (or PRF) for short.
Surely not! Independence may lead to the area becoming an area for tourists, with ticketing options on bus services being consequently designed for tourists too!

Conversely, the increased patronage may warrant commercial night and Sunday services... Who knows?!

31 Aug 2014, 10:08 pm #28

The PRF?! Sounds like a flaming Bazooka! (no doubt they already have a few, though) Wink
R852 PRG
31 Aug 2014, 10:08 pm #28

The PRF?! Sounds like a flaming Bazooka! (no doubt they already have a few, though) Wink

Andreos1

31 Aug 2014, 10:16 pm #29
(31 Aug 2014, 10:08 pm)Marcus The PRF?! Sounds like a flaming Bazooka! (no doubt they already have a few, though) Wink

Potato and 'cap' versions of course.

One of the bonuses of declaring independence will be the 'charges' we enforce on buses passing through between 0930 and 1800. The 10p per bus charge, will enable us to cover the costs and make a profit for our own bus service, which will run into the night.

You are more than welcome taking photos for your Flickr at Checkpoint Colin (Woodstone Village), Checkpoint Chas (outside the sewage works) Checkpoint Cedric (junction with Blackie Boy Road) or Checkpoint Ceidric (Winters Bank).

Andreos1
31 Aug 2014, 10:16 pm #29

(31 Aug 2014, 10:08 pm)Marcus The PRF?! Sounds like a flaming Bazooka! (no doubt they already have a few, though) Wink

Potato and 'cap' versions of course.

One of the bonuses of declaring independence will be the 'charges' we enforce on buses passing through between 0930 and 1800. The 10p per bus charge, will enable us to cover the costs and make a profit for our own bus service, which will run into the night.

You are more than welcome taking photos for your Flickr at Checkpoint Colin (Woodstone Village), Checkpoint Chas (outside the sewage works) Checkpoint Cedric (junction with Blackie Boy Road) or Checkpoint Ceidric (Winters Bank).

Tom

31 Aug 2014, 11:07 pm #30

I've saw someone from my school in Consett! Give me a puzzled look and asked me what I was doing there (they were seeing there dad, and I claimed I was seeing my auntie). Thankfully didn't see me with the camera though.
Tom
31 Aug 2014, 11:07 pm #30

I've saw someone from my school in Consett! Give me a puzzled look and asked me what I was doing there (they were seeing there dad, and I claimed I was seeing my auntie). Thankfully didn't see me with the camera though.

01 Sep 2014, 12:27 am #31
It doesn't bother me who sees me photoing.

I must have just got lucky that I didn't get any grief at school about my hobby, but that was because I was open about my hobby.

Tom, North Tyneside isn't rough. Try working in Throckley all the time.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
01 Sep 2014, 12:27 am #31

It doesn't bother me who sees me photoing.

I must have just got lucky that I didn't get any grief at school about my hobby, but that was because I was open about my hobby.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/

Tom

01 Sep 2014, 9:31 am #32
(01 Sep 2014, 12:27 am)GMitchelhill It doesn't bother me who sees me photoing.

The area where I live isn't, but Wallsend is.
Tom
01 Sep 2014, 9:31 am #32

The area where I live isn't, but Wallsend is.

01 Sep 2014, 9:55 am #33
Tom as you know I live near you. I have lived in this area all my life. I have seen places 100 times rougher than Wallsend. When you leave school and start spreading your wings you will find rougher areas.

Rapidsnap
01 Sep 2014, 9:55 am #33

Tom as you know I live near you. I have lived in this area all my life. I have seen places 100 times rougher than Wallsend. When you leave school and start spreading your wings you will find rougher areas.

Adrian

01 Sep 2014, 5:00 pm #34

It's one of those hobbies that isn't mainstream, so it's seen as geeky or 'weird'. No different to someone who follows Rugby for example, or perhaps plays online RPG games in reality though. It's a bit harder at school, because kids that age can be really nasty, without fully understanding the consequences of what they're doing. I guess you've been lucky that you didn't get any grief.

I'm not too fussed nowadays, but I'd rather not put myself in the position. I stay away where I used to live, and also where I work. There's plenty other places accessible with an explorer or day rover, without doing it on your own doorstep.

Adrian
01 Sep 2014, 5:00 pm #34

It's one of those hobbies that isn't mainstream, so it's seen as geeky or 'weird'. No different to someone who follows Rugby for example, or perhaps plays online RPG games in reality though. It's a bit harder at school, because kids that age can be really nasty, without fully understanding the consequences of what they're doing. I guess you've been lucky that you didn't get any grief.

I'm not too fussed nowadays, but I'd rather not put myself in the position. I stay away where I used to live, and also where I work. There's plenty other places accessible with an explorer or day rover, without doing it on your own doorstep.

Tommy1581

03 Sep 2014, 10:15 am #35
Ashington bus station, the old depot gates. Stand on the wood chippings and take the photo just before the bus takes the curve or when it's on the curve. Wink
Tommy1581
03 Sep 2014, 10:15 am #35

Ashington bus station, the old depot gates. Stand on the wood chippings and take the photo just before the bus takes the curve or when it's on the curve. Wink

Malarkey

28 Sep 2014, 8:45 pm #36
Sweet Cream on a Ice Cream Sandwhich I would not recommend messing around with the Bus Station Manager/Security in Middlesbrough Bus Station, Certainly an Experience I won't forget anytime soon, Got off the X66 in M'Boro having left Aureolin and Dan in Stockton as I wanted a few photos of the Sapphire Streetlites, so I got off and took a Photo of 1508 which was on the X66, And this Bald Headed Beef Cake of a Man comes out of the Doors to the Layover Stand ranting and raving, so in an effort to defuse the situation I decided to walk in the Opposite Direction, only to be cut off by two 6ft+ Security Guards, They simply told me No Photography in the Bus Station, This is despite there being a Loop where if the Bus Station is Classed as Private Property by it's Owners, but is open to the Public then you can take Photos as you please, And that I wasn't allowed to be on the Pavement outside the Bus Stands, Depriving me of my Rights to Fresh Air, Plus what is worse is there is Security Locks on the Doors of each stand, so you can't get out unless a Bus is on the Stand which I think is and I Quote F***ing Stupid, Anyway as it was Sunday and that fact I CBA to Argue with them I decided to go out via the Exit of the Bus Station to the Bit next to BBC Tees Offices, This in the end ended up with me Running back the way I came out and back into the Bus Station to catch the X10 Home, due to there being to no Crossing, I think M'Boro Bus Station is worst Designed Bus Station I have ever been in, other than Eldon Square/Haymarket.
Malarkey
28 Sep 2014, 8:45 pm #36

Sweet Cream on a Ice Cream Sandwhich I would not recommend messing around with the Bus Station Manager/Security in Middlesbrough Bus Station, Certainly an Experience I won't forget anytime soon, Got off the X66 in M'Boro having left Aureolin and Dan in Stockton as I wanted a few photos of the Sapphire Streetlites, so I got off and took a Photo of 1508 which was on the X66, And this Bald Headed Beef Cake of a Man comes out of the Doors to the Layover Stand ranting and raving, so in an effort to defuse the situation I decided to walk in the Opposite Direction, only to be cut off by two 6ft+ Security Guards, They simply told me No Photography in the Bus Station, This is despite there being a Loop where if the Bus Station is Classed as Private Property by it's Owners, but is open to the Public then you can take Photos as you please, And that I wasn't allowed to be on the Pavement outside the Bus Stands, Depriving me of my Rights to Fresh Air, Plus what is worse is there is Security Locks on the Doors of each stand, so you can't get out unless a Bus is on the Stand which I think is and I Quote F***ing Stupid, Anyway as it was Sunday and that fact I CBA to Argue with them I decided to go out via the Exit of the Bus Station to the Bit next to BBC Tees Offices, This in the end ended up with me Running back the way I came out and back into the Bus Station to catch the X10 Home, due to there being to no Crossing, I think M'Boro Bus Station is worst Designed Bus Station I have ever been in, other than Eldon Square/Haymarket.

Kuyoyo

28 Sep 2014, 8:56 pm #37
(28 Sep 2014, 8:45 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Sweet Cream on a Ice Cream Sandwhich I would not recommend messing around with the Bus Station Manager/Security in Middlesbrough Bus Station, Certainly an Experience I won't forget anytime soon, Got off the X66 in M'Boro having left Aureolin and Dan in Stockton as I wanted a few photos of the Sapphire Streetlites, so I got off and took a Photo of 1508 which was on the X66, And this Bald Headed Beef Cake of a Man comes out of the Doors to the Layover Stand ranting and raving, so in an effort to defuse the situation I decided to walk in the Opposite Direction, only to be cut off by two 6ft+ Security Guards, They simply told me No Photography in the Bus Station, This is despite there being a Loop where if the Bus Station is Classed as Private Property by it's Owners, but is open to the Public then you can take Photos as you please, And that I wasn't allowed to be on the Pavement outside the Bus Stands, Depriving me of my Rights to Fresh Air, Plus what is worse is there is Security Locks on the Doors of each stand, so you can't get out unless a Bus is on the Stand which I think is and I Quote F***ing Stupid, Anyway as it was Sunday and that fact I CBA to Argue with them I decided to go out via the Exit of the Bus Station to the Bit next to BBC Tees Offices, This in the end ended up with me Running back the way I came out and back into the Bus Station to catch the X10 Home, due to there being to no Crossing, I think M'Boro Bus Station is worst Designed Bus Station I have ever been in, other than Eldon Square/Haymarket.

You aren't allowed outside on the stands in Middlesbrough Bus Station - or have people forgotten the fatal accident back in November 2011 when someone was killed by 1213. Hence all the safety features. Easy enough to stand outside at BBC Tees to photo everything as it comes in and out, plus stands 16/17 (the X66 stand and 21a/X7/X10 stand) are easy to photo at, and stands 1-5 later in the day due to the sun (stand 1-4 are better to photograph after sunset as it is light that side of the bus station to the other side).
Kuyoyo
28 Sep 2014, 8:56 pm #37

(28 Sep 2014, 8:45 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Sweet Cream on a Ice Cream Sandwhich I would not recommend messing around with the Bus Station Manager/Security in Middlesbrough Bus Station, Certainly an Experience I won't forget anytime soon, Got off the X66 in M'Boro having left Aureolin and Dan in Stockton as I wanted a few photos of the Sapphire Streetlites, so I got off and took a Photo of 1508 which was on the X66, And this Bald Headed Beef Cake of a Man comes out of the Doors to the Layover Stand ranting and raving, so in an effort to defuse the situation I decided to walk in the Opposite Direction, only to be cut off by two 6ft+ Security Guards, They simply told me No Photography in the Bus Station, This is despite there being a Loop where if the Bus Station is Classed as Private Property by it's Owners, but is open to the Public then you can take Photos as you please, And that I wasn't allowed to be on the Pavement outside the Bus Stands, Depriving me of my Rights to Fresh Air, Plus what is worse is there is Security Locks on the Doors of each stand, so you can't get out unless a Bus is on the Stand which I think is and I Quote F***ing Stupid, Anyway as it was Sunday and that fact I CBA to Argue with them I decided to go out via the Exit of the Bus Station to the Bit next to BBC Tees Offices, This in the end ended up with me Running back the way I came out and back into the Bus Station to catch the X10 Home, due to there being to no Crossing, I think M'Boro Bus Station is worst Designed Bus Station I have ever been in, other than Eldon Square/Haymarket.

You aren't allowed outside on the stands in Middlesbrough Bus Station - or have people forgotten the fatal accident back in November 2011 when someone was killed by 1213. Hence all the safety features. Easy enough to stand outside at BBC Tees to photo everything as it comes in and out, plus stands 16/17 (the X66 stand and 21a/X7/X10 stand) are easy to photo at, and stands 1-5 later in the day due to the sun (stand 1-4 are better to photograph after sunset as it is light that side of the bus station to the other side).

Jimmi

28 Sep 2014, 9:06 pm #38
It was funny watching two chavs trying to get away from the police and they couldn't get out through the doors the other week.

Yeah, the incident with 1213 was what caused them to bulk up on the safety in the bus station because everyone was using it as a shortcut and I have to say that Arriva got some major bollocking for that incident when he really shouldn't have been there. People still use them doors as a shortcut with people often shoving people out of the way to get through them doors when a bus is on the stand. a few weeks back I saw a near repeat of the 1213 incident.
Jimmi
28 Sep 2014, 9:06 pm #38

It was funny watching two chavs trying to get away from the police and they couldn't get out through the doors the other week.

Yeah, the incident with 1213 was what caused them to bulk up on the safety in the bus station because everyone was using it as a shortcut and I have to say that Arriva got some major bollocking for that incident when he really shouldn't have been there. People still use them doors as a shortcut with people often shoving people out of the way to get through them doors when a bus is on the stand. a few weeks back I saw a near repeat of the 1213 incident.

Malarkey

28 Sep 2014, 9:16 pm #39
(28 Sep 2014, 8:56 pm)Kuyoyo You aren't allowed outside on the stands in Middlesbrough Bus Station - or have people forgotten the fatal accident back in November 2011 when someone was killed by 1213. Hence all the safety features. Easy enough to stand outside at BBC Tees to photo everything as it comes in and out, plus stands 16/17 (the X66 stand and 21a/X7/X10 stand) are easy to photo at, and stands 1-5 later in the day due to the sun (stand 1-4 are better to photograph after sunset as it is light that side of the bus station to the other side).

I wasn't aware of this Incident so I Apologize, Had I been aware of it I wouldn't of made the Post but they were very heavy handed for my liking and made me feel quite Uncomfortable with there Confrontational Tactical Approach to the Situation, compared to how Nexus handle the same Situation at there Bus Stations. I do feel the Safety Measures are somewhat Extreme though but that is just my opinion and I am sure others may agree.
Malarkey
28 Sep 2014, 9:16 pm #39

(28 Sep 2014, 8:56 pm)Kuyoyo You aren't allowed outside on the stands in Middlesbrough Bus Station - or have people forgotten the fatal accident back in November 2011 when someone was killed by 1213. Hence all the safety features. Easy enough to stand outside at BBC Tees to photo everything as it comes in and out, plus stands 16/17 (the X66 stand and 21a/X7/X10 stand) are easy to photo at, and stands 1-5 later in the day due to the sun (stand 1-4 are better to photograph after sunset as it is light that side of the bus station to the other side).

I wasn't aware of this Incident so I Apologize, Had I been aware of it I wouldn't of made the Post but they were very heavy handed for my liking and made me feel quite Uncomfortable with there Confrontational Tactical Approach to the Situation, compared to how Nexus handle the same Situation at there Bus Stations. I do feel the Safety Measures are somewhat Extreme though but that is just my opinion and I am sure others may agree.

Jimmi

28 Sep 2014, 9:32 pm #40
I don't find the locks on the doors to be a bad thing as it does reduce the amount of people using it as a shortcut, although many still do take these shortcuts, one I often see is people coming from outside and running across the road and entering through the doors for offloading passengers on the X66 stand.

I think they want to get the message across by being tough on this as I think if they talked to most people in a nice polite way they may not bother listening to them although others probably wouldn't respond to being shouted at.

They clearly are trying to prevent another incident like the 1213 incident happening again.
Jimmi
28 Sep 2014, 9:32 pm #40

I don't find the locks on the doors to be a bad thing as it does reduce the amount of people using it as a shortcut, although many still do take these shortcuts, one I often see is people coming from outside and running across the road and entering through the doors for offloading passengers on the X66 stand.

I think they want to get the message across by being tough on this as I think if they talked to most people in a nice polite way they may not bother listening to them although others probably wouldn't respond to being shouted at.

They clearly are trying to prevent another incident like the 1213 incident happening again.

Pages (21): Previous 1 2 321 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average