North East Buses

Full Version: Fleet Refurbishment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
(04 Oct 2020, 10:00 am)6049 wrote [ -> ]The B9s don't have any charging points, but they do have WiFi and NSAs. The Mercs still look in better shape internally but the were refurbed within the last 2-3 years wheres apart from maybe the odd retrim of the seats, the B9s are the same as when they arrived from Wrights for the X1.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

(04 Oct 2020, 12:51 pm)Ds1197 wrote [ -> ]I think the adding of USB charging points can be done locally and when things quite down

Do I spy USB charging on the rear of the seats...

https://flic.kr/p/2jRoPyT
(10 Oct 2020, 6:35 am)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]Do I spy USB charging on the rear of the seats...

You do, its clearly visible on the upper deck, will the others eventually follow suit
The following is an excerpt from the photo on Flickr:

"Returned to Go North East following repaint & re-trim plus USB installation at Blackburn Bus & Coach World"
(10 Oct 2020, 6:35 am)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]Do I spy USB charging on the rear of the seats...

Looks like they had the advertisement frames removed as well....perhaps learning from the mistakes they made with the Cobalts
(10 Oct 2020, 10:10 am)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Looks like they had the advertisement frames removed as well....perhaps learning from the mistakes they made with the Cobalts

What mistake was that?
(10 Oct 2020, 12:43 pm)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]What mistake was that?
The tiny cobalt & coast name that can barely be seen and the advertisement boards covering half the bus....it just looks unfinished and a bit slap dash.
(10 Oct 2020, 12:51 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]The tiny cobalt & coast name that can barely be seen and the advertisement boards covering half the bus....it just looks unfinished and a bit slap dash.

It would have been more noticeable if they’d put the route name under the lower saloon windows, (I think there’s still room for it despite the route info), and that would allow for adverts frames to remain. 
Fair enough having no adverts on Xlines, but I think they should have them on all other deckers & corp single deckers. Any extra revenue is surely welcomed.
(10 Oct 2020, 3:13 pm)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]It would have been more noticeable if they’d put the route name under the lower saloon windows, (I think there’s still room for it despite the route info), and that would allow for adverts frames to remain. 
Fair enough having no adverts on Xlines, but I think they should have them on all other deckers & corp single deckers. Any extra revenue is surely welcomed.
The first one did originally have it under the windows which was much better...however they decided to huge go north east lettering with the now defunct strap line. Even still, imo you still need some graphic to make it stand out. Even if the Spanish city skyline was applied instead of those horrible plug socket advertisements.

IMO all branded services shouldn't have advertisement boards, however I get that it will generate more revenue
Not sure if its been mentioned but 6001 is back from refurb
(17 Oct 2020, 11:22 am)Ds1197 wrote [ -> ]Not sure if its been mentioned but 6001 is back from refurb

[Image: f50bbef3152ea4cfa51b6842792dd7bf.jpg]
[Image: b6a4a9eea782204d85d45cd372eaaf05.jpg]
Returned to service on Wednesday, they have done a good job on the seats, I thought they were quite comfortable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(17 Oct 2020, 8:21 pm)Xlines 6335 wrote [ -> ][Image: f50bbef3152ea4cfa51b6842792dd7bf.jpg]
Returned to service on Wednesday, they have done a good job on the seats, I thought they were quite comfortable

#floorgate

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
(17 Oct 2020, 8:21 pm)Xlines 6335 wrote [ -> ][Image: f50bbef3152ea4cfa51b6842792dd7bf.jpg]

That first photo has a cracking sleepy commuter. Get it entered in the sleepy commuter thread
I'm not trying to be funny but that isn't a refurbishment it's just the seats redone in something that contrasts with everything else. Looks terrible imo. Suppose it's another interior design to add to the other 10 or so GNE have.
(17 Oct 2020, 9:00 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]I'm not trying to be funny but that isn't a refurbishment it's just the seats redone in something that contrasts with everything else. Looks terrible imo. Suppose it's another interior design to add to the other 10 or so GNE have.

Totally agree! It looks horrendous.
It honestly looked better before they reupholstered the seats.
All it's done is make the flaking paintwork, rust and worn out floors stand out even more
(17 Oct 2020, 9:00 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]I'm not trying to be funny but that isn't a refurbishment it's just the seats redone in something that contrasts with everything else. Looks terrible imo. Suppose it's another interior design to add to the other 10 or so GNE have.
They also added USB ports

Oh god, it's like facebook all over again.
It’s a capacity upgrade which is a positive if not a bit of a token gesture.

I guess GNE don’t see much point investing heavily In the Crusader, I’d assume it’s not hugely profitable (especially once Metro gets new stock in 3 years which will draw traffic away).
(17 Oct 2020, 9:09 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Totally agree! It looks horrendous.
It honestly looked better before they reupholstered the seats.
All it's done is make the flaking paintwork, rust and worn out floors stand out even more

Yeah agreed (for once). It's just the little things that stand out to me, not painting the blue under the seats which is rusty, not painting the grab rails etc. Definitely a downgrade from the Mercedes imo.

(17 Oct 2020, 9:35 pm)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]Oh god, it's like facebook all over again.

I don't use Facebook for this so guessing similar comments on there.

(17 Oct 2020, 10:23 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]It’s a capacity upgrade which is a positive if not a bit of a token gesture.

I guess GNE don’t see much point investing heavily In the Crusader, I’d assume it’s not hugely profitable (especially once Metro gets new stock in 3 years which will draw traffic away).

Is it a capacity upgrade though? It used to be every 10 minutes in 2018 but now it's every 15 minutes. I can't imagine there being too much of a difference between 6x Citaros vs 4x B9TL's. Dangerous move that imo, surely the opposite approach would be wiser get the impression around that the bus is the better option to travel and try and give a Metro vs Bus decision for people. If the Metro becomes more reliable, it's more frequent and has new trains on vs battered buses and less frequent it's not a hard decision. That not hugely profitable bus route will very quickly become unprofitable.
(17 Oct 2020, 10:42 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Yeah agreed (for once). It's just the little things that stand out to me, not painting the blue under the seats which is rusty, not painting the grab rails etc. Definitely a downgrade from the Mercedes imo.

It's the first thing that stood out to me, before I even looked at the seats. Even if it is an improvement over the Citaros, which comfort wise the V3 seats definitely will be, I think most people will think it's a downgrade. 

Not only are you no longer travelling in a Mercedes, but you're going from a newly refurbished bus with stylish wood effect flooring, leather seats and 'mood lighting' to having a manky old bus with tarted up seats and USB ports.
(17 Oct 2020, 10:54 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]It's the first thing that stood out to me, before I even looked at the seats. Even if it is an improvement over the Citaros, which comfort wise the V3 seats definitely will be, I think most people will think it's a downgrade. 

Not only are you no longer travelling in a Mercedes, but you're going from a newly refurbished bus with stylish wood effect flooring, leather seats and 'mood lighting' to having a manky old bus with tarted up seats and USB ports.

I’d tend to agree but with low tier routes it’s always going to be the case sadly. 

The fine folk of South Tyneside will just have to ride the 9 or look forward to Metro replacements for a bit of class haha
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14