North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(25 Sep 2015, 3:35 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I don't have a problem with the size. I just think the 'Training Vehicle' text could have been centered on the vinyl.

Might have looked better with L plates either side of the text, therefore not needing to 'fill' the screen as much?
Unless there's some regulation over where L-plates can be displayed?
(25 Sep 2015, 7:42 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Spot the mistake Tongue

No 36
(26 Sep 2015, 7:42 am)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]No 36

Well, it reads 36A in that section of the map rather than 36. A silly mistake, eh? Tongue
(26 Sep 2015, 7:43 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Well, it reads 36A in that section of the map rather than 36. A silly mistake, eh? Tongue

Bit weird that that's the only part to say 36A.
(26 Sep 2015, 5:17 am)Dan wrote [ -> ][Image: 21694619066_c9e216582f.jpg]Go North East: 6038 / V338LGC by Daniel Graham, on Flickr
I thought it might get painted like the eclipse you showed us
Huh

(26 Sep 2015, 7:43 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Well, it reads 36A in that section of the map rather than 36. A silly mistake, eh? Tongue

Is there a 36A?
(26 Sep 2015, 7:45 am)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]I thought it might get painted like the eclipse you showed us

Huh

Is there a 36A?

Its a Vinyl not paint on the Eclipse and the 36A was withdrawn a few years ago now.
(26 Sep 2015, 7:45 am)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]Is there a 36A?

No
(26 Sep 2015, 7:47 am)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Its a Vinyl not paint on the Eclipse and the 36A was withdrawn a few years ago now.

Thank you Smile
(26 Sep 2015, 7:49 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]No

Didn't think there was, don't do much in Sunderland so I might ask some daft questions, I know much more about Newcastle and Northumberland
(26 Sep 2015, 7:36 am)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Might have looked better with L plates either side of the text, therefore not needing to 'fill' the screen as much?
Unless there's some regulation over where L-plates can be displayed?

There was a 'fad' some time ago to plaster L-plates of various sizes over the front of the training vehicles, but it was pointed out that only the regulation-sized L plate is legal so that's how it is now.
Well, I grasped the nettle and took a ride on the AD122 today.

Just two hours from Hexham to Haltwhistle and return via Greenhead.

Smashing scenery - even on a dull day like today.

The plan was to use today as a reccie and do a proper photography trip tomorrow, but it isn't possible to do justice with a camera what the eye can see.

I sincerely hope that the AD122 will continue next year - there seemed to be so many (small numbers) of users who either relied on the service as well as several who were so thankful when they discovered that there WAS a bus and they didn't have to continue walking.

Some pax were 'walking the Wall' whilst others were wanting to return to their lodgings having walked further than they had intended, and one group with a 'wounded' member (Achilles tendon) that stood no chance of reaching their overnight stop.

It was well worth the trip just to chat with the walkers.

One couple had flown into Ncl this morning from the Netherlands and were just starting their planned Roman Wall holiday - they are now facing a week without the bus (apart from tomorrow).
Good luck to them!
(25 Sep 2015, 11:52 pm)Venturego wrote [ -> ]No !!  It's not  

Get real !  Really!!

p.s.
QCS can't come sooner!

I find this quite offensive. Go North East have chosen a very good photo to promote their service.

Your comments are very childish, I find it rather ironic you have before told people to 'grow up'.

Get yourself real and get your head out from up your arse.
(25 Sep 2015, 11:52 pm)Venturego wrote [ -> ]No !!  It's not  

Get real !  Really!!

p.s.
QCS can't come sooner!

Why do you want QCS?, no doubt you'll be one of the first to moan, if massive cuts etc happen....
(26 Sep 2015, 6:34 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]I find this quite offensive. Go North East have chosen a very good photo to promote their service.

Your comments are very childish, I find it rather ironic you have before told people to 'grow up'.

Get yourself real and get your head out from up your arse.

I was wondering about this chap. Such a terribly rude post, whether he personally likes the photo or not.

I'd love to know how he could have photographed it better.
Bee-in-bonnet? Smile
(26 Sep 2015, 8:43 pm)northern156 wrote [ -> ]Bee-in-bonnet? Smile

A nest of angry wasps, more like.
Also, it's not the first time he has had a go at a forum moderator:
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...p?tid=1557&pid=123622#pid123622
Ambulance attending to a passenger on 4992 (service 20) at Holmeside.
(27 Sep 2015, 12:28 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Ambulance attending to a passenger on 4992 (service 20) at Holmeside.

Hopefully the passenger is alright.
Will 557/561 be repainted in to "Go North East" once they are debranded?, as the AD122 finshes today.