North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
(09 Sep 2016, 10:07 pm)busmanT wrote [ -> ]There won't be an indiGo Sunderland brand, although it might be extended in Washington in due course.

It will be of no suprise to me if the 85 / 86 falls under the Indigo banner in the future.
Having been out this morning up to Barley Mow Estate for a few Indigo Photos, I now realise how poor of a service they have compared to other local areas.

Will be heading back out for 682/686 & 688 after I have watched the Manchester Derby.
(09 Sep 2016, 9:28 pm)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]Aye, I was on one of Hexham's newins on the 74 which I believe are same spec with seatbelts. They aren't out special like, but certainly a good upgrade from older vehicles.
same specification as indiGo but different seat manufacturer due to the seatbelts.

(09 Sep 2016, 9:28 pm)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]Aye, I was on one of Hexham's newins on the 74 which I believe are same spec with seatbelts. They aren't out special like, but certainly a good upgrade from older vehicles.
same specification as indiGo but different seat manufacturer due to the seatbelts.
Think 3889 has had it's handbrake door thing removed or by some means disabled. Saw it fly into stanley bus station with doors open. Saw it close/open doors whilst moving also without any handbrake movement.
Anyone know the running board for 686 & 688 at Concord and the Galleries etc, as I have missed both several times today.
Are the R1 and x27 accepting pop cards tomorrow?
I'm really starting to think the joke about 6014 being fixed with sticky tape is true.. it's not a healthy one like.
(10 Sep 2016, 11:31 am)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Having been out this morning up to Barley Mow Estate for a few Indigo Photos, I now realise how poor of a service they have compared to other local areas.

Will be heading back out for 682/686 & 688 after I have watched the Manchester Derby.

Poor how? It's a medium size housing estate with high car ownership. What are you comparing to.

There's plenty of options, the 21, X22,X12 and X25 are very short walks away.

If there was more demand, they'd run it
(09 Sep 2016, 9:18 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Had some rides on the 82/82A on the new IndiGo Solo SR's this afternoon, overhead a fair amount of positive reactions about the new buses from the passengers on-board during these journeys and I have to say I think they are pretty smart as well (let's avoid the whole debate on the branding), they are certainly a step up from the previous stock used on the services of which I was given a small taster of the old order as we got swapped off 688 and transfered onto MPD 606 at Washington depot on the 82A and it just looked so dark and tatty inside in comparison with the Solo SR's.

Was on 682 on Thursday coming back from Concord and a couple of pensioners got on at the Galleries near InShops, one said to the other "these are new these buses" and the other one said "I don't like them". Can't please everyone then.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
(10 Sep 2016, 7:22 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [ -> ]Was on 682 on Thursday coming back from Concord and a couple of pensioners got on at the Galleries near InShops, one said to the other "these are new these buses" and the other one said "I don't like them". Can't please everyone then.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
And no doubt they were travelling free! Maybe the fare paying passengers will be more appreciative1
(10 Sep 2016, 7:19 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Poor how? It's a medium size housing estate with high car ownership. What are you comparing to.

There's plenty of options, the 21, X22,X12 and X25 are very short walks away.

If there was more demand, they'd run it

I would say it would've been a 10 Minute to catch the 21 at it's nearest stop, and 5 Minutes for the X25, all well and good if I am travelling towards Durham or Newcastle as there is a bus every few minutes, but I didn't like the fact that I had to wait 30 Minutes for the 82 to go to Birtley and back from Barley Mow Estate, when in reality if the routing around Birtley wasn't so stupid it could do it in half the time and improve reliability.
(10 Sep 2016, 7:41 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I would say it would've been a 10 Minute to catch the 21 at it's nearest stop, and 5 Minutes for the X25, all well and good if I am travelling towards Durham or Newcastle as there is a bus every few minutes, but I didn't like the fact that I had to wait 30 Minutes for the 82 to go to Birtley and back from Barley Mow Estate, when in reality if the routing around Birtley wasn't so stupid it could do it in half the time and improve reliability.

Try living where I live....we only have a service every 30 mins to Blyth and Newcastle and every 30 to Whitley Bay or Cramlington. and both go hourly on a night.
(10 Sep 2016, 9:14 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Try living where I live....we only have a service every 30 mins to Blyth and Newcastle and every 30 to Whitley Bay or Cramlington. and both go hourly on a night.
Where I live I have many choices in reach. 97/a, X30/1, X70/1, V7/8 and 6. Daytime it's great but sunday and evenings it quickly becomes a pain with just the 97/6 on the latter running half hourly each with a 50 min trip Newcastle to home.
Go North East

Bus diversions for GNR have started earlier than advertised due to roads closed before the agreed times. Please check website for details.
(08 Sep 2016, 1:40 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]After all the Solo talk yesterday, there's been four interesting arrivals at Saltmeadows this afternoon...

Thames Travel 701, 702, 703 and 704 are all sitting in the yard.

https://flic.kr/p/L4u8s2

Anyone know what they're like inside, like the condition etc?
(11 Sep 2016, 9:00 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Anyone know what they're like inside, like the condition etc?

If they're anything like ANE 08/58 reg solos then probably dull and depressing
Baggage bus 3977 orange already down
(11 Sep 2016, 10:33 am)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]Baggage bus 3977 orange already down

6099 at the rescue
I noticed 5332 parked on one of the eastbound slip roads of the A167(M) as I was starting the GNR. It appeared to be out of service and couldn't have been going anywhere in a hurry as the central motorway was closed for the run.
(11 Sep 2016, 5:05 pm)Simmy wrote [ -> ]I noticed 5332 parked on one of the eastbound slip roads of the A167(M) as I was starting the GNR. It appeared to be out of service and couldn't have been going anywhere in a hurry as the central motorway was closed for the run.

Think that was the one that followed the last runners, picking up the ones that could not complete the full run.  There is always one every year.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32