North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10 Sep 2015, 5:21 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I think it will be fully Omnidekkas once more come up from Brighton.

It could be fully Omnidekka operation now but 1 is used on the 15/15A and the other 2 are spare.
(10 Sep 2015, 5:21 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Me too.

Christ Michael that was rapid response to my post.
(10 Sep 2015, 5:22 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]It could be fully Omnidekka operation now but 1 is used on the 15/15A and the other 2 are spare.

True but are these not used for Scholars/Peak Time Interworkings.
(10 Sep 2015, 2:49 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I've been told that 5301 was also branded last night.

5299 & 5301 seen today branded See it Do it
(10 Sep 2015, 5:22 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Christ Michael that was rapid response to my post.

Some reason i got an notification through email that someone had posted in the thread.... any help in to why?
(10 Sep 2015, 5:26 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Some reason i got an notification through email that someone had posted in the thread.... any help in to why?

Only thing i can think of is that you have subscribed to the thread?
(10 Sep 2015, 5:26 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Some reason i got an notification through email that someone had posted in the thread.... any help in to why?

I get them every time someone quotes my posts.
(10 Sep 2015, 5:27 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Only thing i can think of is that you have subscribed to the thread?

lmao i did, oops, thanks =D
(10 Sep 2015, 5:24 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]True but are these not used for Scholars/Peak Time Interworkings.

They do end up being allocated to scholars although i don't think that any (apart from the one operating one of the 808 that interworks with the X70/X71) services are actually down to be allocated an omnidekka (includes Nexus contracts). I do think that one is allocated to the 794 though.
3864 and 3879 have been sold to Ensign today. They will be re deployed to Garnets for schools work.
(10 Sep 2015, 7:25 pm)Craig Smith wrote [ -> ]3864 and 3879 have been sold to Ensign today. They will be re deployed to Garnets for schools work.

Haven't seen 3879 since Tuesday morning since you mention it. Must have been withdrawn again.
(10 Sep 2015, 7:43 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Haven't seen 3879 since Tuesday morning since you mention it. Must have been withdrawn again.

It was allocated to Park View scholars this morning, but yes, Ensign are going to be buying the majority of the withdrawn vehicles.
(10 Sep 2015, 7:50 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It was allocated to Park View scholars this morning, but yes, Ensign are going to be buying the majority of the withdrawn vehicles.

Ah so its migrated back to CLS. When i managed to get a look inside on Monday, it looked really clean and well looked after.
(10 Sep 2015, 10:34 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Stanley-based OmniCity 5253 has arrived at Saltmeadows Rd for repaint - let's see which colour this one goes!

Gold Mercs 5298 and 5299 are due to receive See it Do it branding today for services 35/36.

Well - most of you got it... 5253 has been repainted black!

3963 is in the process of gaining an allover advertisement for Strongbow's apple-flavoured cider at Riverside at the moment.
(11 Sep 2015, 7:48 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]3963 is in the process of gaining an allover advertisement for Strongbow's apple-flavoured cider at Riverside at the moment.

Are we going to be getting all over advertisements for e-cigarettes next....?  Big Grin
(11 Sep 2015, 7:48 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Well - most of you got it... 5253 has been repainted black!

3963 is in the process of gaining an allover advertisement for Strongbow's apple-flavoured cider at Riverside at the moment.

I'll stick to ToonLink - like i said before i have a feeling the changes will be so they don't interwork anymore... hence the extra omni getting painted...
(11 Sep 2015, 7:56 am)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Are we going to be getting all over advertisements for e-cigarettes next....?  Big Grin

Seeing as I am on a roll (guessed black for the Omni), I reckon the next all over advert, will be for heroin and crack cocaine.
Just a guess like.
According to someone on Bazza's Facebook group the streetdeck is out today:

His post was:
It's on the road today, 1210 service 309 and 1432 310 from Haymarket

https://www.facebook.com/GNE.EnthusiastsNews?ref=ts&fref=ts
Go North East
8 mins ·
Service #56 is delayed towards Newcastle following an incident near Southwick.
4917 Broke down whilst operating service 57 this morning https://flic.kr/p/xxs1xR