North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Have to say that short wheelbase ex-Saltwell Park streetlite in corp livery looks extremely smart. Without any advertisements on, it was absolutely gleaming the other night under the city's white LED streetlights passing along Market St. With the Theatre Royal behind it it would have made for a stunning pic if I'd been quick enough.
I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the short wheelbase streetlites get repainted.
(12 Jan 2020, 6:12 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [ -> ]Been confirmed on MG’s Twitter new buses that E400’s are on order with a projected delivery of April/May

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
In terms of the extra 2x on top of the X1 PVR (13), will 1x be used to make up for the PVR increase on the X30? What I mean by is something like the following:

Washington
- 13x new E400MMC
- 1x new E400MMC (spare)
- 1x ex demo E400MMC (spare either 6336/37)

Hownsgill
- 3x E400MMC (6338-40)
- 1x new E400MMC 
- 1x ex demo E400MMC (spare either 6336/37)
I'm assuming the interworking at hownsgill will change to make sure all the correct buses interwork (unless that's why they are all Green)

Noticed the X30 stops at Stanley despite going on to Consett?
(12 Jan 2020, 9:01 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]The X1 isn't fast imo.
In fact, it's considerably slower and stops at many more stops than its X5 incarnation did.
If the wind is blowing in the right direction, it's no quicker than taking the 26/27 then 4 between Newcastle and the Galleries.
Can 680 Bellingham journeys use Double Decker vehicles?
(12 Jan 2020, 9:49 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]If the wind is blowing in the right direction, it's no quicker than taking the 26/27 then 4 between Newcastle and the Galleries.

Yup. 
Think I've mentioned doing the Metro and 4, to connect with the last X1 at the Galleries. Done that a few times over the years. 

Mind, it wouldnt have been any of use last night. According to GNE twitter feed, they cancelled the last through X1 with 10mins to go last night.
There was one 30mins later, but that was of no use to anyone needing to get beyond the Galleries.

https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/1...35365?s=19
(12 Jan 2020, 10:15 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Yup. 
Think I've mentioned doing the Metro and 4, to connect with the last X1 at the Galleries. Done that a few times over the years. 

Mind, it wouldnt have been any of use last night. According to GNE twitter feed, they cancelled the last through X1 with 10mins to go last night.
There was one 30mins later, but that was of no use to anyone needing to get beyond the Galleries.

https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/1...35365?s=19

Bus operators should be held to the same standards as train operators. If they cancel a service they should provide compensation!
Forgive me but whats smart wimg mirrors?

Also i think that map looks silly with no link between Sunderland and Newcastle!
(12 Jan 2020, 10:24 pm)idiot wrote [ -> ]Forgive me but whats smart wimg mirrors?

Also i think that map looks silly with no link between Sunderland and Newcastle!

The wing mirrors are replaced by cameras and LCD screens
Wow i need to see these!
(12 Jan 2020, 10:28 pm)idiot wrote [ -> ]Wow i need to see these!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU9vXw2b5g0
For me, the main selling point of the smart mirrors is not being knocked out by the wing mirrors as the bus is pulling up to the stop!
(12 Jan 2020, 10:24 pm)idiot wrote [ -> ]Forgive me but whats smart wimg mirrors?

They'd have to steal the X24 of Stagecoach to put that one in.
(12 Jan 2020, 10:22 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Bus operators should be held to the same standards as train operators. If they cancel a service they should provide compensation!

Something needs to done to compensate those who ended up forking out or stranded miles from home. 

Having used that particular board, I know the types of folks who get it, either from Newcastle or boarding elsewhere en-route.
Dread to think how some of the older folks coming out of Newbottle Club got home - particularly with it being the middle of January and it not being particularly pleasant weather. Certainly can't see many of them having a spare few quid or a debit/credit card handy to pay for a taxi.
They'll have budgeted their drink/bingo money and planned to use their bus pass to get back home.
Wonder if they have twitter or the GNE app on their phones to check the status of the bus? Somehow doubt it...
(12 Jan 2020, 1:54 pm)Tyne_Traveller wrote [ -> ]It's not common, but there has been occasions where a Double-Decker has gone all the way to Bellingham.
'Tyne Valley' ran a couple of Leyland PD2's on Bellingham for a while in the late '60's
Interesting comment from Dan on twitter, by end of the year, all services that travel to Newcastle will be Euro 6. Apart from new buses, that's still a hell of a lot of exhaust mods to be done...

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
A decker could go all the way to Bellingham using the normal route. It would not be able to travel via Redesmouth though due to the low railway bridge.

Charles
(12 Jan 2020, 10:14 pm)S830OFT wrote [ -> ]Can 680 Bellingham journeys use Double Decker vehicles?
From what I've seen when there is a double decker on the Tynedale Links, it is usually on the 688.
I expect they'll probably use Double Decker vehicles, seeing as the first 680 journey runs onto the X84/X85...
6334 tracking as out on Bus Times on X9/X10 - was the 0600 X10 to Middlesbrough from Newcastle.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28