North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

CatsFast101

(07 Mar 2014, 8:17 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]All "Centurion" and "Pulse" branded vehicles are to be repainted red, as well as yellow spares 5164 and 5166.

I knew this was happening with centurion didn't realise Pulse was also, blonde moment! And I assume fab57 too?

(07 Mar 2014, 8:17 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]I previously referred to secondary routes and the branding on those services. These services can only justify the cost of very basic brand designs as they are, in terms of age, allocated the worst vehicles in the fleet - this means that vehicle types will frequently change. These basic brand designs reduce the quality of branding across the entire network. >> Is it not better to have these services in the corporate livery instead? <<
I have previously made reference to the "Centurion" brand essentially being a cost-cutting exercise, a mere cover up technique to hide the previous vinyl markings which were left behind. The cost of doing so was cheaper than repainting the vehicles red - the choice at the time.

No, it's not. The fleet livery is basic, boring and completely ridiculous! A plain red bus? No vinyls it looks so basic and underwhelming for a big company like Go North East. If a better corporate design then yes but not at the minute. As I've said before, either brand the majority of the primary, main & secondary route or better designated fleet livery IMO.

(07 Mar 2014, 8:17 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]In addition, branding in some cases simply does not work. Vehicles appear off-route frequently and brand identity is lost in the process.

I've said it before, but this cannot be used as a reason! Depot staff need to regard branding more importantly at the end of the day, company want it but yet depot managers and allocator aren't too concerned so management paint them all red?!
Centurions on the 9 should never of happened, no reason for it to happen end of. Percy a Main should be held accountable.
(07 Mar 2014, 3:42 pm)CatsFast101 wrote [ -> ]I knew this was happening with centurion didn't realise Pulse was also, blonde moment! And I assume fab57 too?

citaro5284 certainly suggested it a number of times a few weeks ago when Michael noted the services which had moved to Riverside - one of which was the Pulse, and citaro5284 said 'Soon to be services 67 and 69'. Few people understood what he was getting at though.

The Fab57s aren't being repainted just yet as far as I know, but given the aforementioned reasoning, they will probably be repainted - providing that Go North East don't want to keep the Fab57 name when the service receives investment later this year.
(06 Mar 2014, 4:04 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]I like how the x66 is running, but x43, x88 and s1 aren't (due to the malls being closed).

If the malls are closed, why is the x66 running?
Pretty certain Ikea and the other warehouses will be opening over that far side - but passengers can't get a bus there...

Ikea etc won't be open. Any retail outlet over 3,000 sq foot (280 metres) has to be closed on Christmas Day & Easter Sunday by UK Law.

Cash & Carries are exempt
5333 and 5334 are now at Saltmeadows to receive Wear Tees Xpress branding.
(07 Mar 2014, 5:58 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]5333 and 5334 are now at Saltmeadows to receive Wear Tees Xpress branding.

I know 5333 went to Peterlee for familiarisation but why didn't they just keep 5334, 5335 and 5336 at Saltmeadows and brand them rather than sending them off to Deptford and then back to Saltmeadows.
(07 Mar 2014, 6:30 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]I know 5333 went to Peterlee for familiarisation but why didn't they just keep 5334, 5335 and 5336 at Saltmeadows and brand them rather than sending them off to Deptford and then back to Saltmeadows.

Vehicles are often branded at their home depot, depending on availability of space and livery complexity - so the original plan could have been to brand them at Deptford (acting as the home depot, opposed to Peterlee).

It could also be that there was little space at SMR so the vehicles had to be stored at a larger depot - Deptford.
(07 Mar 2014, 6:43 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It could also be that there was little space at SMR so the vehicles had to be stored at a larger depot - Deptford.

Correct
(07 Mar 2014, 5:58 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]5333 and 5334 are now at Saltmeadows to receive Wear Tees Xpress branding.

Any idea when they will be branded or will it be Monday now?
Just paid a £2.60 fare and seeing as I didn't have the right change and was paying with a note, offered the driver the 60p.

First time ever it has happened, but he didn't want it and refused it!

Obviously clocking off soon!
(07 Mar 2014, 6:45 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Any idea when they will be branded or will it be Monday now?

I wasn't told when they arrived, just that they were there - so I'm afraid I don't know when they will be branded, if they aren't already.
When will the south tyne versas and the 50s get branded seems quick that the X7 is getting branded straight away and the others are not
(07 Mar 2014, 6:55 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I wasn't told when they arrived, just that they were there - so I'm afraid I don't know when they will be branded, if they aren't already.

Alright thanks
Following on from discussion in the Service Suggestions thread, it is interesting to see that Go North East are promoting the Cobalt Connect at present.
Is there not a case for attracting advertisements to go along the sides of the 'RED' buses but not covering the windows!!!!! Might make the company some money and take away the blandness.
(07 Mar 2014, 8:24 pm)RCN 699 wrote [ -> ]Is there not a case for attracting advertisements to go along the sides of the 'RED' buses but not covering the windows!!!!! Might make the company some money and take away the blandness.

Might this have something to do with the corporate livery held by vehicles at present not being complete?
5337 & 5338

Both these vehicles have received Off side destination displays, in the window above front wheel arch.
(08 Mar 2014, 12:06 am)park5354 wrote [ -> ]5337 & 5338

Both these vehicles have received Off side destination displays, in the window above front wheel arch.

They've always had them - Go South Coast specify LED screens on both the nearside and offside.
(07 Mar 2014, 1:12 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Do you really think I'd note it if it didn't happen?

So why would it be at Stanley for a day
Just a couple of observations from earlier tonight.

The Merc on the 2c tonight which passed me at Fatfield, was like a bag of spanners compared to the 4 I had just got off.

As I was supping my first pint of the night, a branded Renown (on an 8), decided to run along Fatfield riverside, rather than over the speed bumps on Bonemill Lane.
No idea whether the driver fancied the diversion or if there was an official reason for his off route dalliance.
(08 Mar 2014, 3:10 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Just a couple of observations from earlier tonight.

The Merc on the 2c tonight which passed me at Fatfield, was like a bag of spanners compared to the 4 I had just got off.

As I was supping my first pint of the night, a branded Renown (on an 8), decided to run along Fatfield riverside, rather than over the speed bumps on Bonemill Lane.
No idea whether the driver fancied the diversion or if there was an official reason for his off route dalliance.

There are one or two evening runs which go via Fatfield Riverside.
(07 Mar 2014, 11:19 am)Acky81 wrote [ -> ]4845 isn't at Stanley it's on 35a at depford

It was at Stanley for 3 days, it is back at Deptford for a short while before moving again.
(08 Mar 2014, 5:34 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]There are one or two evening runs which go via Fatfield Riverside.

In the past, the 'Chester' bus always diverted along there on an evening, for a few runs - but never knew the 8 did it too.
(08 Mar 2014, 9:16 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]In the past, the 'Chester' bus always diverted along there on an evening, for a few runs - but never knew the 8 did it too.

The 8 is the one which terminates at Chester...
(08 Mar 2014, 9:06 am)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]It was at Stanley for 3 days, it is back at Deptford for a short while before moving again.

Any idea why
(08 Mar 2014, 9:17 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]The 8 is the one which terminates at Chester...

This was going to Sunderland though.
Just checked the timetable and I cant see anything about it going along the riverside.
Been outband about today and I could see Adshel adverts for the Cobalt Clipper at Billy Mill and on Billy Mill Lane. I didn't expect that like!
On GNE facebook page about an hour ago:

"The 202 was supposed to be at crawford avenue at 12 mins past and it still isnt here is it running?

Like · · about an hour ago via Mobile

Go North East I'm sorry this bus has broken down and is unable to operate.

Like · Reply · about an hour ago".

If this broken down bus was a East Durham Mpd, then its about time GNE decided to get rid of these MPDS, and buy some decent small buses (Solos) as usually anything bigger than a MPD will be no good for the East Durham services, time after time ive seen the MPDS broken down roughly 2 per week that ive seen, passengers are wondering if their going to get to their destination or waiting in the cold for the bus to never turn up.
(08 Mar 2014, 9:19 am)Acky81 wrote [ -> ]Any idea why

It is classed as bit of a float vehicle now, so it will go anywhere it is needed, as for the reasons why it was at Stanley, I don't know.
5335/36 have joined 5333/34 at Saltmeadows to receive "Wear Tees Xpress" branding.

5154 is now at Saltmeadows for its repaint into corporate livery red.
Two blue Omnis parked up in Chester.

One at the front, blinded up for Consett and the other still where it has been all week (unless another is parked in the same spot).

Whilst that Omni is blinded up for the 78, the 50 has a Renown on it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27