North East Buses

Full Version: 2015/16 Football Season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Stadium of Light offers some of the cheapest prices in football.

Sunderland AFC has announced price reductions throughout the Stadium of Light on season cards for the 2016-17 season.
Already offering fans exceptional value for money, a Sunderland season card will now be one of the cheapest in football.

http://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2016/...e_newsfeed&utm_medium=latest_news_article_1_news_image&utm_campaign=newsclub_news2016februaryseason_card_prices_cut
(15 Feb 2016, 11:15 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Stadium of Light offers some of the cheapest prices in football.

Sunderland AFC has announced price reductions throughout the Stadium of Light on season cards for the 2016-17 season.
Already offering fans exceptional value for money, a Sunderland season card will now be one of the cheapest in football.

http://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2016/...e_newsfeed&utm_medium=latest_news_article_1_news_image&utm_campaign=newsclub_news2016februaryseason_card_prices_cut
In anticipation of going down to the Championship...

Even at the 2nd tier 18 quid a game is not bad
ANTI World Tour schedule update.

Due to logistical reasons beyond the tours control a number of shows on Rihanna’s forthcoming Anti World Tour have been cancelled. The concert scheduled for Sunderland’s Stadium of Light is one of those affected and the show will no longer go ahead.

http://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2016/...hanna-tour
FA quarter-final draw:

Everton v Chelsea

Reading v Crystal Palace

Arsenal or Hull City v Watford

Shrewsbury or Manchester United v West Ham

Quarter-final ties to be played over March 11-14
Bit of a boring draw if I'm honest. I think the West Ham tie will be the one, no matter who wins on Monday.
(21 Feb 2016, 10:13 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Bit of a boring draw if I'm honest. I think the West Ham tie will be the one, no matter who wins on Monday.

Hull to beat Arsenal only drew cause of the heroics of Eldin Jakupovic think Steve Bruce will have a goalkeeper selection headache now Allan McGreggor and Dusan Kuciak in there next league game which is Tuesday night against Ipswich Town
Hull boss Steve Bruce calls for FA Cup replays to be scrapped after Arsenal stalemate

No they should not...

I say keep replays, those replays can be a matter of life and death for smaller teams...

Something that should be considered is a thing like in the FA Trophy, teams can decide between themselves whether they finish on the day or choose the choice of a replay...

What do our other footy fans think???
(23 Feb 2016, 9:52 am)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Hull boss Steve Bruce calls for FA Cup replays to be scrapped after Arsenal stalemate

No they should not...

I say keep replays, those replays can be a matter of life and death for smaller teams...

Something that should be considered is a thing like in the FA Trophy, teams can decide between themselves whether they finish on the day or choose the choice of a replay...

They should never get rid of replays.
(23 Feb 2016, 9:52 am)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Hull boss Steve Bruce calls for FA Cup replays to be scrapped after Arsenal stalemate

No they should not...

I like the way it is done in the FA Trophy. Gateshead play FC Halifax Town away in the Quarter Finals of the competition on Saturday, and up until the Semi Final, teams can decide whether to go to Extra Time or a Replay.

Saturday's game will go to a replay if it is a draw.
Upcoming games selected for TV

Leicester, Norwich and Arsenal games moved for TV.

http://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2016/...e_newsfeed&utm_medium=latest_news_article_0_news_title&utm_campaign=newsclub_news2016februaryupcoming_games_selected_for_tv
Today's Premiership results:

West Ham 1 - 0 Sunderland
Leicester 1 - 0 Norwich
Southampton 1 v 2 Chelsea
Stoke 2 - 1 Aston Villa
Watford 0 v 0 Bournemouth
The Capital One Cup has entered extra time with the score 1-1.

EDIT: Now into Penalties.

Can scores 1-0.
Fernandinho misses 1-0.
Lucas saved 1-0.
Navas scores 1-1.
Coutinho saved 1-1.
Aguero scores 1-2.
Lallana saved 1-2.
Yaya Toure scores 1-3.

Manchester City have won it After Extra Time and Penalties.
Whatever happened to NEB Soccer Saturday fronted by Davie Stelling [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
(29 Feb 2016, 11:40 am)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Whatever happened to NEB Soccer Saturday fronted by Davie Stelling [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
I got sacked
(29 Feb 2016, 11:40 am)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Whatever happened to NEB Soccer Saturday fronted by Davie Stelling [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

I'm guessing he realised that people can find out the scores by themselves...
(29 Feb 2016, 3:40 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]I'm guessing he realised that people can find out the scores by themselves...

I'm pleased it stopped, I'm not interested in football (don't judge me!) so it used to annoy the hell out of me trying to read this forum on a Saturday afternoon with posts being made every few minutes meaning I to keep going on the thread or marking all forums read.
(29 Feb 2016, 3:53 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I'm pleased it stopped, I'm not interested in football (don't judge me!) so it used to annoy the hell out of me trying to read this forum on a Saturday afternoon with posts being made every few minutes meaning I to keep going on the thread or marking all forums read.

Its the same for everyone though, everyone has threads where they have no interest at all, one example for me is the Wrestling thread.
(29 Feb 2016, 3:58 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Its the same for everyone though, everyone has threads where they have no interest at all, one example for me is the Wrestling thread.

I also have no interest in the Wrestling thread or the Politics one.
(29 Feb 2016, 3:58 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Its the same for everyone though, everyone has threads where they have no interest at all, one example for me is the Wrestling thread.

I know, some will only be intrested in certain threads on the forum but other than the football and wrestling threads I read pretty much every thread on the forum, don't get me wrong they should have a place on the forum for people who are interested to chat to each other about it, for me it was just the frequent score updates that irritated me on a Saturday afternoon, I'd imagine most who would be really interested in seeing score updates would be checking them on an app/site on their phone/computer or watch Soccer Saturday on Sky Sports News HQ rather than sitting on the football thread constantly pressing refresh.
(29 Feb 2016, 4:05 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I know, some will only be intrested in certain threads on the forum but other than the football and wrestling threads I read pretty much every thread on the forum, don't get me wrong they should have a place on the forum for people who are interested to chat to each other about it, for me it was just the frequent score updates that irritated me on a Saturday afternoon, I'd imagine most who would be really interested in seeing score updates would be checking them on an app/site on their phone/computer or watch Soccer Saturday on Sky Sports News HQ rather than sitting on the football thread constantly pressing refresh.

That's why i don't have notifications on, it can get really annoying, especially when a massive discussion is happening.

Think it was last week, i didn't check the forum for 6 hours and had 83 unread posts haha.