North East Buses

Full Version: Fleet Refurbishment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Looks like Volvo B9's are now allocated to the 93/94 - last few days its had them allocated, according to bustimes.org.

6151, 6155, 6157-6160 are allocated today
(31 Oct 2020, 11:47 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Looks like Volvo B9's are now allocated to the 93/94 - last few days its had them allocated, according to bustimes.org.

6151, 6155, 6157-6160 are allocated today
Probably to displace versas onto the Q3 during refurb
Am I correct in thinking as the now-Crusader B9s only got a light refurb they didn’t get an updated destination panel controller, so their destination doesn’t change from Newcastle to Market Street after a certain point?
(31 Oct 2020, 8:15 pm)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]Am I correct in thinking as the now-Crusader B9s only got a light refurb they didn’t get an updated destination panel controller, so their destination doesn’t change from Newcastle to Market Street after a certain point?

Yeah probably a lot do with on going pandemic and I give them this you actually get USB charging at every and they many meant to match merc spec which they do
(22 Oct 2020, 12:38 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Gateshead is a town not a city. I'd imagine they are just referring to Newcastle when they say city.
Strictly, unless things have changed, Gateshead is a metropolitan Borough, not a town.
(31 Oct 2020, 8:15 pm)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]Am I correct in thinking as the now-Crusader B9s only got a light refurb they didn’t get an updated destination panel controller, so their destination doesn’t change from Newcastle to Market Street after a certain point?

I'm not sure if the NSAs have been updated to the new system, like on the 56s, if they have the auto-changing should work.
(31 Oct 2020, 8:38 pm)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]I'm not sure if the NSAs have been updated to the new system, like on the 56s, if they have the auto-changing should work.

Every bus in the fleet has the new Next Stop Announcement system now, so where automatic changing of the displays is programmed, it should work, no matter which bus it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(31 Oct 2020, 9:17 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Every bus in the fleet has the new Next Stop Announcement system now, so where automatic changing of the displays is programmed, it should work, no matter which bus it is.

Does the destination announcement upon door closure eg “This is the Angel 21 service to Newcastle” change too now, or just the external destination screens?
(31 Oct 2020, 9:17 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Every bus in the fleet has the new Next Stop Announcement system now, so where automatic changing of the displays is programmed, it should work, no matter which bus it is.

Saw an X10 the other day showing Dalton Park as its next stop. It was approaching Testos on a northbound service at the time. 
A glitch in the system or was the system not installed?
(31 Oct 2020, 10:42 pm)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]Does the destination announcement upon door closure eg “This is the Angel 21 service to Newcastle” change too now, or just the external destination screens?

No. I’ve explained previously that this isn’t really possible (not easily anyway!)

(31 Oct 2020, 11:46 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Saw an X10 the other day showing Dalton Park as its next stop. It was approaching Testos on a northbound service at the time. 
A glitch in the system or was the system not installed?

The coaches don't have the system installed, relies on the driver to remember to change it, which is harder to remember than you'd think.
(01 Nov 2020, 10:39 am)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]The coaches don't have the system installed, relies on the driver to remember to change it, which is harder to remember than you'd think.

An age old problem. I remember it being an issue way back when roller blinds were in play. Even more so when there were services interworking.
294 to Easington Lane anyone? It was on its way back from Harraton at the time, so must have been displaying the wrong blind for quite a while! Certainly longer than that X10 did.
(01 Nov 2020, 12:21 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]An age old problem. I remember it being an issue way back when roller blinds were in play. Even more so when there were services interworking.
294 to Easington Lane anyone? It was on its way back from Harraton at the time, so must have been displaying the wrong blind for quite a while! Certainly longer than that X10 did.

I've done it myself more than I'd like to admit, the NSAs normally end up coming to my rescue by announcing that the bus was still on it's way to it's previous destination, only for me to look up and realise I haven't changed it.
Saw this on twitter today. Have to say looks very smart. Seems like the style of livery is going to be similar to the Yutongs...[Image: 79dbfd49feb4aeb74e08062c4f904037.jpg]

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
(01 Nov 2020, 3:26 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Saw this on twitter today. Have to say looks very smart. Seems like the style of livery is going to be similar to the Yutongs...[Image: 79dbfd49feb4aeb74e08062c4f904037.jpg]

Thought the idea was for branded routes to have a modified corporate livery, they seem to be going back to their old ways! Tongue
(01 Nov 2020, 3:29 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Thought the idea was for branded routes to have a modified corporate livery, they seem to be going back to their old ways!
Who knows. We just have to wait and see. Road stripes definitely seem to of disappeared

(01 Nov 2020, 3:26 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Saw this on twitter today. Have to say looks very smart. Seems like the style of livery is going to be similar to the Yutongs...[Image: 79dbfd49feb4aeb74e08062c4f904037.jpg]

Looks like a transdev livery.
(04 Nov 2020, 7:06 am)No GNE6312 wrote [ -> ]Looks like a transdev livery.

When I first saw it I thought they’d used a Brighton & Hove template. 

It feels like we’d just started seeing progress with the road strip design trying to give some identity and consistency across their multitude of liveries, but what, a year later it appears the latest two liveries now have this swoosh introduced. We’ll have to see what the finished articles look like I guess. Maybe the road strips will be applied on top? May look a little busy though.

It’s probably not long before they revise their corporate livery, again. It was done all the way back in 2019 after all.  Wink  Sad

Apart from the little coaster network
(04 Nov 2020, 11:10 am)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]Apart from the little coaster network

The buses on the Little Coasters don’t have next stop announcements at all - can’t have a newer system on a bus if it doesn’t have a system full stop.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14