North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
I will have to try the Angel out this week to see the slides, but I do find Emma's voice to be a good move. I was originally all for regional accents, but I think having the one voice fleet wide is perhaps easier for everyone to understand? Especially visually impaired customers.

I quite like the new bigger versions of the advert slides. Just a suggestion, but is there perhaps room for a generic one, for times when the bus is on a non-NSA route? So instead of just showing the red GNE screen, it will show that and scroll through ads like 'Free WiFi', 'Social Media' and anything else?
(19 Sep 2016, 5:12 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]I will have to try the Angel out this week to see the slides, but I do find Emma's voice to be a good move. I was originally all for regional accents, but I think having the one voice fleet wide is perhaps easier for everyone to understand? Especially visually impaired customers.

I quite like the new bigger versions of the advert slides. Just a suggestion, but is there perhaps room for a generic one, for times when the bus is on a non-NSA route? So instead of just showing the red GNE screen, it will show that and scroll through ads like 'Free WiFi', 'Social Media' and anything else?

I've tried that one already, and unfortunately it's not possible! You're only allowed to have one slide in the 'unrecognised journey' slideshow.  Undecided

Given how frequently 6084 is allocated to the Tyne Tees Xpress, I wanted to try something out on there to utilise the TFT monitors to the best of our ability, but you'd have to create a dummy programme for each Tyne Tees Xpress journey to achieve this.
I've been on the 21, on it right now even. I haven't even noticed the new wifi slides etc, whereas I did on the X1. Might be being a bit cynical, but as a passive semi-often user - I've not really noticed much change except the accent on the voice over.
(19 Sep 2016, 7:36 pm)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]I've been on the 21, on it right now even. I haven't even noticed the new wifi slides etc, whereas I did on the X1. Might be being a bit cynical, but as a passive semi-often user - I've not really noticed much change except the accent on the voice over.

Dan said earlier that there are not many stops on the 21 that have a bit of a distance apart for them to insert the advertisement slides whereas this is possible more frequently on the routes such as the X1.
(19 Sep 2016, 4:40 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote [ -> ]They'd have I've heared them on the 45 5411

Whoosh and straight over the top of the head.
(19 Sep 2016, 7:36 pm)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]I've been on the 21, on it right now even. I haven't even noticed the new wifi slides etc, whereas I did on the X1. Might be being a bit cynical, but as a passive semi-often user - I've not really noticed much change except the accent on the voice over.

The announcements are much more subtle (though removing the Press bell and remain seated lines from Steve and Karen laid the ground for that)

Some stops have been changed. Newcastle Bank is now Coach and Horses and the old Coach and Horses is corrected to Windsor Rd. Weirdly the GNE app still shows the 21 as stopping at Gateshead College (redesignated as Saltwell Park now)

Does anyone remember when the 21 used to play actual ads? Think it was pre-Angel, probably the 21/24hour brand
(19 Sep 2016, 7:43 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Dan said earlier that there are not many stops on the 21 that have a bit of a distance apart for them to insert the advertisement slides whereas this is possible more frequently on the routes such as the X1.
I read that, and appreciate that but just putting it how I see it.
(19 Sep 2016, 8:14 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]The announcements are much more subtle (though removing the Press bell and remain seated lines from Steve and Karen laid the ground for that)

Some stops have been changed. Newcastle Bank is now Coach and Horses and the old Coach and Horses is corrected to Windsor Rd. Weirdly the GNE app still shows the 21 as stopping at Gateshead College (redesignated as Saltwell Park now)

Does anyone remember when the 21 used to play actual ads? Think it was pre-Angel, probably the 21/24hour brand

I remember - Was it not the Omnicities haha? They used to on the 1.
(19 Sep 2016, 8:26 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]I remember - Was it not the Omnicities haha? They used to on the 1.

I'm sure the Tridents had them,possibly even in the 723/724 days
Just noticed 6013 no longer has the LED rear lighting, now has normal plaxton lights.
A TTX with X9 on the back has just came from the newcastle direction at Testo's roundabout then went back that way before turning off onto the A194 sliproad. Any ideas what was going on there. The bus was also passengerless.
(20 Sep 2016, 4:09 pm)Brian13 wrote [ -> ]A TTX with X9 on the back has just came from the newcastle direction at Testo's roundabout then went back that way before turning off onto the A194 sliproad. Any ideas what was going on there. The bus was also passengerless.

Journeys to Middlesbrough are currently being diverted via the A690, Houghton and Easington due to an accident on the A19.
Currently sitting on 3965.

State of it internally (especially the seats) I'm worried I might catch something!
(20 Sep 2016, 5:11 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Currently sitting on 3965.

State of it internally (especially the seats) I'm worried I might catch something!

At least it has all it's branding again......
(20 Sep 2016, 5:16 pm)Y935 ERG wrote [ -> ]At least it has all it's branding again......

No NSA (actually miss them Dan) and it sounds like a tank, rattling like one too
(20 Sep 2016, 5:34 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]No NSA (actually miss them Dan) and it sounds like a tank, rattling like one too

I had the misfortune of being in the vicinity of Stanley depot recently as the Solo's came in for the night. 
The word rattly doesn't do it justice.
Nice to see GNE caring about Nexus services tonight no show was the 1743 90 from TVTE had to wait til 1811 for the more reliable JH one although I got caught in traffic at Dunston. Would've been quicker to go to Gateshead on a 93 and get a 49 to Swalwell
(20 Sep 2016, 9:08 pm)Brian13 wrote [ -> ]Nice to see GNE caring about Nexus services tonight no show was the 1743 90 from TVTE had to wait til 1811 for the more reliable JH one although I got caught in traffic at Dunston. Would've been quicker to go to Gateshead on a 93 and get a 49 to Swalwell

Have you reported it to the operator?

(20 Sep 2016, 7:53 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]I had the misfortune of being in the vicinity of Stanley depot recently as the Solo's came in for the night. 
The word rattly doesn't do it justice.

Really? I find the Solo SRs to be solid buses.
(20 Sep 2016, 9:16 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Have you reported it to the operator 

Couldn't as didn't have credit to ring GNE as I have a contract ohone and it's an 0845 number. Plus it was after 6 by the time I caught the Jim Hughes run. Did say something to Nexus when I rang at 5 to 6
(20 Sep 2016, 9:16 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Really? I find the Solo SRs to be solid buses.

Yup.
Haven't been on one of the Stanley ones since February, so don't know how well they're lasting. However the noise the two I witnessed made, as they turned off Chester Road and in to the depot grounds, was interesting and certainly noticeable.
Obviously it was the external noise I heard.
Appreciate the access roads to the back of the depot may be far from ideal, but they were very rattly nonetheless.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32