North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
(08 Sep 2016, 1:40 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]After all the Solo talk yesterday, there's been four interesting arrivals at Saltmeadows this afternoon...

Thames Travel 701, 702, 703 and 704 are all sitting in the yard.

https://flic.kr/p/L4u8s2

I will have to try and identify which ones I have been on.
They were nowt flash.
(08 Sep 2016, 3:42 pm)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]Stanley have one and a couple over at hexham. I'd say 4 at stanley and hexham and then there's the riverside and deptford ones. I don't believe there's enough other buses to cover for them all so I don't believe it's for this, although I could be wrong.

It will be part of the scheme to replace the MPDs. I would assume that these 4 Solos are part of the 15 that busmanT confirmed would be in the fleet by the end of January 2017 here, taking the number of MPDs down from 24 to just 9.
(08 Sep 2016, 3:48 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]It will be part of the scheme to replace the MPDs. I would assume that these 4 Solos are part of the 15 that busmanT confirmed would be in the fleet by the end of January 2017 here, taking the number of MPDs down from 24 to just 9.
Yep, I phrased my message badly.
Is there something wrong at dipton? An x70 came medomsley way to Consett.
(07 Sep 2016, 7:44 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]I once had a miserable Chester-Le-Street b*astard tell me in that a CAT ( Pop card day ticket ) Printed on a metro ticket is not accepted, Reason? Because " Because its a Metro ticket "
He also mentioned that if he seen me again he wouldn't let me board  Rolleyes
Certainly puffing loves puffing fag smoke at peoples faces too when your stood right infront of him.

Ive had pleasant journeys with GCT drivers tbh, Only seems to be one certain driver that gets the bad headlines by the look of things.

At least you didn't have this driver; "bliddy pop card?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4spM0XPZZ4
Had a ride on 682 and 688 today from Galleries to Concord and back, not a bad ride and seats are quite comfy as well. Hadn't been on the 82 before so didn't realise it went the long way round to Concord but at least had a decent ride around to see what they are like. NSA's weren't working on either though, all was coming up was messages about wifi.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk
(08 Sep 2016, 4:41 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [ -> ]Had a ride on 682 and 688 today from Galleries to Concord and back, not a bad ride and seats are quite comfy as well. Hadn't been on the 82 before so didn't realise it went the long way round to Concord but at least had a decent ride around to see what they are like. NSA's weren't working on either though, all was coming up was messages about wifi.

Dan confirmed in the final paragraph of this post that the Solos would be launched without the NSAs.
(08 Sep 2016, 4:41 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [ -> ]Had a ride on 682 and 688 today from Galleries to Concord and back, not a bad ride and seats are quite comfy as well. Hadn't been on the 82 before so didn't realise it went the long way round to Concord but at least had a decent ride around to see what they are like. NSA's weren't working on either though, all was coming up was messages about wifi.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk
Yeah, whenever I get a streetlite on the stanley express' or 6, it just says "Welcome aboard service . Free wifi is avaliable, just search for 'Go North East' on your device.' Always wondered why it shows the incomplete message at the start rather than not showing at all or with a number.
(08 Sep 2016, 4:15 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]At least you didn't have this driver; "bliddy pop card?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4spM0XPZZ4

Can remember seeing this for the first time years ago. Got a video copy somewhere what my dad got given whilst driving for the PTE. He did contine at GNE until 2009.
No idea if it has been mentioned, but 6054 (NK62 EKD) is the latest B9 to be repainted/rebranded for the Red Arrows.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nebp2/2954...otostream/
Some photos taken around Washington and Birtley of the new Solos in service, plus 5324 on the 50.

682 is seen on Blackfell Way, Birtley
[attachment=8140]

683 is seen passing Oxclose Road in Biddick.
[attachment=8138]

684 is seen in Birtley
[attachment=8139]

685 is seen departing Concord Bus Station
[attachment=8134]

686 is seen near Washington Depot after the lunchtime downpour
[attachment=8133]

687 is seen waiting time at Concord Bus Station
[attachment=8135]

5324 is seen departing Concord Bus Station on the 50 to South Shields
[attachment=8137]

I also managed to get a photo of 688 in service, but was taken at the time the light was rather poor.
(07 Sep 2016, 6:17 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Talking of Facebook was just looking through GNEs facebook page and the customer service is shocking. Some posts ignored I've seen and this reply made me laugh!

''Hi - I am sorry you feel this way, I actually was on this bus as I get on the stop after this and it was right on time, this service is one of the most punctual services we run as I get this daily for work.'' Surely this isn't a reply you would expect from them?

It's my bee in a bonnet. It's an embarrassment that page. I think they forget we pay a lot of money for their service and get shrugged shoulders, nonchalant attitude and an attitude problem in general. They got really good a few months back but it's been an absolute shocker of late.

Arguing with customers. Most decent organisations would fire you on the spot
(08 Sep 2016, 9:18 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]No idea if it has been mentioned, but 6054 (NK62 EKD) is the latest B9 to be repainted/rebranded for the Red Arrows.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nebp2/2954...otostream/

The repaint was noted. It was re-branded two days ago, prior to being released back to Washington.

http://northeastbuses.co.uk/NEB/news/?id=2137
(08 Sep 2016, 10:09 pm)GMitchelhill wrote [ -> ]Some photos taken around Washington and Birtley of the new Solos in service, plus 5324 on the 50.

682 is seen on Blackfell Way, Birtley

683 is seen passing Oxclose Road in Biddick.

684 is seen in Birtley

685 is seen departing Concord Bus Station

686 is seen near Washington Depot after the lunchtime downpour

687 is seen waiting time at Concord Bus Station

5324 is seen departing Concord Bus Station on the 50 to South Shields

I also managed to get a photo of 688 in service, but was taken at the time the light was rather poor.

Nice pictures Gary =)
(08 Sep 2016, 8:30 am)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote [ -> ]What mpds have left deptford as of the 3 new arrivals

559 and 560 to Riverside, which will allow 547 and 554 to be withdrawn.
(08 Sep 2016, 10:13 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]It's my bee in a bonnet. It's an embarrassment that page. I think they forget we pay a lot of money for their service and get shrugged shoulders, nonchalant attitude and an attitude problem in general. They got really good a few months back but it's been an absolute shocker of late.

I have had many a bad experience with their Customer Service team - not on fb, but on Twitter and over the phone.
It did get to the point, where I stopped bothering with them, but gave it another go after encouragement on the forum. The response from them was embarrassing. Cringeworthy in fact.

Now, I often look on the fb page when travelling, just to break the boredom of a trip.
(09 Sep 2016, 5:29 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]559 and 560 to Riverside, which will allow 547 and 554 to be withdrawn.

Will another one go or is that 562 which seems to be a float vehicle
(08 Sep 2016, 10:13 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]It's my bee in a bonnet. It's an embarrassment that page. I think they forget we pay a lot of money for their service and get shrugged shoulders, nonchalant attitude and an attitude problem in general. They got really good a few months back but it's been an absolute shocker of late.

In the example given, the service had ran on time. Customer service staff are there to investigate and report, not blindly apologise for everything. If the customer had got it wrong, they should be told so.
(09 Sep 2016, 7:50 am)James101 wrote [ -> ]In the example given, the service had ran on time. Customer service staff are there to investigate and report, not blindly apologise for everything. If the customer had got it wrong, they should be told so.
It wasn't the best example or poor customer service given, but even in the live chat I've had my own set of poor experiences.
The MPDs have seen stalwart service (at least those out of Hexham) despite being long in the tooth and will be missed (despite the newer Solos).

What is happening to the withdrawn MPDs?
Will they find new owners or are they destined for scrap?
Why has 3858 been marked as withdrawn for so long..? Surely they could have sold it for scrap by now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32