North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On a Sunday, do GNE try and use 6049-6055 on the Red Arrows rather than 6001-6007?
(06 Sep 2015, 9:54 am)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]On a Sunday, do GNE try and use 6049-6055 on the Red Arrows rather than 6001-6007?

Will this lead to a suggestion for E400MMCs for the X1?
(06 Sep 2015, 9:43 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]It does - the bus you're on is showing 902 Metro Replacement (and I've got the photo as proof)..? Same goes for 6003 and 6006.

The reason why they are not showing South Hylton or Sunderland is simply because the drivers haven't bothered to scroll through the destinations - the first one in the list is a generic one and that screen should only be used in emergencies when there is not sufficient time to programme a destination and co-ordinate an upload to the vehicle.

All stations between South Hylton and Sunderland are programmed under 902.

I meant before this week as Stagecoach have 900-909.
(06 Sep 2015, 9:57 am)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]I meant before this week as Stagecoach have 900-909.

Why have up to 909 when 900/901 are the only ones used on a regular basis and 902 is used once every year or two? Whoever does the destinations at Stagecoach must have too much time on their hands... Gateshead had a 902 to Heworth and Jarrow programmed, but I removed this as we were pushed for space in the programme.

I have informed the Service Delivery Manager in Park Lane that South Hylton, Park Lane and Sunderland are all programmed and as such this is what the drivers should be showing... Bit pointless now when there is 30 mins left, but y'know...
(06 Sep 2015, 10:01 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Why have up to 909 when 900/901 are the only ones used on a regular basis and 902 is used once every year or two? Whoever does the destinations at Stagecoach must have too much time on their hands... Gateshead had a 902 to Heworth and Jarrow programmed, but I removed this as we were pushed for space in the programme.

I have informed the Service Delivery Manager in Park Lane that South Hylton, Park Lane and Sunderland are all programmed and as such this is what the drivers should be showing... Bit pointless now when there is 30 mins left, but y'know...

This is contractors though... anything could happen!

I'd bloody laugh if they had to extend the Metro replacement service because the electric decided that it didn't want to come back on...Tongue

Edit: What kind of work are they doing on the South Hylton - Sunderland stretch?
(06 Sep 2015, 9:57 am)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]I meant before this week as Stagecoach have 900-909.

The only MRP numbers that I'm aware of are 900, 901, X901 and 902. Even if the entire system was suspended the only numbers to be used are 900 Yellow/901 Green... 

Got zilch idea why SC have 900-909...
(06 Sep 2015, 10:05 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]This is contractors though... anything could happen!

I'd bloody laugh if they had to extend the Metro replacement service because the electric decided that it didn't want to come back on...

True!

All the posters at Park Lane suggest that the Metros are only off between Park Lane and South Hylton - wonder who made that balls up! Metros terminating at Sunderland and bus replacement going to Fawcett Street...
(06 Sep 2015, 10:05 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]This is contractors though... anything could happen!

I'd bloody laugh if they had to extend the Metro replacement service because the electric decided that it didn't want to come back on...Tongue

Edit: What kind of work are they doing on the South Hylton - Sunderland stretch?

Network Rail too, they'll discover that the track isn't fit for purpose and then they'll have to lift it all  Tongue

Kind of work? Very essential maintenance.  Wink
(06 Sep 2015, 10:08 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]True!

All the posters at Park Lane suggest that the Metros are only off between Park Lane and South Hylton - wonder who made that balls up! Metros terminating at Sunderland and bus replacement going to Fawcett Street...

Its hard to think... honestly who could of it being?  Angel

They need to work out a better system for metro replacement... i don't think the last minute communication of that GNE will run the 902 has went well...........
(06 Sep 2015, 10:08 am)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]The only MRP numbers that I'm aware of are 900, 901, X901 and 902. Even if the entire system was suspended the only numbers to be used are 900 Yellow/901 Green... 

Got zilch idea why SC have 900-909...

I don't even understand the need for a 902. In my opinion, all replacements on the yellow line should be numbered 900 and all replacements on the green line should be numbered 901.

X901 was obviously slightly different and I get the need for a separate destination for that.
(06 Sep 2015, 10:10 am)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Network Rail too, they'll discover that the track isn't fit for purpose and then they'll have to lift it all  Tongue

Kind of work? Very essential maintenance.  Wink

Pulling a nettle up from middle of the track Smile

Lets hope those pesky leaves don't cause trouble in the next few months, we should all hope the vegetation work between Haymarket - Regent Centre/Four Lane Ends is successful!  Angel Angel
(06 Sep 2015, 9:56 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Will this lead to a suggestion for E400MMCs for the X1?

No, just a general query as I was looking at what buses were doing the replacements.
(06 Sep 2015, 10:25 am)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]No, just a general query as I was looking at what buses were doing the replacements.

The answer is no - Red Arrows B9s are Red Arrows B9s to an operational depot. The ones on the Metro Replacement this morning would have been some of the first out of the depot this morning given that the X1s start pretty late on, so they would have been the first back into the depot last night.
(06 Sep 2015, 10:28 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]The answer is no - Red Arrows B9s are Red Arrows B9s to an operational depot. The ones on the Metro Replacement this morning would have been some of the first out of the depot this morning given that the X1s start pretty late on, so they would have been the first back into the depot last night.

The X1 timetable on a Sunday morning is rubbish...Example:

Easington Lane Clock -  7:22am, 8:22am then nothing till  9:17am, 9:47am although its still half hourly from the Galleries (the 9.22am Journey) 

From Newcastle - first one is 8:31am.... (7:52am from Galleries to Easington)

Would of though GNE would of had a couple more journeys from Newcastle on a Sunday morning, especially  towards the Galleries.
(06 Sep 2015, 10:35 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]The X1 timetable on a Sunday morning is rubbish...Example:

Easington Lane Clock -  7:22am, 8:22am then nothing till  9:17am, 9:47am although its still half hourly from the Galleries (the 9.22am Journey) 

From Newcastle - first one is 8:31am.... (7:52am from Galleries to Easington)

Would of though GNE would of had a couple more journeys from Newcastle on a Sunday morning, especially  towards the Galleries.

The first journey is at 0722, oh boo hoo!
(06 Sep 2015, 10:39 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]The first journey is at 0722, oh boo hoo!

I don't use the service to it doesn't bother me haha

My first bus is 6:45amish towards Sunderland City Centre =)
(06 Sep 2015, 10:50 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]I don't use the service to it doesn't bother me haha

My first bus is 6:45amish towards Sunderland City Centre =)
These are mine:

5A Bishop Auckland - 1012.
7 Durham - 0847 (was previously 0937!)
8 Darlington - 0926
21 Peterlee - 0851 (was previously 0951)
(06 Sep 2015, 10:53 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]These are mine:

5A Bishop Auckland - 1012.
7 Durham - 0847 (was previously 0937!)
8 Darlington - 0926
21 Peterlee - 0851 (was previously 0951)

Not bad really compared to some area's...

I remember when the 537 ran, on a Sunday, the first bus from the Grindon Mill in Sunderland was around 12:30pm.......... although other buses ran that way to, it was the only service to my nana's from my area at the time towards Castletown.... or we'd have to go to the town and get the 135/136 or the 163..... lol
Despite being in Tyne & Wear and being far from a rural Co Durham backwater - Sunday services are a pretty recent thing for the people of Fence...

Oh, I'd better not! Wink 

But aye, after the 2006 changes, the introduction of a 4 on a Sunday - was a blessed relief.
Anyone who is on a day out, needs to be on the last bus for 1730 (I think that's the time), or wait until the 239 starts later on in the night.
These are my bus times: 0816 (X22) and 0846 (X21). First arrives Newcastle 0916... Not great on a bank holiday if you work... There isn't a bus to Newbiggin until after 0700 every Mon-Sat morning from Ashington.

Count yourselfs lucky in T&W.